Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Infinity Gaia posted:

Speaking of Synergism, when should I start considering messing with Corruption/Trying for C11? I've been in a holding pattern of ascensions the past few days and I've now almost got them to a point where I can do them in one sitting without having to leave the game idle for a bit. About 20k cube blessings total, first row (except last thing) of cube upgrades filled out + the building power upgrade in second row.

Don't bother with corruptions until you can fully automate ascension and challenges and have been doing so for a while.

Sage Grimm posted:

Alright, how do I proceed in Synergism? C11 and C12 are fully completed, C13/C14 are both stuck on that massive gulf that splits 17 and 18 completions. Nowhere near C15 ready, feels like.
Cube upgrades are filled out and 91 levels in the last one. ~280k hypercubes, 5.35m Tesseracts, 209.5b Cubes "opened". 1.11e14 Blessings, 11m Spirits. All red research taken except for the last two.

No one is C15 ready. It's impossible to complete. You also most likely won't be able to get above 17 completions in C13. C14 can eventually be maxed out.

Don't bother putting levels into w5x10 until you max out research 8x25. Your next goal is optimizing your corruptions, doing long runs for lots of cubes, and continuing to push up your blessings/spirits by doing offering runs.

For corruption optimization, your goal should be to:

- Start with a base of 0/0/4/1/0/4/11/5/11
- Push up drought until you can't maintain 2500 base levels of SI, then bring it down one level
- Slowly push up scientific illiteracy and spatial dilation (1 SI 4 SD -> 1 SI 5 SD -> 2 SI 4 SD, etc).
- Slowly push up Divisiveness, Maladaptation, and Hyperchallenged.

You'll be doing longer runs. It's okay if it takes a few hours to fully unlock researches and whatnot. As long as you're picking up 8x14 (early on) or 8x19 (eventually), that's fine.

For offering runs, start with 11/11/0/11/0/11/11/0/11. Get as many challenges done as you can. Turn off ant sacrifice. Let ants build up for a while (an hour or two). Cleanse corruptions. Get challenge completions as high as you can. Invest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Infinity Gaia posted:

It's a real nuisance and basically requires you to get the instant challenge completer in the shop.

Speaking of Synergism, when should I start considering messing with Corruption/Trying for C11? I've been in a holding pattern of ascensions the past few days and I've now almost got them to a point where I can do them in one sitting without having to leave the game idle for a bit. About 20k cube blessings total, first row (except last thing) of cube upgrades filled out + the building power upgrade in second row.

20k was when I did it. took a day or two, then I did a run for autochallenge and saved for auto ascend. that was about a week ago and now I have e12 cube blessings and 30/30/17/17 on ascension challenges so you're close to being able to actually play the content

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
is there a way to make auto research in Synergism research without me choosing what to research or do I have to buy an upgrade for that

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Saraiguma posted:

is there a way to make auto research in Synergism research without me choosing what to research or do I have to buy an upgrade for that

It's an upgrade you gotta get, yeah.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Okay I decided to pick up NGU again after not playing since...June 2019. Unfortunately, it looks like offline progress caps at 365 days, so shame on me I guess.

Looks like I've killed up through the Beast, I don't have grease. I now have a year's worth of EXP and AP and PP that I don't want to gently caress up. I don't think I've done any Evil stuff yet (I think I was on the cusp?), and I haven't unlocked Resource 3 yet (I think that was in development or just came out-ish around the last time I was playing).

A couple questions:
1) Anything I should definitely NOT do? I imagine I can buy some really stupid things with those resources I just got.
2) Anything I should definitely do ASAP? There's probably something good that I can do while on a 366 day Rebirth?

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
I have something similar coming up, I'll probably be lazy and put all of it towards adventure power, try to become a real glass canon.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Pope Guilty posted:

Portals are the Trimps prestige mechanic, right?

Yep! But if a challenge is kicking your but don't be afraid of canceling out of it before 20. Tip: Looting also boosts helium income.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

So, uhhh, was it a mistake that I just insta-picked Destiny of Struggle in Another Chronicle as soon as it was available and did the reincarnation? My understanding is that some amount of automation opens up at this point but I don't see how you spend Sin.

I see you keep some stuff like skills, should I do a different school this time, either Magic or Tamer, since I already have the excellent Sharp Spike skill from the first runthrough?

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
There should be some new stuff in the Astral World that costs sin points, Sloth is the automation unlock.

School choice is up to you, you could go Warrior again for the alternate title you didn't get the first time through (Soldier or Mercenary) or Tamer to get slightly better skills for party members that can't sharp spike.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

The new thing isn't Astral, it's Akashic Record, and it's requiring that I clear "Awakening of Greed" and "Awakening of Sloth". There's no sin upgrades in Astral, but there is a Guardian fight and one new Inspiration upgrade.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

KazigluBey posted:

The new thing isn't Astral, it's Akashic Record, and it's requiring that I clear "Awakening of Greed" and "Awakening of Sloth". There's no sin upgrades in Astral, but there is a Guardian fight and one new Inspiration upgrade.

Can you click the box in Akashic Record to spend 1 sin to awaken Sloth, that's how it used to work

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

dipple posted:

Can you click the box in Akashic Record to spend 1 sin to awaken Sloth, that's how it used to work

Nothing clickable in Akashic Record

Only new clickable in Astral is The Destroyer, no new notable upgrades

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

KazigluBey posted:

Nothing clickable in Akashic Record

Only new clickable in Astral is The Destroyer, no new notable upgrades

That kinda seems like you've got no sin to spend, when you mashed reincarnate it did say something like you've earned 1-2 sin right?
Your current sin should be listed down at the bottom by food and guild points.

The Astral World Guardian is a recent addition so beating it might be required now I guess but I'm kinda stumped.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

dipple posted:

That kinda seems like you've got no sin to spend, when you mashed reincarnate it did say something like you've earned 1-2 sin right?
Your current sin should be listed down at the bottom by food and guild points.

The Astral World Guardian is a recent addition so beating it might be required now I guess but I'm kinda stumped.

I have 2 sin, it's factored into some stuff since it also provides like 10% Inspiration per.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Have you tried refreshing the page? Otherwise I have no idea why it wouldn't be showing the upgrades. Sidenote: I would have suggested you farm significantly more Inspiration unlocks before hitting the button. The auto-level slot is especially helpful for idling and you'll want a second shortcut slot for when you get sloth working.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
The only other thing I can think of is maybe one of the two demon king conversations after beating them once is what changes ??? to Gluttony, which is required to also access the rest of the Akashic upgrades. I don't blame you for missing it, though, actual useful information for this particular game is horrifically sparse even on their discord.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

loving lmao if that's the issue, just a couple of minutes of extra content past the point the game says you can Rez.

This really blows.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

KazigluBey posted:

loving lmao if that's the issue, just a couple of minutes of extra content past the point the game says you can Rez.

This really blows.

The weird thing is, the automation tool is surprisingly hard to make useful without more shortcut slots? How it works is it allows you to automatically click a shortcut slot button after x many seconds, but if you only have one or two you can only use it to meaningfully automate so much. You can make intermediate parts of useful things (wooden statues) but rarely fully completed quest turn-ins (Goddess statues) until you have a shitton of gems to get more shortcut slots, which seems to be a pretty slow grind sadly.

I have no idea what point specifically opened up my options in the Akashic upgrades, I was getting a lot of unlocks at that point in my first run.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
3e9 cubes/sec
Nearly done with w5x10
Bought everything in the stores
All challenges except C13 maxed

Did i beat Synergism? What else is there to do now? I do not care about achievements unless they give me progress boost.
Is there more content coming?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

For anyone who liked Idle Skilling, Lavaflame released a new game today called Legends of Idleon.

I haven't played very much of it, but from what I understand it's meant to be a mix of idle games and mmos, in a sense. You create a bunch of characters with different classes and talents, and the characters you're not currently playing will idle, gathering resources or fighting or whatever. So you're incentivised to create a bunch of specialized characters, who are good at mining, smithing, alchemy, etc.

It seems pretty fun so far. Also very clear that he's strongly inspired by Maplestory; the interface looks very similar, the stats are exactly the same, and the maps are a very similar style of "floating platforms connected by ropes".

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

"Play on the Web
Coming Soon"

:(

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

KazigluBey posted:

"Play on the Web
Coming Soon"

:(

No iOS support either, unless he added it since last I checked in.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ineptitude posted:

3e9 cubes/sec
Nearly done with w5x10
Bought everything in the stores
All challenges except C13 maxed

Did i beat Synergism? What else is there to do now? I do not care about achievements unless they give me progress boost.
Is there more content coming?
More content is coming soonish (the next update has upgrades that spend the Plat cubes that you get when you're over 1,337,000,000,000 points or whatever) but you're done for now (though with only 3e9 cubes per sec your blessings/spirits are likely low cause I'm at 5.8e9 cubes/sec with only 68k w5x10).

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, right now it's unfortunately only on Android. From looking at his posts on the discord I think web should be coming relatively soon; he at least had some testable web builds in the public alpha. No info on iOS though.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Arzaac posted:

Yeah, right now it's unfortunately only on Android. From looking at his posts on the discord I think web should be coming relatively soon; he at least had some testable web builds in the public alpha. No info on iOS though.

Discord is saying PC release in a couple of days, iOS in December. The game and saves are cross-platform though, so you can start on PC and move it over to iOS when that comes out, or google play>PC, etc.

I really liked Idle Skilling until he accidentally broke progression with a pets upgrade, so I'm looking forward to this. It's not in Flashh either, so double-bonus.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

frankenbeans posted:

Discord is saying PC release in a couple of days, iOS in December. The game and saves are cross-platform though, so you can start on PC and move it over to iOS when that comes out, or google play>PC, etc.

I really liked Idle Skilling until he accidentally broke progression with a pets upgrade, so I'm looking forward to this. It's not in Flashh either, so double-bonus.

Is the PC release Steam or Browser?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

is that idle marble game on android yet

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Manyorcas posted:

The weird thing is, the automation tool is surprisingly hard to make useful without more shortcut slots?

yeah, sloth is pretty garbage. greed is extremely good though, despite it only using the first zone's research so far.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Arzaac posted:

For anyone who liked Idle Skilling, Lavaflame released a new game today called Legends of Idleon.

Oh hell yeah, IS consumed my freetime for a couple months a while back but ran out of stuff to do so I fell off. Looking forward to checking this out.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I heard there's a discord for Another Chronicle somewhere? If so I'd appreciate an invite link. edit: I'm dumb and found it myself in the Kong description, just about the last place I looked.

Just had my first reincarnation, the second time around seems a lot faster.

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 10, 2020

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

frankenbeans posted:

Anyone gotten a chance to check this out? I'm really interested in it and don't have an Android device, so I was wondering if it would be worth setting up BlueStacks or just waiting for the web version.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Aerox posted:

Anyone gotten a chance to check this out? I'm really interested in it and don't have an Android device, so I was wondering if it would be worth setting up BlueStacks or just waiting for the web version.

I'm very early on but it's.. weird. I somehow missed the part about it being an actual "MMO" so there's other people running around too that you might see. It's got far less of an idler feel, like you go to a town center where you get quests, then go kill 8 slimes or whatever to bring back their slime goo. Combat is just tapping on a thing once to attack it until it's dead but there's an auto button to idle in that zone. Like I said I'm still super early and maybe it'll change, but right now I'm not feeling it.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
It's like a side scroller and an idle game had a baby, and it's ugly as hell. There isn't any decent indication of progress as you're taking an action (unless you're killing things and watching hp bars drop), the best you get is watching your XP bar go up over time on the lower left corner. The touch positioning feels really off and wrong also but that may just be me or my phone I tried it on. There is a lot that actually feels really wrong about it, but i'm not sure if it's me making mistakes or the game. For example, I set my character to mining ore and came back after half an hour to have nothing waiting for me to pickup. Did something happen to cause my character to stop mining? Do items disappear if not claimed after a certain time? Did I somehow knock my character off the ore action without really moving him and thus the half hour was just idling in game? No clue.

AotC
May 16, 2010

nessin posted:

It's like a side scroller and an idle game had a baby, and it's ugly as hell.

This about sums it up. It's not very fun or interesting right now. Kind of a shame, the mmo idler idea seems nifty.

Edit: Hah, there's a 10 minute res timer if your guy dies (seems to happen often with idle attack)

AotC fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Nov 10, 2020

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Klungar posted:

Is the PC release Steam or Browser?

Browser, at https://www.legendsofidleon.com/

Aerox posted:

I was thinking of doing the same, but it's only a couple of days.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

AotC posted:

This about sums it up. It's not very fun or interesting right now. Kind of a shame, the mmo idler idea seems nifty.

Edit: Hah, there's a 10 minute res timer if your guy dies (seems to happen often with idle attack)

isn't an idle mmo IOURPG or Ulala Idle Adventure?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Arzaac posted:

I haven't played very much of it, but from what I understand it's meant to be a mix of idle games and mmos, in a sense. You create a bunch of characters with different classes and talents, and the characters you're not currently playing will idle, gathering resources or fighting or whatever. So you're incentivised to create a bunch of specialized characters, who are good at mining, smithing, alchemy, etc.

It seems pretty fun so far. Also very clear that he's strongly inspired by Maplestory; the interface looks very similar, the stats are exactly the same, and the maps are a very similar style of "floating platforms connected by ropes".

I played a little in the alpha., and was going to pick it up when it released fully on PC. It's a pretty interesting mix of trying to actively put your people in places to idle efficiently. Some of it felt janky when playing it though and based on the prior posts it hasn't really fixed that. It'll probably be like IS - flawed but fun if you really get into its' particular groove.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

AotC posted:

As a fan of Idle Skilling, I'm struggling to get into it after a couple hours. Active play is barely existent and is mind numbing as hell. You have to make permanent decisions about class, stats, and talents, before you know what anything really means (with no guides or wikis to help at the moment). Idle play appears undersupported since items drop on the ground, and have to be picked up manually every five minutes or less (and I strongly dislike leaving phone/tablet games open and idle). Offline seems fine conceptually except that inventory limits severely limit the effectiveness of several offline activities, like mining and logging. Game seems designed around creating multiple characters, but each new character has to do the same quests again.

To add to that, all the talents are 100 point investments, with most individual points giving a percent or less of benefit to a stat. Doesn't make me look forward to progression much less experimentation.

Unponderable fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 10, 2020

AotC
May 16, 2010

Unponderable posted:

Idle play appears undersupported since items drop on the ground, and have to be picked up manually every five minutes or less (and I strongly dislike leaving phone/tablet games open and idle).

Huh so that's why I have no copper after afking half an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Yeah I'm a huge fan of idle skilling and this new game is not fun. Inventory management is painful, it's impossible to tell how effective any choices or upgrades are, and it's a huge pain to navigate to any areas you want to visit.

Quests are given in the worst way, they're almost always either way beyond your current depth or totally trivial when you get them. The point of an mmo is that it's multiplayer, but if there's no interaction between players it's just bad runescape with no economy. I get what he was going for but it's like all the levers are flipped in the wrong direction.