Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol so its the last day of the quarter and I was doing a fun online quiz thing with the students about food. There was a question about the most popular pizza topping in Brazil being peas. A student was like Brazilian pizza seems bad. So of course I pulled up the mastre da pizza youtube video. The kids were making fun of it so hard I think the whole class lost it laughing when he starts shoving trash into the fire.

You're a good teacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

OC, sadly

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm sorry for your loss.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

And mushroom pizzas are so good, too!

You could probably cut it in half and turn it into a weird, giant grilled cheese to salvage it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I tried saving it, but the dough fell apart into five pieces, most of the toppings were stuck to the oven glass, and I just couldn't be bothered. I had borgar instead

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

bony tony posted:

I tried saving it, but the dough fell apart into five pieces, most of the toppings were stuck to the oven glass, and I just couldn't be bothered. I had borgar instead

That reminds me, pizza burgers kick much rear end.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I wonder what the worst slice in New York City looks like

Come to Florida and find out.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
As a poor kid, one of the little things that made going out to a restaurant for pizza seem fancy was the nice shiny silver tray stand things that they'd serve the pizzas on. I now realize these were because there was no other way to fit plates, drinks, napkins, parm, spices and pizzas on the tables in this particular joint, but they actually seem even more special now compared to these and the dented, misshapen trashcan lid upon which MdP chops up his catupiry calumity (which is apparently just one of these, dishwasher dented and banged up into oblivion)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Okay, and how does it look after baking?

Wait...

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol so its the last day of the quarter and I was doing a fun online quiz thing with the students about food. There was a question about the most popular pizza topping in Brazil being peas. A student was like Brazilian pizza seems bad. So of course I pulled up the mastre da pizza youtube video. The kids were making fun of it so hard I think the whole class lost it laughing when he starts shoving trash into the fire.

that video rules

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

This looks like a Warhammer battle map designed by the chaos God of lazy gluttony. .

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
I'm brazilian and will answer any and all brazilian pizza questions.

first let me pull some marvels from my whatsapp (i actually ordered some of these)

you can choose any flavor or combination of flavors and a border with cheddar, catupiry or black or white chocolate.

you see, the dough wall in the middle divides the salty beef pizza from the sweet chocolate strawberry light cream pizza so you don't accidentally mix them, very well thought out

gf was curious. we have frozen pizza border in the fridge now, it's so much dough

this is not any of the previous places, this is the certified non thrash fired pizzeria i like the most, they even got me their firewood hookup's phone this winter.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
If somebody pooped on my pizza like that second one I’d be furious

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is the chocolate pizza thing some tax scam

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

What is the fine for violating olive law?

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
Why does catupiry look like that

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
More like Cumpoopiry imo

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I don't much care for hawaiian pizza.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
This thread is good because it's a reminder that no matter where I am in the world, if I am asked if I like pizza, the answer should always be "no"

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I don't much care for hawaiian pizza.

It's good if you change the ham to literally any other ingredient. Best are bacon, chicken, jalapenos, or banana peppers

e: how could I forget pineapple and feta :yum:

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 14, 2020

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Also any place that puts toppings like ham, pepperoni, etc under the cheese so it can't crisp up is very :nono:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It's good if you change the ham to literally any other ingredient. Best are bacon, chicken, jalapenos, or banana peppers

I will always love the kielbasa/jalapeño/pineapple pizza one of my local places makes.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is the chocolate pizza thing some tax scam

there's two natural types of pizza, salty and sweet, equally appreciated and valid

shadow puppet of a posted:

What is the fine for violating olive law?

same as any law in brazil, none

Odd posted:

Why does catupiry look like that

most of pizza catupiry is not actual catupiry

this is the original catupiry, kind of a harder, denser cream cheese

pizza places use goopier fattier watered down stuff and welp good enough i guess depending on your price point

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bagual posted:

there's two natural types of pizza, salty and sweet, equally appreciated and valid

Not in a sane world

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Thank you for passing on cherished internet traditions to the younger generation.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

bagual posted:

most of pizza catupiry is not actual catupiry

this is the original catupiry, kind of a harder, denser cream cheese

pizza places use goopier fattier watered down stuff and welp good enough i guess depending on your price point

So how exactly would this be different or better than a pizza made with gjetost

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Its nothing like gjetost. Gjetost on pizza sounds terrible.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Good loving Lord no.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Anyone know a good delivery pie in Tampa

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

This thread is good because it's a reminder that no matter where I am in the world, if I am asked if I like pizza, the answer should always be "no"

e: how could I forget pineapple and feta :yum:

Thank you for this - I used to like Hawaiian pizza before I went vegetarian and I wasn't sure what to replace the ham with.

Enjoying sweet & sour flavours at once is a sign of a sophisticated palate.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Thank you for this - I used to like Hawaiian pizza before I went vegetarian and I wasn't sure what to replace the ham with.

Enjoying sweet & sour flavours at once is a sign of a sophisticated palate.

that's why brazil puts dessert and dinner on the same pizza. They're years ahead of us, culinarily. I wouldn't even THINK of putting half a gallon of cum cheese on (the savory half of) a pizza

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

One half snickers, one half pickled sausage, now in the same wrapper at the gas station!
It's genius!

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Not in a sane world

ooh buddy let me tell ya something

thats a made up word

TheAardvark posted:

that's why brazil puts dessert and dinner on the same pizza. They're years ahead of us, culinarily. I wouldn't even THINK of putting half a gallon of cum cheese on (the savory half of) a pizza

we really are light years ahead of the world, and i think that's because complete self-taught chaos and no need to respect any gastronomic (or health inspection) rule is great for creativity, and dessert is even more advanced, a generation back people would make butter and white sugar sandwiches to give you an idea of how desperate for sweetness the brazilian palate is, everything must have a dessert version or else the universe is not in balance

for instance you guys probably never even in your wildest dreams imagined a kit kat hot dog or a chocolate/strawberry fried dessert sushi

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Are there Brazilian places that make normal pizza without choclate and catupiry and weird stuffed tumor crust, and how quickly do they go bankrupt?

If I go to Brazil and ask for margherita, what are the odds the chef will think I'm insane and top it with ice cream and candy bars because nobody could want just plain pizza?

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Nov 15, 2020

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Is....is there actually a hot dog in the Kit Kat hot dog? I'm not sure I'm ready to handle the answer to this question.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Kitkat bun looks good, an upgraded pain au chocolat

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

bagual posted:

thats a made up word

It’s a cheese that tastes like a salty, lightly sweet caramel. Goes well with a tart apple.

I’m sure I’m spoiled, but around here you can buy it at the normal grocery store

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

bagual posted:

Pizza is just a savory danish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

bagual posted:

ooh buddy let me tell ya something

thats a made up word

we really are light years ahead of the world, and i think that's because complete self-taught chaos and no need to respect any gastronomic (or health inspection) rule is great for creativity, and dessert is even more advanced, a generation back people would make butter and white sugar sandwiches to give you an idea of how desperate for sweetness the brazilian palate is, everything must have a dessert version or else the universe is not in balance

for instance you guys probably never even in your wildest dreams imagined a kit kat hot dog or a chocolate/strawberry fried dessert sushi

what is in the sushi

is there a fish in there