Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teenage Riot posted:

:snooaaaaaaaaaaaaa:

Welp, finally splurged on a 3m 7503 with a few sets of p100 7093b cartridges after seeing this. Can't wait to freak out stupid people desperately grasping for normalcy when I do errands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

shovelbum posted:

getting inured to these things to where you dont freak out is conditioning you to yourself die, see the mv estonia

The Korean ferry disaster is another good example of how people will ignore disaster as long as someone with authority is telling them everything is fine Admittedly it was mostly kids and there were a lot of South Korean cultural issues at play in that situation, but there are certainly parallels to what's going on in the US right now.

The water is at our ankles right now.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

boomer bikers loved the sound of their Harleys at Sturgis so much they decided to make all our lungs sound like them.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The Dakotas are trying to get 100% of the population infected in less than a year - a noble (?) goal.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I just started laughing maniacally

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Wife had (virtual) parent teacher conferences tonight

One of the moms talked about how her son recovered from COVID but then got some triple bacterial infection due to a weakened immune system and that's why he's been out for the last week. And her husband is still sick with lung issues from mid September, may be permanent.

Also found out her district's policy is that unless you can printt you had maskless contact with a given student for more than 15 minutes at less than 6 feet, it doesn't count as a contact and you won't be informed of any positive tests.

At least they're remote for two more months.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

i wish the ascertainment bias were a slider, i honestly don't think we're missing 80% of cases anymore except in areas where the corpses are piling up out behind the hospital, the deaths don't really support that anymore

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol that nyc number must be weighted for the fact that the NYPD would statistically shoot or maim at least 3 people of a 10-person gathering before anyone got infected

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are the 7093 cartridges also effective against tear gas? That'd be a bonus in tyool 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I noticed that the chart for (weekly averaged for smoothing) daily deaths in illinois started right around the beginning of the stay at home order in early March , which was 3/20 from what I remember. By 4/15 it was averaging 80 deaths a day, and peaked on 5/15 at about 150

We are currently above 80 deaths a day (i.e. where we were 3 weeks after lockdown) and shooting upwards. Schools had closed even before the stay at home order, but remain open, while restaurants/bars are tent dining only.

No one is panicking and I'm not clear why. There's no real way to project how bad things will get because these curves can and do peak due to behavior (arizona, florida, maybe some of the eu states that are dropping now) but good Lord

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Horseshoe theory posted:

The Dakotas are trying to get 100% of the population infected in less than a year - a noble (?) goal.

south dakota is at 6%. wonder what the real percentage of exposed is.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

uh oh been coughing since last night and my temperature climbed from 98 to 99.5 in the last hour. can’t wait to die in a hospital hallway

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
wheeee

https://twitter.com/Theophite/status/1326643976108085248?s=20

https://twitter.com/dril/status/757914951868485632?s=20

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

fun fact. 100% of the residents at the Norton KS nursing home were infected with coronavirus.
:coronatoot:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

lol aaaaaahhhhhh I'm going to die lmfao

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The big problem with covid is, as the healthcare system collapses, it's going to kill these old chuds without the healthcare system being able to extract their savings from them, so the young chuds in the flyovers will actually see a 6-figure windfall

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I am literally laughing at the last few charts, brain broken for the seventeenth time this year

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

We live in the absolute dumbest timeline

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

this is loving insane

it's really hard to understate how serious of a crisis this is and everyone is just loving ignoring it lol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Louisgod posted:

I'm a firm believer that it's cold weather not sturgis but that's pretty drat funny

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Zeno-25 posted:

Are the 7093 cartridges also effective against tear gas? That'd be a bonus in tyool 2021

no, you need to add an organic vapor filter or use a combination cartridge

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
Amazing fact: Despite working in a healthcare facility, I have somehow managed to not have contact with someone with COVID.

In the last week I've had three exposures to COVID because of the lovely testing.

Goodbye goons, I'll think of you as I'm wretching up my liquified lungs.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Wolfy posted:

this is loving insane

it's really hard to understate how serious of a crisis this is and everyone is just loving ignoring it lol

not everyone, I'm stressing bro

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

hahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahhahaha

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

There truly is a perfect dril quote for every occasion.

This is like America's Chernobyl, except instead of correcting course after a short period we're just in total denial about months later. It's like if the Russians had built a roller coaster around the open reactor core and people were playing in the graphite ash to prove that it can't hurt you.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

SchrodingersCat posted:

Amazing fact: Despite working in a healthcare facility, I have somehow managed to not have contact with someone with COVID.

In the last week I've had three exposures to COVID because of the lovely testing.

Goodbye goons, I'll think of you as I'm wretching up my liquified lungs.

just post through it

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

mastershakeman posted:

I'm a firm believer that it's cold weather not sturgis but that's pretty drat funny

Healthy young biker goes to Sturgis, gets pumped with massive shot of many liquors, doesn't feel good and changes - COVID. Many such cases!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Harley Davidson will kill us all - I KNEW it!

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://wjla.com/news/local/dc-preps-for-multiple-pro-trump-rallies-on-saturday-streets-closed-parking-restricted

quote:

WASHINGTON (WJLA) — With multiple pro-Trump rallies planned for the weekend, D.C. Police have announced street closures on Saturday and restricted parking beginning Thursday night.

Upset that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are the president and vice-present elect, the groups are staging protests in numerous cities to support President Trump’s claim that he won the election.

Promoters of the “Million MAGA March” are saying “Millions of Trump Supporters will be marching from the Supreme Court in Washington D.C. to the White House on Saturday November 14.”

One rally has been called for Saturday at noon on Freedom Plaza, two blocks from the White House.
Others are promoting a “Stop the Steal” rally.
Police say if they come, their guns are not welcome in D.C.

As of Thursday, The National Park Service does not list any of those rallies as having requested First Amendment permits to gather or march.

I'm sure everyone will be wearing a mask

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

imagine getting covid to defend the honor of joe bjten or donald truno

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Paradoxish posted:

If you're spending time in an indoor space with a large number of people without being fully suited up in PPE, then you're probably going to catch this sooner or later.

not gonna lie, this is partly why I let myself have candy for breakfast sometimes. If this is the last year alive on this earth, gently caress if I'm not going to indulge my child-self a little before I shuffle off this mortal coil

Next-Gen
Sep 22, 2004

Ted Nugent is the next generation in Joint Combat soldiers

completely forgot about the maga marches this weekend, nice way to seed a thanksgiving apocalypse throughout rural america

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

chud congregation

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

my pops ordered me a heated blanket to my house because I mentioned it the other day and it made me wanna cry dude

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1327096373322407936?s=19

It feels like purposefully dropping a handful of marbles on an uneven ground and yelling at them to come back to you and getting angry when they don't

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Next-Gen posted:

completely forgot about the maga marches this weekend, nice way to seed a thanksgiving apocalypse throughout rural america

That's the plan, right?

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

Louisgod posted:

It kinda rules that millions will suffer because of a smash mouth concert

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1327096373322407936?s=19

It feels like purposefully dropping a handful of marbles on an uneven ground and yelling at them to come back to you and getting angry when they don't

so do these governors, like, not have the power to propose, draft, and implement legislation to restrict activities that meaningfully increase the risk of transmission, or is this purely meant to deflect blame for them opening 'er up at the demand of businesses