Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dr. Baker posted:

Should I feel bad for Tony Nese?

He's probably being paid better than he was in evolve and the indies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

RealFoxy posted:

There's this very uniquely NXT issue where they have too many stars and not enough midcarders/jobbers so people that SHOULD be stars become jobbers, and people that should be jobbers sometimes end up with way too much TV time.

Like if you took the entire NXT women's division and dumped them into SHIMMER 2k20 it'd be one of the best rosters out there but not even Io Shirai feels like a star anymore because the roster's so crowded and she doesn't get to just do Io Shirai things that often.

I'm still able to enjoy the NXT women's division more than the women divisions in the other big US companies or brands anyway for what it's worth, but I also don't have a ton of experience watching the indies so I don't have much else to compare it to. I like that everyone is a credible threat to anyone else.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Dr. Baker posted:

Should I feel bad for Tony Nese?

If his downside is good and he just wants money, then maybe yes. If he wants to wrestle then maybe no.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Well that's one way to stop Gargano getting the title back

bou
Aug 3, 2006

I think Io Shirai ist the most glorious murder machine i ever watched working in the ring. :stare:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t even read the results anymore, NXT has strong workers and a good women’s division, but if every movie you watched by a specific director always had an ending that insulted your intelligence and made you feel hated would you watch that director’s movies anymore? Even if it starred your favorite actors.

The DCEU has made several billion dollars.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

The DCEU has made several billion dollars.
And then they fired the director under the pretense that he was taking time away to mourn his daughter.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

bou posted:

I think Io Shirai ist the most glorious murder machine i ever watched working in the ring. :stare:

She and Rhea beat the hell out of each other. That was a good match.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
io/rhea was reallllly good

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

And then they fired the director under the pretense that he was taking time away to mourn his daughter.

He stepped away. And he was never doing another one. The only reason he got to do Justice League was that production start was only a week or so after the release of BvS and there simply wasn't time to replace him when it became obvious it was a complete bomb.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Norwegian Rudo posted:

He stepped away. And he was never doing another one. The only reason he got to do Justice League was that production start was only a week or so after the release of BvS and there simply wasn't time to replace him when it became obvious it was a complete bomb.
He was fired and WB used his daughter's death to claim he was stepping away.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
KO on commentary

Edit: What a bad ending I think. Ember gets that distracted that by hitting her finisher on someone else and takes a really bad angle kick and loses again. Since her return she is 0-6. And now she is getting beat up by 5 others.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 26, 2020

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think they're waiting for the WrestleMania season to push Ember. Pretty likely her team will win War Games. I think she did win her first match back though?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Toni Storm, Dakota Kai, and Candice LeRae all being heels is so weird. I assume Mercedes is coming back and will join up with Shotzi and Ember, but still NXT needs more faces.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
"Very timely reference"

Love ya KO

Alright KO is awesome in this.

"why do i bring all these chairs"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Candice turning heel just to join the 3 heels that beat her down the last 2 weeks is some dipshit wwe booking

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Candice turning heel just to join the 3 heels that beat her down the last 2 weeks is some dipshit wwe booking

Uh, Candice has been heel for most of this year. None of the people on her team beat her down the past two weeks. Do you mean Toni?

I like that there's another Ghostface and KO is just like "yeah of course, there were two in the movie."

DM Punk posted:

Toni Storm, Dakota Kai, and Candice LeRae all being heels is so weird. I assume Mercedes is coming back and will join up with Shotzi and Ember, but still NXT needs more faces.

Io and Rhea on the face team. That's gonna be a killer match.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

indi hartwell has to be the fourth heel woman, unless she's still out or hurt or something?

EDIT: oh I guess it would be raquel. weird.

Procrastinator fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 26, 2020

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
My boys :unsmith:

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

stab posted:

My boys :unsmith:

3.0 and Kevin Owens doing a promo together is so good.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Uh, Candice has been heel for most of this year. None of the people on her team beat her down the past two weeks. Do you mean Toni?

I like that there's another Ghostface and KO is just like "yeah of course, there were two in the movie."

Io and Rhea on the face team. That's gonna be a killer match.
Yeah I meant toni.

2nd ghost face is Austin theory

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

DM Punk posted:

3.0 and Kevin Owens doing a promo together is so good.

The best part was it was completely true. Kevin DID give them a ride back after haha

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Digital Jedi posted:

"Very timely reference"

i laughed out loud

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
karion kross came back and looks to be feuding with Damian Priest

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Digital Jedi posted:

karion kross came back and looks to be feuding with Damian Priest

Same day that Finn Balor also returned, meaning he could have just stayed champion this entire time and only one title match would have been missed.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Why would he not immediately challenge for the title since he never actually lost it

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

mooseinfants posted:

Why would he not immediately challenge for the title since he never actually lost it

Scarlett came out in the first segment as Balor was leaving the ramp. And Balor 'knew what you are going to say so tick tock" and left. Priest was in the ring and called out Kross saying he is up to fight anytime.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It is funny that half of NXT calls Finn “Prince.”

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rick posted:

I like that they call him that when the guy child groomer with the Prince gimmick has been warehoused.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Rick posted:

Hunter sees AEW alluding to TNT/WCW canon and being successful so he tries to do the same thing for NXT.

Balor's stock has dropped so hard that nobody cares who he was in NJPW anymore though. His stock has dropped so much that being the first Universal champion doesn't even matter.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Same day that Finn Balor also returned, meaning he could have just stayed champion this entire time and only one title match would have been missed.

That Balor vs. KOR match might've been good but holy poo poo did it age loving terribly.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Jerusalem posted:

didnt balor come back before wargames and sic tue on pat McAfee's group

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
was that the first time someone's evaded an eclipse

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The guys dressed for a street fight should win the street fight

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

"No way, Jose"

"We don't say that name in this house" lol

The Gargano Whey

Sorry folks, Gargano is good.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

graph posted:

was that the first time someone's evaded an eclipse

Signature Moves: Headscissors out of the shadow of the moon

bring back movelists, wiikipedia you fucks

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aww I'm sad Dakota lost. She should be champ.

The Raquel and Rhea pull apart was cool though.

"Indi Wrestling" lol

"We support Indi Wrestling"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Turns out the big payoff to Xia Li is that she's just getting a Rosemary/Abadon/Su Yung gimmick

????

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lol mercedes is back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I can't believe Retaliation is back!