Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

At least one shop here has "shots" to add to any drink. That might be better if that's the application you're looking for. I know I wouldn't waste my oil spray (which I really like) in a drink when I can easily put it under my tongue as directed.

Edit: Ours is called Fluresh Fast-Acting Drink Enhancer. 5 mg each THC/CBD or 10 mg THC per half-teaspoon dose, looks like 20 doses per bottle.

Hirayuki fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

Pookum posted:

Is it true theres like a weed breathalyzer that cops in colorado have?

It's called a human nose, very sensitive to burning skunk

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

There's no reliable way to tell how intoxicated someone is from cannabis

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Inspector Hound posted:

There's no reliable way to tell how intoxicated someone is from cannabis

Offer them a cheeseburger

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If you like the music of Night Ranger.

Sister Christian the time has come...

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Hello weed thread, I picked up a bunch of new strains on Friday and my favorite so far has been a hybrid called Sunshine OG which is a combination of Sunshine "Michigan Cut" & unknown OG. :2bong:

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
Anyone been through the medical license process in FL? Wondering if it's worth doing.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Pookum posted:

Is it true theres like a weed breathalyzer that cops in colorado have?

I certainly haven’t heard of that but I’ve also not been pulled over in ten years so I dunno what cops are doing out here.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
decided to try 'wake and bake' on sunday since I also have today off, and also to only have a little.

Holy poo poo, how do people function like that? I think I'll stick to evenings only. On the other hand, now I know what to do if I want about 14 hours sleep in a day.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah i dont smoke in the morning much anymore. its fine if you plan to keep smoking and sleeping all day, otherwise id rather just wait

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

its ok sometimes but if i get into the netflix/video game groove with my morning coffee while high the day is done before it begins

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

redreader posted:

decided to try 'wake and bake' on sunday since I also have today off, and also to only have a little.

Holy poo poo, how do people function like that? I think I'll stick to evenings only. On the other hand, now I know what to do if I want about 14 hours sleep in a day.

.1g in the vapcap my dude, and wait until after you've done your morning oblations and maybe eaten something.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

redreader posted:

i smoke weed every morning while drinking coffee and get a lot of writing done and its often one of my most productive times. the coffee is essential though, as is music.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

My favorite thing about weed is that it gets me high.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's not exactly difficult to build a heavy habit.

Frankly, I can only smoke so much flower a day, and I've mostly stayed clear of concentrates recently. You want a big tolerance fast? Start smoking concentrates. I did for years. After you smoke a gram of wax a day, a joint might set the mood, but not get you stoned enough to sit on the couch and munch all day.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Yeah vaping and edibles torched my tolerance. I still get high but... it takes a lil bit. I'm at like a gram of oil every week and a half, plus gummies. Pandemic and work loving sucks.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Tolerance is why I started growing my own. Buying ounces started getting expensive.

Agreed on coffee and cannabis being besties. Nothing beats a good coffee, some weed, and a nice bright morning.
Except maybe coffee, weed, and 1am when the world is quiet.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If I actually have something to do, I usually do it better with a joint. I find myself less rushed and more concerned with the final results than just blasting through a project at breakdick speed. That includes being fully comfortable with most small power tools and gas powered equipment.

I spent about 5 years working in bar and restaurant kitchens. If you've never worked in a kitchen, optimally, you want stoned cooks over drunk ones. They bitch less, don't steal your booze, and usually have just enough attention to remember what's on the grill. Memory for what you just went into the walk-in for? Yeah, that probably suffered. Really helped with how time dilates in a kitchen though. And keeps the tension down when it's rush and assholes and elbows are flying every which way. It's been years and I'm rusty, but I still trust myself with a knife at any level of stonedness.

gently caress oysters though. I refuse to ever shuck a single loving one again regardless of mental state. gently caress those things with a BP drilling rig.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If I actually have something to do, I usually do it better with a joint. I find myself less rushed and more concerned with the final results than just blasting through a project at breakdick speed. That includes being fully comfortable with most small power tools and gas powered equipment.

I loving love yard work now. Throw on some podcasts and it's great!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I spent about 5 years working in bar and restaurant kitchens. If you've never worked in a kitchen, optimally, you want stoned cooks over drunk ones. They bitch less, don't steal your booze, and usually have just enough attention to remember what's on the grill. Memory for what you just went into the walk-in for? Yeah, that probably suffered. Really helped with how time dilates in a kitchen though. And keeps the tension down when it's rush and assholes and elbows are flying every which way. It's been years and I'm rusty, but I still trust myself with a knife at any level of stonedness.

gently caress oysters though. I refuse to ever shuck a single loving one again regardless of mental state. gently caress those things with a BP drilling rig.

I've become much more confident using tools and doing mechanical maintenance (mostly on bikes) while stoned, for the exact reasons you stated above. I'm ADHD as gently caress naturally and love running through poo poo ridiculously quick and saying "that's good enough", but weed slows me down to say "yeah it's fine now but will that screw be able to hold up under pressure for the next 5 years? Alright time to figure that out"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Good to expand on skills while stoned. It really makes the lovely things so much easier to tolerate.

I wonder what the veterans day deals are gonna be at the dispos today. Thinking about swinging by home depot, getting a small pile of wood and building me something, I could use a good eighth to get me through whatever I build.

Bonzo posted:

I loving love yard work now. Throw on some podcasts and it's great!

Seriously. I worked landscaping for a while, poo poo was always much more fun when stoned. I couldn't smoke as blatantly back then, it was an illegal state and one of our contracts was on a small mil installation. Always had to kill my morning joint in a Hardee's parking lot before going into that property. I was really happy to string-trim or edge for those first few hours, though.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm a sous chef, working for drunks. The fact that they're drunks means they forget anything we discuss immediately after the end of work while everyone pounds 3 or 4 beers, and that they're loving useless first thing in the morning. My chef boss is always 5-10 minutes late after the shop opens, so I have to mind her schedule as well to make sure I show up early to make sure the shop is open. And there's never any decent booze to cook with, just cooking wine/sherry, because open bottles seem to leak or sprout legs after hours. I'd go insane if I weren't stoned all the time and the money wasn't insanely good in the busy season. There's absolutely a level of weed that makes the work just flow through me perfectly like driving home under highway hypnosis, but too much can be Very Bad. Working sober is ok but it's just so slow and stressful in comparison.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Yeah I like to wake up and start work early so I can pop an edible around 3-4 PM. There's definitely a time around the 45 minute mark where I can hit a stride of sorts and get a bunch of work done but once the edible is fully onset it's time to boot up a game or whatever instead.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

poverty goat posted:

I'm a sous chef, working for drunks. The fact that they're drunks means they forget anything we discuss immediately after the end of work while everyone pounds 3 or 4 beers, and that they're loving useless first thing in the morning. My chef boss is always 5-10 minutes late after the shop opens, so I have to mind her schedule as well to make sure I show up early to make sure the shop is open. And there's never any decent booze to cook with, just cooking wine/sherry, because open bottles seem to leak or sprout legs after hours. I'd go insane if I weren't stoned all the time and the money wasn't insanely good in the busy season. There's absolutely a level of weed that makes the work just flow through me perfectly like driving home under highway hypnosis, but too much can be Very Bad. Working sober is ok but it's just so slow and stressful in comparison.

I never got to where I was working in a place that had titled positions. Worked in restaurants where there were 5-10 cooks at a time, dive bars where I worked with 1-2 other cooks and dives where I worked alone on shift.

I really liked working bars. Menus are usually pretty simple, demand is modest even at rush, and no one gives a gently caress what the cooks are up to because drunks don't care as much about timely orders. I'd have a shift drink on occasion, but I mostly smoked right outside the back door. Didn't care much for the biker crowd, and too many times I'd hear the band warming up at max loving volume with bad 80s rock, but it was usually a pretty chill place.

Working at bigger bars (corporate chains) was okay, and we'd smoke under the range hoods during morning prep when cooking off bacon for the day. Bartenders usually had good weed, too.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

redreader posted:

My first two or three bong rips are in my car outside work at 545 am or so lol

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah like the most intelligent guy in my school was the only weed smoker and he aced his maths exam while stoned. I couldn't do that though. Maybe if I find the correct low dose and built up tolerance maybe.

I am good at cleaning the house while stoned, or at pulling weeds.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Got a new squishy acrylic bong about to use it nice

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Sjs00 posted:

nice i want to get one of those but im not sure how to clean them or if you can?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If you like the music of Night Ranger.

Sister Christian the time has come...

Cheetah. Cheetos. There's so much beauty in the world. :unsmith:

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Sjs00 posted:

Uh, acrylic shouldn't be squishy unless something went really wrong. Does it have a recycling code on it? It's probably high temp, low durometer silicone.

If silicone, then iso should work to clean it. But you'll need to bake the iso out of it in the oven.

Remember, plastics absorb atmospheric moisture!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
just made my bed time for some weed :2bong:

oh wait i apparently tucked in my vape underneath the sheets

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone else taper their smoking instead of just doing an outright t-break? I've been cutting back a lot on smoking since I had a sinus infection and my brain has been foggy as heck. Weed still rules though please do not get me wrong on that

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

bagmonkey posted:

Does anyone else taper their smoking instead of just doing an outright t-break? I've been cutting back a lot on smoking since I had a sinus infection and my brain has been foggy as heck. Weed still rules though please do not get me wrong on that

i just smoke weed fully all the time and never take tolerance breaks. works great.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Hell Yeah posted:

i just smoke weed fully all the time and never take tolerance breaks. works great.
always smoke weed to the fullest i say

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Uh, acrylic shouldn't be squishy unless something went really wrong. Does it have a recycling code on it? It's probably high temp, low durometer silicone.

If silicone, then iso should work to clean it. But you'll need to bake the iso out of it in the oven.

Remember, plastics absorb atmospheric moisture!

yea its silicone

thathonkey posted:

nice i want to get one of those but im not sure how to clean them or if you can?
Yeah its silicone, it washes really easy. goon approved

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hell Yeah posted:

What if I overdose on it though bro?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I tried a 1:2 gummy with 5 mg THC and 10 mg CBD. I hadn't seen one with the ratio tilted in that direction before. It seemed to last a lot longer than my usual 2.5 mg 1:1 variety, which I suppose it would--but also longer than 5 mg of THC-only spray: from taking the gummy at about 4:30 to falling fast asleep near midnight and sleeping like a drat log straight through to 7 this morning. I wouldn't say I was especially productive during that time, so it's best saved for a lazy day (at least for me).

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

^^mostly my strategy despite any advice I give^^

bagmonkey posted:

Gotta take t breaks if you want the crazy, never been high, near hallucinogenic experience, but it only takes a few days to a week to knock it down pretty well even if you're a pro cannabist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I learned how to make a bourbon cake last week and my first thought was that I should make a "special" bourbon cake. The cake is entirely too huge to eat by myself before going bad though, and it makes me wish I could have people over to share edible deliciousness with. :smith:

I want to make special bourbon muffins but I don't trust myself enough.