Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Mill Village posted:

I don't know why Gladd or Gothalion care about Stasis in PVP. They play PVE 99% of the time anyway.

its because theyre "famous streamers"

theyre mad because they cant get carried in Trials anymore

so far my favorite thing about Stasis in Crucible/Gambit is whiffing with Titan melee, or getting a connection, only to launch the player to the other side of the map with 0 damage and they headshot me with a sniper in response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

:thunk:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/314776725911240704/776265877951610920/Boing_IQ.mp4

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
ZkMushroom is the only name in there that I recognize who actually PvPs

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh neat, there's still the bug where you can a crucible match that doesn't count for anything.

e: Also, you can be a "pve person" and still think stasis in pvp is bad lol. The game makes you play pvp plenty, you don't gotta be a no-lifer trials sweathard to think stuns in pvp aren't fun.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Some crazy cope is going down in this thread

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

*introducing a new layer of complexity to the game* uhhhhhhhh what the gently caress?! how is this supposed to be playable? *spends less than 20 minutes with it* THIS IS BUSTED WHAT THE gently caress

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

My biggest complaint with Stasis right now is breaking yourself out of it is assigned to your class ability key and not interact. Mashing V is kinda awkward.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I am going to hazard a guess that both "stasis is OP" and "Gladd and Goth still suck at everything" are simultaneously true

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
You can just hold the key down! It took me until the final boss battle of the campaign to realize that :v:

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

yeah it should say HOLD *class ability* instead of PRESS. Because it makes it seems like I need to make it, not hold it.

They have the idea that you can shake free of CC early, but it doesnt work this way. This is key to tuning right now.

Also you can shoot at your own crystals to deal AOE damage.

V Season officially kicks off next week with an activity and missions

Bideo James fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 12, 2020

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
cool expansion. stasis is very cool and the story and missions were very fun. way better than shadowkeep and i thought shadowkeep was decent.

not going to pull the trigger on the seasons yet 'cause by the time season of arrival rolled around I was completely burnt out on filling out the track.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I remember Goth and company "unhappy leaving" when they tried to pretend they were good against the Titanfall crew here and got wrecked so astonishingly badly that suddenly they all dropped mid match!

memories :allears:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gladd and the PvE players are fuming because they can't just casually play pvp to 1230 for World's First next weekend.

Also lol https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1326713187861893122?s=20

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Psion posted:

I remember Goth and company "unhappy leaving" when they tried to pretend they were good against the Titanfall crew here and got wrecked so astonishingly badly that suddenly they all dropped mid match!

who

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Scyantific posted:

Gladd and the PvE players are fuming because they can't just casually play pvp to 1230 for World's First next weekend.

Also lol https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1326713187861893122?s=20

this is why those streamers were losing pvp btw, its not stasis

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Stasis in pvp seems pretty lovely. It is still lovely even if it makes your least favorite streamer mad.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If you had witherhoard equipped when they locked it, you're 1240. Picked up some blues and sealed the deal :discourse:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Lol the witherhoard thing explains so much about the last couple days of gambit for me

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mill Village posted:

My biggest complaint with Stasis right now is breaking yourself out of it is assigned to your class ability key and not interact. Mashing V is kinda awkward.

The game told me to hold it

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Fly Molo posted:

this does not sound like a good expansion

The expansion is fine honestly. I really like parts of it, but some bits I do not like. Silence and Squall, i thought, was a really bad super... then I realized I was using it entirely wrong and now I think it's actually the best super in the game due to the ice tornado just being a loving owning storm of damage and murder.

The expansion is, overall, good. There are parts that are not good. Stasis in PvP is not good. It's extremely bad. But PvP is not why I play the game so I can just do it for my powerfuls and ignore it, like I've always done.

Stuff like the Empire hunts are cool. The post-story stuff is a lot to do and it's not all busywork. There are a lot of random story missions you just get dropped into, and I'm pretty sure i found a spot that is a loading hallway with a rock in it to block going through it because whatever is back there is either time gated or we haven't triggered whatever unlocks it.

RocketRaygun fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 12, 2020

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Fly Molo posted:

this does not sound like a good expansion

brain worms

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Was anyone else fortunate enough to have it equipped when they locked it? Couple quick lost sectors to nab blues at 1240 and we are through with that mess for the season!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Psion posted:

Titanfall vets are a strange, terrifying breed. I know better than to challenge their kind.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Was anyone else fortunate enough to have it equipped when they locked it? Couple quick lost sectors to nab blues at 1240 and we are through with that mess for the season!

I did. Used it to take out a meatball spawn.

Then I took it off to see if I could put it back on :v:

Then I saw your post :negative:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Wait is poweful cap 1240 and pinnacle cap 1250?

Cause that makes the 1280 master sector look even stupider.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hi just FYI you can hit F12 or PtrtScn to take a screenshot, don't need to grab your phone or whatever lol.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

VodeAndreas posted:

Hi just FYI you can hit F12 or PtrtScn to take a screenshot, don't need to grab your phone or whatever lol.

You can tell by the strange orb on the screen that they are playing with a controller, and thus, console. Unless PC has controller support?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

You can tell by the strange orb on the screen that they are playing with a controller, and thus, console. Unless PC has controller support?

sorry i must have clicked on the wrong thread my bad!

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

PC has controller support.

It still doesn't have bloom on weapons though so apparently it plays weird.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

The game told me to hold it

I somehow missed that and somebody told me about it and now its not so annoying.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Stormgale posted:

Oh No.

Oh Nooooooooooooo

Pretend I found the Clip of the nerd guy saying that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2Cf-6vKVWg

Roman posted:

lol I JUST finished grinding 1200 on all my characters

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1326680848687489024

hosed up that when something negatively affects the players it goes unaddressed for who knows how long but when players find ways to bypass the grind the devs swoop in as soon as possible.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

I figured this morning there was no way they'd fix it on a stat holiday

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Our 6 stack with nearly all witherhoards bullied some pubbies hard.

Stasis is fine in PvP. It's no more broken then spectral or nova warp imo

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Bideo James posted:

this is why those streamers were losing pvp btw, its not stasis

Non lovely PvP streamers are complaining about it too.

>1sec stun with <1sec TTK and one shots is loving stupid. Especially when stuns have auto aim and work cross map.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Psion posted:

Was it live

Can I still see it somewhere

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol my highest light weapon atm is the Khvostov

Put the exotic ak back in Bungie

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ok, just played against a team of stasis players. It's bullshit (technically pay to win bullshit since you need Beyond Light) and needs to be banned from Crucible.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Kingnothing posted:

Non lovely PvP streamers are complaining about it too.

>1sec stun with <1sec TTK and one shots is loving stupid. Especially when stuns have auto aim and work cross map.

so much cooler than the peek and snipe meta.

before BL launch i was put in matches againts Gladd multiple times in Gambit and he was being carried extemely hard for "triumph hunting" while streaming.

Dudes a paid streamer, thats about it GAMERFUEL BROTHERS

right now pvp streamers are mad that their sniping lanes are being blocked, this is the good thing.

Bideo James fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 12, 2020

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Bideo James posted:

so much cooler than the peek and snipe meta.

before BL launch i was put in matches againts Gladd multiple times in Gambit and he was being carried extemely hard for "triumph hunting" while streaming.

Dudes a paid streamer, thats about it GAMERFUEL BROTHERS

right now pvp streamers are mad that their sniping lanes are being blocked, this is the good thing.

Lol imagine being so bad at a video game that you derive joy from streamers being mad about something unrelated to you.

Am I bad?

No, it’s the lanes I keep walking into that are the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Horsebanger posted:

Our 6 stack with nearly all witherhoards bullied some pubbies hard.

Stasis is fine in PvP. It's no more broken then spectral or nova warp imo

oh yeah this looks fine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN_1689Od0g