Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

ded posted:

I'm really coming to the realization that he isn't kidding. He really does think he can just say NOPE NOT LEAVING and people will just put up with it like they have put up with every other hosed up thing he has done. We are heading into a very odd time. Way more so than it has been already.

well, if trump manages to steal this election, they dont really need trump after that, the guy is a moron

the end goal for fascists is some corporate/military oligarchy

edit: you really think they want loving eric or don jr leading the country ever? (this is a general question, not directed at you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Has this ever happened before in any degree?

There are rumors that in the waning days of the Nixon administration about offhanded comments about retaining power through force, but never any confirmation, and honestly the narrative has been polluted by Oliver Stone's Nixon.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
They don’t give a gently caress who’s president as long as they got in on a R ticket

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Well it looks like we aren't the only ones who idly speculated about this
https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1326304887525830661

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Goddamnit George Lucas is gonna be right

gently caress you 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Has this ever happened before in any degree?

Bush v. Gore wasn't "settled" until December 12th. Very few states have actually posted finalized results yet, they still have a few weeks. Most states are still counting, right now.

Past presidents always conceded when poo poo was obviously over. Donnie's just being a bitch about it. I'll be worried once it gets to the point that the states certify and he's still going on. That's half the reason why his most recent lawsuits are about stalling state certifications with bullshit fraud claims.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hit me up when he actually makes a concrete move to put AD troops in the streets, or it goes past the point where states have certified the election but Donnie still has his fingers in his ears going nuh-uh.

The first will be obvious, the second won't occur for about a month or more.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

ded posted:

I'm really coming to the realization that he isn't kidding. He really does think he can just say NOPE NOT LEAVING and people will just put up with it like they have put up with every other hosed up thing he has done. We are heading into a very odd time. Way more so than it has been already.

Same. I have been thinking for a while that his lawyers must have been telling him for some time that if he loses Presidential immunity from prosecution, he's screwed, and no amount of pardon fuckery will protect him from the NY state charges. Then there is also the matter of the $420 million debt, and deutsche bank leaked a couple of weeks back they are coming after him for that, and if he can't make good they will begin targeting his properties, etc.

Also, the decapitation of civilian leadership at the pentagon and replacing them with his stooges... I think the absolute BEST-case scenario there is they are trying to destroy a lot of evidence for something. Evidence of stuff that was suppressed, evidence of crimes, who the hell knows.

The worst-case scenario is much, much worse, and I absolutely despise the fact that we live in a reality where we even have to consider that as a possibility.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

Well it looks like we aren't the only ones who idly speculated about this
https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1326304887525830661

Well, I remember wondering if there would be anything stopping trump fleeing to russia and getting putins protection in exchange for basically one of the biggest information coups ever.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
There was the disputed election of 1876. Hayes’ opponent didn’t formally concede until a few days prior to the inauguration.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, once the states certify that'll be the ticker there. If the GSA refuses to certify Biden after that, then that'll be when things get exciting.

After someone posted those emails trump was sending out to grift the poo poo out of idiots, I figure it's just grifting up until that point. Some timed releases to show how big a strong daddy he is to keep chuds sending money.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Defenestrategy posted:

Well, I remember wondering if there would be anything stopping trump fleeing to russia and getting putins protection in exchange for basically one of the biggest information coups ever.

Couldn't the secret service prevent him from travelling to countries where he may be compromised? I swear I read that somewhere but it might have been someone asking about it instead of telling.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Abongination posted:

They don’t give a gently caress who’s president as long as they got in on a R ticket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRd-IHyCV7I

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Thwomp posted:

There was the disputed election of 1876. Hayes’ opponent didn’t formally concede until a few days prior to the inauguration.

Tilden wasn't the incumbent with his hands on the levers of power though.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Chapo posited that Trump never concedes and just up and leaves the white house on Jan 20, turns it into a grift as a "president in exile".

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

anyone saying SURELY trump would never do X should never be allowed voice an opinion again

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

two hundred and forty thousand dead

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

two hundred and forty thousand dead

And that's just the accepted number. There *could* be +100-200k on top of that: https://www.bu.edu/articles/2020/analysis-finds-true-pandemic-death-toll-is-much-higher-than-200000-in-us/

They'll never add that number to the total, though - the US has to "keep pace" with other countries/regions that have questionably managed the pandemic! Otherwise number might go WAY down! :ohdear:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Let trump fistfight Champ and Major

If he wins he can stay

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I can't bear to see the dogs sullied

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

If the "Deep State"- or anyone within the US Government were actually as competent as the Cultists say, they'd already have control and we'd never know.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Strange_Changes/status/1326300814680485889?s=19

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

The GOP's problem is that even though Trump lost, he managed to generate near-record Republican voter turnout across most of the country while doing so. Any hope the party leaders might have had that Trumpism would die out with Trump's loss was shot to shreds in the election - they're pretty much stuck going along with whatever stupid poo poo Trump tweets out for the foreseeable future until either the base loses interest, or more likely when Trump finally keels over from long-term aspartame poisoning.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/altonbrown/status/1326355500510965767?s=20

https://twitter.com/altonbrown/status/1326356184111132672?s=20

https://twitter.com/altonbrown/status/1326357564645396483?s=20

https://twitter.com/altonbrown/status/1326357834641125376?s=20

https://twitter.com/altonbrown/status/1326358195477078016?s=20

https://twitter.com/altonbrown/status/1326358303421718530?s=20

Alton continuing to have a normal one and should get an account

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Alton brown having a complete mental meltdown on twitter is very 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Alton getting extremely mad that the guillotine is a unitasker

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
All deleted.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009

Thwomp posted:

All deleted.

I had his twitter open in a tab from before he deleted it, and I managed to take a screenshot.

Read from the bottom up.

Edit: Attachment didn't seem to work, so I uploaded it to imgur.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Alton getting extremely mad that the guillotine is a unitasker

Bullshit, the guilotine can cut food as well as the rich. Not a unitasker.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Defenestrategy posted:

You're never gonna sterilize wood. I don't even want to imagine what your kitchen is like

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Milo and POTUS posted:

You're never gonna sterilize wood. I don't even want to imagine what your kitchen is like

Boy howdy (are you possibly wrong)

https://news.ncsu.edu/2014/09/cutting-boards-food-safety/

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Defenestrategy posted:

I find myself doubting the knife handling abilities of the rich when I see poo poo like America's Worst Cooks.

I have more faith in the guillotine.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Milo and POTUS posted:

As long as you use it to cut meat that you plan to sear or broil, that shouldn't be much of an issue.
Other than the smell I guess. Some engineer could design an steel bodied guillotine with a spring catch and a deeper contact point to prevent banging up the blade on anything but bone and meat. Off the top of my head blade replacement attachments should make it able to chop (default), tenderize (blunt especially if you can automate the cocking), shell (blunt), juice or filet (many blades side by side).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Huh didn't know that. Neat

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
I know I'm Kramering into the thread late, but all those extra fences after election at the White House are normal preps for the Inauguration Parade build out.

E:. Source is me trying to walk to various places through Lafayette Park for ten years. And by extra fences, the construction ones, not riot. Penn Ave is going to be next.

Evil SpongeBob fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 11, 2020

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

PookBear posted:

anyone saying SURELY trump would never do X should never be allowed voice an opinion again

Who said that?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
If you want some comedy, there's an ongoing tweetthread of Republican poll-watcher complaints about the Detroit absentee ballot count. They were waiving this 233-page thing on Fox News today.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1326411030063362051

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So regarding the actual higher up uniformed leadership of the US military...are any of them up Trumps rear end, or besides a stray one, probably despise him as much as we do? I feel like Lafayette Square may have been a bit of blessing, in that Milley and Esper realized how badly hosed the situation was from an institutional standpoint and realized that they had to do everything to avoid a similar situation. Well that’s my hope at least, granted Esper can’t do much any more.

However, the way people have “charitably” described the mid and lower ranking officers in various threads over the years, I’m concerned about how many of them beat off to Q posts and wouldn’t love to one up Kent State.

I guess I’m just doom posting, but I can’t believe I’m even thinking about this beyond coming up with a goofball reasons for a modern civil war wargame scenario.

Like seriously I feel like Tom Clancy would have given you a loving death stare if you suggested this as a plot for even one of the shitter games Red Storm made early one.

Spaceguns
Aug 28, 2007

Happy Veterans Day GiP. Not a CE but I wanted to share something special I received from my last deployment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

As I have the previous 6 years, treating today like a Federal Holiday, even if it means burning a Vacation Day for it.

e: To be clear, this is to avoid people saying "Thank you for your service."