Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Would it be in line with Animal Rights to say okay we eat the cows that we have but after that, no more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

buddhist nudist posted:

This mfer bragging about doing a cow genocide.

Saved me about $8,000 per status report in maintenance costs, too! Cattle ranches are expensive to maintain! The soybeans not so much, but that's just an added bonus.

(the in-game effect is that you get to substitute rice - vastly cheaper to produce in much larger quantities - for beef in the production of luxury meals)

Also, Anno 2205 is just plain pretty.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
One of the major plot reveals in Doom Eternal is that the humans being killed by the demons on Earth are being sent to Doom's version of Hell to be sapped for etheric energy which powers the true antagonist's entire race of beings, and my only question when presented with this was "wouldn't it be easier to just set up a human soul farm in Hell so you don't have to get them from Earth"

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Nov 6, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Demons are barely capable of fighting threats against themselves without turning on each other for friendly fire, you really think they'd be able to manage that?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

CJacobs posted:

RDR2's auto-horse-travel cinematic cam is really funny because it doesn't disrupt the auto-horsing unless you hit a button on the controller no matter what, even if something important happens on the way. I let the game autopilot me to a collectible spot once while I got up to make a sandwich, and when I heard shooting I poked my head back in to see Arthur and Horse barreling through a wooden bridge surrounded by like 10 guys who expected him to stop so they could try and rob him in a scripted event.

This happened to me, once

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

:discourse:

B-e-a-yootiful

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So Watch Dogs :Legion continues to be really neat in spots.
Doing a side mission where I have to kill a drug smuggler for and they really want you do kill the,m instead... I recruited them. And the game even had a line ready for that.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Croccers posted:

So Watch Dogs :Legion continues to be really neat in spots.
Doing a side mission where I have to kill a drug smuggler for and they really want you do kill the,m instead... I recruited them. And the game even had a line ready for that.

So this is a spiritual sequel to The Phantom Pain, then.

I hate how Ubisoft release a game that's extremely My poo poo right after being revealed to be terrible.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Sometimes the procedural generation gives unique results

https://twitter.com/DNAbro/status/1322325224168345600?s=20

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

Orbital Drop to a nice farm upstate

You just moved them to a nice new field, right outside the airlock. Lots of wide open space, plenty of room to float run around...

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

ilmucche posted:

I have never had a problem killing Sif,aybe I'm a monster.

My pyro buddy though, I was sad when he went hollow :(

The storyline of Runas in WoW was, perhaps, the greatest thing they've written.
course, the little side stories are almost always waaaaaay better than any of the garbage they put out in the "A" Story

RIP Runas. You were not a monster.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that’s the thing with WoW, there’s good individual quest lore and NPC dialogue and they make fun cutscenes, it’s just the overarching storylines they gently caress up consistently.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Potentially breaking thread rules since it's technically a big thing, but my childishly underdeveloped brain is very entertained by the fact that the ginormous Zeus statue in AC Odyssey's intro area has a meticulously sculpted dick, and there's reaction dialogue for when you go climb up onto it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yo in the new Assassin's Creed game you can ride a big rear end wolf.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Yo in the new Assassin's Creed game you can ride a big rear end wolf.

Despite having no loving idea as to how one pets a cat, you can also pet cats.
I'm pretty sure nobody involved in making this animation has ever seen or indeed even heard of cats.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MerrySpiffyBantamrooster-mobile.mp4

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

CJacobs posted:

One of the major plot reveals in Doom Eternal is that the humans being killed by the demons on Earth are being sent to Doom's version of Hell to be sapped for etheric energy which powers the true antagonist's entire race of beings, and my only question when presented with this was "wouldn't it be easier to just set up a human soul farm in Hell so you don't have to get them from Earth"

You spelling this out made me realize that DOOM Eternal is really just the demons going "Let's see how you like it when we steal your energy you big jerks! :mad: "

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

SubNat posted:

I'm pretty sure nobody involved in making this animation has ever seen or indeed even heard of cats.

Does the PC go *pspspspspsps*?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Wasabi the J posted:

Does the PC go *pspspspspsps*?

Neither, that's running on an Xbox One

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

SubNat posted:

I guess that's a bobcat but seriously do they not know how to pet a cat?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

SubNat posted:

ow! you are stinging me

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'll be honest, I kinda expected better simulated cat technology for a generational upgrade in the year 2020 :eng99:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

SubNat posted:

I mean, if I had a cat who was OK with this I’d pet them like that constantly. Look at that big ol fluffbutt. :3:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
lot of non-cat holders itt

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'll be honest, I kinda expected better simulated cat technology for a generational upgrade in the year 2020 :eng99:

Every time you write code that would create realistic cat behavior, it starts ignoring your edits and batting other code off the table. Computer scientists call it the Purroblem.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

christmas boots posted:

ow! you are stinging me

I got this reference.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Look, with all that development work going into making sure you can always pet the dog, something had to fall by the wayside, and it turns out it was the cats.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I'm enjoying AC Odyssey at the moment as well; the horse is the most aggressively off-road 4-leg ATV I've ever ridden, none of Bayek's horse whinnying and balking at the mildest of scree-covered slopes, gee up there and it's like a 60degree incline :allears:

Also lol at wildcat attacks where the cat latches onto a soldiers back RA-RAWRRR and they run around in a panic.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pretty sure that's just a Maine Coon. Or however you spell it. They're the dogs of cats.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Videogame cats ignoring their programming is a very cat thing to do

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I hated fighting those cats. They would latch onto your backs and it'd take forever to kill them.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
More Watch Dogs Legion.
Booted someone from my Dedsec cause they were kinda boring, then a few hours later I had to raid a building and look who turned up as a guard :v:

She even fired at me.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

SubNat posted:

I have a cat who loves being picked up like this and held like a big dumb little baby.

The other one just growls at you the whole time if you do it though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

1stGear posted:

Every time you write code that would create realistic cat behavior, it starts ignoring your edits and batting other code off the table. Computer scientists call it the Purroblem.

:hmmyes:

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I had good memories of finding someone in the first Watchdogs who was HIV positive but also donated blood on the regular. Somehow I lost karma for killing them.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

yeah honestly that cat picking up animation is pretty realistic. i have a cat who likes being picked up.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I have a cats I pick up like that. They're not exactly okay with being picked up or pet when it isn't in their terms. But that's how I carry the chonks

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I had a cat that would only stand being picked up if she could basically stand on top of my arms like that, it's more the kinda goofy look that I was complaining about.

Robert J. Omb
Dec 1, 2005
The 'J' stands for 'AAARRGH!'

HenryEx posted:

Neither, that's running on an Xbox One

My favourite little thing in Games is this joke.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I regularly meet a neighborhood cat that comes running up and immediately jumps on my shoulders, I don't really have a frame of reference for what normal cats do but that video seems perfectly normal to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Normal cats require some kind of support so their chest doesn't seem to be floating in midair while their paws dangle limply