Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

greetings my fellow colleagues, still hard at work posting I see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Augus posted:

greetings my fellow colleagues, still hard at work posting I see!

It's a tough job working at the posting factory but someones got to do it! I just got promoted to head manager of the bad takes department!

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Best we could do since the racism factory shut down.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Jamie Faith posted:

It's a tough job working at the posting factory but someones got to do it! I just got promoted to head manager of the bad takes department!

Here's a picture of me and Jamie Faith smiling together. We're friends, you see.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
edit: fair enough

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Nov 12, 2020

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Don't be weird, Ash.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Dias posted:

Don't be weird, Ash.

It's tiring because movie bob is obviously a garbage human being and there's only so many times that can be pointed out before it becomes an innate fact, sort of like how jontron is a racist

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
I can't recall ever seeing talk in this thread about the roller coaster enthusiast community on YouTube--probably because it's small and why would they ever cross-pollinate drama with the other communities on the site lol. So, if you want a fresh subject to look through channels for, I have a couple of starter suggestions

ElToroRyan has worked at various amusement parks as a ride operator, and his background in engineering often gives his videos more substance than the typical listicles that dominate theme park content. His biggest series is Problematic Roller Coasters; each video is a deep dive on a particular coaster model notable for its construction and maintenance issues, breaking apart the logistics of what causes/d these problems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVR_HH9NAMc

Theme Park Crazy also makes two related series that are of a similar "coaster deep dive" type, but focusing specifically on defunct coasters (The Rise and Fall of/Failed Coaster). He tends to talk more about the marketing/financial aspects of the rides and how they fit into the successes or failures of their specific parks. He actually brought on the English Legoshi voice actor for one of the most recent videos, if that helps hook you in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL1RNcNlfWg

And if you're wondering "does the coaster enthusiast community have non-American channels", Coaster Bot is here to answer that! If you have a question about the physics/mechanics of coasters, or the history of manufacturers and parks, Coaster Bot probably already has a video about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWLQ55qiPi4

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Nov 12, 2020

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ash Crimson posted:

It's tiring because movie bob is obviously a garbage human being and there's only so many times that can be pointed out before it becomes an innate fact, sort of like how jontron is a racist

I get it but the implication about a bad poster is a bit too far and besides the point of the thread anyway.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I really have a hard time finding that whole situation funny or seeing it as a dunk when there is like very real, very creepy, years long harassment of a person in the center of it. The glee I've seen is honestly a bit gross.
Like imagine tweeting out "This person has been harassing and stalking me for years and has now made me so uncomfortable and brought e so much harassment that I'm forced to say so in public" and half of the replies are just randos going "LMAO OWNED, THIS IS VERY FUNNY".

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I am once again begging for a moratorium on posting MovieBob tweets. Please... :eng99:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah at this point moviebob details are just sad. He isn't going to get better.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao this is great

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dapper_Swindler posted:

dudes the jacob wohl of Progressive online spaces. he will latch on to whatever is most popular and than make basic points with "wacky" humor with no depth. i'll never understand why people give this stupid piece of poo poo the time of day. pretty sure he faked a gf/wife/kid like twice now or some poo poo.

he faked a gf once and now he's married to that one redhead gun lady with the huge gazongas

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Junpei Hyde posted:

Just pointing and laughing at him isn't going to help him realize what he's doing wrong. If it did, he would have stopped years ago.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Spark That Bled posted:

Just pointing and laughing at him isn't going to help him realize what he's doing wrong. If it did, he would have stopped years ago.

Goons mocking someone always end up crossing a line into stalking and not so much touching the poop as rolling in it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It seems like a big part of the problem with being a professional on youtube is that there are so many people there who are amateurs in the worst ways who just gum everything up and delegitimize the entire medium. I wonder if things will change as the share of popular videos out there shifts from DIY early-adopter nerds like movie bob to people who got their start in more traditional producing/writing/performing like Cody Johnston and the rest of the former Cracked video people.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Spark That Bled posted:

Yeah but it makes us feel better about our own lot in life you see

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wonder what Bob's online career would look like if he stuck to the AVGN rule of not actually having social media aside from 'here's a new update, thanks for the support.'

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

didnt some other guy in cinemassacre get in some poo poo? not rolfe himself, mike i think?

SamLikesCake
Oct 6, 2006

... and he is my navigator.
Some pictures of Mike's dick showed up online a few years back. I don't know the context, but I can confirm that it was, indeed, a large hog.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

CYBEReris posted:

didnt some other guy in cinemassacre get in some poo poo? not rolfe himself, mike i think?

Mike drew some weird racist cartoons in high school but aside from that I haven't heard anything.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Nyxfears read the Russian Sleep Experiment creepy pasta. :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z0veA7F6Fk

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Sarcopenia posted:

It wouldn't be a creepy pasta without end dialogue so ham fisted it nearly wrecks the piece. It's nearly a necessary part of the genre.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The Russian Sleep Experiment is so bad. I have no idea how it managed to climb its way to the top of the creepypasta mountain.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

JordanKai posted:

The Russian Sleep Experiment is so bad. I have no idea how it managed to climb its way to the top of the creepypasta mountain.

Entirely off the back of that creepy image. Which by the way is just a Halloween decoration with a filter over it.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
For the zoomers amongst us, Top Hat Gaming Man looks at the original MK and why it caused an outrage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M8obI2xMxA

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

JordanKai posted:

A few months ago I got recommendations from a channel called the Infographics Show for a video on this. I didn’t watch it, but I moused over the thumbnail and its art style clearly aping Kursgesagt. Were they trying to imply that it happened?

Edit: I had somehow forgotten that the story had the subjects gouge their organs out and have them put back in without anesthesia before they gave their Joker monologue.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 12, 2020

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sarcopenia posted:

This picture has never been the same when someone pointed out it was a Halloween decoration in the snow lol.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Bug Squash posted:

It wouldn't be a creepy pasta without end dialogue so ham fisted it nearly wrecks the piece. It's nearly a necessary part of the genre.

It sometimes works if it leans into the absurdity.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

This picture has never been the same when someone pointed out it was a Halloween decoration in the snow lol.
Same. I heard someone on a real housewives show talk about how a halloween decoration looked like one of the cast members when she cries. It wasn't the decoration but it reminded me so much of it that now this stupid ooky spooky picture makes me laugh every time I see it because instantly this clip starts rattling around in my brain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zicQkxaBQCg

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Junpei Hyde posted:

i find it sad in the way of "i was sorta like that in high school so where i was a lonely loser with dumb opinions pining after ladies" but bob is older than me and never grew up. like the dude burned every friendship he had and basicaly never shuts up about his boring yet terrible politics which alienated even more people. if he wasn't an rear end in a top hat to everyone. he would be genuinely sad.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

he faked a gf once and now he's married to that one redhead gun lady with the huge gazongas

i swore it was twice and that he faked having a kid or some poo poo. whatever dudes still the Wohl of the left/lib/whatever. if coffin said the sky was blue, id have to look outside.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Enough professional chefs cooking good food. More people creating uncanny valley food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug3Q0YeqcSk

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

He and gun boob redhead lady are apparently separated now, so who knows how many fake gfs he's had recently.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

He and gun boob redhead lady are apparently separated now, so who knows how many fake gfs he's had recently.

i think he cheated on her or some poo poo. least thats what i read. jesus what a loving moron grifter.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think he cheated on her or some poo poo. least thats what i read. jesus what a loving moron grifter.

If the Internet Culture Warrior thread in Cspam is to be believed they tried an open marriage before separating.

I have a guess as to who proposed that.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nucleic Acids posted:

If the Internet Culture Warrior thread in Cspam is to be believed they tried an open marriage before separating.

I have a guess as to who proposed that.

See, I feel like there's a thing that happens to certain weak-brained men when they get youtube famous where they get arrogant enough to think that an open marriage would be a good idea, so I don't know if it's the classic story of a woman desperate to escape an idiot or if it was an idiot digging his own grave.

Internet fame really is the ultimate crucible of character: if you're garbage, efame just burns everything else away until you do the scummiest thing you're capable of, while decent people just get endlessly bothered and harassed by the garbage until they have to act in appropriate ways.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Enough professional chefs cooking good food. More people creating uncanny valley food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug3Q0YeqcSk

Anything that turns food into chemistry is endlessly fascinating to me. It's like something you'd buy out of a dingy vending machine in a cyberpunk dystopia, or something served to you by aliens who tried to figure out what humans eat by reading your mind.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

See, I feel like there's a thing that happens to certain weak-brained men when they get youtube famous where they get arrogant enough to think that an open marriage would be a good idea, so I don't know if it's the classic story of a woman desperate to escape an idiot or if it was an idiot digging his own grave.

Internet fame really is the ultimate crucible of character: if you're garbage, efame just burns everything else away until you do the scummiest thing you're capable of, while decent people just get endlessly bothered and harassed by the garbage until they have to act in appropriate ways.

I followed her for Communist memes before I knew about the marriage, and her random life posts make her sound fairly awkward and introverted. So I think it's likely the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Anything that turns food into chemistry is endlessly fascinating to me. It's like something you'd buy out of a dingy vending machine in a cyberpunk dystopia, or something served to you by aliens who tried to figure out what humans eat by reading your mind.

Honestly, food is a minor miracle in of itself. The amount of food science all of humankind has accumulated and shared is an incredible thing to think about. Just think about the ingredients of a cake: where the come from, how they're processed, how it's all prepared and cooked. Some of those ingredients are continents apart and it took generations of people "well, what if I took this plant, distilled it down to a coarse sand-like form, then took another plant ground it down to a fine powder, combined it with the milk from a cow, eggs from a chicken then baked it at this temperature for a this amount of time."