Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

crazypeltast52 posted:

I've always wondered how stairs type?

I am protected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Disgracefully short skirting

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

GotLag posted:

Fire service coverage in low-population-density areas is quite doable

That doesn't mean its a good idea lol

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Crunchy Black posted:

That doesn't mean its a good idea lol

:lmao: that's certainly a take.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Dareon posted:

:lmao: that's certainly a take.

a particularly hot one

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

All those corners are hard on my dick.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Useful for a bike lane, at least. Wouldn't want to try and use it in an icy winter, though.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I'm getting strong Swiss vibes on that picture.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
xposting from cursed thread

genuinely impressive

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Finland, apparently
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fi&u=https://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/helsinki/art-2000007610462.html&prev=search&pto=aue

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The Bloop posted:

xposting from cursed thread

genuinely impressive

Is that a bathroom?

Those little displays of public misanthropy are winning my heart.
Minä rakastan sinua!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
In a suburb of Copenhagen I visited they had channel iron running up one side of the stairs to push your bike up. I think that's probably a better way to do it rather than cutting a huge swath out of the middle.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The "oh poo poo" feeling.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I like how someone put the soccer practice cones out for safety. I feel protected.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

By popular demand posted:

Is that a bathroom?

Those little displays of public misanthropy are winning my heart.
Minä rakastan sinua!

Haista kukkanen!

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Is that something where you'd see signs for a while or does it just one day fall apart with no warning?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Zopotantor posted:

Haista kukkanen!

wikitionary posted:

Usage notes

An euphemistic mild version of haista paska (“gently caress you”)

Well now I know where I'm going on vacation :3:

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

GreenNight posted:

The "oh poo poo" feeling.

The final escape of the decorative, too-short-to-cover shutters, taking their surroundings with them.

"decorative"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Hollow Talk posted:

The final escape of the decorative, too-short-to-cover shutters, taking their surroundings with them.

"decorative"

they're apparently structural

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Looking at the windows I'd guess it is the brick facade pulling away from the structural breezeblock walls dues to Crappy Construction.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Hollow Talk posted:

"decorative"

Which is the equally horrible 'bloodied rice' brick color

god i hate it so much.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Someone cheaping out on the $1 fasteners to hold the brick facade in place. Or more likely some laborer forgot to place them and it was load bearing gravity .

quote:

As the veneer goes up, the brick structure is anchored to the sheathing with metal wall ties, or brick anchors. These are commonly L-shaped pieces of corrugated metal nailed through the sheathing and into the wall studs. Anchors are installed every four courses and spaced every 2 feet apart horizontally.

Actually it looks like the whole wall is buckled outwards and not just a failure of the facade so maybe some idiots dropped a pallet of roof tiles on the roof and the walls buckled out.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 10, 2020

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BonerGhost posted:

Is that something where you'd see signs for a while or does it just one day fall apart with no warning?

I believe that _is_ the sign. Did you want like, flashing red text too?

That is literally a house of cards right now, at least the outside skin of the wall. You could have the wrong errant breeze or dig pissing in the wrong spot and it will come down.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

cowofwar posted:

Someone cheaping out on the $1 fasteners to hold the brick facade in place. Or more likely some laborer forgot to place them and it was load bearing gravity .

Actually it looks like the whole wall is buckled outwards and not just a failure of the facade so maybe some idiots dropped a pallet of roof tiles on the roof and the walls buckled out.

What do you see that indicates the whole wall is failing? The windows seem to not have moved.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Motronic posted:

I believe that _is_ the sign. Did you want like, flashing red text too?

That is literally a house of cards right now, at least the outside skin of the wall. You could have the wrong errant breeze or dig pissing in the wrong spot and it will come down.

No I mean like would you see little cracks in certain places that would indicate the facade is failing before the entire thing falls off like it has in the picture.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BonerGhost posted:

No I mean like would you see little cracks in certain places that would indicate the facade is failing before the entire thing falls off like it has in the picture.

They wouldn't be little. You'd see cracks running continuous patterns through mortar around bricks in roughly some kind of line(s) of where the stress or failure is happening.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Actually, they can slump quite a bit before they fail, if they're facades. I dealt with quite a few of them in Philadelphia over the years. Most of the rowhomes are frame, with a high percentage being balloon, with a brick or sandstone facade. Most homeowners don't notice until it starts leaking into the home when it rains. Other just fail spectacularly right onto the sidewalk, and it's miraculous no one has died under an avalanche of brick.

Way back when, they used cut nails and cleats; I have had newer ones that in fact failed to install the strips. There was one on South Broad St. that had 2x8 props set up to retain it for years.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

Way back when, they used cut nails and cleats

Yikes, I remember running into those up county from you.

By the way....I actually need to find some cut nails for a reno project :)

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Motronic posted:

Yikes, I remember running into those up county from you.

By the way....I actually need to find some cut nails for a reno project :)

Fazzio's in Glassboro has them: https://www.shopjfi.com/

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Sloppy posted:

What do you see that indicates the whole wall is failing? The windows seem to not have moved.

Ah yeah you’re right, the windows looked weird but the facade has just pulled away the bit of siding around the window.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I think that downpipe may be holding back the brick layer right now.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

What are you supposed to do, walk your bike up while still straddling it?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GotLag posted:

What are you supposed to do, walk your bike up while still straddling it?

:iiam:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It was purposefully designed to annoy everyone equally regardless their mode of transportation.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

By popular demand posted:

It was purposefully designed to annoy everyone equally regardless their mode of transportation.

Not quite true

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:vince:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/_youhadonejob1/status/1326436040765300736

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Wow.