Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

This probably ain't the place to have this conversation but there's a lot of ironic-left podcasts and media that drop slurs and fall back on "Well we're ironically doing it to make fun of the right"

The first result I found typing in "Cumtown Antisemitism" was some twitter callouts about them laughing at slurs in 2019 and a YouTube video highlight about "Chinese Jews lol" complete with really racist chinese accents

So yeah, maybe don't do ironic racism, you aren't owning the right by saying the same things actual racists say

That's exactly why Paradox LPs in the subforum had to start banning "ironic" racism/sexism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

It's exactly why Paradox had to institute a similar rule on their own forums.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

We don't need to do this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

We don't need to do this

we never do but it won't stop anyone

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Some people say they have one political belief but actually they're lying and using it as a shield to cover up for something else. That applies to pretty much every spot on the spectrum. There, we did it. That's pretty much the conversation.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

In this house we
stan stavros and
adam and we have
to tell our friends
that we dont find
nick that funny but
still follow him on
I n s t a g r a m

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

To try to get this back on track, the first 10 or so minutes of the Filthy Four Daily show is a good listen just to hear Tom's experience with Covid.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

yea ok posted:

In this house we
stan stavros and
adam and we have
to tell our friends
that we dont find
nick that funny but
still follow him on
I n s t a g r a m

Dave go on cum town

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I bought the Benoit ride the bowflex shirt

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

laughed out loud when Bryan got excited that they were gonna KILL THAT MOLE

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

RealFoxy posted:

This probably ain't the place to have this conversation but there's a lot of ironic-left podcasts and media that drop slurs and fall back on "Well we're ironically doing it to make fun of the right"

The first result I found typing in "Cumtown Antisemitism" was some twitter callouts about them laughing at slurs in 2019 and a YouTube video highlight about "Chinese Jews lol" complete with really racist chinese accents

So yeah, maybe don't do ironic racism, you aren't owning the right by saying the same things actual racists say
For the record: It was an episode—no idea which one or when—where they almost immediately went into some "Hebrew is just a bunch of phlegmy noises" poo poo, and it devolved from there. It was the beginning of the end of me listening to Chapo, too, because of their overlap and becoming increasingly attuned to their reliance on similar edgelord poo poo.

BACK TO WRESTLING:

I watched the first entry in the "Conversations with Conrad" series on AdFreeShows, with Jim Herd. (Disclaimer: I did some of the research work for Conrad on this one.) As long as you know going in that you're watching an interview with an 88 year old man, it's quite good. There are some questions where he doesn't give especially good answers, but overall, his memory is excellent, especially on the bigger stuff. The highlight might be when Conrad was asking about Flair being ousted in 1991 and how Luger's contract related to that: When Conrad gives the figure for Luger being reported at the time, Herd gets agitated for the only time in the whole interview and interrupts to say that "Lex NEVER got more than [$]240[,000/year]! Never!"

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

cumtown is a rather disgusting name

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb posted:

We don't need to do this

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Please stop having an argument that isn't even about wrestling podcasts

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Raffles posted:

cumtown is a rather disgusting name

It is, it's horrid. Why's it called that?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

don't know

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I remember when cum town started getting popular enough for me to know about it there was also a popular podcast called poo poo town and I recall wondering what the heck was going on in society.

WOR is Um Town

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

WOR is Um Town

The only worthwhile post of this discussion

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hahahaha

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

WOR is Um Town

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

eat my fuc

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

WOR is Um Town

There we got one good post the derail can end now

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Wrestling Podcasts: WOR is Um Town

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I remember when cum town started getting popular enough for me to know about it there was also a popular podcast called poo poo town and I recall wondering what the heck was going on in society.

WOR is Um Town

Lol God dang

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1326746023700570113?s=20

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

ICHIBAHN posted:

what swastika flag poo poo?

Correction: SS flag.

Brace and Dasha of Red Scare.

That said, again, I don't think that Brace is anti-semitic.

However, the notion that he can't be because he is Jewish is silly. Two words: Stephen Miller.

collocation fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 12, 2020

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
seems pretty conclusively antisemitic tbh. poo poo Town was a brilliant show btw, highly recommended

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please take it to PMs

posted in the wrong thread. Disregard

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Nov 12, 2020

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

NienNunb posted:

We don't need to do this

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Eat My Fuc posted:

WOR is Um Town

:eyepop:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

END

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

WOR is Um Town
Lol

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

davidbix posted:

Cumtown, for one.
I'd say Red Scare is the other one too, anything involving Aimee Terese, but this is also just getting to more bad "leftists"/class reductionists

Brace is cool met him at DSA convention last year and was too nervous/anxiety ridden from the convention beyond small conversation (see also me meeting Tim Faust at a PGH DSA meeting in like 2017)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Any further posts in this derail get a sixer

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Todays WOR is just like 10-15 mins of the greatest roddy piper stories.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I hope it's OK to say that the episode is pretty good so far, and it's a positive that these things that every fan knows are being exposed to people who don't follow wrestling.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Piper story was already incredible and I can't believe Dave was holding back for ~20 years.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Brace's reaction to John Arezzi's story and to Cole's complaint against Garvin are incredibly, darkly funny. I listened to the first half of the show on the way to work and it is well worth your time if you are only vaguely familiar with the topic or just didn't really know about it at all.

We'll have an interview with Bix up I guess next week since posting it now seems like way too much sex abuse for one week.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The Piper story was already incredible and I can't believe Dave was holding back for ~20 years.

I swear to god he's told this story before. Obviously Bryan has told the Piper stories but I am almost positive I've heard this one before. But there's so many Piper/Bryan/Dave stories that maybe I am conflating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Midweek Talk N Shop entitled "Karl Anderson Comes Clean" :rolleyes: