Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Nick Soapdish posted:

I was going to say that in previous years when dealing with a BIL who is a shithead CHUD, never served, and is a ~*~Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine~*~ he would make the same argument whenever I called him out on foreign policy stuff. I'd let him spout dumb domestic stuff but foreign policy is my wheelhouse.

Also, maybe just Navy versus other branches, but our intel guys were usually left leaning or classic neocons. The exception being the intel center OIC who, when I came back from AFG after the last election, changed all the TVs from HLN or sometimes FNC to OANN and not even football on Sundays.

When I was in the S2 shop for a bit, most of the intel folks were left leaning, though there have been some unfortunate exceptions that honestly hurt to learn how lovely they were, especially after a good friend killed himself last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My massive OS masterchief with hands like mauls is certainly left leaning in his comments but he may just hate everyone.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

LingcodKilla posted:

My massive OS masterchief with hands like mauls is certainly left leaning in his comments but he may just hate everyone.

i am a coast guard OS, not a masterchief, have tiny baby hands but i do have everyone.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ElMaligno posted:

i am a coast guard OS, not a masterchief, have tiny baby hands but i do have everyone.

You have my heart sweetie.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I feel like the Trump support will eventually turn into somewhat of a fad where many people will move on and only the most hardcore are still crowing about "fraud" 2 or 3 years from now but, Jesus, is this country hosed for the next few years at minimum because Trump has done his damnedest to divide it.

Pine Cone Jones posted:

When I was in the S2 shop for a bit, most of the intel folks were left leaning, though there have been some unfortunate exceptions that honestly hurt to learn how lovely they were, especially after a good friend killed himself last year.

I've got a longtime friend working Intel for the Air Force in Germany and, while he hasn't publicly said anything on social media about the election, is a conservative Christian and I would bet voted for Trump at minimum. Whether he believes the garbage about a rigged election is unclear.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

I feel like the Trump support will eventually turn into somewhat of a fad where many people will move on and only the most hardcore are still crowing about "fraud" 2 or 3 years from now but, Jesus, is this country hosed for the next few years at minimum because Trump has done his damnedest to divide it.

Populist “alternative facts” reactionaries have taken note. Would be 100% not surprised to see president Tucker Carlson.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

CBJSprague24 posted:

I feel like the Trump support will eventually turn into somewhat of a fad where many people will move on

Don’t.

loving.

Let.

Them.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
The only leftist I ever met in the Army was one of my 1SGs which was honestly one of the weirdest discoveries I ever made in the military. We were TDY for a month and it turned into me and my 1SG arguing and making GBS threads on the West Pointer CPT and LT we had on our team.

Otherwise combat arms NCOs are by and large nothing but chuds. I wish I could say one of the NCOs in my platoon wasn't a complete chud but I can't. Guess an uneducated white dude will just act as an uneducated white dude does.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My first squad in the Infantry was all Center Left Leaning. I mean, still Conservative in a bunch of facets, but remarkably Left for an 03 squad of Grunts.

Weirdly enough, one of the more lefty guys I knew from the Guard became a hardcore Trumpist.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I'm pretty sure most (or at least a vocal minority) of the people I served with were pretty left leaning.

Then again, I was "that guy" who would start those conversations. I liked seeing people trip over themselves.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

And here comes the bus!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1326920264203046915

...and there goes the bus.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I've seen some active duty SIGINTers with active TS/SCI clearances posting Q nonsense and Russia interference denial so it's definitely possible.

Many NCOs I've met and all but maybe 1 or 2 SNCOs are garbage CHUDs because of the same reason they all suck at their MOS skills. The leadership ranks are so full of trash it chases out all of the good people the first chance they get, so only more trash stays in to replace them.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Internet Wizard posted:

I've seen some active duty SIGINTers with active TS/SCI clearances posting Q nonsense and Russia interference denial so it's definitely possible.

Many NCOs I've met and all but maybe 1 or 2 SNCOs are garbage CHUDs because of the same reason they all suck at their MOS skills. The leadership ranks are so full of trash it chases out all of the good people the first chance they get, so only more trash stays in to replace them.

There was a bunch of our intel guys I know of who really bought into conspiracy theories, so I really buy it.

They don't practice their Carl Sagan Baloney Detector enough :(

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

There was a bunch of our intel guys I know of who really bought into conspiracy theories, so I really buy it.

They don't practice their Carl Sagan Baloney Detector enough :(

I always wondered if intel guys are more susceptible to bullshit, because they’re often trying make major conclusions, based on slim or minimal evidence (nature of the game). Then again perhaps that’s what separates the quality intel guys from someone even the B-Team* would give a cockeyed look too.

*Not that I think the idea of having a separate team going form the opposite conclusion is a bad idea.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
It's the goose that laid the golden egg, not the Golden goose. You big wet fat dumbass.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

https://twitter.com/sidecartommy/status/1326922040524173313

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

It's already gone. What was it?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

stackofflapjacks posted:

It's already gone. What was it?

It was a glorious gif of Trump gratuitously milking photoshopped penises through his many extravagant dance-moves, and I am quite upset the tweet was removed.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It was a glorious gif of Trump gratuitously milking photoshopped penises through his many extravagant dance-moves, and I am quite upset the tweet was removed.

Maybe that's why they chose the four season landscaping place, they wanted to pick up some props for his next rally.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Goddamnit, someone find that gif again, I was told the internet does not forget :mad:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1326967983709827079?s=20

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oh that's a cute stunt, the Trump plan might be to run out the certification of states votes until 1 month before inauguration, where it then falls to the House to vote for President. Each state appoints 1 elector to vote, and Trump wins because Republicans have more states by number than Democrats.

12th Amendment dictates that if no candidate shall have a majority of electors before the deadline that it falls to the House to elect the President.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

orange juche posted:

Oh that's a cute stunt, the Trump plan might be to run out the certification of states votes until 1 month before inauguration, where it then falls to the House to vote for President. Each state appoints 1 elector to vote, and Trump wins because Republicans have more states by number than Democrats.

I'd hope that they aren't bright enough to do such a thing.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Can we please start sanctioning these people? Seriously the poo poo they're pulling is stuff is why sanctions exists.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1327019227505717249

My god these lawyers are loving dumb.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1327031533266497538?s=20

"Deep state" strikes again against our good (great) favorite President

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I'd hope that they aren't bright enough to do such a thing.

Their lawsuits are getting thrown out of court effectively as fast as they're being filed so probably not.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Guys, that statement is fake news by deep state agents.
Idiots.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Their lawsuits are getting thrown out of court effectively as fast as they're being filed so probably not.

Yeah. They are building up an impressive body of evidence for when they try to file injunctions against certification in PA or GA. Just that body of evidence is how they've repeatedly tried to delay the counting of ballots so they can force an injunction.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

I would like to not be nervous about all this and for trump to just leave already.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Goddamnit, someone find that gif again, I was told the internet does not forget :mad:

Technically :nws: I guess

https://i.imgur.com/ZPsB121.gif

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I would like to not be nervous about all this and for trump to just leave already.

This might help (posted in CE too):

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1327060571431333890

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i bopp you bopp they bopp

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Cornered rats still have claws, and teeth.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

MRC48B posted:

Cornered rats still have claws, and teeth.

Rats can be cute though

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Rats can be cute though

If I was a mod I would probate you until inauguration day for insinuating that Donald Trump is cute.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Nah, don't sully the reputation of rats by comparing them to Trump. At least rats are generally smart enough to not drown. Trump's purposefully chained himself to the ship's wheel and is trying to rip the life vests off anyone that he sees.

Besides, look a this little goober.

E:vvv I miss mine so much, but they don't have very long lifespans.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Nov 13, 2020

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Rats are smart, and make awesome pets.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Humans no poo poo owe a lot to rats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Flood's on, the networks finally called Arizona completely. No recount either (needs fewer than 200-vote margin).

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1327104554689814534

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1327104357553369088

https://twitter.com/JTHVerhovek/status/1327103705498476544

Edit: HE SAID THE THING

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1327105993910722560