Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Any sign of a Shadowkeep sale? Part of me kiiinda wants to do that campaign before Beyond Light; as is I'm going to end up doing Shadowkeep after that, which even by the paracausality-infested standards of THIS game is a little backwards :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

this stuff is so good... it's a shame it never feels like the game itself lives up to it :v:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

Any sign of a Shadowkeep sale? Part of me kiiinda wants to do that campaign before Beyond Light; as is I'm going to end up doing Shadowkeep after that, which even by the paracausality-infested standards of THIS game is a little backwards :v:

There should be a steam sale in the next few weeks. Bungie likes to take part in those. (a quick google puts it at Nov 22nd).

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Count Bleck posted:

Vault, cleaned.
Inventory, empty.
Bounty Log, full.
Snowshoes, on.

Let's go boys.

Wait, can we recycle our entire vault worry free before the update today? Just to get shards, correct?

Orv
May 4, 2011

slow_twitch posted:

Wait, can we recycle our entire vault worry free before the update today? Just to get shards, correct?

If it's got a max power of 1060 you can trash it unless you want the perks for non-competitive crucible. If it's armor you're holding for transmog appearances you can trash it now regardless.

If it's got a max power of 1360(?) then it'll remain useable in PvE or competitive crucible for the next year.

Some stuff, I think Dawn weapons/armor, might be reading as 1260 which will become infeasible during the fourth season this coming year and whether you want to trash that now or use it for the next nine months is up to you.

E: Oh and exotics will just always have the max possible power cap so keep those and upgrade them if you'd rather not spend the pull mats.

Orv fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 9, 2020

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Orv posted:

If it's got a max power of 1060 you can trash it unless you want the perks for non-competitive crucible. If it's armor you're holding for transmog appearances you can trash it now regardless.

fwiw, for DIM you can search

-is:wishlist powerlimit:1060

to show these items. unfortunately no way to only show items that are on the pvp wishlist but eh

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Orv posted:

God no that's all my items but 3, I have 200 in the vault

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

CottonWolf posted:

I'm sure Calus will be back, and we will be able to pledge undying loyalty to him, as he deserves.

Last I checked Nessas the Leviathan is currently performing its best impression of Unicron on the planet. Also is the Leviathan "THE LEVIATHAN" that the Krill encounter on their way down to the worms? Drifter refers to it as a big fish.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Server is at max capacity already :smith:.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Please join Serious Overchill so that you may post Smooth Drifter and upset the locals. Also we're fun to play with.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ben Smash posted:

Please join Serious Overchill so that you may post Smooth Drifter and upset the locals. Also we're fun to play with.

If that's the PC clan I'd be happy to join

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Is there a Goon clan for PC?

Edit: ugh, keeps saying server is down

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

There's like eight of them spread across a few servers. This information is in the OP as it happens!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Psycho Landlord posted:

There's like eight of them spread across a few servers. This information is in the OP as it happens!

Eight clans? poo poo, that's a lot of Goons.

(I know they are probably not all at max, but still)

I know it's 3 hours until the event, but it would be nice to get in :smith:

Edit: Somehow I missed the quick patch... hopefully it will let me in now.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Destiny clans are stupid and have a 100 person member limit is what it is

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm in, the actual event is supposed to be like 10PM EST. There's kind of a glow on the one side of the Traveler and other people say the same, theory is the Traveler will heal

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
Btw, the 90mb patch was to fix the Seasons tab from blinking.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Roman posted:

I'm in, the actual event is supposed to be like 10PM EST. There's kind of a glow on the one side of the Traveler and other people say the same, theory is the Traveler will heal

I got in super early too. I have a feeling the servers are going to explode.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roman posted:

That seems like something to not have as a mini server event

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

If that's the PC clan I'd be happy to join

Mesadoram posted:

Is there a Goon clan for PC?

Yes and yes! Serious Overchill hosts 4+ active clans at any time. Most of us are PC, some are console. Come check us out! Discord.gg/srsoc.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So the last live event they did was supposed to be a test of their capabilities to hold live events... and it appears to have not even helped them prepare for a mini live event. Crossing my fingers (for their and our sake) that this is just post-patch glut and it clears up an hour before the event starts.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 10, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ben Smash posted:

Yes and yes! Serious Overchill hosts 4+ active clans at any time. Most of us are PC, some are console. Come check us out! Discord.gg/srsoc.

Yeehaw

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

had to quit the game for unrelated reasons, in queue now at 9967, so that's what you can expect

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Took some advise and got my fashion in order in prep for any cutscenes that might happen after launch.

I am a big fan of the "Indigo Matrix" and "Dawn and Dusk" shaders. (Calus' selected is also very good and was 100% worth doing leviathan for)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My place in the queue went from 7000 to 7300

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
This game is so pretty.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Hype seems pretty nuts.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

got through the queue and was immediately kicked back to login, to find the queue has made it up to 5 digits :eyepop:

i'm good watching a stream, i think. been having intermittent internet problems with the wifi in this new pc (probably gotta buy a dongle even though i paid extra for onboard wifi, ugh), so would likely get kicked out anyways

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anno posted:

Hype seems pretty nuts.

Luke Smith: "this game is so bad! we keep trying to make people stop playing by making stupid and poorly thought out nerfs, and they keep throwing money at their televisions! how can we get it into their skulls??"

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Banshee's Apartment is a good spot to sit and watch the skybox do stuff.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Best skyboxes in games.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

CottonWolf posted:

Best skyboxes in games.

For real man. Not many games now-a-days has me just stopping and starring at the environment like this one.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's going to wake up just in time for the Darkness to own it again

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RBA Starblade posted:

It's going to wake up just in time for the Darkness to own it again

Darkness called...

But I was on the phone so I missed him.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Mesadoram posted:

Darkness called...

But I was on the phone so I missed him.

I tried to star six nine darkness... but he didn't answer.

Darkness must have been screening his calls.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Destiny 2 is a game about staring at balls

EDIT Mission in the tower go go go

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 10, 2020

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
New mission at tower.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

the queue is gone but the chicken errors are not :(

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Doji Sekushi posted:

New mission at tower.

I don't see it. Who is giving it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

the servers... they weep