Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

bony tony posted:

This isn't the aug thread, but I have to share Lord John's official picture. It is something.

Dude looks like Darth Vader at the end of Return of the Jedi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

dialhforhero posted:

I appreciate the deeper irony of the song and also the date tomorrow (Tuesday, 9 November) and the whole song association for Germans and the DDR and...

What I am saying is there is a LOT to unpack here.

Your greater point aside, I hope it doesn't derail your week too much to learn that today is the 9th. Tomorrow (at least in the US) is Tuesday, November 10.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

cuber posted:

Trumper on facebook trying to school all us idiots about real history (the kind they don't teach you in schools). Same boring conservative talking points, but this comment cracked me up:

Mark's Aurelius, the last good emperor.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/KyleKashuv/status/1325955895252180993?s=19

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Your greater point aside, I hope it doesn't derail your week too much to learn that today is the 9th. Tomorrow (at least in the US) is Tuesday, November 10.

I drank a lot this weekend and had Monday free so I am uh, confused.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Tony Phillips posted:

Checking in with my recreational chud friend.....
You wanna convince him that this election was on the up and up?

the only possible reply to this is "get over it, he won"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/altonbrown/status/1325947007064809476?s=21

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

What the gently caress, Alton

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

someone quote the "Alton Brown is absolutely definitely a dom" bit

or just exercise caution opening this link

ah it's just further down:

quote:

We met Alton Brown at a show he did here - we paid the extra cash to meet him and get a blurry cellphone pic with him and have him sign a picture. He noticed my (male) companion’s pocket watch, and proceeded to order him to take it out of his pocket. It wasn’t obnoxious, it was in a Dom tone that brooked no argument. So he complied. When he found out it wasn’t wound, and so not working, he was deeply disappointed, and told him to do better next time.

If this guy isn’t a Dom, I’ll eat that spreader bar.

stringless has a new favorite as of 12:24 on Nov 10, 2020

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

FFT posted:

someone quote the "Alton Brown is absolutely definitely a dom" bit

or just exercise caution opening this link

ah it's just further down:

Should've been a hint that he's republican

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somfin posted:

What the gently caress, Alton
why would you expect not only a celebrity with a large net worth, but a celebrity that had the ethos of "hard work makes you successful" validated by becoming a celebrity for doing hard, stressful work to not be conservative?

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

I cannot begin to imagine the dimension this comes from. I want to argue with the person who posted it, but where do you even begin? What does life even look like in their world? Do sunfish walk on land and hamburgers eat people?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

what the gently caress

it's like they put all five classical stages of acceptance in a blender and dripped the aftermath onto a keyboard

stringless has a new favorite as of 14:09 on Nov 10, 2020

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Thinky Whale posted:

I cannot begin to imagine the dimension this comes from. I want to argue with the person who posted it, but where do you even begin? What does life even look like in their world? Do sunfish walk on land and hamburgers eat people?

I now return to the rock I live under that only receives Alex Jones broadcasts.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Thinky Whale posted:

Not only did he not do any of these things (except "thank you for being too much"), but in many cases he did the exact opposite.
How do you even see the world when you think Trump is the hardest working president ever? Or that he stood up for women? Or that he didn't profit??

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Vib Rib posted:

Not only did he not do any of these things (except "thank you for being too much"), but in many cases he did the exact opposite.
How do you even see the world when you think Trump is the hardest working president ever? Or that he stood up for women? Or that he didn't profit??

Through a very narrow Lou Dobbs shaped lens

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Thinky Whale posted:

Read this as "standing up TO women".

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/joyannreid/status/1326000149550784513?s=21

Reader: that is not why it’s called 538

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

FFT posted:

quote:

He noticed my (male) companion’s pocket watch, and proceeded to order him to take it out of his pocket. It wasn’t obnoxious, it was in a Dom tone that brooked no argument. So he complied.

How do you respond to someone ORDERING you to do this by doing anything but putting your hand in your pocket, pulling it back out with a middle finger, and laughing derisively

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goblin week posted:

Should've been a hint that he's republican

And a born again Christian.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Alton Brown is (somewhat) notoriously a piece of poo poo and this confirms it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Danaru posted:

How do you respond to someone ORDERING you to do this by doing anything but putting your hand in your pocket, pulling it back out with a middle finger, and laughing derisively
if a person that you admire/respect/whatever says "let me see that pocketwatch."

and you're the kind of person that carries around a pocketwatch? knowing it's unwound or is broken? but it's clearly visible?

good loving luck lol sure you're gonna throw your middle fingers in the air at the guy that you're explicitly present to meet because he exposed your peccadillo

i'd rather have Alton Brown be just disappointed in me than laugh in my face in front of at least one other person about how i'm a poser if i were in that circumstance

i dunno the dude's obviously got control issues (watch Good Eats and try to catch both of his ears in a single camera take) but the spreader bars and such on the actual shows speak more than the "lmao my pocketwatch poser friend got totally called out by Alton Brown but in a super classy way so therefore AB fits into this particular box".

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/amandamull/status/1325979948436353024

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Tom is not the idiot:

https://twitter.com/TNeenan/status/1326183284381016065?s=19

(Oh god this government is so beyond incompetent I genuinely don't know they dress themselves)

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

10 Beers posted:

Dude looks like Darth Vader at the end of Return of the Jedi.

You quoted that photo at the top of the page and now every time I come to this thread it takes up my entire phone screen like a horrible wallpaper

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

No, no, Jeb! commits the Jeb!nocide.

I'm looking forward to the next Dangan Ronpa introducing the famous serial killer/political icon Jeb!nocider Joe the Plumber.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

xtal posted:

You quoted that photo at the top of the page and now every time I come to this thread it takes up my entire phone screen like a horrible wallpaper

k i made it smaller for u

better?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Thanks I hate it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

FFT posted:

what the gently caress

it's like they put all five classical stages of acceptance in a blender and dripped the aftermath onto a keyboard

They burn, burn like a wicker cabinet
Chalk white and oh-so-frail

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Flint_Paper posted:

Tom is not the idiot:

https://twitter.com/TNeenan/status/1326183284381016065?s=19

(Oh god this government is so beyond incompetent I genuinely don't know they dress themselves)

:lmao:

I originally saw the headline on The Guardian's site and thought :jerkbag: and skipped it.

Amazing.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Antigravitas posted:

I originally saw the headline on The Guardian's site and thought :jerkbag: and skipped it.

Amazing.

I do not expect headlines to be literal these days

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Antigravitas posted:

Amazing.

When I first saw that headline I thought it was some secret-society-4d-chess-easter-egg but no, it's just the incompetent government using MSPaint for international relations.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Yup. I copied the image, put it in paint, did fill colour on the background and it was just...there. Absolutely astonishing incompetence that's somehow both surprising and utterly expected.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

More like "idiots about social media" but fitting..

I work in a small shop, our owner came by and I heard him talking to another worker about "Hey, what's that new Twitter like site?" and of course the answer was Parler. After he left, I piped up with "So are we jumping on racist Twitter now?".

:byodame: NO IT'S CONSERVATIVE TWITTER so it's UNCENSORED and you know what you're seeing is TRUE

knife_of_justice
Aug 12, 2007

103 and still BITCHIN'

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

k i made it smaller for u

better?

Face like a bag of smashed crabs.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

bony tony posted:

This isn't the aug thread, but I have to share Lord John's official picture. It is something.

And in true boomer fashion he keeps doubling down repeatedly in Twitter instead of admitting being an idiot on social media.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

knife_of_justice posted:

Face like a bag of smashed crabs.

Congrats on being the only person outside my immediate family to ever use this phrase that I have heard, glad to know it exists elsewhere :v:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

oops forgot to log into my sock puppet account

https://twitter.com/DeanBrowningPA/status/1326190098086506496

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ahah, the tweet was literally deleted while I was looking at it. It only took like 5 hours for them to realize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

xtal posted:

Yessss. Give in to your hate, your anger....