Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Drakyn posted:

If I remember correctly, a hell of a lot of that issue qualifies.

Silver Surfer #8 (1988)
drat shame he lost that coat.

The coat makes him look extra naked underneath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Guardians of the Galaxy #7 takes place at basically a galactic UN meeting discussing the ramifications of the recent joining of the Kree and Skrull empires

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Darthemed posted:

X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever #1 (2016)

The worst x-man ever tries out for the various x-teams:

X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever #2 (2016)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Dunking on Alpha Flight will never not be funny. And I like Alpha Flight.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Poutine is a masterpiece, Sasquatch has the right idea. It's the international sister to my beloved Disco Fries.

That Silver Surfer arc is also really good. I'm not a huge Englehart fan but it's precisely the sort of PG trippiness he excels at.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whiz Comics #22 (1941)

Journey into Mystery #23 (1955)

The Defenders #7 (1973)

Damage Control #4 (1989)

Slapstick #3 (2017)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Was there more than one Damage Control series? I keep seeing the panels posted in here and I never recognize them. Way more cartoony than the series I read.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lobok posted:

Was there more than one Damage Control series? I keep seeing the panels posted in here and I never recognize them. Way more cartoony than the series I read.

Yeah McDuffie wrote 3 different minis.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lobok posted:

Yeah, I looked it up the first time it was posted here.

There's two in '89, one vaguely serious, one slapstick, and a '91 follow up, also slapstick, all 3 were 4 issues long.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wasn't there also a mini or one-shot around Civil War, involving the Chrysler building beating up everyone.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Wasn't there also a mini or one-shot around Civil War, involving the Chrysler building beating up everyone.

Yeah, it was another three issue miniseries.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Wasn't that one a lot less comedic? Like the company had Nitro on its pay roll in an effort to cause high damage events so they could scoop up the rebuilding contracts, or was that their involvement in the Wolverine tie in issues?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Wasn't that one a lot less comedic? Like the company had Nitro on its pay roll in an effort to cause high damage events so they could scoop up the rebuilding contracts, or was that their involvement in the Wolverine tie in issues?

It was the latter, a truly baffling move by Guggenheim, aka Bad Writer Man. You might as well make Slapstick a murderer, or turn Speedball into some kind of self-harming edgelord.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The 2000's Damage Control mini was by McDuffie and it was World War Hulk aftermath thing where they made a lot of money picking up all the adamantium bullets that had been fired at the hulk.

This reminds me: I was kind of disappointed that all of the Damage Control crew got to appear in Spider-Man: Homecoming but as a sinister big corporation...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Marvel TV was working on a Damage Control TV show for a while but it never really got anywhere. I don't think it even made it to casting.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I think it got dumped after DC beat them to air with that Waynetech show that fell face first.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think it got dumped after DC beat them to air with that Waynetech show that fell face first.

I really enjoyed that show.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/LongTallJodie/status/1327812130347728897

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Green Lantern #5 (1942)

Superboy #53 (1956)

Super-Villain Team-Up #5 (1976)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Present Mighty Mutanimals #2 (1991)

Gwenpool Strikes Back #1 (2019)

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Gwenpool Strikes Back #1 (2019)
They're called 'claspers,' as at first they were mistakenly identified as being used to hold a mating pair of sharks together! :eng101:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Darthemed posted:

Green Lantern #5 (1942)

World's greatest detective.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

World's greatest detective.

Sometimes I read an old (or even new) American comic and think to myself: "was the guy who wrote this just really really dumb?"

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Taskmaster #01 (2020)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Drakyn posted:

They're called 'claspers,' as at first they were mistakenly identified as being used to hold a mating pair of sharks together! :eng101:

And that's not even the weirdest penis In the animal kingdom. Some squids can detach their penis while spiders wrap up their cum In a little package they give to the female spider.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Alhazred posted:

And that's not even the weirdest penis In the animal kingdom. Some squids can detach their penis while spiders wrap up their cum In a little package they give to the female spider.

Not that impressive; I can easily detach my penis.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I have no context for this and I am entirely ok with that.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Not that impressive; I can easily detach my penis.

And I have packaged up my cum and sent it to women and several major news networks and this practice will not cease until they meet my demands.*

*I have NOT actually done this

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

davidspackage posted:

And I have packaged up my cum and sent it to women and several major news networks and this practice will not cease until they meet my demands.*

maybe you need one drink, then.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Detective Eye #1 (1940)

Men Against Crime #4 (1951)

Rocky and His Fiendish Friends #1 (1962)

Spidey Super Stories #21 (1977)

(later)

Spider-Man Team-Up #2 (1996)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

davidspackage posted:

You are the one who made John Oliver close his church!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

(The Complete Peanuts 1999-2000)

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Saoshyant posted:

Taskmaster #01 (2020)

Always Be Hustling

There's a new Taskmaster series? How is it? He's one of my favourites!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Alhazred posted:

Ducks have a penis shaped like a corkscrew!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Artelier posted:

Always Be Hustling

There's a new Taskmaster series? How is it? He's one of my favourites!

It's decent! The one issue we have so far was interesting, it's just not quite as good as the rest of the great Marvel stuff happening right now, like Immortal Hulk and Cates' Thor.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Vandar posted:

Ducks have a penis shaped like a corkscrew!

97% of birds don’t even have penises, so duck dicks are extra weird.

Some ducks have a social hierarchy where the dominant male duck grows a gigantic dick and the lesser ducks only grow small dicks that they try to hide from the male duck.

Ducks are weird

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Somberbrero posted:

It's decent! The one issue we have so far was interesting, it's just not quite as good as the rest of the great Marvel stuff happening right now, like Immortal Hulk and Cates' Thor.

I keep wanting to buy some kind of complete collection of Immortal Hulk, but then I always learn that there's more issues despite basically every issue I hear about making me think 'this has to be the finale, they can't keep going after this'.

EDIT: Why did I write 'Immortal Thor'

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 17, 2020

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

You heard about it on Scott Pilgrim lady, just like all the rest of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

May Jameson?