Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Aurora posted:

no 'nime november

Denied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Doctor Sex

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the name of the song is help me doctor dick, actually

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

No.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You're thinking of doctor zaius

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
doctor worm, surely

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Witch Doctor?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYtXuBN1Hvc

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My wife and I started watching Parasyte the other day, we're way into it but I cannot stand the fact that Migi has giant, realistic-looking lips while everyone else has the anime no-lip. It unnerves me every time I see it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I feel like that may be the point because Parasyte's whole thing is body horror.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The rest of the body horror is outlandish enough that I look at it and say "this is gross, but also it's well done enough that I'm into it". But those giant lips are realistic enough that it throws me, like how would you scale those up in an art style where people had actual lips?

It reminds me of those drawings of Homer Simpson or Mario where they're done up to look like actual human with the same proportions of the cartoons.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

With the copyright strikes lately, maybe not the best plan.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Aurora posted:

no 'nime november

Nani-me November, Aurora-kun.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

You tryin' to tell us something, Donut?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm telling you she's right

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

soon

homeless snail posted:

Anime. Healin Good beginning of the end. Magic Circle Guru Guru training arc. Banner of the Stars I first battle of the Basroil

8PM eastern @ https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchanime

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I really hope when Sony buys out Crunchyroll they’ll toss the Funimation player in the garbage. I’m trying to watch Adachi & Shimamura and it won’t stop infinitely buffering. No other service I use has this problem. Maybe when I get a PS5 and it has better Wi-Fi the sheer strength of my connection will outmuscle how lovely their player is.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

ai is really good. just imo

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

The Black Stones posted:

I really hope when Sony buys out Crunchyroll they’ll toss the Funimation player in the garbage. I’m trying to watch Adachi & Shimamura and it won’t stop infinitely buffering. No other service I use has this problem. Maybe when I get a PS5 and it has better Wi-Fi the sheer strength of my connection will outmuscle how lovely their player is.

The player used to randomly stop in the middle of an episode and restart from the very beginning for me.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

C-Euro posted:

The rest of the body horror is outlandish enough that I look at it and say "this is gross, but also it's well done enough that I'm into it". But those giant lips are realistic enough that it throws me, like how would you scale those up in an art style where people had actual lips?
How does it compare to actual live-action Migi?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Can Of Worms posted:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Can Of Worms posted:

See here it's been flipped, it has normal-looking lips while everything else is hosed up.

lol yes, thank you

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also yes

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yes

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Almost.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Nope!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nope never *hides gacha games*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
netflix has a ton of fate series. are they any good and is there any aprticular order to them?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
fate/stay night is meant to go in the order of fate, unlimited blade works and heaven's feel, but the fate route anime is pretty mediocre and isn't on netflix and the heaven's feel movies aren't available on home streaming services yet, so. every other fate anime is standalone but also pretty polarizing. fate/zero is the most well liked on its own generally but i think it's one of urobuchi's weaker scripts and it's meant to function as a prequel to fate/stay night, and as one it's kind of weird

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 13, 2020

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

iirc all of them are different continuities besides Fate/Zero and Unlimited Blade Works, but the former is a prequel entry that plenty of people enjoyed as newcomers to the series, so they're all watchable standalone.

Fate/Zero is probably the most popular one in western fandom but it's also somewhat contentious these days. I wasn't a big fan but it introduces some characters I like to the series, so form your opinion and all that.

Unlimited Blade Works adapts the the second arc of the VN. It's also not the arc with a lot of the story beats that Fate/Zero was playing with setting up, so it's kind of awkward if you try to view it as a sequel.

Fate/Apocrypha is totally standalone. It has neat great bits of animation, but a lot of people think it has a pretty dull protagonist and struggles to juggle its large character cast, but it's also one I've seen a number of non-fans get into.

Fate/Extra Last Encore is a weird one, it's an alternate scenario for a PSP game spinoff that even fans struggled to follow, and iunno if netflix has the ending episodes that they had to finish and broadcast after the initial airing. It was a Shaft production and there's one or two eps people notably enjoyed from that angle, but generally it's not one people would rec.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I just want to remind people that Smoking Crow is putting a twist on the traditional Secret Santa for 2020, and there is still time to sign up until November 26th.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jose posted:

netflix has a ton of fate series. are they any good and is there any aprticular order to them?
Fate/Zero has some interesting writing and characterization and good animation but also really loves 'female character dying' as a motivation for a character.

Fate/Apocrypha is pretty generic shonen battel royale with too many characters and a kind of dull protag but a lot of the side characters are good and, again, the animation is excellent.

The two other anime on Netflix aren't really worth watching since they're mostly inferior adaptations of existing material. F/Z and F/A are adaptations too but F/Z actually elevates the material and F/A works well enough, but UBW is trying to condense one route of an insanely long visual novel into a 26 episode anime and makes some weird adaptational choices besides, and Fate/Extra is trying to take a meta angle on being an adaptation but just never really gets off the ground.

Fate/Zero and Fate/Apocrypha are both pretty standalone, so just watch them I'd say.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Start with the Unlimited Blade Works anime. If you're not coming at it from an angle of "let's see this adaption of a thing I already love" then it's pretty good. Zero and Apocrypha work better as like the prequel/whatever-the-hell-Apocrypha-is to F/SN than the other way around imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

zero sucks and apo owns