Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Can someone please help me out learning more with the T110E4? I have done research and try to do as the good players do with this thing but I can't make the drat thing work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

trade shot for shot with things that do less than 750 alpha

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It isn't a heavy tank. Don't play it like one.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Since the end of the year is around the corner and I've barely played at all this year, I figured I'd duck in here real quick and see if there may be some fun to pick up the game for the upcoming seasonal event.

Can someone sum up any monumental changes / patches since like March (?) for me? And the gamble event this year is gonna be some OP Italian heavy to kick off that line?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The E4 is really just a shittier T30.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So I bought an expensive video card and my friendly online shop threw in a $10 coupon for WoT. I don't play the game, so I pass the savings onto some lucky goon!

PCVRTS*2-YNTU4-PXBZX

The missing letter, to stop the code from being crawled by bots or whatever, is the most common letter in the English language. Google it or somethiing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/rmpzD8o.mp4

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Drone posted:

So I bought an expensive video card and my friendly online shop threw in a $10 coupon for WoT. I don't play the game, so I pass the savings onto some lucky goon!

PCVRTS*2-YNTU4-PXBZX

The missing letter, to stop the code from being crawled by bots or whatever, is the most common letter in the English language. Google it or somethiing.

Gah, someone claimed it

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Since the end of the year is around the corner and I've barely played at all this year, I figured I'd duck in here real quick and see if there may be some fun to pick up the game for the upcoming seasonal event.

Can someone sum up any monumental changes / patches since like March (?) for me? And the gamble event this year is gonna be some OP Italian heavy to kick off that line?

We got equipment changes that somewhat eases up on the cookie cutter equipment setups people were more commonly using. You can experiment with some of the new stuff added to the game that changes paramaters of the vehicles.

Other than the buffs to mediums in the tech tree, progetto 46 got buffed by removing gun rammer and adding stats to simulate it already having the equipment on it, and better missions for premium account to name a few.

McGavin posted:

It isn't a heavy tank. Don't play it like one.

I have been playing it like a support tank. Like when I see someone firing I peek around corners, blast people, then run away. The problem with this is that once I am spotted people gun for me quite quickly and that strat never works in my favor. I will try to record some games today after I grind out some more wins on German tanks I have been working on.

Edit- I am Challenging a good player Sunday November 8th. I will be recording and streaming it. 1 on 1

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 8, 2020

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What are peoples thoughts on the polish mediums?

Im on the T9 right now, the T8-9 seems more like the patton line then the t-54 line of tanks.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I have not gone down the Tech tree line yet but I have heard not so great things about the higher tiers. Mainly some of the WoT community streamers like skill gave up on Mastering it and I think that ripple sent a bad wave to everyone else. The lower tiers seem like good fun as I have played games with Blaargh and Atomizer in the past as they were going up that line. B.U.G.I is a polish duck.

The CS-52 LIS on the other hand is really really good and is a somewhat better T-44-100. It dishes out 70 more alpha damage, can snapshot very well, and its premium rounds is basically shooting laser beams at people. So its an excellent counter to EBR and other fast tanks. Provided you don't bounce off their tires. It might be a bit more sluggish and slower than the T-44 but a Turbocharger balances it out enough to where its almost similar.

Oh and its got a fox on it.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
The Polish tanks are ok, they are just outclassed by the Leopard 1 and PTA (even post nerf) in basically every single way. The T9 is my favourite of the line at the moment though.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Ok, I haven't posted in a couple weeks so here I go again:

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

This is a great example of the shitbaggery that makes this the worst player base of any game I play regularly.

Was it my best performance? All previous games I've played people sometimes talked poo poo to opponents, but in this game it's overwhelmingly directed at teammates lol. Seriously gently caress these people.

I like how the pubbie trying to talk poo poo didn't even carry his weight, he basically got lucky doing 4 shots of damage to finish off 4 low-HP enemy tanks and thinks he's hot poo poo. If he did his HP in damage he could hate-message all of the other tier 10s, but there's literally no reason for him to poo poo talk you in particular.

A hunnid. 💯

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

I have been playing it like a support tank. Like when I see someone firing I peek around corners, blast people, then run away. The problem with this is that once I am spotted people gun for me quite quickly and that strat never works in my favor.

I've been playing the E4 a lot in Ranked, so here's my thoughts:

Aside from the semi-turret, the E4 is a typical tier 10 TD and suffers from the same problems as other tier 10 TDs, which are mediocre armour, garbage gun handling, and poo poo maneuverability. This means that you need to play it like any other tier 10 TD.

Your armour is patchy enough that you should avoid being close to the front lines, because enemy tanks will either easily hit your weak spots from close range or load gold and go through your turret front. Additionally, it has been power crept by the proliferation of heavy tanks with 750-damage doom cannons and actual armour in the game. It's nearly impossible to trade shots with these heavies effectively, so heading to the front to support the push is suicidal.

Basically, you want to stay far away from the front of a push and remain unspotted for as long as possible, which means staying outside of spotting range to fire or firing while double bushed. Your APCR is decently fast (for a tier 10 TD) and has enough pen that hitting and doing damage to enemy tanks at range shouldn't be too difficult. Your goal is to survive until the end of the round relatively undamaged so that you can one-shot damaged enemies as they push into you.

The ideal round is one where you're able to get some early shots on the enemy team as they move into position, remain unspotted as you defend/support the push, and then hoover up <750 hp tanks in the end game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

One of the best things about the E3/E4 is that their premium rounds don't cost that much more than standard shells so gently caress it, go ham with 2 key.

All the other 750 TDs cost 6,000 to 6,800 when team USA cost 5,200, that's war time capitalisms baby

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

One of the best things about the E3/E4 is that their premium rounds don't cost that much more than standard shells so gently caress it, go ham with 2 key.

All the other 750 TDs cost 6,000 to 6,800 when team USA cost 5,200, that's war time capitalisms baby

:911:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Did season 2 of rank just start? The reward tank I would actually want but I never pay attention to rank as it is a terrible mode.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/znPA5hy.mp4

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KsT6RgXF_I

Always have an escape plan.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Laying back and exposing his belly to show submission is one way to deal with a larger oponent.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

that udes doesn't b. i respect that.

#unbindskey

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
KD got to meet this sexy beast at Ft. Benning today. Introducing the M60

This tank is a LOT bigger to see in person than the images I am about to share. I was unable to take a picture of the back of the tank due to the fact a gate checkpoint was right in front of it. Taking pictures of that checkpoint is a big no-no.

And here is me getting a safe selfie and practicing social distancing rules.

:fap:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Katamari Democracy posted:

This tank is a LOT bigger to see in person
This goes for pretty much any and every tank; you just cannot appreciate the size of the loving things until you're right there looking at them in person. Wandering around Bovington in 2018 had me feeling like I'd somehow shrank by 2ft. Being next to stuff such as the A39 Tortoise and Jagdtiger, all I could do was just stand there thinking, "loving hell!"

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Yeah my head prolly got a little above the tracks at 5"11. These things are machines. Videos and pictures do not really do it justice when it comes to getting to know one in the flesh.

I know once Covid is over I plan on checking out the Infantry Museum at Benning. There are a lot of cool tanks to check out with even some history behind it.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Too bad ze Germans never built a Ratte, that would be truly enormous.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
Would've sworn there was a M60 sitting in a median park display on the highway that lies just north of Ft. Leonard Wood as it cuts through Waynesville, MO. Hell, a VFW I pass by every day has a Cobra sitting out front.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
There are a few tank museums on my island (one of which I didn't go to yet because effort), but seeing an M4 in person was awesome. They are SO loving loud too.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ranked is loving trash, every team just piles in a corner and loving fucks their own rear end in a top hat

ranked sucks rear end but this just happened and is worth it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtYPJ22M2xY

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 12, 2020

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Just spent 20 bucks on getting the Captured King Tiger for good.

Having trouble finding the tank for a friend of mine. He never had amazon prime, anyone able to get a link for me so I can share it with him? We can't find it on the store but somehow I was able to on my PC.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You need to have had access to it through Amazon Prime in the past for it to show up in the store for you.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Oh I totally misread the article. It's only exclusive to Prime members.

That is so lame. But hey at least I now officially own it without Bezos hand being involved in it.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

There's a Walker Bulldog parked by the police substation Overton, NV about 45 minutes N of Las Vegas.

It's... not really that big. On the scale of tanks at least...

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
With all-season camouflage preset styles being given away at regular intervals, why is it that when I open a match most tanks are naked? Is camo not really effective enough to bother? Is it only a cosmetic thing unless you are a TD/SPG?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

No, they are just bad or don't play enough. Always take camo if you can. Even in a Japanese super heavy camo can be the difference between you being nuked at round start or merely spotted just as you are moving in to hard cover.

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
Guess I'm not really surprised, but you'd think that in the upper tiers people would be invested a little.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Yeah, even when you get to the top tiers so many players just remain at the mindset, "Ahahaha, I make the tank gun go boom. PEW PEW!"

Which, I mean fair, but you'd hope they'd glean even a tiny bit how spotting or armor works.

I was pretty terrible about that stuff for a long, long time, though I mostly avoided tier 10 until I actually started understanding the mechanics passably.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Just remember to put 069 on your tank when you can

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Camo gets less useful as you go up to higher tiers because so many tanks are driving around with maxed view range so that if you get caught in the open you're spotted no matter what your camo value is. This, combined with the fact that most maps force close range engagements, makes camo an afterthought if you aren't in a light tank or Swedish TD. If you're playing high tiers it's better to use environmental camo like bushes and always assume that you're spotted if you're in the open than it is to rely on camo paint giving +2-4% to your base camo.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Or just stack every advantage you can.

But sure don't fight their maxed view range in any way and get lit and artied before you get to the engagement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

arty should have a 300m minimum range, if the enemy gets close to you sorry better luck next time, price you pay for getting to poo poo on ppl map wide with no repercussions