Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://twitter.com/Zelina_VegaWWE/status/1326916300107636736

https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/status/1326927875069636611

https://twitter.com/BRWrestling/status/1327011667775873025

There were heaps. Shinsuke looked good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this is the coolest dude on the planet

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Vince MechMahon posted:

But his defining feature is his SOUPBONES.
For me, Bikertaker's defining feature is the SARA tattoo.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this is the coolest dude on the planet

I remember when I first got into NJPW, I had three consecutive nights where I had nightmares where he was stalking me. The first two were completely bizarre, but the third one was just him beating the poo poo out of me in a Home Depot. That felt kinda lazy, imo.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

frankenfreak posted:

For me, Bikertaker's defining feature is the SARA tattoo.

Personally mine is the two-sessions-in-laser-tattoo-removal of "ARA"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am so relieved Taker ended his career as Biker Taker, a gimmick so bad I just stopped watching wrestling for like 8 years. Lamest thing I've ever seen, and Vince has tried often to make something lamer.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Taker has spent the last few years fully ruining any fond memories anyone might still have for him, kudos to a true avant garde artist

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jeff Hardy's picture is pretty good

He's either the undertaker or a guy at the card shop that is going to tell me how bad I am at magic the gathering

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

When I was in high school I caught a high fever complete with delirium and apparently I was having hallucinations about "the Undertaker coming to get me", or so my mom said. I don't remember any of it, and I never learned if it was a biker or a zombie.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Thauros posted:

it's important to keep winning against yourself

She had won the victory against herself.

She loved Big Rossy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/tanahashi1_100/status/1327111771094609920

(Tanahashi turned 44)

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i just did a quick google search and I believe that nyla rose, brandi, allie, thunder rosa, leva bates, and serena deeb are all over 30 (and a number of them over 35). britt is 29. more than half of wwe's women's champions are 30 or older (all except kay lee ray and sasha banks, with nia and shayna obviously being on the top end).

i don't know if this is subtweeting big companies or the indie space or everybody, but I wonder how far this goes (I obviously believe lufisto's actual lived experience, just kind of wondering if something set it off in particular).

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

She's always working/angling for a job with a major company and yeah it usually involves subtweeting or bringing up how overlooked she's been.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Mob posted:

She's always working/angling for a job with a major company and yeah it usually involves subtweeting or bringing up how overlooked she's been.

yeah what i meant was "is she actually correct?" but I didn't want it to seem like I'm saying "you're not trying hard enough" because that is certainly not where I was angling.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i do wish she'd at least get a match on Dark. had COVID not been a thing im sure we would have seen at least a few quebec based regulars get a chance at the inevitable Montreal tapings that would have happened

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the best thing is that’s not even the first time sasha has used an Undertaker impersonation as a thinly veiled excuse to post aheago

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

JOHN CENA posted:

i do wish she'd at least get a match on Dark. had COVID not been a thing im sure we would have seen at least a few quebec based regulars get a chance at the inevitable Montreal tapings that would have happened

Only a matter of time before TDT and Mike Bailey make that level imo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

Have TDT done a dark for Vince or gotten an offer from him or anyone else?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Have TDT done a dark for Vince or gotten an offer from him or anyone else?

They did extra work for No Way Jose and worked some matches for Impact.

The whole visa deal like always is such an issue for Canadian workers.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I want Shinsuke Taker to be a thing now

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

stab posted:

Seeing TDT on Dark would probably give me a stroke.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Man those Taker tributes made me panic for a sec, thought another celebrity died

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Man those Taker tributes made me panic for a sec, thought another celebrity died

if a celebrity died it would be in poor taste for the WWE to dress up their contractors as a cartoon grave digger, really

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Utilizing the roster as cartoon grave diggers is WWE’s next revenue stream.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Karma Tornado posted:

if a celebrity died it would be in poor taste for the WWE to dress up their contractors as a cartoon grave digger, really

Has that ever stopped then in the past?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Karma Tornado posted:

I mean, wasn't there a time where The Undertaker did a Make a Wish thing and turned up in a hearse?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Procrastinator posted:

yeah what i meant was "is she actually correct?" but I didn't want it to seem like I'm saying "you're not trying hard enough" because that is certainly not where I was angling.

I think her medical history is the stopper more than her age. She had what was believed to be a stroke awhile back and I think it turned out to be a congenital heart defect, she had cervical cancer a couple years ago, she had some sort of knee problem (I think severe arthritis) that led to her saying she was retiring last year. From what I understand she's putting on good matches again, but there's just a lot of medical red flags that probably lead to major promotions not wanting to sign her for anything long term.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

StarkRavingMad posted:

I think her medical history is the stopper more than her age. She had what was believed to be a stroke awhile back and I think it turned out to be a congenital heart defect, she had cervical cancer a couple years ago, she had some sort of knee problem (I think severe arthritis) that led to her saying she was retiring last year. From what I understand she's putting on good matches again, but there's just a lot of medical red flags that probably lead to major promotions not wanting to sign her for anything long term.

Yeah, the stroke alone would make me think twice about hiring someone for a job where they're at constant risk of concussions.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
he's not a celebrity lmao he's a fake fighter

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
All celebrities are fake

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

he's not a celebrity lmao he's a fake fighter

Do you think there is some kind of restriction on what careers can be celebrities? If so, please list them cause I would like to know.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Do you think there is some kind of restriction on what careers can be celebrities? If so, please list them cause I would like to know.

You have to be celebrated to be a celebrity, not a geek who gets blown off by LeBron for a photo op.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

You have to be celebrated to be a celebrity, not a geek who gets blown off by LeBron for a photo op.

He's celebrated by plenty of people, LeBron just has taste. Trump is only celebrated by loving idiots and is constantly getting blown off by famous sports figures, but he's still a celebrity.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

StarkRavingMad posted:

oh yeah, i know, my heart goes out to her and I hope somebody sees her value. But a number of the women having good matches on tv are in fact 30+, so my naive thought would be that she's more referencing backstage or indie aspects, idk. Just wanted to see if there was a conversation around older women actually being functionally kept down currently. I mean Mickie James should be doing a lot more than she was doing, even before quarantine if that was her recent major roadblock.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Undertaker is very bad imo

cams
Mar 28, 2003

THINGS I LIKE ABOUT THE UNDERTAKER:

1) Once had a very good match with CM PUNK

END OF LIST

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

cams posted:

THINGS I LIKE ABOUT THE UNDERTAKER:

1) Once had a very good match with CM PUNK

END OF LIST

2. His theme music from the ministry era.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Procrastinator posted:

oh yeah, i know, my heart goes out to her and I hope somebody sees her value. But a number of the women having good matches on tv are in fact 30+, so my naive thought would be that she's more referencing backstage or indie aspects, idk. Just wanted to see if there was a conversation around older women actually being functionally kept down currently. I mean Mickie James should be doing a lot more than she was doing, even before quarantine if that was her recent major roadblock.

From what I understand backstage she's like Steen in ROH when Cornette was the booker and at the merch table she's like Virgil.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

Had to post it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysw2M3SSC50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Vince MechMahon posted:

3. Shat in Lawler's Crown (per Bobby The Brain)