Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CodfishCartographer posted:

So, like 10 years ago, there was a series of TF2 vids about how to play the spy really well, by a youtuber named OMFGNinja. The rest of the videos on his channel were almost all TF2 related, mostly just spy clips or guides.

He just posted his first video after a 9 year hiatus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGluYAKrvCc

I guess I'm not surprised that youtube doesn't have a report feature for mental illness or people likely to harm themselves, but it would help a lot. I never heard of this guy before, but he needs help and could easily spiral off into some really dangerous territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Sarcopenia posted:

Allison Pregler has a good retrospective series on the old Charm show. She goes into what was going on behind the scenes too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3rrnJExXbY

Been binging through the episodes and it's fascinating to watch her get more and more irate as the seasons go on. Alyssa Milano's character has the exact same arc as Alyssa Milano. If you want to see a selfish, worthless liberal then read any one of her political takes.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Jimbot posted:

Been binging through the episodes and it's fascinating to watch her get more and more irate as the seasons go on. Alyssa Milano's character has the exact same arc as Alyssa Milano. If you want to see a selfish, worthless liberal then read any one of her political takes.
Whenever I see any dumb rear end lib take from Milano I always think of the background happenings on Charmed and her as a Project Runway (which is especially funny if you've seen Allison's Charmed videos). She honestly just seems so absolutely full of herself.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jimbot posted:

I just went and looked her up to see if I could remember which one she was and my god, her face just refuses to stay in my brain. Even while looking right at her I couldn't tell you what she looks like. Freaky poo poo. I remember the other two who were there in the later seasons because my sister watched it all the time, but her... nope. Nothing.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Alyssa Milano and Rose McGowan do look the same in that show, almost merging together like the bad guy from Timecop.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 9, 2020

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Sarcopenia posted:

Whenever I see any dumb rear end lib take from Milano I always think of the background happenings on Charmed and her as a Project Runway (which is especially funny if you've seen Allison's Charmed videos). She honestly just seems so absolutely full of herself.

It got so bad that Rose McGowan, who had (has?) some problematic views, came out and told her blow it out of her rear end. Especially when she started to discard the MeToo movement when her candidate of choice turn out to be a sex pest predator.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Jimbot posted:

Careful I fell down the manic episodes rabbithole and ended up subscribed to Charmed Hard With A Vengance, a podcast where Phelous and Allison recap old charmed episodes because New charmed is off the air due to Covid/ the cancellation demon.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMkApDWzf-E

Corey laughing his rear end off for 15 minutes over Baby Yoda carnivore is golden.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jimbot posted:

I've also been watching them since they were linked in the thread and I think it is funny how the videos get longer and longer with each one.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Alyssa Milano and Rose McGowan do look the same in that show, almost merging together like the bad guy from Timecop.

Rose has a pretty recognizable face to me
The saddest arc is her character (and her?) slowly becoming absorbed into the witchpersonalityblob that is Piper and Phoebe.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Jimbot posted:

It got so bad that Rose McGowan, who had (has?) some problematic views, came out and told her blow it out of her rear end. Especially when she started to discard the MeToo movement when her candidate of choice turn out to be a sex pest predator.
Yeah, she is the most obvious lib grifter I've ever seen. McGowan accused Milano of being awful on the set of Charmed, to the point of her regularly crying thinking about having to work in an environment with her for another season. I'm also pretty sure that Milano's husband worked/works for a talent agency that knowingly sent young talent to get harassed, raped or abused by Harvey Weinstein. No wonder McGowan hates her guts.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Peter Coffin having a normal one again.

https://twitter.com/petercoffin/status/1325080908345569280

https://twitter.com/xoxogossipgita/status/1326041807784960000

https://twitter.com/xoxogossipgita/status/1326045552551682050

https://twitter.com/plentyofalcoves/status/1326046850919653376

Bonus cameo by Kim Justice :v:

https://twitter.com/KimxxxJustice/status/1326045348750643203

:agreed:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

"breadtube elite"

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I was thinking about just posting this without context but I guess the context was added for me

https://twitter.com/marysuewriter/status/1326053319270227968

Anyway, what a surprise, the person who made up a fake asian girlfriend to make a bunch of racist jokes at her is still a shitheel

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i don't know why everyone goes to the asian girlfriend story when he literally kicked himself in the balls on an internationally syndicated tv show.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ghostlight posted:

i don't know why everyone goes to the asian girlfriend story when he literally kicked himself in the balls on an internationally syndicated tv show.

That's just them being a loving moron, though, not a shitheel

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I've followed Gita Jackson on Twitter for years and in that time she has to have been one of the most leftie people I've followed. Unlike the other topic of conversation here, she has also created things of actual worth. But hey, leave it to Peter to pull something entirely out of their arse and accuse her essentially of believing in nothing, getting in with THE BREADTUBE ELITE and playing the race card in order to better her position (and just for a cherry on top, that being the main reason why she was in a relationship with Hbomb). What a truly disgusting and horrible person they are.

I suppose it's easier to pull these lies out and accuse someone of things that you do as opposed to realising that people don't accept you because they see you for what you are and despise you for it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Ah good, I'm not sure how I arrived at Coffin's stuff but I didn't care for his stuff on AOC streaming Among Us. I think I saw Contrapoints video on Biden and was open to his counter argument and realised it was just as spiteful and strawmanny.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Isn't Hasan the streamer who got in a not-insignificant amount of trouble (as in, major outlets picked up on it) for saying America brought 9/11 onto itself? That's not exactly the tone I would expect from a sterilised, accepted Dem broadcasting avenue.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

JordanKai posted:

Isn't Hasan the streamer who got in a not-insignificant amount of trouble (as in, major outlets picked up on it) for saying America brought 9/11 onto itself? That's not exactly the tone I would expect from a sterilised, accepted Dem broadcasting avenue.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Imagine being Peter Coffin in late 2020, desperate to stay relevant as everyone realizes you're just an inane grifter, so you try to call loving Gita Jackson a centrist.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

peter coffin went from a redbaiting liberal to the specific sort of tankie that people who get labelled tankies despise, in the same category as phil greaves and redkahina, it's incredibly funny

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Breadtube elite

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

CYBEReris posted:

peter coffin went from a redbaiting liberal to the specific sort of tankie that people who get labelled tankies despise, in the same category as phil greaves and redkahina, it's incredibly funny

The problem with people like that is that in order to argue against the popularization of such politics being spoken in such a somewhat approachable way, you have to actually propose an alternative that addresses the same problems or at least make an effort to back up your authority in some way. And if one just ends up on a constantly self-twisting position where "One must own the shitlibs no matter what", you just end up with incomprehensible cornucopias on how the real left didn't want Evo back in power or how demanding M4A or an increase in wages is just cope.

Something that Jim's recent video reminded me of is Townsends's yt channel where he does all of that historical cooking. Now he's apolitical not on the sense that he's trying to sell you something as like common sense or some horseshit, but trying to be the kindest and most approachable person regarding cooking old stuff and talking about the history of cooking old stuff. Like his two videos were clearly done for people to relax\distract from election day.

Part because there was an interesting incident that made him post this video, complaining about modern politics on his youtube channel. Now from watching it, it was clear that he didn't expect ... suddenly all of that feedback! What could have possibly caused such consternation? Specially about a desert for a president?

Here's the video.

Yes he just walked accidently into THERE'S AN ORANGE CHEETO IN THE WHITEHOUSE and that's kind of hilarious, even if I feel bad for him.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Calling Gita Jackson a centrist is pretty loving funny. She is probably one of the furthest left people with a voice in the gaming press.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Skippy McPants posted:

one of the furthest left people with a voice in the gaming press.

Some further qualification may be required here

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Being The Breadtube Elite

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Imagine being jealous over someone's youtube views. What does he feel about his landlord or his bank?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I guess I'm not surprised that youtube doesn't have a report feature for mental illness or people likely to harm themselves, but it would help a lot. I never heard of this guy before, but he needs help and could easily spiral off into some really dangerous territory.

Dude just needs to get super into mukbangs

God I love mukbangs

Mukbang

Watched a bit of he video and drat does his have a big forehead

In the comments section he admits to having taken ayahausca which has clearly done wonders for his grasp on reality, as tenuous as it currently is

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 10, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sarcopenia posted:

Yeah, she is the most obvious lib grifter I've ever seen. McGowan accused Milano of being awful on the set of Charmed, to the point of her regularly crying thinking about having to work in an environment with her for another season. I'm also pretty sure that Milano's husband worked/works for a talent agency that knowingly sent young talent to get harassed, raped or abused by Harvey Weinstein. No wonder McGowan hates her guts.

McGowan dated Marilyn Manson so it's not hard to see why she'd be so stridently anti-abuse.

Charmed itself got beyond tiresome when the entire main cast's primary reaction to anything was "Oh, GOD, we have to engage with the core premise of the show I just want to wear terrible outfits and be brittle and snide."

Curio Quinn returns to grace us with a review of Netflix's 365 Days and she does not care for it. Not a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-tIkE2jkl0

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

josh04 posted:

Gita's the left most person on the waypoint podcast, which is one of the only game related pieces of media period to cover things like labor issues and unionization in any meaningful way. They do fundraising for trans organizations and BLM pretty regularly. She's involved in her local left orgs. What more do you want.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Breadtube elite

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1326211373454536709?s=19

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Leave Peter Coffin alone he just wants to hang out and make off-color jokes with his Asian GF
*gets handed a note*
Wait what the-

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 10, 2020

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
It's also weird, because has Hasan softened his image that much? I don't really watch him too much since I don't have the time or setup to really watch a lot of streams, but the last stream I saw was in March, I think? It was right after Chris Matthews had his on-air meltdown that Bernie was going to have a capo kill him in Central Park and Hasan's entire stream was his circle and the Chapos loving around at a firing range as the chat made "Central Park Training" jokes for an hour.

I have trouble seeing that as "mainstream" unless words are steadily losing their meaning.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

josh04 posted:

nah she has some dumb takes but she is legit a leftist voice in a fairly reactionary field

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Yeah, I trimmed Jackson's name out of the quote so it'd be clear that I was dunking on games journalism rather than her.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

josh04 posted:

Yeah, I trimmed Jackson's name out of the quote so it'd be clear that I was dunking on games journalism rather than her.

don't you loving explain jokes that went over my head to me and shame me here, in the shame thread :argh:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
How many youtube videos do I have to make complaining about games and anime before I can get my Elite Breadtuber business card? Am I required to have a British accent or is that just bonus points?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Sydin posted:

How many youtube videos do I have to make complaining about games and anime before I can get my Elite Breadtuber business card? Am I required to have a British accent or is that just bonus points?

You need bisexual lighting, that's the real trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
what's up with the fake girlfriend thing for peter coffin. why are so many people going "oh no he got catfished, make fun of him for a the whole other litany of times he's lied but that one specific one he definitely was completely truthful."