Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Stormgale posted:

So, Expansion bad?

We'll know for sure next week when the season event starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If Shadowkeep exceeded your expectations, Beyond Light will meet them.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What's Destiny's bang-for-buck ratio compared to FFXIV? The steam-page says it's an MMO so by gently caress I'll compare them.

As a sick person I am currently playing both. Someone help me :(

Destiny is prettier environments, FFXIV has better music - gameplay too different to be compared.

(Blight is good)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If Shadowkeep exceeded your expectations, Beyond Light will meet them.

Oh No.

Oh Nooooooooooooo

Pretend I found the Clip of the nerd guy saying that.

TheKeeper
Jul 18, 2003

Quantum Shit
Apologies if this has been asked ad nauseum, but are there any good PVE-leaning clans out there looking for peeps? Myself and two other goons (Savinwraith and XBlade) are looking for a more active clan than the random one we hooked up with.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

what does the focused fire thing from the catalyst on cerberus+1 do, besides slow my rof?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I quite like this expansion. I'm not a fan of certain parts of it, but there is a lot of stuff to do int his first week and it doesn't seem like it'll abate any time soon.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

TheKeeper posted:

Apologies if this has been asked ad nauseum, but are there any good PVE-leaning clans out there looking for peeps? Myself and two other goons (Savinwraith and XBlade) are looking for a more active clan than the random one we hooked up with.

Check out the discords in the OP. Serious Overchill is the main one and we do basically everything in the game.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
https://twitter.com/Nyarbon_dioxide/status/1320033611043622912?s=20

weapons factory mission was amazing.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

tlk t cmmndr zvl

New New Light experience is good. Billions times better than the old one. Still could be better.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

what does the focused fire thing from the catalyst on cerberus+1 do, besides slow my rof?

less spread, slower rof

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Expansion is fine, it's more destiny. If you liked destiny before you'll like this. If you're jaded and bitter that the game doesn't suck your dick or lick your clit every release, you'll hate it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

lol I JUST finished grinding 1200 on all my characters

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1326680848687489024

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

Expansion is fine, it's more destiny. If you liked destiny before you'll like this. If you're jaded and bitter that the game doesn't suck your dick or lick your clit every release, you'll hate it.

No it's literally Less Destiny

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

There's definitely something more to come, since it seems like we only get one of 2 stasis aspects right now? (and I assume there might be more then that.)

Also, once you get an aspect, you can get weekly quests for fragments, with a choice between vanguard, gambit and crucible.

The Vanguard ones feel like they're gonna be grindy. Have to be done in strikes, and one of my reqs needs champions. (90 Super Final Blows, 80 Shatter Final Blows, 35 Stasis Melee Kills) and (100 Solar Final, 10 Champions Defeated with Stasis, 50 Slowed Combatants Defeated)

Roman posted:

ah yes, typical bungie "literally tripping over our own dick to rush to fix things that slightly benefit the player in unintended ways."
Glad I got my alts to 1200 earlier today.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://twitter.com/AyyItsChevy/status/1326669645886140417?s=20

https://twitter.com/Gladd/status/1326672912623996928?s=20

https://twitter.com/Gothalion/status/1326674942658752515?s=20

https://twitter.com/ZkMushroom/status/1326677344501850115?s=20

Yikes

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Roman posted:

lmfao fun detected everyone

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Oxyclean posted:

Also, once you get an aspect, you can get weekly quests for fragments, with a choice between vanguard, gambit and crucible.

The Vanguard ones feel like they're gonna be grindy. Have to be done in strikes, and one of my reqs needs champions. (90 Super Final Blows, 80 Shatter Final Blows, 35 Stasis Melee Kills) and (100 Solar Final, 10 Champions Defeated with Stasis, 50 Slowed Combatants Defeated)

pick carefully, because if you change your mind and abandon, you can't get a new one

:shepicide:

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Oxyclean posted:

Glad I got my alts to 1200 earlier today.

Holy poo poo lol, same

Oxyclean posted:

There was like an absolute poo poo ton of news and talk about how stuff was being removed and lots of "get poo poo done before the expansion!!!" :v:

On a similar note, with the whipser and ZH missions gone, I looked at my catalyst progress for whatever reason:

ZH's SIVA particulate requirement is straight gone, you just need 500 precision kills (I just got the catalyst) but Whisper's will just be unobtainable until they bring it back or do something, I guess.

Huge win here because I gave up on the OB catalyst due to the god drat jumping section of the quest.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Streamers mad about getting clowned on? Best update ever

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Fuckers have already nerfed that widows walk thing. Put my 1200 guns on my warlock alt and figured I'd be able to grind the remaining ~80 odd light quickly this morning. Did one run and got a purple and a blue, figured everything was still ok. Did another 7 runs after that and not a single item from either the boss, his adds, nor the cache.

Oh well at least my titan is 1200 and warlock is now at 1150 so that's good.

Edit: helps if I notice that was already posted earlier this page

aejix fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 12, 2020

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

You say yikes but all of those people are people whose opinions and efforts actively make the game worse so they must suffer imho

Except chevy I guess, I dunno who the gently caress that is

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Very American mindset in here of "as long as the people I hate are suffering it is GOOD that I am suffering too"

My buddy Sean/another fairly popular streamer wants to speak his mind too but he literally can't write anything disparaging about Destiny, as a result of them putting his likeness in game. Honestly I'd take that trade too but it's funny listening to him rage in the group chat and know he's gonna have to put out glowing reviews

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I'm not playing PvP yet so I'm not suffering :smugdog:

(This post is 100% self aware about the completion of that metaphor)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh cool, Hallowed Lair still doesn't give any bounty progress during the boss fight. Why couldn't this shithole have been vaulted?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Oh cool, Hallowed Lair still doesn't give any bounty progress during the boss fight. Why couldn't this shithole have been vaulted?

It gave me stasis progress on enemies but not progress towards my NTTE catalyst :v:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Yeah, Stasis in PvP is a joke. Run Stasis or get mercied every game. It's definitely broken.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i am enjoying the tears of pvp streamers because seriously go play a better game what are you even doing, but also, i hope they nerf stasis to fix stuff

would be the most bungie thing to just leave it broken as poo poo for 3 months though

(actually the most bungie thing would be to just disable stasis in pvp for a season)

e: also, while i'm not that annoyed by the lack of new loot, it is super loving funny to me that they managed to sunset every (?) legendary machine gun and then had daily machine gun bounties on both europa and gunsmith

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 12, 2020

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RocketRaygun posted:

Yeah, Stasis in PvP is a joke. Run Stasis or get mercied every game. It's definitely broken.

this does not sound like a good expansion

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

e: also, while i'm not that annoyed by the lack of new loot, it is super loving funny to me that they managed to sunset every (?) legendary machine gun and then had daily machine gun bounties on both europa and gunsmith

The seraph MG is still active.

It's not a GOOD MG, but it's there.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

abraham linksys posted:

Beyond Light added a 900 RPM LMG. It's real good.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Psycho Landlord posted:

You take that back right now, Seraphim SAW is a fantastic murderball dispenser.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Very American mindset in here of "as long as the people I hate are suffering it is GOOD that I am suffering too"

My buddy Sean/another fairly popular streamer wants to speak his mind too but he literally can't write anything disparaging about Destiny, as a result of them putting his likeness in game. Honestly I'd take that trade too but it's funny listening to him rage in the group chat and know he's gonna have to put out glowing reviews

How does this work, like they signed a contract? That's loving dumb lol.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Psycho Landlord posted:

lol look at this person who actually played the seraph tower season

(:negative:)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Fly Molo posted:

this does not sound like a good expansion
for me Crucible does not exist. and it's been the trend that recent "kill X guardians" quest steps have also allowed it in Gambit which is far more tolerable (assuming you only play for quests and bounties and don't really care about winning). so none of it will matter to people like me

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

lol look at this person who actually played the seraph tower season

(:negative:)

Lol if you think I would skip Rasputin's Big Adventure

...:negative:

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

lol, stasis finally making crucible tolerable. its funny because gladd isnt even a good at crucible

Bideo James fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 12, 2020

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

In general if you're pissing off the people who take the game the most seriously, you did a good thing.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

it hasnt even been a full 48 hours and the most mediocre of streamers and twitter destiny people are complaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

xzzy posted:

In general if you're pissing off the people who take the game the most seriously, you did a good thing.

I don't know why Gladd or Gothalion care about Stasis in PVP. They play PVE 99% of the time anyway.