Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

punk rebel ecks posted:

I wonder what Joe Biden will do...

https://youtu.be/hzGO4pMUKYM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
WE BEAT OUR ALL TIME RECORD! BY +50%! OPEN UP

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Succbot Circlejerk posted:

Every single member of Biden's Health Transition Team is a former CIA agent except for one lady who is former FBI and is part of the National Intelligence Task Force. A little over a dozen of them. And not a single one has anything healthcare or health policy related listed in their bio. :-/

I wonder what's going on there. Ones security for Disney another is corporate intelligence for Uber. Super duper weird. I wonder what the logic is behind that...

Maybe they discovered that the coronavirus has rich oil deposits...?

Tbf the absolutely worst possible option would be any health care execs considering how loving vile this country's health care system is. They'd spend the entire term walling m4a in the cask of amontillado so it could never happen. Actually health care practitioners are likewise terrible choices as they have no relatable skillsets to the implementation of public health administration. See Ben carson.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Every single member of Biden's Health Transition Team is a former CIA agent except for one lady who is former FBI and is part of the National Intelligence Task Force. A little over a dozen of them. And not a single one has anything healthcare or health policy related listed in their bio. :-/

I wonder what's going on there. Ones security for Disney another is corporate intelligence for Uber. Super duper weird. I wonder what the logic is behind that...

Maybe they discovered that the coronavirus has rich oil deposits...?

where is this coming from?

This is the list I found for his COVID team:

quote:

David Kessler, co-chair, former FDA commissioner

Marcella Nunez-Smith, co-chair, Yale associate dean for health equity research

Vivek Murthy, co-chair, former surgeon general

Luciana Borio, former assistant FDA commissioner

Rick Bright, former BARDA director

Zeke Emanuel, former Obama administration health policy adviser

Atul Gawande, Brigham and Women’s hospital professor of surgery

Celine Gounder, NYU Grossman School of Medicine assistant professor

Dr. Julie Morita, former Chicago public health commissioner

Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota

Loyce Pace, executive director of the Global Health Council

Dr. Robert Rodriguez, UCSF emergency medicine professor

Eric Goosby, former Ryan White Care Act director

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Health Transition Team

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

lol diblasio is announcing that bars, restaurants and gyms must close after 10pm

hahhahaha it's spring all over again, we learned nothing

god it’s about to get a lot worse real quick

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Doctors Allowed

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Didn't go to a chud gathering last week, turns out one immunocompromised family member lied to me about getting the flu vaccine before going to Florida and I yelled at them about it. Now I have him and other chud family texting me saying they got the flu vaccine and therefore I should come visit because "they're now immune".

I then explained they're not immune to COVID, the flu shot takes 2 weeks to take effect, and no I'm still not visiting.

Why are they so dumb

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
why is everybody so god drat loving stupid

was on a call earlier with a sales dude I work with and he zoomed me from a loving Starbucks in a grocery store and of course he was maskless and "needed to get out of the house". THEN, my kids' mom asked if I could take them to a loving BIRTHDAY PARTY this weekend at an indoor trampoline park but hey it's okay as "it will be small and they will wear masks". Had to respond with a "No, absolutely not" and it astounds me that there are people STILL with the lack of cognitive thought process to just stay the gently caress home.

It's just endlessly confusing how conditioned people are to force through their way of life regardless of the consequences on others.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Crazypoops posted:

Lol as soon as something isn't a big screen TV or a smart phone these companies logistics snap like a twig

Amazon tried to deliver groceries instead of useless crap and they immediately gave up and bought whole foods, a tree fell down on one of the truck routes to the wm near me and the store was empty in a day

*sotto voice* just in tiiiiiiime logistics!

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Seeing how Biden is going hard against M4A, it makes sense to fill your team full of CIA in order to completely stop it in its track during his term.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does getting the flu shot help against da roni

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Taintrunner posted:

god it’s about to get a lot worse real quick

We're stuck in a car parked in neutral facing up a hill and things are starting to go past but we cant see behind us.

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Ok here's the DHHS transition team from his website. Way more than 12 people and lots of health policy experience for the random names I've checked. Every google result is just the COVID team, which has a number of doctors and infectious disease experts.

Like I don't trust Biden either but I honestly can't find what everyone is referencing with the "they're all CIA" posts.

quote:

Name Most Recent Employment Source of Funding
Chiquita Brooks-LaSure, Team Lead Manatt, Phelps and Phillips, LLP Volunteer
Robert Gordon, Team Lead State of Michigan, Department of Health & Human Services Volunteer
Kathryn Alvarez The Aspen Institute Volunteer
John Auerbach Trust for America’s Health Volunteer
Lisa Barclay Boies Schiller Flexner, LLP Volunteer
Jonathan Blum Health Management Associates Volunteer
Lu Borio In-Q-Tel Volunteer
Perrie Briskin University of California, Berkeley Volunteer
Ken Choe Hogan Lovells, LLP Volunteer
Henry Claypool Self-employed Volunteer
Jose Cordero University of Georgia Volunteer
Sarah Despres Pew Charitable Trusts Volunteer
Eliot Fishman Families USA Volunteer
Cristal Gary AMITA Health Volunteer
Mina Hsiang Devoted Health Volunteer
Tom Inglesby Johns Hopkins University Volunteer
David C. Kaslow PATH Volunteer
Natalie Kates Alloy Volunteer
Jeremy Konyndyk Center for Global Development Volunteer
Anna Martinez State of New Jersey, Department of Children and Families, Division on Women Volunteer
Sarah Nolan Service Employees International Union Volunteer
Yngvild Olsen Institutes for Behavior Resources, Inc. Volunteer
Edwin Park Georgetown University Volunteer
Sharon Parrott Center on Budget and Policy Priorities Volunteer
Chuck Peck Guidehouse, Inc. Volunteer
Anne Reid Co-Equal Volunteer
Geoff Roth Self-employed Volunteer
Meena Seshamani MedStar Health Volunteer
Cyrus Shahpar Resolve to Save Lives, an initiative of Vital Strategies Volunteer
Mary Wakefield University of Texas at Austin Volunteer

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mobile.twitter.com/kgosztola/status/1326387811348574214

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Taintrunner posted:

probably not, but it helps against the flu

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know how to Twitter go to the top of the thread

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Taintrunner posted:

maybe??

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Just like climate change, Biden will say "he listens to scientists" but then will just ignore everything they say in favor of the ECONOMY

on the flu shot stuff: I wonder if its more correlation because the kind of person who gets their flu shot tends to be more conscience about spreading illness in the first place and probably follows all guidelines possible.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i mean you should be getting it anyway, and as a bonus maybe it helps?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
lmao this is so useless

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1326623538158034944?s=20

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

I'd sell, and then put it forward to the public as a reward for whoever manages to place into prison at long last one Hillary Rodham Clinton

Agreed

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
more halfassery

https://mobile.twitter.com/BlockClubCHI/status/1326603378189885441

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

can someone recommend a decent half mask + filters? I am trying to do research but my kids are swarming me atm, and I'm concerned about accidentally buying something that won't actually protect me that much

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

You don't want to get the flu and the roni at the same time.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

do you mean the team for Health and Human Services? that one is being led by a lady that helped implement the ACA provisions at HHS. she also worked in insurance oversight for Medicare and Medicaid.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Spime Wrangler posted:

Ok here's the DHHS transition team from his website. Way more than 12 people and lots of health policy experience for the random names I've checked. Every google result is just the COVID team, which has a number of doctors and infectious disease experts.

Like I don't trust Biden either but I honestly can't find what everyone is referencing with the "they're all CIA" posts.

I can't speak to the rest of them but In-Q-Tel is literally the CIA's pet tech VC fund.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

why is 10pm the magic time all these useless cuck governors have decided covid suddenly reads its ugly head

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

ATP_Power posted:

I can't speak to the rest of them but In-Q-Tel is literally the CIA's pet tech VC fund.

Yeah of course the CIA's bioterrorism people are going to be involved. But this claim that there are no doctors and no health experts and it's just intelligence agency people all the way down has been going around for a couple days.

There is and will be plenty of legitimately awful poo poo biden and his people do, there's no need to make things up.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Wamsutta posted:

why is 10pm the magic time all these useless cuck governors have decided covid suddenly reads its ugly head

it looks like they’re doing something but minimally impacts the businesses’ bottom lines

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spime Wrangler posted:

Yeah of course the CIA's bioterrorism people are going to be involved. But this claim that there are no doctors and no health experts and it's just intelligence agency people all the way down has been going around for a couple days.

There is and will be plenty of legitimately awful poo poo biden and his people do, there's no need to make things up.

It was all they listed as of last night.

But don't let that get in the way of your smug.

Maybe it was a website error or oversight.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

it looks like they’re doing something but minimally impacts the businesses’ bottom lines

CT said 9:30 but recanted to 10 not even a day later to appease the petty tyrant small business owners lmao

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Wamsutta posted:

10pm is when fullservice restaurants see a massive drop off in non-bar business.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Health Transition Team is there to oversee the building of the health team, which is to say ensure ideological purity among eventual picks. This is why they're using spooks, who are trained in identifying the correct psychological profile of obedience to the status quo. Not a single person picked will be without a reason to maintain the state in it's current form lol

Also expect more head scratching poo poo like this because Bidens transition team was over a thousand people 3 months ago and its doubtless WAY bigger now

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

It was all they listed as of last night.

But don't let that get in the way of your smug.

Maybe it was a website error or oversight.

I'm not trying to be smug, I just started looking and literally couldn't find anything except people here saying "they're all CIA" and news articles from two days ago listing the COVID team I posted earlier.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i wonder if there's a correlation between people who bother getting a flu shot and those who are more diligent with their PPE and cleaning processes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also hearing rumors of enhanced covid measures coming down from above in Indiana, likely this weekend. Here comes the pain once again baby awwoooooo

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spime Wrangler posted:

I'm not trying to be smug, I just started looking and literally couldn't find anything except people here saying "they're all CIA" and news articles from two days ago listing the COVID team I posted earlier.

I know you say you're not trying to be smug but there's no reason to make things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Penisaurus Sex posted:

10pm is when fullservice restaurants see a massive drop off in non-bar business.

in NY Cuomo has explicitly been trying to assuage the hospitality/restuarant industry lobbyists who're loving livid that most of the businesses they represent are gonna be bankrupt by february