Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Look, if it’s not at least 220 proof, it’s not booze in her eyes.

y'ever get so drunk that you fight ten thousand men naked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I am interested in the fact that everything we know about Meti is told to us by Maya, and there's hints that she's recast some of the story in her favor. From the beginning, Maya refused to do the one task Meti set up for her, but Incubus jumped to it, even got a note of approval from Meti, "Now, that is a student," and then... the story jumps forward with Maya having become Meti's student as well, with no explanation if she ever actually humbled herself. Likewise, we know that Meti requested her body be fed to the dogs, and Maya's rage at that shows that she definitely missed one of Meti's lessons (and in the notes, Prim attained Royalty by realizing that it doesn't matter what happens to her father's body after he died, so it seems like a theme). Incubus bitching her out for never actually listening to Meti (and, of course, ignoring that he's also missed her lessons) would be a neat turn.

Hell, Maya and Incubus both reversing each other, switching roles between them of who's the Conqueror and Ruler of Worlds and who's the lone swords(wo)man out for revenge, neither able to realize that both sides are horrible failures of understanding the Sword, feels very in line with K6BD.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Precambrian posted:

I am interested in the fact that everything we know about Meti is told to us by Maya, and there's hints that she's recast some of the story in her favor.

Nope, two independent sources. We've got Maya, but we've also got Meti herself in the form of Meti's sword manual. Meti's sword manual isn't exactly the most THOROUGH source, but it still manages to back up some of Maya's interpretation.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MikeJF posted:

Although it might be expected that the city may be empty if they hold on long enough: I really wouldn't be surprised if Solomon's worlds, capital especially, have emergency contingency plans drilled for all sorts of things, and he's already issued the evac order. The gate is still standing, I believe.

Then again, this might not be the kind of battle can be contained for five minutes.

Also, this may be a situation where fighting with anything but pure intent to kill, Meti-style, nets you a loss. But that might be worth it anyway.

That hard truth is this is not a Marvel Superhero throwdown. These are literal gods about to have an argument and anyone who doesn't have a pretty jewel stuffed in their forehead at the moment may as well be ants underfoot.

And what we've seen so far has been a polite greeting before they all start arguing in earnest. We'll be lucky if the planet is inhabitable by the time the fight's over. Or even still subscribing to the same basic set of physics.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Question; In book 3 when Alisson is trapped in her mind space by her ruthless personality, she summons incubus. Incubus is there and explains the problem and then his secretary lets him know of a separate problem.

Is his secretary just him again in a sexy secretary outfit?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yes

Its an inner mindscape you can look any way you want to

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I think he did the secretary thing just to be a dick about it to Allison and acting like she’s not that important.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
iirc he also mentioned his appearance there is partly (mostly?) influenced by Allison's own perceptions, hence why he's cosplaying David Bowie's goblin king at one point despite having presumably never seen Labyrinth

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I want to know more about Incubus' dreaded dark blood sciences

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Maybe Maya will have some opinions about it when she crashes the party.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Maya's hair is also a buzzcut like Incubus' in one of the flashbacks which suggests she did go through with shearing her hair at some point

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Small detail I noticed - Incubus' scabbard has 中, meaning "middle," written on it. The army that Maya intended to join when she was trying to learn swords from Meti was "Au Vam's Middle Army." I do not know if this means anything or is just an easter egg but hey, I thought it was kind of neat.

Donkringel posted:

Question; In book 3 when Alisson is trapped in her mind space by her ruthless personality, she summons incubus. Incubus is there and explains the problem and then his secretary lets him know of a separate problem.

Is his secretary just him again in a sexy secretary outfit?

Bugs Bunny vibes.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1325885109984227328?s=19

The thing we're going to hate is this comic being so awesome it burns us out on other webcomics forever

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Tulip posted:

Small detail I noticed - Incubus' scabbard has 中, meaning "middle," written on it. The army that Maya intended to join when she was trying to learn swords from Meti was "Au Vam's Middle Army." I do not know if this means anything or is just an easter egg but hey, I thought it was kind of neat.

Bugs Bunny vibes.
They've both always had the middle army insignia, here's where we last saw Maya: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/breaker-of-infinities-1-3/

Incubus also had it all over his blood castle.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

y'ever get so drunk that you fight ten thousand men naked

Just to be clear on this, am I naked, or are the men naked?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Incubus is the commander of the Middle Army.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Fister Roboto posted:

Just to be clear on this, am I naked, or are the men naked?

Why not both? Live a little (and then kill a little, and then die a little, so that your boiling blood blinds your enemies).

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Bongo Bill posted:

Incubus is the commander of the Middle Army.

And Maya before him if I remember right.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Oh, maybe future allison has short hair because she sees everyone get punked and has to shave her head and learn sword law

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

shirts and skins posted:

The thing we're going to hate is this comic being so awesome it burns us out on other webcomics forever

abbadon continues to own himself in new, exciting ways

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Buschmaki posted:

Oh, maybe future allison has short hair because she sees everyone get punked and has to shave her head and learn sword law

this makes sense

of course she changes her hairstyle all the time too

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

I also noticed that while she only had one eye like many have pointed out, Jagg has two shining eyes on that page so maybe she makes some sort of Odin-type deal with him. I have no clue where this story is going in it's final act and that's great.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

After a fight took 8 irl years to finish in TGT, I can handle 50 pages no problem.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Hitball prepared me for this moment.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tagichatn posted:

After a fight took 8 irl years to finish in TGT, I can handle 50 pages no problem.
What's TGT?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Grouchio posted:

What's TGT?
Tails Gets Trolled, presumably.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Bongo Bill posted:

That reminds me to check in on paranatural. I wonder how many ones of pages theres been since I last looked, before the epidemic began.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Bongo Bill posted:

Hitball killed my interest in that comic stone dead.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

VanSandman posted:

Hitball killed my interest in that comic stone dead.

It reads much better all at once, rather than like one page a week. I suggest trying it again

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

shirts and skins posted:

This is going to own.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
paranatural is still a fantastic comic and i hope technology improves so they can get a bionic wrist and keep the coming going the way they want to

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Paranatural is a funny comic but not a good one. It has severe ADHD and is never going to go anywhere.

By contrast, K6BD. A shining testament to knowing what you are about and doing it.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Captain Oblivious posted:

A shining testament to knowing what you are about and doing it. royalty

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1325922523469533184

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

:sickos:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
SO loving HYPE.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Grouchio posted:

What's TGT?

Tails Gets Trolled, a webcomic so bad it wraps around back to good and has been going on forever despite all the obstacles in the path of the author and multi-year hiatuses. Honestly, lazerbot is probably royalty.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also the origin of the image in the Concerned Tom meme, apparently

E: sorry for huge

Phy fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 10, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You might wanna TIMG that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Tagichatn posted:

Tails Gets Trolled, a webcomic so bad it wraps around back to good and has been going on forever despite all the obstacles in the path of the author and multi-year hiatuses. Honestly, lazerbot is probably royalty.

they can't troll
you if you're
royalty