Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

STAC Goat posted:

I think he wore the Kawada gear in his debut against Cody.
It looks more like Misawa gear but even that's a stretch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7inONGAlWIg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
maybe i missed it but it was a lil jarring to see kingston come out in dark street clothes, mox has his entrance and suddenly kingston is there in fluro green wrestling gear. i thought it was fine though and the match was great

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Edge & Christian posted:

It looks more like Misawa gear but even that's a stretch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7inONGAlWIg
Man it's weird to hear a crowd, even a (sweetened?) subdued post-Attitude crowd

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Gaz-L posted:

Ah yes, Kings Road, the most non-violent style of wrestling, that no true badass would value.
no lie, a small part of me wanted kingston to win and then feud with omega on the off-chance they would relitigate kings road vs strong style

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Wazzu posted:

It's accurate of modern wrestlers, but street thugs would traditionally not value the Kings Road.

Also yeah it looks like Power Rangers. The storyline called for him to wear his best proud street thug gear.

:chloe:

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

eddie loving all japan rules and the misawa gear looked bad. these two statements are not mutually exclusive

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John Dudebro posted:

eddie loving all japan rules and the misawa gear looked bad. these two statements are not mutually exclusive

:yeah:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

eddie kingston is not portraying a 'street thug'. gj

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The "street thug" thing bugged me but on the other hand he does hang out with Homicide and BLK OUT outside AEW so I was trying to give the OP the benefit of the doubt on that one.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the only reason 'thug' came up on commentary was because of tracy smothers

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
e:nm

OctoberCountry fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 10, 2020

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Eddie's had lovely gear at every other stage of his career so why break tradition now?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Eddies gear had nothing to do with Misawa it was all about paying tribute to Jason David Frank who played the best colour power ranger.

please subscribe to my pateron for more hot scoops like this one

https://twitter.com/BranCutler/status/1325942285213655040

Steampunk Cutler.

The Croc fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 10, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jesus didn’t tap say I Quit

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm joining #theresistance so I can declare this is a coup. Linda McMahon, coup plotter.

https://twitter.com/Linda_McMahon/status/1326004303090364416

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man she is gonna feel foolish when somebody tells her the election ended a few days ago!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

She can't even @ people properly, the loving idiot

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

She can't even @ people properly, the loving idiot

She does that all the time too. You'd think her social media would be done by an intern!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

MassRafTer posted:

She does that all the time too. You'd think her social media would be done by an internindependent contractor!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

Man she is gonna feel foolish when somebody tells her the election ended a few days ago!

Eh, looks like the Republicans' plan is to just say any vote for Biden doesn't count, and they'll probably get their way.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

MassRafTer posted:

She does that all the time too. You'd think her social media would be done by an intern!
Sooner or later, the wwe is going to try and get developmental wrestlers classed as interns so they dont have to pay them at all

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Duke Pukem posted:

Sooner or later, the wwe is going to try and get developmental wrestlers classed as interns so they dont have to pay them at all

Honestly given what we know about NXT pay structure and how they are kept that way until long after their prime age wise so that they're "TV ready" by the age of 38 it's not that much of a stretch.

The Queens Gambit main actress is only 23 right nbow and got her big break in The VVitch at 17. This isn't wrestling and its just what i watched but like people are good young! Top Flight! Imagine actors or actresses had to wait to "work the hard camera" into their 30s.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lid posted:

Honestly given what we know about NXT pay structure and how they are kept that way until long after their prime age wise so that they're "TV ready" by the age of 38 it's not that much of a stretch.

The Queens Gambit main actress is only 23 right nbow and got her big break in The VVitch at 17. This isn't wrestling and its just what i watched but like people are good young! Top Flight! Imagine actors or actresses had to wait to "work the hard camera" into their 30s.

Remember a while ago there was wrestlers in WWE who wanted to take down the ring after a tv show

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Davros1 posted:

Eh, looks like the Republicans' plan is to just say any vote for Biden doesn't count, and they'll probably get their way.
I see you've been hit with the doomposting bug

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

The Queens Gambit

Totally unrelated but this is a fab show and everyone should watch it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Remember a while ago there was wrestlers in WWE who wanted to take down the ring after a tv show

That was probably instilled in them long before they signed with WWE. The whole "you're never too big to help with the show" mindset is big on the indies. I remember Kevin Steen, who was like a 10 year vet and the PWG champion helping take down a ring in a couple of his vlogs. Although Steen is known for being a good guy. But I doubt he's alone in that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The whole "you're never too big to help with the show" mindset is big on the indies.

You are 100% too big to be doing that when you're on national TV working on-screen for a multi-million dollar company though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You are 100% too big to be doing that when you're on national TV working on-screen for a multi-million dollar company though.

No one is saying you aren't, but it's a hard thing to break out of if you come from that kind of background. Not just in wrestling but film, theater, music, etc.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

No one is saying you aren't, but it's a hard thing to break out of if you come from that kind of background. Not just in wrestling but film, theater, music, etc.

Yeah, this is what I'm getting at

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I get it, not arguing.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I would also argue that there is a difference between being a nice helpful person and offering to help the hardworking road crew do their job and lighten their load because you have empathy
and
being a 15 year veteran being guilted by company culture and/or explicit orders to do extra physical work outside your job description because the company you currently work for doesn't think you have "paid your dues"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The only dues they should have to pay is to a union

:(

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1326305097530265602

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

queen of simp style maki itoh

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

There is a surfeit of entries in the Urban Dictionary, Itoh-chan.

You don't have to cling to that one.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Maki is no Gawr Gura when it comes to simps.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

mak simpervive

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Mike Simpervive

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

No idea who that dude is standing between Aubrey and Cody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU