Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Cross posting this screenshot from the Schadenfreude thread to say that Santorum and the rest of the gop can eat my bloody period-shits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

showbiz_liz posted:

I never even know how to answer "so when did your last period start/end"... you mean when did I start getting brown discharge, or when did I start cramping, or when did I start seeing actual red blood, and then the same in reverse.

Starting is the first day of actual bleeding, not spotting or brown discharge. Ending is I assume the same in reverse, but a bit trickier to tell ime.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I give em whatever week I took iron tablets whether I actually bled or not

Also in today's reproductive stupidity: experienced gas pains while driving to work, convinced myself it was an ectopic pregnancy and that I was going to die

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

AITA for embarrassing my fiance in front of his Mom and Sister?

quote:

My fiance, Green (27M) and I (24F) have known each other since High school. I love him so much but he does of a tendency to Mansplain things he doesn't fully understand. Places have opened up in my area and so we went to dinner with his mother, Purple, and his sister, Pink. (14F)

We were talking at dinner when Pink started complaining how horrible her period has been and can't predict it whatsoever when it comes. She asked if i had issues with it too. Purple chimed in that irregular periods can be pretty normal. I agreed but said that if she's really concerned she could see a doctor.

This is when Green pops in suggesting his sister start taking birth control, as it helped regulate mine. I had to remind him that i had my period twice a month in high school and it was necessary. Purple also brings up she's not comfortable giving Pink birth control yet and would rather try to wait until 16 or 17. They go back and forth with Green trying to explain how he knows its best for her and is getting slightly louder in the restaurant (He's naturally a louder person). I saw Pink shrink in her seat a bit as people were looking at our table.

I ended up speaking up and said, "Okay, Green, if you can tell me right now what the R on a tampon means, you get a say on whether Pink can take birth control."

He stuttered and thought about it for a bit and ultimately gave up and the topic was dropped and we got on with the rest of our meal. Though his mom and sister were still giggling about it a little bit before we left.

When we got home, he said what i did was an a**hole move and i didn't have to embarrass him like that. I told him he was getting louder and embarrassing Pink over a matter that he doesn't get a say on and knows little about. I don't think i did anything wrong but I'm starting to feel bad, and think i could've resolved it in a better way. AITA?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Zoesdare posted:

My sister in law is working on adopting a kiddo and they’re having paperwork drawn up to make the hubbs and I the guardians should something happen to them.

Suddenly after almost fourteen years we are having the kids discussion and I’m stunned that he still thought natural kid was a viable option for us. I made my peace with adoption-only about five years ago. Even if I didn’t have horrid reproductive problems, I would still be considered a geriatric pregnancy at this point.

I really think men just don’t realize that we’re on the clock when it comes to fertility. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t regret the path that got us here, but I’ve been assuming adoption for years now.

In more directly period related news, Monday I get stabbed in the armpit a bunch for my new Nexplanon implant.

I feel like a lot of men really don't internalise the time limit, yeah. I'm 42 now and I mentioned idly in front of my brother that I didn't think I'd be having children and he acted surprised.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

HopperUK posted:

I feel like a lot of men really don't internalise the time limit, yeah. I'm 42 now and I mentioned idly in front of my brother that I didn't think I'd be having children and he acted surprised.

My boyfriend is 46 and mentioned hypothetically having a kid and I didn’t know how to tell him “you want to be 60 and deal with a fourteen yr old?”

I wouldn’t mind having a kid with him but like, tick tock

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Yeah. I'm not against the idea of having a kid, like, I don't *not* want children? But I've never been at a point in my life where if someone handed me a baby I would want to raise it, and I don't think 'tick tock' is a good enough reason to pull that trigger. My siblings have kids, so I have little kids in my life - I don't think I want to have one of my own at this point. Too old.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Why do large pads without wings exist. I accidentally grabbed a pack of overnight pads without wings and it just feels too loose. My period is heavy enough that I use these during the day, but if the ultra large four fold long pads didn't exist I'd be screwed.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

My fiancé and I had the "we don't want kids" talk early so he got a vasectomy after we'd been together seven months. That's love.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Maigius posted:

Why do large pads without wings exist. I accidentally grabbed a pack of overnight pads without wings and it just feels too loose. My period is heavy enough that I use these during the day, but if the ultra large four fold long pads didn't exist I'd be screwed.

These days I kinda prefer em without wings. Most times the stupid wings just curl up or don't stick properly anyway and then they're a vector for blood to sneak down the sides.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My niece turned 16 a few months back, and it's odd chatting with a teenager who I helped potty-train, and having to keep a straight face when she says she has a serious question for me....and asks, Aunt Cowslips, would a vampire be able to make your period pretty much be done in, like, one feeding? Because we need to find some vampires.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Maigius posted:

I just had a flashback to a time when a cheap pad came loose from my panties, so that when I took them off, my pad was still stuck between my thighs until I sat down. Unfortunately this all happened in a matter of seconds, so I didn't even really notice it. Until I went to flush and realized that the pad was floating in the toilet like a canoe, carrying passengers.

💩
🚤

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Cowslips Warren posted:

My niece turned 16 a few months back, and it's odd chatting with a teenager who I helped potty-train, and having to keep a straight face when she says she has a serious question for me....and asks, Aunt Cowslips, would a vampire be able to make your period pretty much be done in, like, one feeding? Because we need to find some vampires.

She might be reading Anne Rice. Pretty sure Lestat did that in...Memnoch?

I should crosspost to the schadenfreude thread because I haven't read that book in like 20 years and I remember that plot point.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

KentuckyFriedBonBon posted:

I just had a flashback to a time when a cheap pad came loose from my panties, so that when I took them off, my pad was still stuck between my thighs until I sat down. Unfortunately this all happened in a matter of seconds, so I didn't even really notice it. Until I went to flush and realized that the pad was floating in the toilet like a canoe, carrying passengers.

💩
🚤

One time I hadn't slept for three days because of various medical emergencies, and I was putting in a pad and fumbled and dropped it into the unflushed toilet. That is the most tired I have ever felt in my life.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm still regular as rain with my IUD (I know. :smith:), but at least I don't feel horribly depressed every month due to PMS! Anti-depressants might have helped as well.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Fuuuuck me I've passed three massive clots in the last two days and the hits just keep on coming. Picture the silver top part of a coke can. Imagine a red blob the diameter of that. That's what's been shooting out of me along with a shitload of blood.

I was worried about haemorrhaging but the day before it stopped completely by lunch and this round only started again after midnight. Still, it's been about seven hours of scarlet. I feel otherwise fine - no pain, no light-headedness or dizziness - but I'm gonna call my GP anyway. I have PCOS so I'm wondering if something burst.

I'm genuinely considering if I should push for some kind of surgery over medication, like that thing where they destroy the uterus lining.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

T minus three hours to the appointment where I get my Nexplanon replaced for the first time. I was super anxious and then the lady at the women’s clinic made me feel better...

But then the other day my penis-having GP went on a long off topic rant about how much harder getting implants out is, even though his most recent experience with BC implants is from 10ish years ago. Now my anxiety is worse than before.

It doesn’t help that I’m in limbo for test results related to different health issues and the general state of my entire life right now (marriage/personal/work/emotional) is massive horrifying change.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

coronatae posted:

AITA for embarrassing my fiance in front of his Mom and Sister?

This felt a little like an "and everybody stood up and clapped" story until the last paragraph. Yikes.

Pyrotoad posted:

Fuuuuck me I've passed three massive clots in the last two days and the hits just keep on coming. Picture the silver top part of a coke can. Imagine a red blob the diameter of that. That's what's been shooting out of me along with a shitload of blood.

I was worried about haemorrhaging but the day before it stopped completely by lunch and this round only started again after midnight. Still, it's been about seven hours of scarlet. I feel otherwise fine - no pain, no light-headedness or dizziness - but I'm gonna call my GP anyway. I have PCOS so I'm wondering if something burst.

I'm genuinely considering if I should push for some kind of surgery over medication, like that thing where they destroy the uterus lining.

Clots are just so...I don't even know. I wish that I knew more about them, and I wish that they were more normalized, I guess. Like, I didn't know about clots until I actually started having my period, and pad commercials still only have these light dainty amounts of light dainty liquid in them.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Grumbles about that fact that you aren’t supposed to take Lexapro with NSAIDs but ibuprofen is the only drug that sort of puts a dent in my period cramps.

Grumbles harder than I had to look up the drug interaction myself and no one ever told me.

That said, I am happy I don’t have my teenage level period cramps anymore. I’d be more pleased if the pill worked on me anymore but :shrug:.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Zoesdare posted:

T minus three hours to the appointment where I get my Nexplanon replaced for the first time. I was super anxious and then the lady at the women’s clinic made me feel better...

But then the other day my penis-having GP went on a long off topic rant about how much harder getting implants out is, even though his most recent experience with BC implants is from 10ish years ago. Now my anxiety is worse than before.

It doesn’t help that I’m in limbo for test results related to different health issues and the general state of my entire life right now (marriage/personal/work/emotional) is massive horrifying change.
Don't stress. Once upon a time long ago there was an implant that was a bunch of little separate pellets. That was a pain in the rear end to remove (which iirc is why it was taken off the market), and that's probably what he's remembering. Nexplanon has only been available in the US for a little over 10 years (originally as Implanon), so it was very unlikely to be that.

The usual process for removing Nexplanon is super straightforward: anesthetic, a little hole, and a squeeze. I have a connective tissue disorder that means my Nexplanon is always encapsulated, which is considered a difficult removal. The only actual difficult thing about it is that because it takes a smidge more internal cutting, only an actual MD is licensed to remove it. It still goes incredibly fast.

Out of 4 replacements, the only difficult time I've had was when I had a real rear end in a top hat NP who wasn't legally allowed to make that cut, so she decided to wrestle with it forever instead of just calling over an MD. If they try to do that, you can just put your foot down. I went back the next day and the MD had it right out in a minute.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Can this thread become a catch all for all female problems? Because it’s been a raw loving deal for me right about now.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dazerbeams posted:

Can this thread become a catch all for all female problems? Because it’s been a raw loving deal for me right about now.

:suspense:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I realized when I was younger, I used to keep a calendar and would mark off when I had my period. I don't do that anymore, but maybe I should: I lose track of when I had mine last, but realized today it has to be close, after I spent an hour trying to get a bluetooth thing to connect to my phone, most of it in tears. Ooooh right, it's about that time again.

Dazer, POST.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Sorry, I didn't mean to make anyone excited because my problems are extremely humdrum. I'm just crying on the toilet because on top of a week's worth of work being a complete waste and trying to get pregnant, I got a UTI.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dazerbeams posted:

Sorry, I didn't mean to make anyone excited because my problems are extremely humdrum. I'm just crying on the toilet because on top of a week's worth of work being a complete waste and trying to get pregnant, I got a UTI.

Oh well, not every story can involve baseball sized clots.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

Ah mate that sucks. Last UTI I had was during a heatwave and I could not drink enough to shake it. Lasted about two weeks ugh.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dazerbeams posted:

YES.

There is also the lady crew thread in CCCC. Don't tell the boys. :ssh: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805113
Very soothing colour scheme.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

I now have a new implant. It went... okay. My NP was really good but I did have one tiny bit of scar tissue that complicated things.

I’m going to have a gnarly bruise though.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Nice! I forgot, it's a lot more comfortable the next couple days if you wrap an ace bandage around your arm to just keep it in place a little and avoid it brushing against your breasts.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

She put me in a compression wrap.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

Zoesdare posted:

I now have a new implant.

Yay!

I'm almost at 3 months on mine and started bleeding a few days ago. Grumble, but ok seems light. I can deal, even with running out of tampons and having to use pads. I don't bleed for 12 hours after that point. Oh, ok, cool, I can deal with periods like this.

9am this morning: hahahaha, gently caress me, flood gates open while in crazy amounts of PPE for my job. Thank God for my emergency stash in my work bag or it would have been a call for the hubby to bring new pants.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I fuckin hate UTIs, and the worst part is once you catch one it's easier to catch them from then on. And they make you feel like a crud person who sucks at living. And having doctors tell you how to wipe is so humiliating. THANK YOU I KNOW it just happens sometimes god. They always go over the wiping thing, I wonder why they never tell you to pee after sex or masturbation. Those are also really easy ways to catch one, and not pissing after having sex is how I caught my first one when I was like 20.

Oh man, one of the last times I went in for one, years ago, the doctor was so handsome. Like movie star handsome. Having a so handsome stars are twinkling around his face person telling me how to wipe was the WORST.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

I realized when I was younger, I used to keep a calendar and would mark off when I had my period. I don't do that anymore, but maybe I should: I lose track of when I had mine last, but realized today it has to be close, after I spent an hour trying to get a bluetooth thing to connect to my phone, most of it in tears. Ooooh right, it's about that time again.

Get a tracking app! I use Clue, it’s fine. Not too pink&floral like a lot of the other options were when I was researching.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Y'all be careful with UTIs, I had one once that went mostly undetected and ended up almost dying from a kidney infection. I was dating a guy-- okay, well, there was a guy, and he had a cock like a loving battering ram, and that thing just murdered my whole downstairs mixup. He was cute tho

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I used to get UTIs almost constantly, went through the "how to wipe" lecture, the "pee after sex" lecture, nothing helped until I realised (by myself) that I had to sit on the toilet and wait 5 more minutes after peeing and I'd magically be able to pee the REST of the pee that had previously been festering in my bladder causing issues. Pee #2 is often even bigger than pee #1 too. Not sure how or why that happened but getting ALL the pee out made the UTIs stop entirely.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

When they put my mum on blood pressure meds, it made her blood pressure so low that she couldn't pee and her kidneys stopped working. Doctors in a&e used to walk into the room, look around, go "yep smells like a uti in here" and then leave to perscribe drugs.

I haven't had a uti since I was like 15, I just get thrush instead.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
getting a uti puts a long rear end debuff on your urethra, making it easier to catch another for a good while

if I smell even a hint of *that* uti smell when I pee my rear end is slamming water and cranberry pills, and praying to every deity that exists

50/50 I still get one and have to go to a clinic for antibiotics

I honestly wonder if shaming women for masturbation in the dark ages didn't save some lives, because kidney infections are no goddamn joke

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
My wife was a virgin when we started dating and I told her, you gotta pee after or you'll get a uti.

She got a uti the first time we took a trip together and has been absolutely terrified of a repeat since.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Sounds like a drat good trip, kind of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Jealous of all of you that can use internal period catching devices as I sit here changing pads every five seconds.