Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if herman and lurch are whooping each other's rear end, who would whoop the most?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The number of my right-leaning friends who are upset that people are celebrating Biden's win is surprising. I got blasted in the rear end for posting a Chuck Tingle joke of all things.

This division is never going away, is it?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Crossposting from the Full Gear thread because more people need to see my precious baby.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The Croc posted:

thats cute and you should fuss the belly as no bad can come of it.

the picture was taken 6 hours, 3 fingers, and 2 pints of blood prior to posting

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

ChrisBTY posted:

Crossposting from the Full Gear thread because more people need to see my precious baby.

Hewwo! A majestic piece of darkness is right here

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
My wife installed an armoire in her study. It has a mirror on it.

My cat and dog do not quite get along. The dog *loves* the cat and she hates him thoroughly.

So the dog will stroll up to the cat on the couch and she will hiss at him and he will be like—cool, got it. Keeping my distance. Carry on, boss.

Then he walks up to the armoire mirror and sees himself in it. He knows that it is him. But when he sees the cat there, he starts barking. New cat! New cat! Look out!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

If it's pets ya want they check out this little lady's stunning smile

Dat fuckin snaggle!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Deeply bummed about Alex Trebek

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/ayoarati/status/1325491986485239808?s=21

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MotU posted:

oh snapple is a long time poster here in the fight forum, please dont tell them to get out

yeah what a really nice poster to crosspost posts from this thread in an insane circle jerk thread to make fun of people here. a really great contributor. keep on coming back snapple

e: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916038&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=419#post509750562

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 8, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that was sarcasm based on questionable behavior in an old argument. Dark Souls is more interesting than films

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fart Souls

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Please don't import drama from other subforums. CSPAM bullshit can stay in CSPAM.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ChrisBTY posted:

And I've spent a buttload on the new M:TG set to boot. Good thing I only do Christmas shopping for my mom.
Zend or the new Legends thing?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dang that's a great clip

That guy is the real winner

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yeah what a really nice poster to crosspost posts from this thread in an insane circle jerk thread to make fun of people here. a really great contributor. keep on coming back snapple

e: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916038&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=419#post509750562

Eh, they can like me or dislike me, make fun of me or not, I don't care. But my comment about how adorable their cat is still stands :colbert:

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

See this is why I said I didn't wanna deal with D&D posters man

I mean they're allowed to have their opinions but holy fuckin' poo poo

Also I was on a super big emotional high earlier and now I have totally fuckin' crashed and it's scary and I don't exactly like it

Also forgive me for opening the Pandora's Box y'all
I totally feel you there. Nice high then a low. I will say I'm happy today that AOC is aggressively voicing a lot of my concerns. It's a big loving hill and a big loving rock.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
want to play some RPGs before Cyberpunk comes out. what's some good ones to play on the PS4

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nier automata or if you don't consider that an rpg then cat quest 2

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Banjo Kazooie 2

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Been trying to play Metro Exodus

I was hoping it would be the open world style version of Metro they said it would be - so far it's just been one very on rails environment after another even out in the world once you leave the metro. Definitely not what I hoped for but I'm going to stick with it for a while.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

want to play some RPGs before Cyberpunk comes out. what's some good ones to play on the PS4

-if you want something by the books but polished to a mirror shine then you have dragon quest 11
-if you want something classic but refreshed for a new age go final fantasy 7 remake
-i love the pillars series but the ps4 ports are godawful even though i've got plat on deadfire :sweatdrop:
-i know you've already played inquisition and probably andromeda? its kinda meh though if you haven't
-i love the tales series but you need a tolerance for anime. don't play zestiria.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Jeopardy is not on TV here to my knowledge, but it's been on Netflix since earlier this year. It's been a nice thing throughout the lockdowns. Trebek was a good host, RIP. :(

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Joey McChrist posted:

-if you want something by the books but polished to a mirror shine then you have dragon quest 11
-if you want something classic but refreshed for a new age go final fantasy 7 remake
-i love the pillars series but the ps4 ports are godawful even though i've got plat on deadfire :sweatdrop:
-i know you've already played inquisition and probably andromeda? its kinda meh though if you haven't
-i love the tales series but you need a tolerance for anime. don't play zestiria.

yakuza like a dragon in 2 days and im very ready for it.

Also the "normal" recommends would probably include Persona 5 and, depending on how you feel about From Software/action games, Bloodborne.

edit: if you want something smaller and also hard as nails, i think there's a darkest dungeon ps4 port, but I've never played the port version.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

One of the more frustrating things about the PS4 is that PS3 had a lot of really good PSN versions of PS2 games and barely any of them made the transition to PS4. Wild Arms 3 did, though, so that's one to pick up, but for Persona 3 (the last good Persona even if they did only put the base version on PSN (e: I'm mistaken, the PSN version is FES)) or Nocturne you're out of luck.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 8, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rip alex :(

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
thank you for the recommendations. did anyone ever play Greddfall, and if so, would you say “Greedfall is good”, like you were Gordon Gekko

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Deeply bummed about Alex Trebek

Same. I loved me some Jeopardy! when I could catch it. :smith: Last episode is on Christmas Day. Filmed just two days before Halloween.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Spiderdrake posted:

Zend or the new Legends thing?

Commander legends. I'm huge into Commander. I'm playing it with my friends right now.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Joint Security Area was some good poo poo

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Any Prog music fans here? Lately I've been listening to lots of live Yes (specifically the Yesssongs album), and all the records on streaming from Camel, who I just found out about and really dig. Anything anyone could recommend in that vein would be cool.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

King Crimson
Emerson Lake & Palmer
Gabriel-era Genesis
Eloy
Pink Floyd
Rush
Uriah Heep

Basically this whole playlist slaps: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX0uqkwkR49kK?si=UG9ZZTA1RK6IQRZTP7HZAg

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Eat My Fuc posted:

Any Prog music fans here? Lately I've been listening to lots of live Yes (specifically the Yesssongs album), and all the records on streaming from Camel, who I just found out about and really dig. Anything anyone could recommend in that vein would be cool.

Have you heard In the Land of Grey and Pink by Caravan? You might enjoy that record. There's also Soft Machine. And I dunno, King Crimson is an obvious recommendation but their original run has some great records like Red.

And then dig into "krautrock" (hate the term but that boat sailed before I was born) like Can and Neu! and Amon Düül II's Yeti

And then you stretch the definition of prog to breaking point and start delving to stuff like On Land and in the Sea by Cardiacs and other stuff from the more challenging end of post-punk (your no wave influenced stuff like Swans)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 9, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

King Crimson
Emerson Lake & Palmer
Gabriel-era Genesis
Eloy
Pink Floyd
Rush
Uriah Heep

Basically this whole playlist slaps: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX0uqkwkR49kK?si=UG9ZZTA1RK6IQRZTP7HZAg

Hell yea I love ELP, and a lot of these but Eloy, and Uriah Heep will be new to me.

forkboy84 posted:

Have you heard In the Land of Grey and Pink by Caravan? You might enjoy that record. There's also Soft Machine. And I dunno, King Crimson is an obvious recommendation but their original run has some great records like Red.

Caravan i'm unfamiliar with, i'll check it out. King Crimson owns I think Discipline is my favorite of theirs.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Have I told you about God's most perfect album, Jethro Tull's A Passion Play

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

NienNunb posted:

Have I told you about God's most perfect album, Jethro Tull's A Passion Play

I listened to Thick as a Brick recently so I think I'll need to give this a spin next

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

Gonna throw out slightly obscure ones.

Ever heard Flower Travelin' Band? Japanese psych/heavy prog band from the 60's/70s. Satori is their proggiest work, though I like Made in Japan the most, Heaven and Hell's a banger.

Van Der Graaf Generator is also a pretty good, as is Flyte's Dawn Dancer.

And then there are some early metal bands that edge around prog stuff like Faithful Breath, Saracen, Voltz, and my favorite band, Manilla Road (on their first two albums before they went full metal).

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 9, 2020

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Since this thread has great musical tastes, I'm in the mood for some trip-hop. Massive Attack and Portishead aside, what'cha got?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

These recs are awesome Dimebags thank you

CobiWann posted:

Since this thread has great musical tastes, I'm in the mood for some trip-hop. Massive Attack and Portishead aside, what'cha got?

Primal Scream's Screamadelica is a great album in that vein. The Orchids song "Peaches" kicks major rear end and the album it's from while more proto indie rock or something than trip hop "Unholy Soul" is very good and underrated, one of my favorite bands ever Disco Inferno (no relation to the wrestler lol) has a lot of trip hop style songs on their "5 EPs" album which is really, really good and ahead of it's time.

I also would suggest The Radio Dept.'s album "Clinging to a Scheme", especially the song "Heaven's on Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0FoVuUYh4w&ab_channel=BigSpoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Primal Scream's Screamadelica is a great album in that vein. The Orchids song "Peaches" kicks major rear end and the album it's from while more proto indie rock or something than trip hop "Unholy Soul" is very good and underrated, one of my favorite bands ever Disco Inferno (no relation to the wrestler lol) has a lot of trip hop style songs on their "5 EPs" album which is really, really good and ahead of it's time.

I also would suggest The Radio Dept.'s album "Clinging to a Scheme", especially the song "Heaven's on Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0FoVuUYh4w&ab_channel=BigSpoon

You had me at Primal Scream. :glomp: Thanks!