Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Not any democrats I know. And not the ones in LA either given that they're candidate lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Puppy Galaxy posted:

the hayes man's LA city counsel candidate won, beating out an incumbent endorsed by Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi (which seems really weird for a city counsel race but what do I know). hollywood handbook is finally catching on

nithya HH episode when

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

What is it with some podcasts now being labeled as "Team Coco"? Is Conan taking over a chunk of Earwolf or something?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
When you invent podcasts you can do whatever you want.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
This is just a guess based on Dana saying no one's taking over her position, but like a lot of places that went to at home work I'm guessing it's just consolidating more podcasts under fewer producers.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Very smart stuff how the last two episodes of Threedom have started with ads for Threedom

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
This week's guest on Bonanas for Bonanza is really really bad.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't listened yet but it's weird they seem to be doing regular guests this season instead of characters (I guess it made sense with Dirk Blocker)

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Jeeze, not only did Scott have Aunty Donna on they did PIZZA MAN FROM SICILY

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I thought the BFB guest was great.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Body Snatchers is a great new addition to the BFB canon :colbert:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

This week's guest on Bonanas for Bonanza is really really bad.

agreed, this dude admitted he smothered his girlfriend to death because he thought she was a bodysnatcher. what the gently caress earwolf

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

They managed to make the Stitcher app EVEN WORSE. Can no longer sort my downloads by date, and fun bonus... pop up ads! loving hell.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

mennoknight posted:

I thought the BFB guest was great.

Yeah, obviously a fan and just rolling with it. I guess if you took his horrible opinions at face value rather than as a bit, you might not be a fan.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FitFortDanga posted:

They managed to make the Stitcher app EVEN WORSE. Can no longer sort my downloads by date, and fun bonus... pop up ads! loving hell.

I haven't downloaded it yet but they had made a thread on the earwolf reddit a couple months ago saying they knew people hated the app/asking everyone what they wanted from a redesign so I was expecting this version to be at least usable

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

eke out posted:

agreed, this dude admitted he smothered his girlfriend to death because he thought she was a bodysnatcher. what the gently caress earwolf

drat. Hope Joey Clift calls them out on this soon.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

FitFortDanga posted:

It's incredible how bad it is. I got a pop up during the set up process. I can't imagine how they could go in the opposite direction by so much

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Monetizing the app is exactly the reason they won’t offer official RSS feeds. It’s gross.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

The reality show show is still really good.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I didn't see this posted:

https://twitter.com/hamgabrus/status/1326636538520891394?s=20

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I got my ticket reserved. Can't wait to see what horror show happens this time with Wiger, Mitchell, Byer, and Gabrus live on camera drinking far too much 🤔

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

piratepilates posted:

I got my ticket reserved. Can't wait to see what horror show happens this time with Wiger, Mitchell, Byer, and Gabrus live on camera drinking far too much 🤔

Same. I grabbed my ticket immediately. It's a great line-up. I wish Drew Tarver did a live power hour episode.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I can't wait to find out what sort of surprising revelation Wiger brings to the table this time around.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Srice posted:

I can't wait to find out what sort of surprising revelation Wiger brings to the table this time around.

https://twitter.com/MarsMel/status/1199957952427245569?s=20

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I love this, and I love you.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My friends visited in February before everything went nuts and it was decided to do a power hour due to his love of those H&M episodes. Was a good laugh, especially as we'd been drinking all day anyway. One tapped one, the other two of us got through fine but the end of the evening was blurry. Would do again!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Excited to explain to my family "Sorry to stop socializing, I have to watch 6 people get drunk and curse profusely on a Zoom call."

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Consummate Professional posted:

yeah i've re-listened to it a couple times, it's a great show

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Consummate Professional posted:

Yes, it is. I know that it's been mentioned on here plenty....but the evolution from their first handful of episodes until their final episodes just shows how Hollywood Handbook came to be.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the npr flashback benghazi episode is still one of the funniest concepts

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

That one came up and I completely forgot about it and lost my poo poo.

Also the story about Sean getting a handjob in the Lourve by his theater teachers wife is wild

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I have a BMW, a Porsche, a Monster Truck, a house and THIRTY COMPANIES

SUCK MY DICK!

edit: A murdered-out BMW

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 15, 2020

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

A big beautiful baked patayta

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Brock Samson posted:

A big beautiful baked patayta

Goes good with lunchmeat (which is what these fools are)

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I’m reminded of The Professor and The Coyote way more often than you’d expect.

Back when their laser focused character work wasn’t just saved for Mack Weldon and Harry’s Razors ads.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Alright now I'm fully in an RSS re-listen

The Shark Tank guys who want to launch a nationwide franchise of wine cruises where they start by selling boats at a 400% markup ("WITH our business plan!") all to achieve an endgame of selling a frozen appetizer in grocery stores and opening an indoor boat ride in Vegas will never stop being hilarious to me. Especially when you hear them totally choke the second a Shark asks them "Wait...what about the pesto torte?"

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Scott made a good show that would have never gotten made in Australia because the only demographic that things are produced her for are for the over sixty market, grim realisation but maybe it'll be a teaching moment for production of poo poo domestically

https://twitter.com/IllyBocean/status/1328143177790853120

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Nov 16, 2020

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Hayes and Sean with a big opportunity doing the Gino Lombardo Wrap Up Show.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

RE: Talking Heads to me

Demi was a great guest, always good seeing him on things.

I watched American Utopia and initially wasn't sure to what degree I liked it, but I've been appreciating it a lot more after revisiting it here and there afterwards. There's a lot of excellent choreography and stagecraft happening. A lot of little things to appreciate sprinkled in too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga97sIZlr1c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Decided to give Stitcher Premium a try (used Stitcher like 7 years ago, but have been using Pocket Casts since) so I could listen to old HDTGM episodes.

Upgraded my account on the website, then I installed the app. Got an ad as soon as I signed in, and then realized the app isn't recognizing the Premium account. I spent four of my seven day trial arguing with support about it until they finally just made the app talk to the website.

Fine, now I have premium. I can listen ad free. So I go looking through podcasts and discover the app is absolute garbage. How did they manage to make it so much worse than it used to be? It's like they took everything bad from the HOWL app and crammed it into Stitcher.

Okay, fine, whatever...I'll use get the RSS feeds and load them into Pocket Casts. Oh, what's this? They don't support RSS feeds? Awesome. Great news.

What the gently caress is wrong with this company? What the hell happened to Earwolf?