Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Do well today and run hard, NFC West teams that play today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1325456626413936641

We'll all be dead and Pete will be there on the sidelines, chewing gum.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
How did Seahawks go from one of the best defenses all time to worst defense all time?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Its Rinaldo posted:

How did Seahawks go from one of the best defenses all time to worst defense all time?

Lose an all-time secondary and not replace them with equitable players?

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Its Rinaldo posted:

2013 was seven years ago

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

2010-2012 was a historically good run of defensive drafts for the Hawks and since then they’ve sucked poo poo at drafting defensive players. Not too hard to see what happened. Who is the best defensive pick from 2013 on? Reed? Shaq?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

2010-2012 was a historically good run of defensive drafts for the Hawks and since then they’ve sucked poo poo at drafting defensive players. Not too hard to see what happened. Who is the best defensive pick from 2013 on? Reed? Shaq?

That's still on the team, yeah I'd say Shaq. Best pick overall was definitely Frank Clark. Pretty dismal run of results.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I mean, you can include the offense in there as well. Schneider’s been coasting on 2010-2012 for a long time, he’s managed to draft a rb and 2 wrs since then

Honestly if he didn’t draft Wilson he’d probably be fired at this point, the team sucks

Sweeper fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 8, 2020

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Sweeper posted:

I mean, you can include the offense in there as well. Schneider’s been coasting on 2010-2012 for a long time, he’s managed to draft a rb and 2 wrs since then

Honestly if he didn’t draft Wilson he’d probably be fired at this point, the team sucks

Lewis and Pocic have been pretty important to getting the offensive line up to generally mediocre, occasionally above average.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Sweeper posted:

lol calm down, we're 6-1, and have missed the playoffs once since Wilson got drafted. the Seahawks are fine

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
There is too much talent on that defense to be that terrible. They need to fire Norton immediately.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Lifespan posted:

There is too much talent on that defense to be that terrible. They need to fire Norton immediately.

Just wait until Wagner and Wright retire, it’s happening in the next couple of years they’re both over 30

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Pungry posted:

lol calm down, we're 6-1, and have missed the playoffs once since Wilson got drafted. the Seahawks are fine

They’re fine, but they’d also be bottom quarter of the league if they had, say, Teddy Bridgewater at QB.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They’re fine, but they’d also be bottom quarter of the league if they had, say, Teddy Bridgewater at QB.

Carson and the wide receiving corp makes me think they would still be in the 25-50% if they had a below average starting QB. They would also have more cash to go after FAs without Wilson's large (and well deserved) salary.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Gerund posted:

2013 was seven years ago

I know I'm just saying you'd think Pete Carroll and John Schneider who created that defense would manage to not put together something that is one of the worst of all time and it's bizarre that the Seahawks are in the position they are.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
WRs really don’t elevate a team that much without a decent QB, and any QB besides Wilson would’ve gotten murdered behind that line for the last two years.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Lifespan posted:

Carson and the wide receiving corp makes me think they would still be in the 25-50% if they had a below average starting QB. They would also have more cash to go after FAs without Wilson's large (and well deserved) salary.

FA QBs aren’t that much cheaper than stars in terms of cap numbers. Bridgewater’s cap hit is 23 million next year. If you have a starter quality QB you’re going to spend at least 20 mil on them and likely more. Russ is maybe 25% more expensive but he provides way way more value than you could get for the 10 million or so you’d save.

I also don’t think Metcalf of Lockett look as good without a QB with a high level deep ball and there aren’t many of those out there.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Russell Wilson bullshit hinges on his insane ability to launch balls that somehow come down vertically into his receiver's hands.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

rjmccall posted:

WRs really don’t elevate a team that much without a decent QB, and any QB besides Wilson would’ve gotten murdered behind that line for the last two years.

That is true. Wilson's insane conditioning has kept him upright through years of getting the poo poo beat out of him behind garbage lines.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Fire Pete.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Lifespan posted:

That is true. Wilson's insane conditioning has kept him upright through years of getting the poo poo beat out of him behind garbage lines.

I love hearing "This is the best line Wilson has been behind since 2013" from the commentators every other week. Imagine if he wasn't immediately pressured almost every snap.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Wow, that was some trash play by Seattle today. But most of it was Quentin Dunbar being about as useful as a tackling dummy in basically every play. You could see him kind of limp-running on the play before his DPI call in the 4th, I guess he's nursing an injury, but that is a guy who needs to be replaced by some practice squad guy and sit on the bench for a game to think about how badly he sucked.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Burn the tape, and maybe a few other things too.

This defense isn't good enough for a Super Bowl run. Maybe they'll improve if they get healthier but it's no guarantee that either happen.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

its all nice on rice posted:

I love hearing "This is the best line Wilson has been behind since 2013" from the commentators every other week. Imagine if he wasn't immediately pressured almost every snap.

The Bills have blitzed a bunch and Wilson has not done a good job of identifying the blitzes and getting rid of it quickly, so that’s not all on the line.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

King Hong Kong posted:

Fire Quinton Dunbar

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
haha the Seahawks are bad

Quinton Dunbar had easily one of the worst individual performances I can recall. Jesus, what a whiff.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Bills have blitzed a bunch and Wilson has not done a good job of identifying the blitzes and getting rid of it quickly, so that’s not all on the line.

Oh I'm not putting it all on them. Wilson has had plenty of bad play. It's just really loving funny that a line that is mediocre at the best of times is being compared to one from seven years ago that also wasn't all that good. You've gone all in on a franchise QB, but don't do much of anything to protect him.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I turned it off and picked up dog poop in my backyard because that was a more productive use of my time, and also because I have a dog.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I didn't watch the game. What happened?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
While no one can make Flowers good (and I guess Dunbar was considered good at some point), they need to fire Norton. You can't be sprinting towards the NFL record for yards allowed and have "getting Dunlop" be the only adjustment.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ParkerLewisJR/status/1325565907687464962

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

half cocaine posted:

I didn't watch the game. What happened?
Well, the good news is we sacked Josh Allen seven times.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Why ever run against the worst pass defense in NFL history? The funny part is usually when you say something like that, you are just being a pissy fan, but halfway through the season they have measurably the worst pass defense in NFL history.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

its all nice on rice posted:

Oh I'm not putting it all on them. Wilson has had plenty of bad play. It's just really loving funny that a line that is mediocre at the best of times is being compared to one from seven years ago that also wasn't all that good. You've gone all in on a franchise QB, but don't do much of anything to protect him.

Well, I think partially this is a talent issue but there’s also some other things at work: the Seahawks don’t really have much of an intermediate passing game since their two best guys are perimeter field stretchers, so they have limited options to get the ball out of Russ’s hands quickly and honestly the offensive scheme doesn’t seem all that interested in doing so. Russ also tends to hold on to the ball too long anyway trying to make something happen, and he tends to run outside the pocket or try to escape backwards a lot which makes it hard for the line to maintain their blocks.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
The AFC East: formidable opponents

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Kliff, you can clearly see that Uncle Pete is letting Russ do his own thing and it’s working really well. Can we let Kyler do his own thing and not run ON 3RD AND ONE!?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Zane Gonzalez is dogshit and the Cardinals need to send out feelers for a veteran placekicker this week.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Cards 0-3 vs mammals

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the healthy week 1 defense with this weeks offense would be great.

gonzalez is probably average but man is he streaky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I can't believe I thought our secondary was going to be one of the 5 best in the league at the start of the season :ughh:

What a loving embarrassment