Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Heir Apparent was available briefly by mistake but it's not available to anyone for a while now. No clue what ownership if any will be required at that time.

Lol this sucks so much and I hope anyone who wanted it was able to get it because this gun absolutely fucks (and is good for doing machine gun bounties on Europa because it'll be several hours of stuff on Europa before you get a machine gun, if you don't already have one of the few non sunset lmgs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

DrNutt posted:

Is it still Pre Gaming if you're just high all the time, or is that why the Elite is in there?

:ninja:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I just realized in all my time playing this game, the sunshot catalyst has never dropped for me. Does it have a stupid low drop rate or am I just super unlucky?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I just realized in all my time playing this game, the sunshot catalyst has never dropped for me. Does it have a stupid low drop rate or am I just super unlucky?

It has a stupid low drop rate but that doesn't discount you also being hugely unlucky.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Well, I finished the campaign and Bungie wouldn't be Bungie if they didn't do their old thing when they have actual good writers working for them such as GeneralBatutta writing inconsequential poo poo such as lore and the book but the main campaign is written by a 10 year old with Varix sounding like Yoda after he had a stroke.

And he is the most memorable character, everybody else are complete non-entities.

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 13, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sekenr posted:

Well, I finished the campaign and Bungie wouldn't be Bungie if they didn't do their old thing when they have actual good writers working for them such as GeneralBatutta writing inconsequential poo poo such as lore and the book but the main campaign is written by a 10 year old with Varix sounding like Yoda after he had a stroke.

insect-like chattering

Yes?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i thought the moment to moment dialogue was fine, but did think it was hilarious just how much info only existed in the like 4 paragraphs of text you get when accepting a quest

by lightfall this game is just gonna be a visual novel and i'll be honest, i'd prefer that to the storytelling they've got going now

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

insect-like chattering

Yes?

:D

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Judge Tesla posted:

Spare a thought for the people who used silver to buy weapon skins for Recluse, Hammerhead and other weapons which have now been sunsetted, that'll sting a bit.

I will not.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
just wanna say

the grandpas are gay and i appreciate that

also apparently moon bounties are giving extra xp right now

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Specifically the Eris repeatables, not the lectern bs or her daily ones.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Also lol @ the forced moral ambiguity with Ana

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

RBA Starblade posted:

I bought BL, I just don't know if it's technically going to want me to have owned some other expansion besides that on PC to get it

Guardian Games (and the exotic MG) was available for FTP players last time, so it'll probably be available to anyone. Kinda annoying that I missed getting it yesterday, though.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
game still bad?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sample_text posted:

game still bad?

It's the same game it's been for three years. Balance is all over the place, poo poo is grindy, Bungie makes weird decisions, the shooting is super fun.

If you liked it before you'll like it now. If you didn't like it before, you won't like it!

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Heir Apparent was available briefly by mistake but it's not available to anyone for a while now. No clue what ownership if any will be required at that time.

For a Destiny player the accidental FOMOs outnumber the intentional FOMOs.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Psycho Landlord posted:

It has a stupid low drop rate but that doesn't discount you also being hugely unlucky.

Figured as much and yes I am unlucky lol.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
So, in less complain-y chat, I feel Bungie missed an opportunity with the gun execution finisher. They should have turned the enemy away from the player and called the finisher "Always Was".

510rems
Mar 26, 2010

GentlemanGiant posted:

I think an easy workaround would be to make all engrams work like umbrals and give Rahool the ability to focus them into a selection of drops from vaulted content that changes weekly. As a side effect you'd get those Xur selling Gjallarhorn "you had to be there" moments that Bungie apparently loves.

this was posted a while ago, but i really like this idea

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Moon bounties have been turned off.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

I just realized that thanks to Stasis (insect-like chattering) the Elemental Capacitor perk on some guns do absolutely nothing.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Psycho Landlord posted:

Moon bounties have been turned off.

was just farming them and noticed you couldnt buy the repeats. loving rip bungie.

nice of bungie to be able to control all aspects of their game server side, but cant fix guns or exploits that way.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Deeturbomber posted:

I just realized that thanks to Stasis (insect-like chattering) the Elemental Capacitor perk on some guns do absolutely nothing.

If it makes you feel better, that perk barely did anything in the first place.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Hm I just did a nightfall on Nessus? I thought it was all removed..

Didn't work either way.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Psycho Landlord posted:

If it makes you feel better, that perk barely did anything in the first place.

Yeah, but now I don't even have the placebo.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

slow_twitch posted:

Hm I just did a nightfall on Nessus? I thought it was all removed..

Didn't work either way.

Nessus is still in the game. Mercury, Mars, Titan and Io were the locations removed.

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but one of the upcoming exotics seems to be a rifle body carrying some kind of crystal staff:

it's a bit more obvious in the ornament which removes some of the rifle bits:

i hope it's good because it looks very cool

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Is there anything that explains how/why the Traveller fixed itself? I'm only a couple quests in but I don'tt hink it's even been mentioned yet...

e]finding a magic staff and just building a gun around it is awesome :allears:

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Is there anything that explains how/why the Traveller fixed itself? I'm only a couple quests in but I don'tt hink it's even been mentioned yet...

e]finding a magic staff and just building a gun around it is awesome :allears:

It pulled its protection from the vaulted planets to get some of its juice back, no?

Given the Traveler's historical modus operandi of up and leaving when systems get too dangerous for it, I can fully believe it would sacrifice some planetary systems to heal itself in preparation for an exit.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

oh yeah right.. it was just the cool part of Nessus they removed.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Is there anything that explains how/why the Traveller fixed itself? I'm only a couple quests in but I don't think it's even been mentioned yet...

I don't remember seeing any either, but I would image it's because it knows the darkness is coming and it will need to have a little more protection.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

Spare a thought for the people who used silver to buy weapon skins for Recluse, Hammerhead and other weapons which have now been sunsetted, that'll sting a bit.

lol at anyone who bought a Hammerhead skin when the default was perfect.

slow_twitch posted:

oh yeah right.. it was just the cool part of Nessus they removed.

Meanwhile, the Nightfall mission still has Cayde.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

super sweet best pal posted:

Meanwhile, the Nightfall mission still has Cayde.

Patrols have mentions too, like hes still working away.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Yeah, the season ending event had us stand around for an hour or so to give our energy to Goku/Traveler to spirit bomb the darkness away

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just in case anyone else got excited about Xûr, his engram doesn't give you the new exotics.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Just in case anyone else got excited about Xûr, his engram doesn't give you the new exotics.

It just gave me the hat I was already wearing but with a worse stat spread.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Gave me some kickass fuckin skypants tho

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Sekenr posted:

And he is the most memorable character, everybody else are complete non-entities.

it's kind of the biggest problem with destiny as a whole. the setting is interesting, the worldbuilding is neat, the characters are intriguing... and then the actual plot is told in the blandest manner possible. i spend too much time wondering about what destiny would be like as a RPG or something (or even just more story-focused FPS like halo.) the exception to the bad storytelling is all the stuff generalbattuta writes and i'd say a lot of the really compelling stuff about destiny rest on his shoulders (didn't he write those letters between the darkness and the guardian?)

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

Sample_text posted:

game still bad?

xzzy posted:

It's the same game it's been for three years. Balance is all over the place, poo poo is grindy, Bungie makes weird decisions, the shooting is super fun.

If you liked it before you'll like it now. If you didn't like it before, you won't like it!

So basically.

yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If you were primarily a pvp player before you might actually dislike it now

Stasis is a huge problem, Control is back to being SBMM, there are no new maps or modes, and the weapons (while currently superfluous due to Stasis) suffer from tremendous imbalance & an extremely small pool of competitive options

The game is at a great place right now for people who like to check in on Destiny every 6-12 months, play solo exclusively, hit the power cap (because number go up is fun!) and then come back in a year.