Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Ash Crimson posted:

Even the brits hate the brits

Britain out of Britain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Z the IVth posted:

I heard something about AOC being a goon or goon-adjacent? Any truth to that?

Would certainly explain the shitposting.

she's been on twitch with hbomberguy a few times and I think he used to post here, not sure if it really counts as goon adjacent though

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ash Crimson posted:

Even the brits hate the brits
They don't even speak Breton anymore.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

Fortunately the material conditions to create a young new left are all in place.

By which I mean everything has fallen to poo poo again.

He's going to challenge Marcus Rashford to a fight with bike chains by 2022.

It was old cornpop all along!!!! :bahgawd:

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Holy crap Lord Buckethead really leveled up

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's count binface, not lord buckethead.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Who's mister green and purple there, then

i would like the answer to be CISTA please

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

crispix posted:

Aren't those the colours of the Suffragettes?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

CISTAs are doing it for themselves

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Holy crap Lord Buckethead really leveled up

excuse me that is count binface and he got 69 votes

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Continuity RCP posted:

Britain out of Britain

Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Danes, and Normans go home

Not sure about the Scots but I’m sure we could settle them back in their Irish homeland without too much conflict?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Adonis/status/1325460227643371521

:adonisbrain:

e:

josh04 fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 8, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hashtag For Biden Please Engage

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Andrew Adonis is really the dumbest person alive isn't he? It's honestly impresive how thick he is.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

crispix posted:

I zoomed in on the rosette and it is even more mysterious.

"Don't vote tobin let tobin vote"?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 8, 2020

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Bobby Deluxe posted:

CISTAs are doing it for themselves
I lolled out loud irl at this.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
It is actually a bit weird for biden to reply to a request for a word from the BBC with I'm Irish. Like ok what does that mean?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It means he's in the ra, op.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The BBC had a history of not allowing certain Irish voices.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Yeah. And?

I mean was that the BBC acting unilaterally or was it that their voices weren't allowed by some law or whatever.

Either way, unsure why biden would be referring to this now.

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

OwlFancier posted:

I zoomed in on the rosette and it is even more mysterious.

"Don't vote tobin let tobin vote"?

Apparenlty he lives in france and wants his vote back (also to extend the franchise to 16-17 year olds).

It always annoys me when people complain about Brits who decided to live abroad not being able to vote because they very rarely care about people who have moved here being able to vote.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

The one good thing about Biden's brain being stuck in the 70s is that it still correctly assumes the British state is in the process of loving over the Irish and lying about it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yeah. And?

I mean was that the BBC acting unilaterally or was it that their voices weren't allowed by some law or whatever.

Either way, unsure why biden would be referring to this now.

Because it's funny OP.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nothingtoseehere posted:

The one good thing about Biden's brain being stuck in the 70s
This just reminded me that he can't tell the difference between Theresa May and Margaret Thatcher.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A significant portion of the UK press also had that problem.

E:

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 8, 2020

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
it's good that social distancing means he can't sniff women as he used to, i suppose

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Brawl breaks out in Tesco eggs aisle during Remembrance Sunday two-minutes silence

Eggs were said to be smashed on the supermarket floor as a fight erupted in the big store

A brawl broke out in the Tesco eggs aisle as horrified shoppers watched on during the two minute silence.

A witness described hearing a commotion as everyone else in the Middlesbrough Trunk Road superstore in South Bank had paused to pay their respects.

It is believed the violence erupted after a woman was ordered to shush by a customer during the silence held on Remembrance Sunday to honour fallen servicemen and women.

One mortified shopper said: “We were all stood still, observing the two minutes’ silence when we heard lots of screaming and shouting.

"Everyone was looking at each other, we were like ‘what’s going on’.

“I heard someone shout ‘you’ve disrespected my mother!’"

He added: "All the staff started running towards the eggs aisle.

"I asked someone what was going on and they said a woman had asked another woman to stop talking through the silence and the next minute they were fighting with each other.

"There were smashed eggs all over the floor.

“It was definitely not something you see every day.

“I only went in for a chicken.”

A Tesco spokesperson said: “We would like to thank the police for their swift assistance following an incident in our Eston Cleveland Extra this morning.”

Cleveland Police has been contacted for comment.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

feedmegin posted:

If we go that far back nobody will remember him at all. How many Romans who failed to be elected Consul do we know about?

Cato, Bibulus, the Brothers Gracchi, Brutus. But nothing compared to all the Consuls.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It is actually a bit weird for biden to reply to a request for a word from the BBC with I'm Irish. Like ok what does that mean?

Americans with Irish ancestry that they are strongly attached to will flat out say they're Irish. Even if they're less actually Irish than me with one great grandad from Dublin.

This Is Bad For Boris Johnson.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Cato, Bibulus, the Brothers Gracchi, Brutus. But nothing compared to all the Consuls.

The Gracchi were plebs and not eligible, no? Did Brutus ever stand for consul?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Angepain posted:

Brawl breaks out in Tesco eggs aisle during Remembrance Sunday two-minutes silence

Eggs were said to be smashed on the supermarket floor as a fight erupted in the big store

A brawl broke out in the Tesco eggs aisle as horrified shoppers watched on during the two minute silence.

A witness described hearing a commotion as everyone else in the Middlesbrough Trunk Road superstore in South Bank had paused to pay their respects.

It is believed the violence erupted after a woman was ordered to shush by a customer during the silence held on Remembrance Sunday to honour fallen servicemen and women.

One mortified shopper said: “We were all stood still, observing the two minutes’ silence when we heard lots of screaming and shouting.

"I asked someone what was going on and they said a woman had asked another woman to stop talking through the silence and the next minute they were fighting with each other.

A Tesco spokesperson said: “We would like to thank the police for their swift assistance following an incident in our Eston Cleveland Extra this morning.”

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
if you wind back to contemporary coverage about Corbyn in overseas media just a year or two ago, he was almost always just glossed as yet another left-wing populist in the mode of Podemos and SYRIZA

his main achievement will be to have been a longstanding Euroskeptic also overcome by the tides of Brexit, as the sideshow in the drama of the government of Theresa May being shaken by it

domestic memory will probably differ though

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Angepain posted:

Chicken first, then. (makes note)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Angepain posted:

gently caress I don't do tescos cos I would love to hear about that on monday :v:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
:discourse: new thread title

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

feedmegin posted:

Americans with Irish ancestry that they are strongly attached to will flat out say they're Irish. Even if they're less actually Irish than me with one great grandad from Dublin.

This Is Bad For Boris Johnson.

few things annoy me more. a cousin on my mom's side LIVES for this poo poo. to the point where i'll do something and post it on IG and she'll comment "That's the irish in you!" like what the gently caress lady i'm from the south, and while it's cool to look at family trees the closest irish i have is my great grandfather.

Maugrim posted:

:discourse: new thread title

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Americans have a lot of pre-packaged ancestral national identities and imo it's best to just nod politely and let them get on with it

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

crispix posted:

Americans have a lot of pre-packaged ancestral national identities and imo it's best to just nod politely and let them get on with it

Also sell them coats of arms and t shirts, this is an important part of Ireland's tourism industry

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

sure my family is all from Buttfuck Nowhere, Appalachia - but your questions about my ancestry are clearly already answered by my dropkick murphys tshirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

crispix posted:

Up to a generation or two ago, where your ancestors emigrated from made a huge difference in your social standing in the US. There was a pretty solid pecking order based on national origins.

It's fading, but still an important part of American identity.