Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The real reason Doomguy and Metroid don't talk is because they sound like Fran Drescher and Gilbert Gottfried respectively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Len posted:

Doomguy yells and breaks things

Samus what, gets punked by Meta Ridley in the first 15 minutes and then spends the rest of the game spinning and pointing a gun at things?

Neither is great but one has significantly more personality than the other

In metroid prime you get to read what her enemies are saying about her, giving you an outside view on your own actions throughout the game. It's a fun way to add some character in a game that's not really story based and barely has any cutscenes (which is a good thing, adding more cutscenes to metroid prime would make it worse).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

christmas boots posted:

The real reason Doomguy and Metroid don't talk is because they sound like Fran Drescher and Gilbert Gottfried respectively

So what's Master Chief sound like

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Mike Tyson

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Master Chief talks all the drat time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85j3TAZ_Dh0

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The very first thing that happens in the Miles Morales game is you having to balance a supervillain crisis with Mom asking you to pick up some groceries. Both Spideys confirmed to be the most wholesome superheroes :blessed:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

The very first thing that happens in the Miles Morales game is you having to balance a supervillain crisis with Mom asking you to pick up some groceries. Both Spideys confirmed to be the most wholesome superheroes :blessed:

Willing to corroborate this but you will need to buy me a ps5 and spiders man

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

loved the one where the space pirates are like 'we tried to replicate the morph ball and we keep crushing dudes to death :confused:'

it owned till it presented the loving dude's confession and game as though it mattered at all, especially after he let an innocent kid go to prison for years and be treated like a public menace gently caress that poo poo lmao

still a fun game

all the chowder man stuff is great

Wait, ddi you come away from that thinking it was supposed to be some redemption for Dylan? That's wild.

My favorite little thing is that Linda's page, at some point after the first time skip, has the LGBT tag added to it. Super subtle and cute bit of development.

EDIT: Heck, since it’s a little thing I like I’ll elaborate. I really like the ending and think it’s both a touching conclusion to the game, and a very fitting conclusion to Dylan’s story arc. You come to find out that this guy knew those people died because of his bad car game, and rather than admit fault, he just wallows in his guilt and his money all these years. He says he’s sorry, and maybe he is, but this oh-so-touching apology only comes out after a teenager served his time for him. And the craziest part? He delivers his confession IN THE FORM OF HIS BAD CAR GAME. THE ONE THAT KILLED THEM. HE STILL COULDN’T LET IT GO. What an rear end in a top hat! Great villain in my opinion.

Ariong has a new favorite as of 06:19 on Nov 13, 2020

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The little touches in the new Spider-Man are incredible. Sometimes when you zip to a point Miles will overcorrect and almost slide off and will have to flail his arms to get balance. Or when you pull someone up from the ground to your perch he'll pull a little too hard and the guy will fly up above him and he'll nearly fall backwards.

Also you can do this

https://twitter.com/realprettydude/status/1327098985601970176

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Solid update to the "walking around finger-gunning people" mechanic

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's a very little thing but I like that Fisk Tower, which was a big work-in-progress tower in the first Spider-Man game, is now finished in the Miles game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So how's Miles Morales? Does it feel like an expansion pack, like Smash Ultimate, or an actual full sequel?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Push El Burrito posted:

The little touches in the new Spider-Man are incredible. Sometimes when you zip to a point Miles will overcorrect and almost slide off and will have to flail his arms to get balance. Or when you pull someone up from the ground to your perch he'll pull a little too hard and the guy will fly up above him and he'll nearly fall backwards.

Also you can do this

https://twitter.com/realprettydude/status/1327098985601970176

I don't know if this was brought up in this thread when it was announced, but they did give him an Into the Spider-Verse suit. It comes with a mod that adds sound effect balloons to attacks, and animates Miles at less FPS than the rest of the game, to match the film:

https://twitter.com/DallienceRNG/status/1326775384818536450

(music not included, but appreciated)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Man that is so trippy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cleretic posted:

I don't know if this was brought up in this thread when it was announced, but they did give him an Into the Spider-Verse suit. It comes with a mod that adds sound effect balloons to attacks, and animates Miles at less FPS than the rest of the game, to match the film:

https://twitter.com/DallienceRNG/status/1326775384818536450

(music not included, but appreciated)

It looks like one of those movies like Who Framed Roger Rabbit with an animated character superimposed over a real-world set :allears:.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

ngl, I’m debating getting a PS5 just for that Good rear end Spider-Man 2 swing tech. The Spiderverse stuff is just icing in the cake.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The fact that they went through the trouble of making sure the Into the Spiderverse costume didn't just look like its movie counterpart but moved like it's movie counterpart is some wicked cool attention to detail.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I don't have a ton of experience with Metroid games- I never played Samus Returns to be honest- does she ever talk or have any dialogue at all besides Fusion and Other M? Aside from Prime 3, the Metroid series is pretty cast light franchise as far as I know so she doesn't do a lot of talking to people or even her self as far as I know.

TBF she didn't really have a personality in Other M either

I was going to say that I felt bad that Jennifer Hale was done dirty like that in Other M, because she's a fantastic voice actress otherwise, but upon googling it I just learned that it was an entirely separate voice actress named Jessica Erin Martin.

I still feel bad for her though because, man, that was one of her first acting credits (on IMDB at least) and what a bomb to start with. Least she's still working though!

I really want to play that spiderman game, it's a dang shame it'll never release on PC most likely as I'd way prefer to play it there. I guess maybe when I eventually get a PS5

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

So how's Miles Morales? Does it feel like an expansion pack, like Smash Ultimate, or an actual full sequel?

I mean, it actually is a full sequel and you have a different character with a new moveset added on. It feels like it'll have a similar gameplay loop, but that's fine, more Spidey but bigger and better is what I wanted.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
You guys know you can get all them Spider-Men on PS4 right? Yeah you won't have ray tracing and the load times will be pretty rough but I predict a certain supply of cheap PS4s in the near future!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

A guy I know is partially deaf and had a whole bunch to say about this clip:

https://twitter.com/Spideycomics7/status/1324729061290217473

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pauly Shore

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
That is really loving cool. I was sort of aware of namesigns and such, and grammar being different in ASL, but never knew how little of a presence it had in media - to see it represented, apparently extremely well, is awesome.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Aww that’s super cool :kimchi:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

loved the one where the space pirates are like 'we tried to replicate the morph ball and we keep crushing dudes to death :confused:'

"Aran's Power Suit technology remains a mystery, especially the curious Morph Ball function. All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes. Science Team wisely decided to move on afterward."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Miles knows 3 languages and I barely speak America.

Also Peter is incredibly supportive of Miles and it's super endearing. None of this "you're not ready for the big stuff", he pushes Miles because he knows he's ready for it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Push El Burrito posted:

Also Peter is incredibly supportive of Miles and it's super endearing. None of this "you're not ready for the big stuff", he pushes Miles because he knows he's ready for it.

Also I gotta imagine it's a huge load off his mind knowing that he can take a sick day or go on vacation and not have to worry about the city going to poo poo while he's gone.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Also I gotta imagine it's a huge load off his mind knowing that he can take a sick day or go on vacation and not have to worry about the city going to poo poo while he's gone.

To be fair, he should know by now that whatever other location he visits will also immediately start going to poo poo the moment he gets there to relax.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

Well yeah, they did all that in the first game. All it takes is one wrong web line and you can rapidly domino down into a catastrophe. Imagine trying to hide you loving up a webswing and ending up with a couple broken teeth from your parents? That secret identity gets hard to manage really quick.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Miles Morale is absolutely a smaller game than PS4 Spider-Man but it really helps that Miles is such a genuinely awesome character. The decision to go away from "helping the police" to "has his own app which he uses to help people in need" is a small but inspired choice because it makes Miles genuinely feel more like a people-person and even though he's protecting New York as a whole it helps emphasize that he's a Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. The fact he comfortably drops into Spanish not as a forced thing but just because it is what he is used to really helps give him a distinctive feel and his body language is so different from Peter that even though the core gameplay is basically the same Miles feels like a whole new character.

It has that "expansion pack" feel to it but an expansion pack that has so much genuine care and heart put into it that it feels worthwhile. It also helps emphasize that Miles is a loving awesome Spider-Man as long as writers care enough to give him the writing he needs (as in Spider-Verse.)

If he isn't at least playable in Spider-Man 2 I'll be really upset because he's honestly a top-tier protagonist and a great companion to Peter.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Something I really like is that the Spiderverse suit I got as a preorder bonus doesn't just follow the general look, it changes the character model to a more stylized version like in the movie. Super rad looking.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

ImpAtom posted:

Miles Morale is absolutely a smaller game than PS4 Spider-Man but it really helps that Miles is such a genuinely awesome character. The decision to go away from "helping the police" to "has his own app which he uses to help people in need" is a small but inspired choice because it makes Miles genuinely feel more like a people-person and even though he's protecting New York as a whole it helps emphasize that he's a Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. The fact he comfortably drops into Spanish not as a forced thing but just because it is what he is used to really helps give him a distinctive feel and his body language is so different from Peter that even though the core gameplay is basically the same Miles feels like a whole new character.

It has that "expansion pack" feel to it but an expansion pack that has so much genuine care and heart put into it that it feels worthwhile. It also helps emphasize that Miles is a loving awesome Spider-Man as long as writers care enough to give him the writing he needs (as in Spider-Verse.)

If he isn't at least playable in Spider-Man 2 I'll be really upset because he's honestly a top-tier protagonist and a great companion to Peter.

My guess is that it will primarily be Peter but with a handful of missions as Miles.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

christmas boots posted:

My guess is that it will primarily be Peter but with a handful of missions as Miles.

Honestly I'd kind of assume the opposite since they have both playstyles fleshed out already. You'll be able to pick who you play as but occasionally have an obligated character for a mission.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
This is a boring answer but it's probably going to depend on the kind of story they want to tell. My guess from the post-credits of the first game is that the villain of the next one is going to be pretty Peter-centric

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

christmas boots posted:

This is a boring answer but it's probably going to depend on the kind of story they want to tell. My guess from the post-credits of the first game is that the villain of the next one is going to be pretty Peter-centric

You would be correct as the stinger for this game is Harry-Venom getting pulled out of his tank, but it's also worth noting that Venom is so associated with "latches onto Peter, makes him an rear end in a top hat" that they could actually have Peter as an antagonist for at least part of the game.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Why would you make a Peter-centric game when Miles exists

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Turns out the main character will actually be Eddie.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Someone made all the essential plot twists and memorable segments of Half Life into one 5 minute level so if you're short on time but get nostalgic you can just play that. It is a game with lots of little 'favourite things' so it's nice of someone to stick them all into a tiny package.

It's part of a larger series of custom made maps https://www.thegamer.com/half-pint-mod-half-life/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm9zaAPuCOo&t=1051s

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

There's an early cutscene where Miles treats moving from Brooklyn to Harlem as if he's moving to another state, which is the most New York thing ever written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Seems like that ties in well with Spider-verse, which makes a big deal about Miles being made to change to a magnet school is seriously uprooting him.