Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

But yeah, Stan's not making it to the end of the show and it will almost certainly be by Homelander's hands.

Maybe Homelander will laser off half his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gynovore posted:

Maybe Homelander will laser off half his face.

:haw:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I really do hope that the final season, whichever one that ends up being, has Homelander going full Irredeemable and everyone else on the show having to team up to take him down.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Elephant Ambush posted:

I really do hope that the final season, whichever one that ends up being, has Homelander going full Irredeemable and everyone else on the show having to team up to take him down.

Have him go full irredeemable?? He hasn't??

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Alec Eiffel posted:

Uhhh no? Have you read Irredeemable?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alec Eiffel posted:

"Irredeemable" as in the comic Irredeemable, in which the Superman-esque main character snaps and starts committing mass murder

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, yeah, all I want is a season of King Homelander's Planet

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Romes128 posted:

Uhh maybe don’t cosplay as the literal nazi character.

the subreddit became literally unreadable because of this, lmao

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would consider “raping a woman and forcing her to carry the baby to term and then spend the rest of your life in a militarized Twilight Zone hellhole while I fly around literally sawing planes in half with my mind and loving Nazis” is irredeemable, in that I would not want to redeem Homelander after hearing about those crimes!

Taintrunner posted:

the subreddit became literally unreadable because of this, lmao

This is so funny to me because Antony Starr was retweeting this story about how some guy dressed as Homelander for Halloween ran into a burning building to save a kid from being killed and everyone was like “wow a real hero... wait who is Homelander?”

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

T-man posted:

same reason he (S2 ending) didn't murder the boys and mavue: everything he has is the image of Being Homelander, the CEO showing up lasered one day ends it

And you can't really bully someone without any fear of you. Either Stan is just ice cold or he has something up his sleeve should Homelander get out of hand, either he was Stan didn't flinch and in fact scolded Himelander that really unsettled him.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I would consider “raping a woman and forcing her to carry the baby to term and then spend the rest of your life in a militarized Twilight Zone hellhole while I fly around literally sawing planes in half with my mind and loving Nazis” is irredeemable, in that I would not want to redeem Homelander after hearing about those crimes!

To be fair, Vought is the one that had her bring the baby to term and then cooped her up in that facility. So Homelander is only a nazi-loving serial killer rapist.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

It's interesting that even though the show ratchets back a lot of the ridiculous Ennis poo poo they actually made Homelander worse on the show because in the comic he didn't actually rape Butcher's wife. Though maybe it balances out with only The Deep raping Starlight since in the comic A-Train and Homelander join in.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

This is so funny to me because Antony Starr was retweeting this story about how some guy dressed as Homelander for Halloween ran into a burning building to save a kid from being killed and everyone was like “wow a real hero... wait who is Homelander?”

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lol you idiots think I'm reading comics?? The Boys was recommended to me by a child who skateboards and plays Fortnite.

Also this show went from pushing conservatism (a two-parent household produces better children; a child raised without at least a mother is destined for perversion) to a a neoliberal wet dream (two men raise a differently abled child)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I wouldn't call anyone else an idiot after that take

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Alec Eiffel posted:

Lol you idiots think I'm reading comics?? The Boys was recommended to me by a child who skateboards and plays Fortnite.

Also this show went from pushing conservatism (a two-parent household produces better children; a child raised without at least a mother is destined for perversion) to a a neoliberal wet dream (two men raise a differently abled child)

Your brain sounds a little online poisoned friend, it's just a tv show

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Another Bill posted:

Your brain sounds a little online poisoned friend, it's just a tv show

Yeah no doubt

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

it was all liberalism all along

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Men in paternal roles? That's a neoliberalism

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Who are the two men raising the kid? I think there's gonna be an entire department raising lil homie, but at worst it'll be Mallory.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Who are the two men raising the kid? I think there's gonna be an entire department raising lil homie, but at worst it'll be Mallory.
Butcher and Mother's Milk are both Hughie's dads now

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I thought with the end of s2 Hughie was off being an adult and banging a superhero and working on the campaign. Didn't think of it as a my two days situation.

The differently abled part threw me cause as far as I know Hughie is just a normal dude.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Elephant Ambush posted:

:same:

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Butcher and Homelander are dual raising Ryan. Or will be.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Alec Eiffel posted:

How do you figure?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

How do you figure?

Because season three is turning into a comedy show in front of a live studio audience

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
What an idiot.

Causing your enemies to get so triggered their heads explode is a right-wing dream geez.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I wonder if Neuman could explode Homelander's head. So far the implication has been that even if everyone teamed up against him his powers are so immense they couldn't even come close, but if she could pulp his brain without even breaking the skin she could be the only person who could get him

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

She cannot. The whole point of Homelander is he's stronger than everyone else.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Should’ve been a tip off that the person who casually, almost jokingly refers to her chief of staff’s brain matter being everywhere wasn’t on the up-and-up

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Butcher and Homelander sharing joint custody of Ryan would probably be my favorite TV storyline in years. Or it would totally suck rear end

multijoe posted:

I wonder if Neuman could explode Homelander's head. So far the implication has been that even if everyone teamed up against him his powers are so immense they couldn't even come close, but if she could pulp his brain without even breaking the skin she could be the only person who could get him

I imagined that Edgar had access to a counter for each superhero, whether it's another supe that can kill them, bomb implants, hypno-imprinting, etc...even if Homelander doesn't know exactly what Voight would do to stop him, I can only imagine he would try to avoid that.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

could homelander survive a nuke?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Cage Kicker posted:

Butcher and Homelander sharing joint custody of Ryan would probably be my favorite TV storyline in years. Or it would totally suck rear end

I imagined that Edgar had access to a counter for each superhero, whether it's another supe that can kill them, bomb implants, hypno-imprinting, etc...even if Homelander doesn't know exactly what Voight would do to stop him, I can only imagine he would try to avoid that.

Homelander knows exactly what Vought would do- they would paint him as a villain.

That's why he wouldn't kill Edgar.

Above all else Homelander wants to be loved, adored, not feared- he wants to be seen as the good guy.

Vought provides him with all that. The videotaped PR bad guys he gets to bring in, the good press on Vought News Network, the PR teams erasing any bad press before it can get out.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's interesting that even though the show ratchets back a lot of the ridiculous Ennis poo poo they actually made Homelander worse on the show because in the comic he didn't actually rape Butcher's wife. Though maybe it balances out with only The Deep raping Starlight since in the comic A-Train and Homelander join in.

There's no chance the showrunners will go with a "it wasn't actually rape, she lied because reasons" dodge in the future, is there?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

GD_American posted:

There's no chance the showrunners will go with a "it wasn't actually rape, she lied because reasons" dodge in the future, is there?

Kripke would literally have to get a personality-changing brain injury to do that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GD_American posted:

No because what McSpanky said and also the reason he didn't rape her in the comic is that someone else did and Butcher thought it was Homelander.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Homelander knows exactly what Vought would do- they would paint him as a villain.

That's why he wouldn't kill Edgar.

Above all else Homelander wants to be loved, adored, not feared- he wants to be seen as the good guy.

Vought provides him with all that. The videotaped PR bad guys he gets to bring in, the good press on Vought News Network, the PR teams erasing any bad press before it can get out.

Yeah that's more or less what I was trying to say in a poorly worded way, Homelander has undoubtedly seen multiple supes go down due to Vought and he believes fully they could do him too

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

multijoe posted:

Reading this right after the comment about The Boys turning into a sitcom made me think you were asking if Wayne Knight could give Homelander a stroke just by being creepy enough.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Alec Eiffel posted:

You. Can. Count. On. Me.
No matter what you do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

S3 seems like a "Homelander starts to genocide" season