Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Osmosisch posted:

This is an incredibly minor thing, but would it be possible to take COVID out of the title? One of the many great things about this game is the way it gets me out of the news cycle.

I figured if it bothers me there might be others.

Genshin Impact: Emergency food vs the Parasitic Bourgeoisie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Bear in mind, when the event starts for you, you can't access it through the events menu, you have to go in via the mail or the notices menu

Using Diluc's skill 3 times removes two of my water swords just from the grass fire, argh

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
I gotta say I am super impressed with the devs being responsive and fixing poo poo. It really feels like they care about the game. I am definitely a fan of the frequent "hey here's how we hosed up, now it's fixed, have some gems" thing.

And yeah, I know they can afford it with Genshin's success, but still. It makes me hopeful for the future.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

game bugged out and didn't open chapter ten of the adventure log after i finished chapter 9.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I did it, I defeated Floor 3 and got Xiangling.

It's a lot to ask, I know but what do I do with her artifacts wise? I have no idea what I should be doing with anyone. Who benefits from Elemental Mastery who it'd be a waste on, etc. I looked through the thread earlier and found out that Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers was a good weapon for Barbara and I was like 'Oh, I've got like 8 of those, lemme give her one and refine it'

Oh right, and what are those story missons about? Just a chance to use other characters you might not have unlocked or what?

edit: Everyone can't stop talking about the Crescent Pike and I had a spear prototype just sitting around because I didn't have a spear user at all up until now so I already have that.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Nov 13, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

kater posted:

game bugged out and didn't open chapter ten of the adventure log after i finished chapter 9.
I've got sad news for you friend... that's no bug.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Condensed resin rules and it makes me happy

I just wish you could stock more than three at a time

Also where do you pick up crystal cores, I have like sixty of them stocked but I can't for my life remember which flying bug drops them

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

inthesto posted:

Condensed resin rules and it makes me happy

I just wish you could stock more than three at a time

Also where do you pick up crystal cores, I have like sixty of them stocked but I can't for my life remember which flying bug drops them

The fancy butterflies drop them. There're Geo and some other type I can't remember well. I think Crystal Butterfly.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

RareAcumen posted:

The fancy butterflies drop them. There're Geo and some other type I can't remember well. I think Crystal Butterfly.

Yeah Crystal Butterflies. You mostly see them at night, there's always 4-5 around the big tree in Windrise.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

matryx posted:

Hmm, I'm on PC (Europe region) and I've got no such event. Odd

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/edit?ts=5f983afa#gid=100510092 This is pretty boss

VV Good to know. Thanks!

Careful that one is somewaht wrong. I know it's being updated soon with some more correct data

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I'm a little iffy on condensed resin. It halves the number of domains/ley-lines you need to do, but the amount required for the BP weekly hasn't changed. I figure if I use it a bunch I'll just have to run a ton of those things for 0 reward on sunday to fill out the requirements.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

RareAcumen posted:

I did it, I defeated Floor 3 and got Xiangling.

It's a lot to ask, I know but what do I do with her artifacts wise? I have no idea what I should be doing with anyone. Who benefits from Elemental Mastery who it'd be a waste on, etc. I looked through the thread earlier and found out that Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers was a good weapon for Barbara and I was like 'Oh, I've got like 8 of those, lemme give her one and refine it'

For now, it's enough to know what everyone's key stat is, and just put artifacts on them that improve that stat (either through artifact stats or set bonuses).

It's usually easy to figure out what a character's key stat by reading their talent descriptions. For Xiangling (and anyone who does damage by doing their basic attack), it's ATK, so put a bunch of high ATK artifacts on her.

Barbara's key stat is HP (if you read the description of her skill and burst, they both key off her max hp), and you don't care about her damage output, so outfit her with HP-granting artifacts and make sure she gets the Adventurer's +1000 HP set bonus.

It's pretty straightforward. Elemental Mastery is good for people who do damage with elemental reactions. For example, if your combat strat is to get enemies wet and then apply Pyro to them to do damage with Vaporize, then the person doing the damage is the Pyro character, and they should get EM bonuses. If you do it the other way around (e.g. apply fire with Gouba and then use Mona or Childe or whoever to Vaporize with their Hydro attacks), then the Hydro character is the one doing damage with the reaction, and they're the ones who need EM.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Vargs posted:

I'm a little iffy on condensed resin. It halves the number of domains/ley-lines you need to do, but the amount required for the BP weekly hasn't changed. I figure if I use it a bunch I'll just have to run a ton of those things for 0 reward on sunday to fill out the requirements.

It is counted when you make them.

Oh you meant the domain challenge. Abyss counts for that so you can just bang your head against the wall a bit.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

No Wave posted:

I've got sad news for you friend... that's no bug.

Leveling 8 Gladiators/Troupe pieces to finish the thing seems to be something I'm regretting now.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Wow this new web event thing is great, I press a button and it says request failed

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah doing the domain challenge quick isn't a big deal, just hit whatever low-level domain and steamroll through it, it takes longer to zone in and run over to start the fights than to actually kill them all. Leylines are a bit trickier since you either need to plan ahead or actually spend resin, since you can only "beat" four leylines per day without spending anything. It's probably the most annoying of the challenges even if it isn't really hard.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
I've been thinking of a party comp from my very lacking character selection. I like playing Chongyun or Kaeya, so I figured I'd try either of those as the main DPS, then Xiangling for applying fire, Qiqi for healing & the fire archer just for getting the +25% attack buff (I don't have other fire characters yet). The firebreath bear + Chongyun gives me plenty of easy melts, reducing ele resist & all attacks from his frost area become elemental. Does this sound workable?

I figured going all out on attack for the main DPS is probably the way to go, but I do get a fair amount of melts; would elemental mastery be worth it? Probably not, since it'd sacrifice a ton of atk?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ashenai posted:

For now, it's enough to know what everyone's key stat is, and just put artifacts on them that improve that stat (either through artifact stats or set bonuses).

It's usually easy to figure out what a character's key stat by reading their talent descriptions. For Xiangling (and anyone who does damage by doing their basic attack), it's ATK, so put a bunch of high ATK artifacts on her.

Barbara's key stat is HP (if you read the description of her skill and burst, they both key off her max hp), and you don't care about her damage output, so outfit her with HP-granting artifacts and make sure she gets the Adventurer's +1000 HP set bonus.

It's pretty straightforward. Elemental Mastery is good for people who do damage with elemental reactions. For example, if your combat strat is to get enemies wet and then apply Pyro to them to do damage with Vaporize, then the person doing the damage is the Pyro character, and they should get EM bonuses. If you do it the other way around (e.g. apply fire with Gouba and then use Mona or Childe or whoever to Vaporize with their Hydro attacks), then the Hydro character is the one doing damage with the reaction, and they're the ones who need EM.

Ah, so stacking as much EM on Razor was a good idea after all, since my battle strategy has me yo-yoing from him to Kaeya and Barbara.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Elemental mastery is strong it's just hard to fit on your artifacts. Most offensive characters want pyro/lightning/physical % on their goblet and crit on their hat and most supports are more interested in energy recharge on their timepiece than EM. There are a few exceptions like Fishl where elemental mastery on timepiece is probably better but there are so few supports that would turn down 50% ult recharge.

If your other artifacts haven't rolled you any crit substats and you don't have a crit weapon it might be better to go EM on hat than crit for support units, especially anemos.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 13, 2020

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Are people seeing the web event on the North American server? I'm seeing posts about this everywhere.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Ah, so stacking as much EM on Razor was a good idea after all, since my battle strategy has me yo-yoing from him to Kaeya and Barbara.

For razor you really want to upgrade your highest rarity attack % or physical damage artifacts. Don't worry too much about artifact set bonuses, but you'll want gladiator, sojourner, etc. Crit damage and % is nice but you don't see very much return on that until higher levels where you get a bunch from artifact substats.

Freeze with Kaeya, quickly switch to Barbara to active thrilling tales, then switch to Razor to pop his ult which will proc superconductor, and go to town.

Madox
Oct 25, 2004
Recedite, plebes!

Pope Urbane II posted:

Are people seeing the web event on the North American server? I'm seeing posts about this everywhere.

I'm not seeing it either, maybe not active yet

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

How does the Thrilling Tales buff work anyways? It is ONLY for the next character you switch to or does the buff persist for the duration if you swap to yet another character? If it's the former, what if you get the buff on your main DPS, then switch to Fischl to lay down a bird, then go back to your main dps? Does the dps still have it?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vargs posted:

How does the Thrilling Tales buff work anyways? It is ONLY for the next character you switch to or does the buff persist for the duration if you swap to yet another character? If it's the former, what if you get the buff on your main DPS, then switch to Fischl to lay down a bird, then go back to your main dps? Does the dps still have it?

If it works with just the first character you switch to, assuming the graphical effect accurately represents the status.

Madox
Oct 25, 2004
Recedite, plebes!

Vargs posted:

It persists for the duration and applies to anyone that switches in during that time. You can see it active by the little rising arrow effect.

UltraRed posted:

If it works with just the first character you switch to, assuming the graphical effect accurately represents the status.

The arrow effect is still there for the 2nd person to switch in, when I try it

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

The buff is only applied to the first character you switch to.

If you switch to a second character during the buff duration, the second character does not have the buff.

If you switch back to the first character, they will still have the buff.

Madox posted:

The arrow effect is still there for the 2nd person to switch in, when I try it
Pretty sure you must be getting confused with another buff from some source, since this is not the case for me.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Pope Urbane II posted:

I'm AR42 on NA server and have not seen anything about a new event

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

It's live on EU servers at least.

The web event is really janky and kinda sucks. I'll suffer through it to get 200 primos though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thanks for the links for artifacts stuff guys!

Also this game plays and looks so much better on mobile now. My phone also doesn’t feel like it’s gonna melt!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Whats this about special hilichurls that spawn rarely in the world? What did I miss, do I get something special after killing them?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

you get 18 AR XP. He's supposed to very rarely drop a trivial amount of primogems but I've only gotten cabbages.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

No Wave posted:

you get 18 AR XP. He's supposed to very rarely drop a trivial amount of primogems but I've only gotten cabbages.

Are there any screenshots of that or is it just some guy's uncle who works for mihoyo?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

As far as I'm aware it doesn't "drop" primogens but there are achievements for killing it a few times.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Pope Urbane II posted:

It started half an hour ago. I too support abolishing time zones.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Ashenai posted:

That's been my interpretation but it's weird. I use Qiqi with Atk stats because they boost her healing, Lisa with EM, and Xiangling with physical dps stats. My go-to is to pop Qiqi's cold, swap to Lisa and drop a superconduct, then go to Xiangling to start racking up damage. When I need to break a shield or blow up a group I'll drop her fire bear and swap to Lisa to apply Overload.

All of this seems like it should work really well and it leaves me room for a fourth party member to swap around, but in practice I feel like Lisa's reactions do basically nothing in comparison to Xiangling's physical damage. It feels like smacking dudes with a wet noodle. I wish I could find a youtuber who had done some investment and wanted to compare different stat weights on the caster characters.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I find the electric element to be kinda the most disappointing. I loved Lisa's charcter design but other than water slimes, she just isn't that effective. I thought Beidou would be an improvement, but I'm not sure if I'm using her correctly

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Elemental reaction damage (that isn't Vaporize or Melt) only care about 2 things, the level of the triggering character and their Elemental Mastery. So if your Lisa is a low level, she won't deal that much damage with overload. To get a general ideal of damage at given levels, Overload's base damage is 375 at level 40. With ~400 Elemental Mastery (+150% damage) you're looking at about 937.5 damage on the target.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Osmosisch posted:

This is an incredibly minor thing, but would it be possible to take COVID out of the title? One of the many great things about this game is the way it gets me out of the news cycle.

I figured if it bothers me there might be others.

I agree

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

berenzen posted:

Elemental reaction damage (that isn't Vaporize or Melt) only care about 2 things, the level of the triggering character and their Elemental Mastery. So if your Lisa is a low level, she won't deal that much damage with overload. To get a general ideal of damage at given levels, Overload's base damage is 375 at level 40. With ~400 Elemental Mastery (+150% damage) you're looking at about 937.5 damage on the target.

My Lisa is max level for my AR alongside my Xiangling (both 60). I've also got her talents maxed. I feel like long-term we're going to figure out that elemental mastery is a noob trap and reactions are mostly about setting up CC for your physical carries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Dropbear posted:

I've been thinking of a party comp from my very lacking character selection. I like playing Chongyun or Kaeya, so I figured I'd try either of those as the main DPS, then Xiangling for applying fire, Qiqi for healing & the fire archer just for getting the +25% attack buff (I don't have other fire characters yet). The firebreath bear + Chongyun gives me plenty of easy melts, reducing ele resist & all attacks from his frost area become elemental. Does this sound workable?

I figured going all out on attack for the main DPS is probably the way to go, but I do get a fair amount of melts; would elemental mastery be worth it? Probably not, since it'd sacrifice a ton of atk?

You definitely want to run ATK on your main DPS, who should be Chongyun (best popsicle boi). EM is nice to have, but not at the expense of ATK. The best way to make use of EM on a carry is to have supports grant it to the party via Instructor artifacts and/or have Sucrose. I use both and hit around 300 EM on my Chongyun. :cool: Instructor is still very potent on its own and will make melts do about +20% damage. Note that Instructor's description is mistranslated, and the 120 EM is shared when the equipped character triggers a reaction.

I don't really recommend running Amber just to get the pyro resonance, though. You're limiting yourself too much on reactions that way. I'm not sure what level you are, but it sounds like at least 60 judging by what you said about Chongyun's field. At that level, I think you should have access to the Viridescent Venerer set dropped in the Valley of Remembrance domain. It makes anemo characters ridiculously good at supporting DPSers that mainly do one type of elemental damage. It's particularly amazing on Venti and Sucrose, but anemo Traveler can make good use of it too.

Finally, pray to get Xingqiu because Chongyun/Xingqiu are an unstoppable powercouple.