Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Erulisse posted:

I thought the reddit thread about hywanto mining in a rorq was a meme joke fleet...

lol nope. we're mining away and making a killing tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Lowsec would be fun if gate camping was not possible. The last lowsec gatecamp I ran into was freaking hecates.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Jazerus posted:

lowsec varies a lot depending on which bubble of lowsec you are actually in. the attraction of the FW areas is obviously FW. some places are areas that highsec haulers might cut through if they're feeling saucy - once upon a time, long long ago before nullsec really got off the ground, those systems were where the "drat i want to play that game" stories were made, but modern haulers are a deeply risk-averse bunch so good luck even getting a shot at an old-style pirate encounter. idk maybe with niarja triangled out of existence there will be a window of opportunity to play pirate on impatient jita-amarr travelers

some are pipes into null, which have the obvious attraction of providing opportunities to bust open a juicy astero on its way back from exploring, but a canny explorer can now filament out into null, fill up on loot, filament into pochven, and then filament to a minor victory system to avoid these pipes entirely.

some are just in the middle of nowhere and are safe enough to do highsec-esque things in but with a higher payout. there are more of these now since the triangle men busted some 0.5s down to lowsec status. lowsec is good for mining now i guess and these are the places to do it if you feel the need.

the shirtless bling days of lowsec are gone, at least for now. it pawned the bling and shaved its chest hair in highly questionable ways

I spent my first 5 years in eve as a low-sec pirate. The advantages of that lifestyle were:

1. Everyone was afraid of your flashy status;
2. Small gang warfare, where with some exceptions, you could have a fight with no dangers of escalations via hot drops(not so true anymore);
3. Killing the high sec pubbies who wandered into low-sec with their blinged mission running ships;
4. No bubbles—you don’t have to worry one bit about flying a frigate with high grade slaves in your head;
5. THE NUMBER ONE ADVANTAGE of low-sec—the hate mail. The flowing of pubbie tears right into your evemail box was glorious.

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

iospace posted:

The hilarious thing is Fozzie Sov is pretty much what Goons more or less wanted. Or at the very least, key features are part of it.

It's not all bad, it's just that the problems outweigh the good. Also as per usual CCP left it to rot since adding it.

Things such as the best defence strategy being to not defend it really kill it. Keepstars are the nails in its coffin too.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

This is where I'm largely at. I did null for about a month or two. It wasn't fun for me. W-space is usually 15-20 man fleets at most, most of the time (unless you're HK or Hawks with 9001 alts and nerds sitting around all day krabbing so you can form 100 lokis at a moment's notice). It's a raider lifestyle, and it's super fun.

I would probably go to low if I moved out of w-space, honestly.

I joined a random wormhole corp and so far it's much more fun than being in null. The one I'm in usually just has 5 or 10 on at a time which seems like a good size to get people to actually fight you and it's fun to try to get actually good at the game instead of just orbiting some anchor. But I haven't played there long enough to deal with the 100 Loki guys yet so maybe that will change.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
finally saw some action with my corp in a CTA fleet defending a structure. I am still learning so took a 1.1mil griffin and got on a 1.3bil bhaalgorn kill mail. That was a fun experience :D

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I joined a random wormhole corp and so far it's much more fun than being in null. The one I'm in usually just has 5 or 10 on at a time which seems like a good size to get people to actually fight you and it's fun to try to get actually good at the game instead of just orbiting some anchor. But I haven't played there long enough to deal with the 100 Loki guys yet so maybe that will change.

It's not a matter of being "good enough" to survive the 100 T3 cruiser gang that shows up out of nowhere. You need people scouting to evade them, not alt accounts. Someone on site slamming the d-scan button and someone cloaked some distance away from every active wormhole watching the wormhole for activity. When I lived in w-space for a few years you get alot of ganking attempts and alot of successful ganks against you. It's annoying to lose expensive stuff so try not to fly expensive stuff unless it's a fleet activity.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Pretty girls guarding Helm's Deep

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Pretty girls guarding Helm's Deep

I'm loving this gatecamp nonsense

My Hyena has been webbing and painting all of the things

Sure it's no 5200mm scanres Stiletto but holy moly this is fun

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
sebo'd claw is best

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
so like can anyone just go grab the ESS loot? What's the space edicate there?

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Stereotype posted:

The main bank pays out every few hours; that's what the progress bar is for. No clue about the jackpot.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Stereotype posted:

It’s considered goon loving if you do it in our space. But please do it in oasa or esoteria!

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

Phlegmish posted:

I was just thinking of something, the link to get 1 million SP for free when you make a new account, will that work for my second account? Because it would be super useful.

If you are creating a second account use a friend invite from your existing account to generate it (login to your account page on the main eveonline website and generate a buddy invite from there).. Not only do you get the free skillpoints on the new account, but you'll also get stuff on your main account when you create the second account, and also more free stuff if/when you turn it into omega.
I messed up doing that with one of my accounts, but raised a ticket with CCP, asked nicely if they could fix my cockup, and they then linked them so I got the bonuses anyway.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Gatecamp is going well

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Solus posted:

Bubbles everywhere!

What the hell is happening here?

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

SugarAddict posted:

What the hell is happening here?

The goon favorite past time of hellcamping.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
How do I not die in lowsec? I can never figure out the rules. When can I shoot people and when can't I?

How do I kill people and not get concorded?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Warrior Princess posted:

The goon favorite past time of helldickcamping.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

yoloer420 posted:

How do I not die in lowsec? I can never figure out the rules. When can I shoot people and when can't I?

There is no Concord in lowsec. There are gate and station guns. As soon as you aggro (without provocation) on a non-outlaw player character, you're flagged and the gate guns will fire on you until you wait out your timer. If you aggro again during that time the counter will reset.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

yoloer420 posted:

you can shoot people if they shoot you first, or if you shoot them first you lose sec status + gate guns will shoot you

there is no concord in lowsec

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Right, so I can do whatever I want as long as I don't go near gates or stations before the timer expires?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

yoloer420 posted:

Right, so I can do whatever I want as long as I don't go near gates or stations before the timer expires?

Correct. Don't forget about the weapon aggression timer as well. It's a sixty second countdown during which time you can't "change session," that being docking or using a gate. It's been a while, but I think this might even apply if you're shooting in self-defense, it just wouldn't result in sec loss or the gate guns lighting you up.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

DGC773 posted:

CCP have been talking about removing POS for years. The reason they probably haven't is 1) POS code is so embedded in the foundations of this lovely game that CCP coders are terrified of touching it incase it breaks the entire game 2) POS still do have some uses as a cheap and easy forward operating base so it is still used.

Profitability wise, I think it is nearly always better to go from P0 to P2 and sell the P2. I don't think the extra effort to go to P4 is worth it.

If you put one up you can start wars it makes you war eligible the cheap way.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ZombieLenin posted:

4. No bubbles—you don’t have to worry one bit about flying a frigate with high grade slaves in your head;

I never understood the spookiness of bubbles. The better lowsec pirates were ace at dictating range (and understanding things like gate gun aggression mechanics), in most instances in null you can still gate crash if you jump into a bubble camp.

Even in the days of off-grid Ragnarok skirmish boosts, Smartbombing Machariels in Low were more dangerous than most Null encounters.

yoloer420 posted:

If you shoot someone on a gate or a station that isn't a criminal, or doesn't have a suspect flag, the sentry guns are going to shoot you. In a frigate you'll die very fast, in a T3 Cruiser/Battlecruiser+ it's negligible.

Shooting someone without criminal status, a criminal or suspect flag, will incur a security status hit, and give you the appropriate aggression flags (you can be shot by anyone else for 10(?) minutes). The severity of the sec status hit is based on the system's security rating, and their sec status. It will take a while before hitting -5 if you don't pod anyone. Fun fact: -9.9 to -10.0 takes longer than 0.0 to -9.9.

CONCORD isn't a thing in Lowsec.

On planets, asteroid belts, in mission complexes, or at any other celestial body, you can shoot whoever the hell you want without sentry guns engaging (they're not there) and all you do is incur a minor security status hit. Podding people in NPC corps will completely destroy your faction with those NPC corps, not as big of a deal now as it was a few years ago, but before you could just buy skillbooks from the skill screen, this was potentially very annoying.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 11, 2020

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

yoloer420 posted:

A brick tanked Devoter with sensor boosters can tank the gate guns. Plus grab most frigates tryin to run gate to gate.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Solus posted:

Gatecamp is going well

Who messed up the dick???

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Rudeboy Detective posted:

It's clearly labeled "Test Dick Please Ignore"

It's a work in progress

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Rudeboy Detective posted:

was gonna say, that's a piss-poor bubblecock

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Is a dick not supposed to look like that? oh no...

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
https://br.evetools.org/br/5fac61593784b1001aa6752f

just lowsec things

ninja edit: updated BR

Loky11 fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 11, 2020

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Solus posted:

Gatecamp is going well

Why so many bubbles? Are you guys trying to create lag?

Reported to CCP

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

DGC773 posted:

Why so many bubbles? Are you guys trying to create lag?

Reported to CCP

Excuse you, sir. That is art.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Some more art from the E30 keepstar grid

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
You're welcome, i made that too :sun:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

How dare you.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

rocket_Magnet posted:

Some more art from the E30 keepstar grid

is this loving loss

edit: oh my goddddddd

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
The best part about using mobile depots is they last for 30 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
explain what the depots are supposed to be for the old fucks like me who are apparently meme challenged