Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Underwood has taken the lead according to the AP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Is there a good election tracker for all the local IL stuff?

I guess I thought all the counting in IL was done already. Guess not.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Underwood has taken the lead according to the AP.

Hell yea. Oberweiss can add another one the L column.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Jesse Sharkey has to be the dumbest motherfucker in the state.

https://twitter.com/dmihalopoulos/status/1325281400422019072

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Zarin posted:

Is there a good election tracker for all the local IL stuff?

I guess I thought all the counting in IL was done already. Guess not.

I think ballots can come in still, so long as they were postmarked by election day.

It looks like the statewide Illinois board of elections does not post unofficial/preliminary counts, but the counties do.

Illinois State Board of Elections posted:

Unofficial local results are not reported to the State Board of Elections or posted to the Agency's website. Unofficial Election Day results may be obtained by accessing the local jurisdiction's website as provided. Some jurisdictions do not have web sites; phone numbers are provided for all jurisdictions.

Lauren's district is split across like 7 counties, so checking each local election board would probably be annoying. I know DuPage has its own reporting site if you want that: https://www.dupageresults.com/IL/DuPage/106122/web.264614/#/summary.

I checked Decision Desk HQ last night and it appeared to have her in the lead before some of the other websites. I hope she can hold on to it. If you click too far into their HUD it will take you to a paywall, but highlighting her district shows the totals. I had trouble making it work on my phone without hitting the paywall, for what it's worth.

Lib_Crusher
Dec 6, 2018

Eeyo posted:

I think ballots can come in still, so long as they were postmarked by election day.

It looks like the statewide Illinois board of elections does not post unofficial/preliminary counts, but the counties do.

Lauren's district is split across like 7 counties, so checking each local election board would probably be annoying. I know DuPage has its own reporting site if you want that: https://www.dupageresults.com/IL/DuPage/106122/web.264614/#/summary.

I checked Decision Desk HQ last night and it appeared to have her in the lead before some of the other websites. I hope she can hold on to it.

It's believed that the outstanding ballots are from the more Democratic areas of Lake County, so she's in good shape.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Illinois accepts ballots postmarked Nov. 3rd until Nov. 17th. So technically no official results til then.

Edit: 17th, my bad.

Oracle fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 9, 2020

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oracle posted:

Illinois accepts ballots postmarked Nov. 3rd until Nov. 19th.

That’s awesome, I didn’t know this.

Really makes Wisconsin seem despotic by comparison - mail-in ballots must be received by the time polls close or else you’re SOL. And SCOTUS approved that right before Election Day, too.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
That's what happens when you have a Democratic super-majority instead of a near Republican super-majority.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://twitter.com/redistrict/status/1325819471408328711?s=21

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Glad to see it, back in the before covid times my office rented some space out to one of her fundraisers and she seemed nice enough. And ice cream nazi losing is always good.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The X-man cometh posted:

Jesse Sharkey has to be the dumbest motherfucker in the state.

https://twitter.com/dmihalopoulos/status/1325281400422019072

Lol why would they do this

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1325839249174892551.

Hopefully this holds.

edit - Mchenry isnt releasing any numbers until sometime Wed.

https://www.nwherald.com/2020/11/08/mchenry-county-clerks-office-to-update-ballot-totals-on-nov-11/auuljqd/

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
God loving drat it I don't want to live in Jim Oberweis district

I already lived in Joe Walsh district

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Badger of Basra posted:

Lol why would they do this

local 150 chimed in first for madigan. people aren't loving around and i'd put money on madigan in a fight with durbin and duckworth

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

local 150 chimed in first for madigan. people aren't loving around and i'd put money on madigan in a fight with durbin and duckworth

Local 150 are right wing suburban white dudes. Supporting Madigan makes sense.

CTU claim to be the most progressive union in Chicago and support anti-machine candidates. They had no reason to say anything at all.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
afl-cio just fired another warning shot, backing madigan

i guess seiu is the other big one to wait on but durbin is probably feeling pretty stupid right now

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Why do these unions support Madigan? If they got rid of him they could stop paying that dumb ransom he requires.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

Why do these unions support Madigan? If they got rid of him they could stop paying that dumb ransom he requires.

He takes care of his own.

Well political groups. Not his own kids of course.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Underwood officially won.

https://www.businessinsider.com/illinois-14th-district-house-election-lauren-underwood-jim-oberweis-2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'd like to congratulate Oberweiss on once again seeing his dreams curdle in front of him

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
He got creamed again.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Played the spoiled candidate once again

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
Lake County, best county?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

jbusbysack posted:

Lake County, best county?

Let’s not get crazy

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
That's awesome. On the downside, Oberweis is lovely enough that he's going to live to be a hundred and six, and he's going to continue running for office(s) until the very end. We are never going to be rid of this pest until that point.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

So there's a couple of houses I pass by on my commute that have yard signs up that just say "Pritzker Sucks," and it's only now, after the election, that it dawns on me that he wasn't even on the ballot this year, those signs only exist for Lib Owning purposes.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Yep. They are everywhere down here in southern Illinois. There is also one that calls him “fat boy”.

They started appearing during the lockdown and they are literally just “impotent rage” in stupid sign form.

Cannot wait for their continued usage until 2022 when Darren Bailey leads a glorious rural revolution!

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

I don't know about you but I truly feel owned. So much ownage. Those signs make me cry in impotent rage every time I see them.

Boo hoo.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The local Facebook group chuds feel calling him Prickzer is a major own. Despite the results that show 64% of the town voted for Biden, they still act like they're the majority.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

KDdidit posted:

The local Facebook group chuds feel calling him Prickzer is a major own. Despite the results that show 64% of the town voted for Biden, they still act like they're the majority.

That's because they're constitutional originalists. They only believe votes are legal if they come from white landowning men.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1326641493235392517?s=20

Feels good.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Bite me, Republican ice cream man!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Anyone know how much Oberweis has wasted on all of his campaigns? Dude just needs to suck it up and move downstate where he actually stands a chance. I hope he doesn’t though because I’d rather see him flail around and lose.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Anyone know how much Oberweis has wasted on all of his campaigns? Dude just needs to suck it up and move downstate where he actually stands a chance. I hope he doesn’t though because I’d rather see him flail around and lose.

then he'd have to live down here.

And dear god he wouldn't want to do that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1326967246627991552

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But that's what I've been doing since March??

What the heck is everyone else doing? :v:

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Going to restaurants, where there's less risk than at home.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
better stop licking doorknobs folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Tweet's gone, what did it say?