Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Delivery is province-wide? So these are shipped in the mail, same-day probably being impossible in most cases or costing a fortune? There's just layers and layers of good ideas at play here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

WORLDS FIRST garfield restaurant

WORLDS FIRST garfield giant plush

Wow he’s just racking up so many world firsts, the only metric by which success can be measured, and impressive to all no matter what it is

He should set his sights on Everest next. The first, youngest, Saudi Arabian man to summit in an orange suit carrying exclusive Garfield merchandise.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Imagine dreaming of owning your own brand one day and decide to become a risk taking soul rising to become the best version of your self, thinking this is your calling and purpose. Finally, you decide to start you own business somewhere on this Earth’s crust. Great job millennial !

Now, you are on your way to perhaps running the next disruptive billion dollar valuation of the century under the age of 34 years old like Brian Chesky, founded AirBnB at age 27 years old, or Deepinder Goyal founded Zomato at 25 years old or perhaps Travis Kalanick, founded Uber at age 33 years old — yes, that’s still young!

Perhaps, you don’t have such big aspirations for yourself because you just don’t think that big and instead you just open a 1,000 sq.ft pizza shop in your hometown. Don’t worry! You are still counted as a business owner, a boss! Moreover, your pizza brand could become the next Pizza Hut sensation worldwide if it weren’t for those malicious Google reviews fueled by spiteful intent. Now, your chances are slim and your hope is narrowing down. Oh, but it is freedom of speech and every human being is entitled for their own opinion. Right ?

Last time I checked, Ethical Rights was established to allow people to think more rationally and make more informed decisions on how it may affect themselves and others in this world also. Google reviews do not identify ethical parameters to determine the intent of the reviewer in their algorithm or other means to ensure that young entrepreneurs or family businesses, who have mortgaged their entire house or invested their life savings into their dream business, do not file for bankruptcy, god forbid. Those businesses may very well provide high quality service or product to the community or efficiently solve a problem by offering customer service and working long hours multi-tasking (accounting, marketing, selling, social media etc.) as an entrepreneur to guarantee gluten free bread and almond milk on the table for their loved ones. Those businesses may continue to improve their product offerings and flourish with time, if and only if, all stakeholders do not believe every single review without critical thinking and giving them a chance at life as part of the economy.

The definition of a Google Review on Google obviously is:
Google reviews improve local search ranking : One of the biggest benefits that online reviews bring to your business is a boost in local search ranking . More importantly, it means your business is highlighting the fact that you offer a great service, great product and that customers love you.

Reviews may very well improve SEO and that is a great brand awareness strategy and digital marketing idea. However, when you own a starting brand called GarfieldEATS and a reviewer says “I love Bugs Bunny…” and gives you 1 star is irrelevant and unfair bringing your score down from 4.0 to 3.8 after years of hard-work, research and development, and tasty recipe. Of course, it will take a few to bring the score down considerably. So, here is another one by Maria who says

“ These 5 star reviews makes me wonder how much they are paid to write these”
or by Victoria who says
“ I do not take kindly to dishonest owners who can’t take criticism”…

Oh, so an owner must bow for the esteemed criticism, sit back, and watch the brand reputation being distorted negatively in the public eye appearing first on Google search page, when searching for GarfieldEATS affecting the brand perception, employment, and sales. It is these spiteful intents or unnecessary negative energy that can cause investors to worry, employees to feel insecure, and customers to doubt giving no chance for a brand to succeed, even if it is only after 1 month of operations. Many changes, improvements, and ideas can take place on the verge of blossoming and turning things around quickly. That is true resilience and agility any entrepreneur must possess in this uncertain world.

Harmful reviewers are bullies. They can’t let it go, forgive, forget or just shut up if they have nothing nice to say at all. I would respect a reviewer who says your sauce requires more work or your pizza crust tastes better when thick or balancing a review between a positive and a negative, which gives the review weight, credibility, and respect. We do not flag those! Words may hurt and of course as we now know, they may also cause suicides among bullied teenagers. Shouldn’t freedom of REVIEW on the internet by bloggers, customers, and other users be monitored to increase trust among the readers or potential customers and stakeholders. I can think of a few already, but who do I speak to? Is there an agency, regulated institution or bureau that can enforce such programs and procedures on the internet or do I simply speak to the monopolistic organizations, responsible for impacting our societies immensely such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, or other publishers and media power houses?

Google will state that if you do not like the review, then go ahead and flag it. Utterly laughable! Even if you flag and identify the review as irrelevant, spam, hateful, violent, or other, then dream on for the review to be deleted, even if it just simply reads the following by Michael S. :

1 review
3 weeks ago-
Garfield

Google calls that — a boost in local search ranking and that means customers love you. It sounds like to me customers hate you, when they actually are aware of the negative effects it will have on the business’s score and existence. People today, especially millennials are more sophisticated and AWARE than ever of the circumstances and impact of social media or the internet. Oh, yes they know! So we have taken measures in our own hands, at GarfieldEATS we have employed our Happiness Managers, experts in social bots and social research, to actually help protect the brand, its integrity, products, and actual real reviewers’ voice made by real customers, whom we do recognize, frankly speaking. Ask us how? We also recognize past employees who have been sacked or resigned and leave a hateful and revengeful reviews after their departure from the world’s 1st Garfield fast food restaurant in Toronto.
Until Google critically thinks about the 15 countries per GDP, who have 180 million companies and 10 million more form other nations; our Happiness Managers will respond to those suspicious and unethical reviewers in the following manner until further notice or action is taken by Google: ( I said Google now and Google Assistance turns On, how nice !)

Oh oh, This is a spammy review and it has been reported to Google. We apologize to our fans and please be mindful and skeptical of all Google reviews. Love me, feed me, don’t leave me.
Google has no idea of the negative impact on SMEs and young entrepreneurs. If Google wants to be the pioneer of all things smart IoT, artificial intelligence, predictive engine, and machine learning, than we kindly request Google to learn genuine ethical rights on the internet especially when a skeptical review is flagged by an owner for a valid reason, which you may not know of such as a social bot, fraudulent customers, hateful employee or just a fan of Mickey Mouse.

Google must approach flagged reviews by adopting the LACEA method :
Listen, Ask, Consider, Empathize, Action.

Listen to the risk-taking business owners who are making your Google Reviews possible to even leave a review for a business. Without businesses then there are no reviews. Ask the owner why they flagged it and understand with an open mind as you empathize towards their situation and analyze if it is worth jeopardizing a brand and a family for one free opinion fueled by malicious intent. If you want to give reviewers that much sense of freedom of speech, then ask the reviewer if they wish to reconsider this review and educate them on the negative effects it may cause to the business in the community and if they still wish to move forward or withdraw the review. It does’t hurt to Ask and investigate the issue, but this means more labor costs and it is time-consuming. So then flag the drat review and move on with your 9 to 5 job. Take action with empathy or tell your machines to learn with empathy the same way Google Assistant hears with an open ear.

We are blessed today to actually have Google Reviews and social media as a form of listening tools to know what customers really want and they prove to be a great primary/secondary marketing research under our fingertips. We have an excessive amount of information and data to make informed decisions about our beneficial brands and consumer behavior. Monopolistic companies have a huge pressing responsibility on how the world will be shaped in the future and they know it. So, until further notice, do not trust all Google Reviews and be mindful and use your critical thinking for once, this time with a filter.

“youth is an asset, not a liability” — Nathen Mazri

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

US Acres eats. Coming soon!

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Mega64 posted:

There's a half-dozen lines that could be new thread titles but I'm particularly fond of "Let landlords be landmonsters."

I liked “Friendship ended with GarfieldEats, now ScoobyEats is my best friend”

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Shneak posted:

"GarfieldEATS was one of tourists’ destinations to visit in #Toronto" is an amazing memorial quote on this tombstone. May the grift continue.

It got me to visit it :shrug:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I would have gone for a pizza if it existed the one time I was in Toronto, but that was a year before it even opened. Now I have no chance :(

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I am sure someone else noticed this already but the juxtaposition of Nathen and Donald both being the same level of delusional and both having their cons come to an end in November 2020 is like a beautifully rhyming couplet

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Touché Turtle Eats (featuring Dum-Dum Wipes!)

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Secret Squirrel Eats

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I Am Weasel Eats

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
The Eats Wizard of Id

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I would love to know the behind the scenes if what this dudes monthly income / trust fund from his family is. Even before the guy stopped paying rent, it was a wonder how he was paying any bills whatsoever.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
He's the son of a billionaire Middle Eastern (Saudi, IIRC) businessman. Nathen himself is the tpical failson who spent his early years appointed to various positions in his dad's empire, so it's safe to say the costs of running Garfield Eats was basically pocket change.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bloopsy posted:

Both Nathan and Doobie's establishments were thwarted by greedy landlords. Mods it's time to merge both threads!

danged pawn shop across the street stealin all of nathen mazri's business, and wives

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

steinrokkan posted:

He's the son of a billionaire Middle Eastern (Saudi, IIRC) businessman. Nathen himself is the tpical failson who spent his early years appointed to various positions in his dad's empire, so it's safe to say the costs of running Garfield Eats was basically pocket change.

I thought we looked into it and he's not actually the son of a billionaire, more like a ten millionaire, a guy who manages money for billionaires?

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

deedee megadoodoo posted:

US Acres eats. Coming soon!

southern fried Roy with a side of crispy Orson bits

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSapp/status/1327360899754168321

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Bloopsy posted:

Both Nathan and Doobie's establishments were thwarted by greedy landlords. Mods it's time to merge both threads!

Who is Doobie

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Change name of the thread to “Garfield Eats: Closing? Are you Not Entergaged ?!? “

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

I guess this means a west coast GarfieldEats is out of the question

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Those better be garfachinos.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Who are those people behind the counter? The crying John Arbuckle next door in the dark is...an odd touch.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

The Garf's half-pizza, half-cartoon face on the shitter door

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The real Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
Does the App still work?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I Am Weasel Eats

I would eat a whole roasted pigs rear end at a cow and chicken themed restaurant. Bonus points if the cook doesn’t wear pants.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Who are those people behind the counter? The crying John Arbuckle next door in the dark is...an odd touch.

I think the 'OLDEST' munch squad jacket wearer is Justin McElroy, and apparently the woman is a youtuber called strangeaeons. Idk the rest

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Are you allowed to Gift a mail lasagna to someone else? If I lived in Ontario, I would be sending Frozen Big Cow Lasagna to all of my friends and also to all of my enemies.

It's the perfect present for anyone you love but even more so for anyone you hate. Most people visited Garfield Eats only once, as a curiosity, which isn't sustainable. But mailing people a frozen lasagna is a great and (probably, at least for now???) legal way to show people just how you feel about them as many times as you want.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tag yourself I'm the landmonster

Edit: Also by "partnered with UPS" he means "Nathan drives to the UPS store with frozen lasagnas while wearing a giant garfield suit"

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 14, 2020

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

I'm the one in transition away from an information society driven by tech.

What am I transitioning towards? Take my hand. We make this journey together.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That landlord sounds like a real Lyman!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Frank Frank posted:

Edit: Also by "partnered with UPS" he means "Nathan drives to the UPS store with frozen lasagnas while wearing a giant garfield suit"

Honestly, from what I’ve seen at my UPS Store, a man in a Garfield suit walking in to ship lasagnes wouldn’t even be that weird.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
He left us, he's no longer feeding us, I'm starting to think he doesn't love us.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

WORLDS FIRST garfield restaurant

WORLDS FIRST garfield giant plush

Wow he’s just racking up so many world firsts, the only metric by which success can be measured, and impressive to all no matter what it is

WORLD'S FIRST mail order lasagna, maybe.

Until UPS or whoever get very annoyed at squashed rotting lasagna and melted ice contaminating other mail they deliver.

That's presuming anybody actually orders one.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
It probably wouldn’t have been too hard for the landlord to apply for the covid rent relief but I personally would also take the opportunity to sever with my extremely weird and entitled tenant

I wonder if he’ll heckle the new business that eventually moves in

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

CodfishCartographer posted:

He left us, he's no longer feeding us, I'm starting to think he doesn't love us.

It's deadbeats all around.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Is it really a rent strike when Dad decides for once to cut some losses?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CodfishCartographer posted:

you have it backwards. it is we, who left garfield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Killingyouguy! posted:

I think the 'OLDEST' munch squad jacket wearer is Justin McElroy, and apparently the woman is a youtuber called strangeaeons. Idk the rest
StrangeAeons is there because she's a Toronto native and did a few videos on it. There was one where she did a viewer meet-up there but it looks like it's not on YouTube anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FSQaav3b_8

Here's apparently who the others are, but I don't know what they do.
https://twitter.com/mographmike/status/1327346513211691010

BigBadSteve posted:

WORLD'S FIRST mail order lasagna, maybe.

Until UPS or whoever get very annoyed at squashed rotting lasagna and melted ice contaminating other mail they deliver.

That's presuming anybody actually orders one.
There have absolutely been mail-order lasagnas available for ages. SA's favorite food site even has several.
https://www.goldbelly.com/search?q=lasagna

I think it's pretty much guaranteed the mail-order Garfield Eats lasagnas are some other pre-existing lasagna with just a different cover slapped on it. According to the box picture at https://garfieldeats.com/product/frozen-big-cow-lasagna/ it's manufactured by a company called Winona's Harvest, which Google suggests is the same as this company: https://prettospasta.com/. However they don't appear to do direct mail order, so I guess Nathen is innovating.