Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I thought everyone liked the Deletion matches. Was this one bad?

I think most people liked it but this felt like a bit of a step backwards, or at least laterally for me. They need to change somehow, especially when you have skits like the steak dinner or the early Dark Order videos or even Darby's non-Jackass stuff that push boundaries a little more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Deletion match was a lot of fun, some people are just clowns.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The only clowns are the ones starring in the Matt Hardy vanity matches where he shoots lazers at people dressed as goblins in a dark forest or whatever the gently caress

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The only clowns are the ones not starring in the Matt Hardy vanity matches where he shoots lazers at people dressed as goblins in a dark forest or whatever the gently caress

Ftfy

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I thought everyone liked the Deletion matches. Was this one bad?

I think the Hardy Compound matches have all been an exercise in diminishing returns since the first one, but it was on par with most of the TNA matches and way better than WWE's version of it

Way too loving long though

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

♫ You don't have to be lonely, at Butchers Only dot com ♫

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The only clowns are the ones starring in the Matt Hardy vanity matches where he shoots lazers at people dressed as goblins in a dark forest or whatever the gently caress

There were lasers in the match? I must've missed that this sounds cooler than I remembered.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I dunno I just fast-forwarded it

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I dunno I just fast-forwarded it

Love to insult people for enjoying a match I never saw.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

(I watched it. It was fine, too long)

also lol at "insulting people"

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
love to regularly go full aggro over the mildest differences of opinion

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/iamjericho/status/1325892834982060034?s=21

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Love to love to. and honestly, too, I mean.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Please calm down about this

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Vince MechMahon posted:

Love to insult people for enjoying a match I never saw.
how was that an insult

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're all lucky you didn't apologize

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/ilyassWillDraw/status/1326282705693237249

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I just want Hardy to be more creative with it, is all. Shoot it like one of Janela's Spring Break promos or give the thing a slightly different feel. I know AEW is capable of that but this seemed like even a step down from some of the stuff Borash was doing for them.

It's fine and a nice break from the long matches on the card but I think they can do more.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Please do not get into a slapfight with or about Quantum of Phallus, especially not when the opinion expressed wasn't even that incendiary.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think most people liked it but this felt like a bit of a step backwards, or at least laterally for me. They need to change somehow, especially when you have skits like the steak dinner or the early Dark Order videos or even Darby's non-Jackass stuff that push boundaries a little more.

It was basically exactly what was asked for from the fans of the Deletion matches since basically Matt Hardy showed up in WWF. AEW is very big about giving the people what they want, and in cases like the Deletion matches, even when what the people want isn't innovation but a continuation of the thing they have been denied because the WWF hates their audience. I enjoyed it, but it was helped by being able to react with goons and crack jokes about a violent murder occurring, bur you have a very interesting point about it not actually pushing the envelope in the way that the Stadium Stampede, or the #JoinDarkOrder videos, or Darby's avant-garde promos, OR the Dinner Debonaire.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think it was good for what it was: the first hardy compound appearance in AEW, with the caveats that they wanted it to be very safe (the only Big Bump was sammy off the ladder and the table spot was clearly edited around padding) and that everyone knew this was supposed to be the end of the feud with sammy losing

i liked seeing gangrel and helms

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I wanted Ortiz to be thrown into the Lake. Not to be reincarnated, but to continue the "Ortiz bumps for water" plotline. :colbert:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i popped for gangrel

and also just the whole east nc vibe

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

These models look familiar

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm glad he clarified he meant "years old" and not "stone"

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Deletion match was a mixed bag. The early going where you had Gangrel and Hurricane and Roman candles was fun if a bit slow in the edit, but when they started playing music in the Dome it just died for me.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

I Before E posted:

The Deletion match was a mixed bag. The early going where you had Gangrel and Hurricane and Roman candles was fun if a bit slow in the edit, but when they started playing music in the Dome it just died for me.
It had some funny bits but it was a very Matt Hardy Universe match. You liked it or you didn't, I never thought it was a Worst of the Year contender, didn't think it was the best comedy match, it was just a Matt Hardy Universe match.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

ARMBAR A COP posted:

These models look familiar

Vince is going to add a no modeling clause in his contract.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

It’s a good thing Chris Jericho is a bootlicker chud otherwise I might have to quote certain posts and say things like “gross” and “can we not?”

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That children’s place ad has so many adjectives

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Eh, he's stupid for a lot of other reasons.

ARMBAR A COP fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 11, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1326643411479355392

Incredible heel tweet.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
MJF rules

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/NatbyNature/status/1326713271378980864

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/YoshiTatsuIsm/status/1326791905657712641?s=19

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

*internal screaming*

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

I QRTed but my non-wrestling friends might get worked so I deleted it :(

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1326861729666494466?s=19

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

:sickos:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If that doesn't win Endo champion of the month I don't know what will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

hanging dong should win alot of votes tbh