Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just the absolute worst trailer I’d ever seen in my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

quote:

This was just a background video for the E3 Convention, so there's really nothing special here.
They really should change the title of that video

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Even for a background video it's hot garbage, op

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008
breakdancin the night away
all this posting about going down is just reminding me how loving amazing going down is, poo poo fuckin owns

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

l33tfuzzbox posted:

I bought the xbox 360 port and i believe its playable on the one as well. Didnt realize it was delisted though.

E: was supposed to quote not reply. Im refering to Manhattan project

The 360 version's still listed and you can buy and play it just fine assuming you own a 360 or newer.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

c0burn posted:

I recently built an XP machine so I could use EAX on an Audigy 2 properly and it really does sound pretty awesome. Doom 3 at 1024x768 85hz on a CRT and headphones in a dark room is a cool experience.

I still have a SB Audigy in my current computer and use it in conjunction with Creative Alchemy to enjoy some rich EAX sounds.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

chaosapiant posted:

I still have a SB Audigy in my current computer and use it in conjunction with Creative Alchemy to enjoy some rich EAX sounds.

Mine's PCI and PCI is no more

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

chaosapiant posted:

My 2011 motherboard still has a PCI slot and I use a SB Audity too! :hfive:

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Guillermus posted:

My 2011 motherboard still has a PCI slot and I use a SB Audity too! :hfive:

I somehow managed to snag an industrial Sandy Bridge motherboard with five vanilla PCI slots on eBay for $25 shipped. Though I haven't yet the time to play with it that I'd like to, I can confirm that a Yamaha YMF744 sound card works just fine in Linux. Now to finagle a way to point Linux to the OPL3 chip, and feed hacked drivers to the FreeDOS install on a 120 gig SSD and see if I can make that work too...

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

c0burn posted:

Mine's PCI and PCI is no more

PCIe to PCI adapters exist (and are well supported by design)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There's a way to install alchemy without having a creative sound card. The instructions are on pcgamingwiki I'll have to dig it up later

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/DUSKdev/status/1325114558936182793?s=20

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
reiterating my request for someone to ask randy for dnf now that biden won

i would do it but jack freed me

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I bought Amid Evil like one year ago but didn't play it until now because I'm an idiot backlog. I was looking forward to it and knew it was good but I didn't anticipate it being ridiculously great. I have to say it rivals DUSK for me and DUSK is one of my favorite games of all time. Just impeccable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMs_tDBcldQ

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

Pyrolocutus posted:

Speaking of Prodeus, those of you that have already gotten hands-on with it - is it a day one buy?

I've enjoyed it for sure, but I don't think there was enough in the beta to make a proper judgement call. We really only got one Campaign map and it felt like it is definitely an early map in the campaign. I'm still getting it day one, but that's because I enjoy making maps for it a lot.

If anyone does grab it, let me know what you think of the map I made for it. It's called 'Thermal' (by Nebiont, which is the name I go by now).

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Another interesting-looking Doom mod called 'Time Tripper' that seems to be getting close to release: https://twitter.com/HECKSCAPER/status/1325005554742407168
Not much actual gameplay footage available, but the music and visuals are certainly promising.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Nov 8, 2020

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hell yeah

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

(A powerful piece by ishida1694)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Heavy Metal posted:

(A powerful piece by ishida1694)

Tbh Doomguy would fit the ending of Predator much better. Duke would be better as the Carl Weathers character

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
I've played the first several levels of Death Wish (including a secret level) and I'm already thinking that it's better than Blood's original episodes. It's kind of astonishing how well done the whole thing is, the level of creativity at play is incredible.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

dracula vladdy AF posted:

I've played the first several levels of Death Wish (including a secret level) and I'm already thinking that it's better than Blood's original episodes. It's kind of astonishing how well done the whole thing is, the level of creativity at play is incredible.

:agreed:

Death Wish is better than many contemporary full priced games tbh.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mystic Stylez posted:

I bought Amid Evil like one year ago but didn't play it until now because I'm an idiot backlog. I was looking forward to it and knew it was good but I didn't anticipate it being ridiculously great. I have to say it rivals DUSK for me and DUSK is one of my favorite games of all time. Just impeccable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMs_tDBcldQ
Yeah AMID EVIL owns. What's your favorite weapon so far? The more I play the more I dig on the Trident, especially in Horde mode.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I always liked the Trident. The mace has the punchy wall-impaling spikes, but the overkill on the trident was just a personal favorite. Causing enemies to sizzle and pop like overcooked corn kernels and electrocute their friends never got old.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Mace is really fun but it's so finnicky at long range and I usually take out the Sword on-instinct. The Trident has that element of skill that the Water Staff doesn't, and yeah really satisfying feedback. I want to be better with the Planet Launcher, but enemies in AMID EVIL are surprisingly hard to lead shots on.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'm not sure if Amid Evil is a better game than Dusk, but I certainly enjoyed it more.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I know Dusk got delayed on Switch but does Amid Evil have a date for it’s Switch port?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Do Amid Evil or Dusk rely on precision aiming at all? I’m way more likely to play them on the Switch but I’m not enough of a console gamer to really be that good with a controller.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You'll be fine on both.

AMID EVIL has entirely projectile weapons, but one of them auto-tracks enemies and the others all have splash damage or wide ranges of effect. It's honestly really easy on everything but Max difficulty.

DUSK is a bit trickier, but should be fine on lower difficulties where you'll have enough time to target the enemies before they chip you down.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

dusk has the hunting rifle which is kind of a precision weapon, but realistically the game is set up in a way where you should have plenty of opportunities to use it that shouldn't leave you sitting out and exposed if you want to pick off some far away enemies with it.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah AMID EVIL owns. What's your favorite weapon so far? The more I play the more I dig on the Trident, especially in Horde mode.

I couldn't help but think the Aeturnum. Watching like 5+ enemies explode in a pink lightning after being shocked and paralyzed rules.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I wish the axe overcharge would pull you through air so i could blend enemies with my propeller axe

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

well, good news on that front. as long as you're in the water, that is.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Johnny Joestar posted:

well, good news on that front. as long as you're in the water, that is.

yeah but i hate being in water in any game

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

david_a posted:

Do Amid Evil or Dusk rely on precision aiming at all? I’m way more likely to play them on the Switch but I’m not enough of a console gamer to really be that good with a controller.

That’s why you use gyro aiming with the controller. It’s the best middle ground between the comfort of a controller and accuracy more like M&K for me.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
It just occurred to me that we haven't heard any news from that "Bloom" (Blood + Doom) crossover mod that got a lot of coverage about a year ago. I wonder what's going on with them lately.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Had no clue that was being done in GameMaker I had assumed Unity.

https://twitter.com/TreyPowell1964/status/1325451360041660418?s=20

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I mean, "switching engines" means rebuilding literally the entire game so I wonder how much content was even there prior to this decision.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

I know Dusk got delayed on Switch but does Amid Evil have a date for it’s Switch port?
No date yet, I assume they're waiting to see both how Dusk does and for the Amid Evil DLC expansion to be released.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 8, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/E1M1magazine/status/1325559590340136963?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mystic Stylez posted:

I couldn't help but think the Aeturnum. Watching like 5+ enemies explode in a pink lightning after being shocked and paralyzed rules.
If the overcharge didn't do the (totally appropriate, but disorienting) screen blur it'd be one of my favorite BFGs. I do love using it in Horde mode.

Demon got back