Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

First gold rose this morning, that was fast. Especially since I dug up and moved all the blacks yesterday prior to watering them.

Relatively decent turnip price from snot-pig as well, that probably means I'm going to bomb :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Been camping balloons for ages and not a single mushroom DIY :argh: It's my favourite set! I need a mushroom room!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Same! I camped out for balloons yesterday and still only manage to have found one drat fall diy.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Three types of wood.

Three types of tree.

You would think this would be obvious, but nooooo.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Wow thanks for this amazing Birthday message to Bam! Is that from you Spellman?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

track day bro! posted:

Wow thanks for this amazing Birthday message to Bam! Is that from you Spellman?

Yup, glad you like 🐸

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Well that turned out easier than I thought. Caught the sea pig on the first try. Thing spawned right where I was.

Now just need two more tarantulas to get a model made. And two tunas. But no rush on that.

I’m also chasing the mushroom DIYs. Missing so many.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Spellman posted:

Yup, glad you like 🐸

It's brilliant, Bam and also Pashmina are my og residents. Also they celebrated my birthday when the lockdown hit hard here and I was really sick at the time so I couldn't see anyone.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I like Bam almost as much as I like Lopez

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Poo Island is open on a rainy day and now has every single furniture set complete and out, just waiting for you to come and touch it all for your cataloging needs.

I have painstakingly organized the island and, for your convenience, made a Google Docs map key with every set's location.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11OYnY0X1kRaTXSF24jtZZ0pPwRFJn4TYUN6u-ksMNaU/edit?usp=sharing

Please drop items in the section they came from, thank you!

Have fun, take your time, say hi, leave a message on the bulletin board, and don't forget that the southern beaches are FULL of DIY recipe cards!

Dodo code in the PGS thread!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Here's a weird question: I let Tammi move out and she moved into the void, since I didn't find her a home. When I went on my Nook Island hunt for a new villager I found Tammi again, so she moved back into her same plot but in her real house instead of the DIY one. Is Tammi still in the void? If someone else picks up Tammi from me, will the Tammi with all the memories of living on my island move into their island, while I simultaneously have a Tammi of my own with new memories since her moment of return? How does that work? What is happening in my game?

Alternately, anyone with an empty plot who needs a peppy villager want to come and pick up a clone monkey from me and see what happens?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Reiley posted:

Here's a weird question: I let Tammi move out and she moved into the void, since I didn't find her a home. When I went on my Nook Island hunt for a new villager I found Tammi again, so she moved back into her same plot but in her real house instead of the DIY one. Is Tammi still in the void? If someone else picks up Tammi from me, will the Tammi with all the memories of living on my island move into their island, while I simultaneously have a Tammi of my own with new memories since her moment of return? How does that work? What is happening in my game?
I don't know the answer, but only because Philip K Dick died before Animal Crossing came out.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Reiley posted:

Alternately, anyone with an empty plot who needs a peppy villager want to come and pick up a clone monkey from me and see what happens?

It's a new mindwiped Tammi, so old Tammi is still voided and can be picked up. The game doesn't consider them to be the same iirc, same as if you found her again in six months time, once she's gone she's really gone. Like when you see one of your villagers on another person's island, they don't know you. Didn't that used to be different?

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

My SIL has found two villagers while NMT hopping, and they are villagers who have left MY island. They say stuff to her about how they both know me and what a kick it is, and when I visit her island, they are happy to see me. She's never gotten a villager from my island when they were in boxes.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I got Pietro off a goon a couple months ago, and it’s legitimately the sweetest thing in the world that whenever she visits, he asks her if she misses him and will talk to me all excited about her after she’s left :allears:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Coach sent me real art! A Glowing Painting! I already have one!

Anyone need a Glowing Painting for their museum? I also have a fake Gallant Statue for anyone who needs a sexy stone rear end to admire, and a fake Detailed Painting and fake Graceful Painting if anyone wants high-end imitation art for their kitchen/bathroom.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
I'm a returning player starting a fresh island. Is there a turnip exchange service where people aren't charging exorbitant prices to go and sell? turnip.exchange was so cool back in April and now so far, it's terrible.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Books On Tape posted:

I'm a returning player starting a fresh island. Is there a turnip exchange service where people aren't charging exorbitant prices to go and sell? turnip.exchange was so cool back in April and now so far, it's terrible.

Turnip.exchange calms down later in the week when most people have done their Monday/Tuesday trading. Last time I looked I saw 6-7 islands with prices at 400+, no entry fee & no queue.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Redd is in my town and has the Moody painting & Sinking painting, both of which I already have. Anybody who wants to come buy them send me a pm for my Dodo code.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Redd is in my town and has the Moody painting & Sinking painting, both of which I already have. Anybody who wants to come buy them send me a pm for my Dodo code.

I dont have PMs but I'd be interested in the Sinking Painting. You need anything for a trade?

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 9, 2020

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Hobo Clown posted:

I dont have PMs but I'd be interested in the Sinking Painting. You need anything for a trade?

Not unless you have extra Fall/Mushroom DIY’s, that would rule.

Edit: gate’s closed, for now

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 10, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Books On Tape posted:

Just join the discord here

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

What's the fastest way to get a 5 star Island? All Isabelle seems to be talking about is just planting more flowers.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

The Shame Boy posted:

What's the fastest way to get a 5 star Island? All Isabelle seems to be talking about is just planting more flowers.

Fences too

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I thought bridges and slopes also counted for quite a bit

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but iirc ratings are also based on the distribution across regions. If you open up your map, you'll see that your island is divided up into multiple square regions. Your score is based on the average score of those areas, so make sure all of them are full of decorations, fences, flowers, etc. Also, if you want to do something that causes a score penalty like having too many trees packed tightly together, make sure the area is divided between multiple square regions. That will lower the chances of getting penalized.

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer
The Discord channel as usual has a good guide for island rating posted in #resources.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The four Fs, forests, fences, furniture, flowers

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Paths also seem to be really important. I guess stars hate grass

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I worked really hard to get my first 5-star and then stopped caring, left garbage & weeds everywhere, and my rating dropped.

But eventually enough rainstorms left my flower growth unchecked until they covered pretty much every part of the island and now no matter what I do I'm 5 star all the time, lily of the valley for days

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i've only gotten half each of the mushroom and nature's bounty recipes, how the gently caress is the game giving me a fuckin second mushroom wand recipe from a balloon, gently caress you

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i've only gotten half each of the mushroom and nature's bounty recipes, how the gently caress is the game giving me a fuckin second mushroom wand recipe from a balloon, gently caress you

I’ll take it!!!

Edit: I’ve gotten two mushroom wreath recipes from balloons, because the game clearly hates me

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

I will gladly take that extra mush wand recipe if you still have it. I still only have two loving mushroom recipes (wreath and wallpaper) even after camping out for hours to catch balloons.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

sorry i was looking at my inventory as i typed that and typed wand because i was looking at one. it's actually a second mushroom umbrella recipe. if either of you need that lemme know.

e: i also literally just now shot a second pile of leaves diy recipe out of the sky if anyone needs that as well.

e2: mush umbrella has been claimed, pile of leaves still available

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 10, 2020

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’ll take it!!!

Edit: I’ve gotten two mushroom wreath recipes from balloons, because the game clearly hates me

Did Isabelle give you the recipe on the 1st? Because mine sure as hell didn't (due to it being my birthday) and she still hasn't despite numbers of days when she could have.

So yeah I had one extra Mushroom DIY to hunt down because Isabelle is too lazy to bother.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Zuzie posted:

Did Isabelle give you the recipe on the 1st? Because mine sure as hell didn't (due to it being my birthday) and she still hasn't despite numbers of days when she could have.

So yeah I had one extra Mushroom DIY to hunt down because Isabelle is too lazy to bother.

Yeah we were talking about this on Discord yesterday I think?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

this mother FUCKER redd doesn't show up to my island for three goddamn weeks and now his fuckin rear end finally pulls up and all four of his artworks are FUCKIN FAKES

and the worst part is that the last time he was here THEY WERE ALL FUCKIN FAKES THAT TIME TOO

i'm gonna drink a gallon of prune juice, take my pants off and poo poo all over this mother fucker's stupid fuckin boat

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

this mother FUCKER redd doesn't show up to my island for three goddamn weeks and now his fuckin rear end finally pulls up and all four of his artworks are FUCKIN FAKES

and the worst part is that the last time he was here THEY WERE ALL FUCKIN FAKES THAT TIME TOO

i'm gonna drink a gallon of prune juice, take my pants off and poo poo all over this mother fucker's stupid fuckin boat

That is... quite the escalation :captainpop:

That said, I hear you. At some point I need to hack my save to rename my island from Skyhold to 'Fake-monument Valley'.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

If you got a fake mystic statue or a fake warrior statue, I'd like to buy them!
e: you should absolutely shitboat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I've got Bianca in boxes today! She is a peppy snow leopard, though she calls herself a tiger. She is great and would love to take you through guided tours of your museums.

I'll be around most of the day so just hit me up and I can send a Dodo Code.