Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Captain Hygiene posted:

I will never look up what "simp" means and nobody can make me

you would have to be pretty simple to not to be able to figure it out for yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Seriously
Impressed
(by)
My
Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaFdUkf8Hik

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Hygiene posted:

It stands for sexy imp

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Splicer posted:

It stands for sexy imp

I would've guessed "space imp", but in retrospect that would obviously be "spimp".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Simp is short for Stivenson.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Captain Hygiene posted:

ur a sjw cuck lol

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Captain Hygiene posted:

New Simpsons, after it started sucking

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

*Youth pastor unzips cool leather jacket revealing novelty t-shirt that reads "I simp for Jesus" before turning his chair around to sit on it backwards.*

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:jewish: "I like the cut of your jib"

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It used to be short for simpleton.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
oh my god the last panel slays me

I have no clue where they're going with this but I'm here for it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait did Gamer Dilbert end?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wait did Gamer Dilbert end?

PT 3 is someday

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ikanreed posted:

PT 3 is someday

Ah OK, I thought I'd missed something.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
They've hinted that Gamer Dilbert part 3 is gonna be a Christmas story

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Can't wait for Gamers Hitmen for Destiny Get Trolled.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

:tipshat: to BiggerJ over in Weird/Awesome Fanart for introducing me to Haircut Practice

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

What you don't like web-screeds with ancillary doodles?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

LifeSunDeath posted:

aka a web forum

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

LifeSunDeath posted:

Shame because Haircut Practice started out pretty good. But then yeah just four panels of boring rear end words

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

rodbeard posted:

*Youth pastor unzips

up to this point i was expecting something a bit different than what i got

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

???

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A very... involved fetish

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In case anyone was actually wondering what is going on in that image, it is from Judge Dredd where being a "simp" is a subculture in Megacity One where a person dresses and acts like an idiot.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I'm confused now.

I thought "simp" meant to pay a pretty girl over the internet in the hopes that she will like you in real life more than the other people who also pay her over the internet.

But that dapper fellow in the kayak with the rollerskates would have me believe different.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Simp had a meaning before it's new meaning. I'm not sure of the new etymology.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Simp has a lot of different definitions, but strangely there's a lot of overlap between them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I mean, the original meaning was obvious but as a great philosopher once said, verbing weirds language.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
I too, like to go to the Alcohol Store and purchase one (1) bottle of flavoured vodka malt beverage??

I was trying to find out why it's malt-based in the US and vodka elsewhere, found this on the "Icing (game)" wiki:

quote:

In the UK the trend has been criticised by some due to the low alcohol content of Smirnoff Ice. The online media outlet LAD BIBLE described the trend as "Neither exciting (nor) impressive to those accustomed to Britain's drinking culture" and other readers described the beverage as a "children's drink".[9]

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Goddamn I hate viral markering campaigns. Almost as much as I hate getting iced by my bros.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PancakeTransmission posted:

I too, like to go to the Alcohol Store and purchase one (1) bottle of flavoured vodka malt beverage??

I was trying to find out why it's malt-based in the US and vodka elsewhere, found this on the "Icing (game)" wiki:

I'm pretty sure drinks like Smirnoff Ice were invented to appeal to teenagers, so "children's drink" is an apt descriptor.

It's probably malt based do to weird liquor laws in various places in the US. For instance, up until a decade or so ago in Washington State you could only buy beer or wine in normal stores, for hard alcohol you had to go to a state run liquor store that closed mostly at 5 pm and wasn't open on Sundays.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 07:22 on Nov 10, 2020

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
That’s how it is in a lot of states. Liquor only in special liquor stores, and malt liquor/beer/wine available at grocery stores and gas stations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Smirnoff is good for, like, chilling by the lake and drinking some flavored alcohol. Also for icing your bros. Just watching your bro get to his knees and really putting that mouth to work.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

In Canada I heard it was because you weren't allowed to fortify non-beer beverages with malt liquor

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I'm pretty sure drinks like Smirnoff Ice were invented to appeal to teenagers, so "children's drink" is an apt descriptor.

Yeah generally they get call Alchopops here, I think the trend really started with Hooch that was like barely alcoholic lemonade, like lager strength. Then all the big brands got in on it with Breezers and Ice etc but they got into trouble with the ASA so they had to market it them like young women love a breezer and dudes are always icing each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010