Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait you can't use hdr on the x900e?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Wait you can't use hdr on the x900e?

You can. But you cant if you set the tv to 1440p/120

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Like one goon said earlier, the new controller is quite clicky. I hope it wears in and isn't so noticeable after a while.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Performed the ultimate test. The Series X is still a failure.

https://twitter.com/kaboobi/status/1326400773425688577?s=21

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kaboobi posted:

Performed the ultimate test. The Series X is still a failure.

https://twitter.com/kaboobi/status/1326400773425688577?s=21

Rip

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is there a way to dim the light on the controller? It’s a bit too bright imo.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want to try KOTOR 1/2 and Outrun 2 on it.
OutRun 2 isn't backwards compatible and probably never will be because Sega let the car licenses lapse and removed the later 360 game from sale years ago. Which is a bummer!

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Welp, filled up the 1 TB HDD part way through day 1. I should be more selective with my installs, but I was excited, damnit.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Hitman with quick resume is a must have so those took up like 200G, and Forza is like 100G with all the DLC. otherwise nothing huge for me so far. I don't care for CoD so that automatically gives me some wiggle room.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

American McGay posted:

If I had my way not only would game consoles not have web browsers but they wouldn't have media apps like YouTube and Netflix either. Get that poo poo out of here.

Bad opinion.

My ps4 is mostly used for Netflix.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Akuma posted:

OutRun 2 isn't backwards compatible and probably never will be because Sega let the car licenses lapse and removed the later 360 game from sale years ago. Which is a bummer!

That’s a shame. At least I still have my pc install.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ok I am seeing comparison videos of original Xbox and 360 games running on the Series X and is it dumb that the most impressive thing to me so far is that they managed to make old games look so good

Like I have never in my life bought an xbox but I really like that this could be an emulation box for every 3d console game.

I am thinking of getting one and literally just playing whatever is on gamepass and nothing else

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

John F Bennett posted:

Bad opinion.

My ps4 is mostly used for Netflix.

You forgot to include “and heat the Great Lakes region all winter.”

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Maybe you should do some dusting or allow more ventilation room?

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Dunno if anyone else caught it, but they added more Batista to Gears 5. You can now play the campaign as him and they re-recorded Marcus' lines with Big Dave. :krakken:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

lol who reported me for posting porrnhub on series x :cmon:

Played a lot more Valhalla and got to England etc and my enthusiasm is waning a bit. Might be a step down from Odyssey, but still too early.

Real hurthling! posted:

Idk i think exclusives are the only reason to dip into the console world
Like if fps on old games and web browsers were really important this whole thread would have saved and joined me on pc years ago :shrug:

PC gaming is just not an option. I can't sit at a desk anymore after work, and I tried a beast living room PC and it was more trouble than it was worth in my limited playing time, usually less than one hour per day for three days a week. I know of goons are flabbergasted by this, no need for barons cyber whatever to chime in again.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Nov 11, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ok I am seeing comparison videos of original Xbox and 360 games running on the Series X and is it dumb that the most impressive thing to me so far is that they managed to make old games look so good

Like I have never in my life bought an xbox but I really like that this could be an emulation box for every 3d console game.

I am thinking of getting one and literally just playing whatever is on gamepass and nothing else

Im biased, but this is basically why I own a Series X and why when I moved to japan I got rid of my PS4 but kept my One X. Game pass and its backwards compatibility is just really really good

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Detective No. 27 posted:

Are there any Series X enchantments to the Master Chief Collection?

Next week.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1318552751085920260?s=20

Destiny is also getting a 120FPS update for multiplayer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is there a way to dim the light on the controller? It’s a bit too bright imo.

I use tape over the logo because no

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1326480930555326469

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Xbong Series X.

I haven't seen yet: Do these things have external power bricks? Or is the PSU internal?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Internal power supply.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looks fake to me but stay safe polish xbox igniter

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
https://twitter.com/azizalrashed85/status/1326493484853977088?s=20

Obviously a vape but it is pretty funny.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I haven't played an EA sports game in years. Of the stuff available on Game Pass, is the latest Madden or NHL pretty good? All I care about is create-a-player career mode and whatever mode lets you play a regular season, so that card stuff and multiplayer doesn't matter.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
How did Sony manage to sabotage so many Xbox's.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I haven't played an EA sports game in years. Of the stuff available on Game Pass, is the latest Madden or NHL pretty good? All I care about is create-a-player career mode and whatever mode lets you play a regular season, so that card stuff and multiplayer doesn't matter.

That mode basically no longer gets updates. If you haven't played in years any one will do, but basically every single aspect of the sports yearly updates is Ultimate Team

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

"These people are beyond disgusting" is such a ridiculous overreaction.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its p gross to get vapor in there. Gonna condense all sticky

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Zat posted:

Have you seen people who vape?

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Anyone try the Series S out yet? My wife would be less mad at me if I got it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Barudak posted:

Im biased, but this is basically why I own a Series X and why when I moved to japan I got rid of my PS4 but kept my One X. Game pass and its backwards compatibility is just really really good

Maybe I will finally have an excuse to play the FF13 sequels. Those aren't on gamepass oddly enough even though FF15 and FF9 are (the ones more likely for people to actually want to pay money for)

Also like that they are giving free upgrades to older games to basically make them a full Series X game, last gen this is something they'd sell as another full price release

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:lol: I already ran out of space.

Well played Microsoft. Now I know what Games Pass has so many titles to push storage device sales. :golfclap:

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Don Lapre posted:

Sucks, when you force HDMI so you can get 1440p/120hz on tv's who dont have it in EDID (sony x900e) you cant enable hdr :(

I have to mess around with the settings because my x900e isn’t even recognizing hdr on Xbox

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elmon posted:

I have to mess around with the settings because my x900e isn’t even recognizing hdr on Xbox

What settings did you end up changing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anybody get a pingpong ball to float on their xsx fan yet?
https://twitter.com/RaveofRavendale/status/1326480885282058240?s=20
Pic looks faker than the smoke for sone reason tho

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

:lol: I already ran out of space.

Well played Microsoft. Now I know what Games Pass has so many titles to push storage device sales. :golfclap:

Remember though that you can plug in any old USB hard drive or SSD and use it for all the games that are not specifically Series X/S enhanced (and it works as cold storage for games that are).

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Zat posted:

you're surprised that a person who's twitter handle is Alexandre | Xbox Series is butthurt about a video that shows the Xbox in a bad light

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Got my Series X yesterday and set everything up. Fantastic job on packaging by Microsoft. It hates my receiver and refuses to output 4k@120hz so I'm going to go straight to the TV and use ARC I guess. Quick Resume didn't seem to work on a few games I looked at, particularly some BC games. The interface is OK, seems the same as the Xbox One UI from what I recall of the last update. New controller is fine if a bit clicky, especially the dpad. I think the middle buttons are clustered a bit close for my taste but I'll get used to it.

Tried to grab AC Valhalla but the store kept crashing to home screen, updated that then it was fine. Played a few Gamepass titles while waiting and it seems...fine I guess? I didn't notice an amazing difference or anything. Ori looked better and the framerate was good. Forza 3 was still beautiful but it was before too. Console itself is quiet and chunky, barely fit into my stand horizontally. Big improvement in loading times for several games, that was really the standout.

I don't know, I guess I'm adequately whelmed. It's a shame Microsoft launched this thing without any software because it makes it feel like a mid-cycle refresh instead of a launch. I think this is also due to the UI being pretty much the same, for a company that redid the Xbox One UI 5 times last gen I'm kinda surprised they went with the same ol' here. You can customize it a bit more than before but still has annoying unremovable sections on the home screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Is Star Wars Squadrons okay? Im hoping its somewhat casual compared to a real fligjt sim. I like the SW universe more than the average person but Im not an absolute fan boy.