Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

SK-38, Expand Interkosmos Academy YES
SK-39, Repeal Five-Year Plans YES
HC-40, Integrate North America YES
S-41, Research and Deploy Spying Technology YES
A-42, Surveil the Mars Ruins YES
JR-43, The Extraplanetary Focus Discovery Act YES
I-44, Administrative Overhaul YES
I-45, Diplomatic Overtures YES
P-46, Venera Initiative 2.0 YES
NM-47, the Trans-Newtonian Global Network Project YES
F-48, Organizational Capacity YES
F-49, Long-Term Research Efficiency YES
P-50, X-COM YES
Z-51, IRPA YES
I-52, Armed Spacecraft Development YES
W-53, Lunplan Expansion YES
W-54, Medals YES
W-55, Rename the Comintern YES
H-56, More Medals YES

E: changed vote for I-52, upon clarification from OP

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

P-46, Venera Initiative 2.0 NO
P-50, X-COM YES
Z-51, IRPA YES
W-54, Medals YES
H-56, More Medals YES

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 14, 2020

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
SK-38, Expand Interkosmos Academy Yes
SK-39, Repeal Five-Year Plans Yes
HC-40, Integrate North America Yes
S-41, Research and Deploy Spying Technology Yes
A-42, Surveil the Mars Ruins Yes
JR-43, The Extraplanetary Focus Discovery Act Yes
I-44, Administrative Overhaul No
I-45, Diplomatic Overtures Yes
P-46, Venera Initiative 2.0 No
NM-47, the Trans-Newtonian Global Network Project Yes
F-48, Organizational Capacity Yes
F-49, Long-Term Research Efficiency Yes
P-50, X-COM Yes
Z-51, IRPA Yes
I-52, Armed Spacecraft Development No
W-53, Lunplan Expansion Yes
W-54, Medals Yes
W-55, Rename the Comintern No
H-56, More Medals Yes

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Honestly if the Armed Ship Initiative didn’t come with the cap on industry I’d vote for it.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Rhjamiz posted:

Honestly if the Armed Ship Initiative didn’t come with the cap on industry I’d vote for it.

Yep, same here. Just need to raise the cap then I would be happy to commit to it

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Rhjamiz posted:

I ride bikes all day posted:

I can help you with that:

Gen. Uvorvykishki (ret.), Ukrainian Delegate to the People's Congress

I propose we dedicate our 5 year plan to design, research, prototype, and produce a space superiority ship by 1987. We should dedicate resources to building a dedicated 1000 ton shipyard, with at least 3 slipways, to the production of these ships.

Alternatively, should people prefer to stick with existing shipyard infrastructure, the following design would do well:

I-52 suggests that we direct research and development efforts towards being able to produce a run of railgun-armed system defense craft within five years, in order to protect against either missile launches from terrestrial sources or possible hypothetical alien threats.

I made a big error when recording this originally, the industrial cap was probably intended as a separate proposal and upon reviewing the thread it turns out that half was not seconded, so I edited it out. If you see this and already voted, feel free to edit your vote for I-52 if this would change your opinion on it.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I will change my vote so long as it doesn’t cap or slow the SAP and other industrial projects, yeah. Editing my vote.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Yep, edited my vote as well

Antilles
Feb 22, 2008

The Kalmar Union votes as follows:

SK-38, Expand Interkosmos Academy: YES
SK-39, Repeal Five-Year Plans: YES
HC-40, Integrate North America: YES
S-41, Research and Deploy Spying Technology: YES
A-42, Surveil the Mars Ruins: YES
JR-43, The Extraplanetary Focus Discovery Act: YES
I-44, Administrative Overhaul: YES
I-45, Diplomatic Overtures: YES
P-46, Venera Initiative 2.0: YES
NM-47, the Trans-Newtonian Global Network Project: YES
F-48, Organizational Capacity: YES
F-49, Long-Term Research Efficiency: YES
P-50, X-COM: YES
Z-51, IRPA: YES
I-52, Armed Spacecraft Development: YES
W-53, Lunplan Expansion: YES
W-54, Medals: YES
W-55, Rename the Comintern: YES
H-56, More Medals: YES

Happerry
Nov 4, 2011
P-50, X-COM YES
W-54, Medals YES
H-56, More Medals YES

Kodos666
Dec 17, 2013
SK-39, Repeal Five-Year Plans NO
I-44, Administrative Overhaul NO
P-50, X-COM YES
Z-51, IRPA YES
I-52, Armed Spacecraft Development NO
W-54, Medals YES
H-56, More Medals YES

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

Edited my vote on I-52 as well!

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Votes for the Northern Berkshire Public Council:

SK-38, Expand Interkosmos Academy No
SK-39, Repeal Five-Year Plans No
HC-40, Integrate North America Yes
S-41, Research and Deploy Spying Technology Yes
A-42, Surveil the Mars Ruins Yes
JR-43, The Extraplanetary Focus Discovery Act Yes
I-44, Administrative Overhaul No
I-45, Diplomatic Overtures Yes
P-46, Venera Initiative 2.0 No
NM-47, the Trans-Newtonian Global Network Project Yes
F-48, Organizational Capacity Yes
F-49, Long-Term Research Efficiency Yes
P-50, X-COM Yes
Z-51, IRPA Yes
I-52, Armed Spacecraft Development Yes
W-53, Lunplan Expansion Yes
W-54, Medals Yes
W-55, Rename the Comintern Yes
H-56, More Medals Yes

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

SK-38, Expand Interkosmos Academy: No. Too expensive for now, wait till factory conversion has finished
SK-39, Repeal Five-Year Plans: Abstain. (I doubt we will actually respect this in proposals regardless)
HC-40, Integrate North America No. Object to the 'intelligence agency supplies local rebels' part of this. We don't want to turn into the CIA in Central America
S-41, Research and Deploy Spying Technology: No. An ELINT module is a little over two years of research at 'drop absolutely everything else' levels. GLADIO can't wait that long, so we'll have to make do
A-42, Surveil the Mars Ruins: Yes. Cheap, the alien buildings that may or may not be in ruins are interesting
JR-43, The Extraplanetary Focus Discovery Act: No. Even with discount is 2+ years of max possible research + we don't have a ground scientist. If we graduate one I'd be in favor of a slow-burn on this
I-44, Administrative Overhaul: Yes.
I-45, Diplomatic Overtures: Yes
P-46, Venera Initiative 2.0: No
NM-47, the Trans-Newtonian Global Network Project: Yes (Accept the GM gift!)
F-48, Organizational Capacity: Yes This has to get fixed or it will rapidly tank the entire economy. It's -4% to all mining, production, research, and construction and will only get worse
F-49, Long-Term Research Efficiency: Yes
P-50, X-COM: Yes
Z-51, IRPA: No. Revolutionary international communism is explicitly rejecting ancestry as an organizing principle for government. Soviets should be based on workplace or universal across geographic districts
I-52, Armed Spacecraft Development: Confused. The summary has it as making a railgun ship specifically, but the proposal text is for just building something little and armed of unknown design.
W-53, Lunplan Expansion: No. Earth is better for mining right now, and Luna will stay at max population capacity regardless of infrastructure unless we close it to immigrants.
W-54, Medals: Yes
W-55, Rename the Comintern: Yes
H-56, More Medals: Yes

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Kodos666 posted:

I-44, Administrative Overhaul NO
P-50, X-COM YES
Z-51, IRPA YES
W-54, Medals YES
H-56, More Medals YES

This voting pattern is mirrored (ie echoed) by the Delmarva Commonality.

Antilles
Feb 22, 2008

Foxfire_ posted:

W-53, Lunplan Expansion: No. Earth is better for mining right now, and Luna will stay at max population capacity regardless of infrastructure unless we close it to immigrants.

I believe the plan is only for infrastructure, not a mining facility? Isn't Lunagrad technically undermanned at the moment as it is?

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
SK-38, Expand Interkosmos Academy - Yes
SK-39, Repeal Five-Year Plans - Yes
HC-40, Integrate North America - Yes, but not through peaceful means. New Afrika does not believe that an olive branch should be handed out to the genocidal settler states and the slaver led oppressor nations of the old united states. They should be integrated by force, with a Robespierre-esque GREAT TERROR to rip out the remains of the old southern political class and the racist political class of the former United States. Additionally, any new map of North America must take into account the native people's of the continent and their stolen land, including the native peoples who were created purely through the mass horror of the Atlantic Slave Trade.
S-41, Research and Deploy Spying Technology - Yes
A-42, Surveil the Mars Ruins - Yes
JR-43, The Extraplanetary Focus Discovery Act - Yes
I-44, Administrative Overhaul - Yes
I-45, Diplomatic Overtures - Yes
P-46, Venera Initiative 2.0 - No
NM-47, the Trans-Newtonian Global Network Project - Yes
F-48, Organizational Capacity - Yes
F-49, Long-Term Research Efficiency - Yes
P-50, X-COM - Yes
Z-51, IRPA - Yes
I-52, Armed Spacecraft Development - No
W-53, Lunplan Expansion - Yes
W-54, Medals - Yes
W-55, Rename the Comintern - Yes, but Communist Interstellaire, or COMINSTEL, sounds cooler.
H-56, More Medals - YES, HAHAHA, YES

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Antilles posted:

I believe the plan is only for infrastructure, not a mining facility? Isn't Lunagrad technically undermanned at the moment as it is?
I read the motivation for it as wanting rapid infrastructure growth to get more people to eventually run mines. The ground forces training facility is short on workers and trains slower, but I think that's idle now anyway? (we should probably haul it back to Earth since we have idle shipping). Infrastructure will grow on its own, we only need to supplement it with manually built stuff if we want immigrants faster, and I don't think there's any immediate need since we aren't going to move mining or heavy industry there yet.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
SK-38, Expand Interkosmos Academy NO
P-50, X-COM NO
Z-51, IRPA YES
W-53, Lunplan Expansion NO
W-54, Medals YES
H-56, More Medals YES

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Fivemarks posted:

HC-40, Integrate North America - Yes, but not through peaceful means. New Afrika does not believe that an olive branch should be handed out to the genocidal settler states and the slaver led oppressor nations of the old united states. They should be integrated by force, with a Robespierre-esque GREAT TERROR to rip out the remains of the old southern political class and the racist political class of the former United States. Additionally, any new map of North America must take into account the native people's of the continent and their stolen land, including the native peoples who were created purely through the mass horror of the Atlantic Slave Trade.

I am hoping that once control is consolidated in North America, we can begin to deliberate on reparations for the descendants of slaves and indigenous people.

As for those comrades who do not wish to be like the former CIA mounting coups in South America, I must remind them that elements of GLADIO including CIA agents are likely operating in these areas. To not be including intelligence ops in our integration efforts will likely lead to failure, not to mention would let them gather even more strength.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
P-50, X-COM YES
Z-51, IRPA YES
W-54, Medals YES
H-56, More Medals YES

The Western Desert People's Republic of Reno-Carson (Please send help we're on the border with the reactionaries), votes like this!

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I am hoping that once control is consolidated in North America, we can begin to deliberate on reparations for the descendants of slaves and indigenous people.

As for those comrades who do not wish to be like the former CIA mounting coups in South America, I must remind them that elements of GLADIO including CIA agents are likely operating in these areas. To not be including intelligence ops in our integration efforts will likely lead to failure, not to mention would let them gather even more strength.

Any treatment of the former American ruling class and settler majority that is not aimed at breaking their power will only see them, like the French of Saint-Domingue, attempt again and again to return to power and return the indigenous peoples of the Americas and their former slaves to a state of abject slavery.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

I-45, Diplomatic Overtures NO
P-50, X-COM YES
Z-51, IRPA YES
W-53, Lunplan Expansion NO
W-54, Medals YES
H-56, More Medals YES

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Have we actually seen any evidence of GLADIO activities in North America? I thought the 50-some likely cells were almost all concentrated in Western Europe. Mind you there's at least one cell on THE MOON, so they really could smuggle themselves anywhere...

As for the official business of the day, the Democratic Republic of Minnesota votes as such:

SK-38, Expand Interkosmos Academy NO, it's an enormous cost and will only mildly improve our science output in the forseeable future
HC-40, Integrate North America YES, but please God be careful about giving more guns to anyone on this continent, we have enough guns, thank you.
S-41, Research and Deploy Spying Technology YES, GLADIO is dangerous but possibly moreso if provoked without sufficient intel, it can hopefully wait for ELINT to be researched.
JR-43, The Extraplanetary Focus Discovery Act YES, We need to get our rear end to Mars, and Troop Transport can't be THAT hard
P-46, Venera Initiative 2.0 YES, While full colonization efforts are a loooong ways off, it's worth throwing a think tank together to map it out for when we're ready
P-50, X-COM YES
Z-51, IRPA YES, the rewritten bill with an oversight committe eases most of my worries of this becoming some top-down well meaning piece of legistlation ripe for abuse and resentment
W-53, Lunplan Expansion YES, more Life Support Infrastructure means more people, means more manpower to start actually getting some productive resource extraction and industry up and running.
W-54, Medals YES
W-55, Rename the Comintern YES, As long as the acronym doesn't become something dumb like ComInterp
H-56, More Medals YES

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
S-41, Research and Deploy Spying Technology: NO, gather intelligence on the enemy is yes, not shooting the fascists is no.
A-42, Surveil the Mars Ruins: YES, also if you need an extremely competent and cool-headed archeologist fella who would in no way attempt to collect any potential alien weaponry to head the expedition, remember this guy!
I-44, Administrative Overhaul: YES, the Comintern needs to be constantly evolving with the new developments of the times.
NM-47, the Trans-Newtonian Global Network Project: TRAINS TRAINS TRAINS TRAINS TRAINS, er, I mean "yes."
P-50, X-COM: YES, and in case you need to cut any corners, be sure to save on giving them decent hair cuts. Also just in case they should ever need to subdue a non-sapient alien creature in self defense, clearly they must all be armed with stun batons.
Z-51, IRPA: YES, but with reservations. We must make sure that this does not become a project for the creation of ethnostates or the like.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

The People's Republic of California votes:

SK-38, Expand Interkosmos Academy - No, we should spend the resources elsewhere for now
SK-39, Repeal Five-Year Plans - Yes
HC-40, Integrate North America - Yes
S-41, Research and Deploy Spying Technology - Yes
A-42, Surveil the Mars Ruins - Yes
JR-43, The Extraplanetary Focus Discovery Act - Yes
I-44, Administrative Overhaul - Yes
I-45, Diplomatic Overtures - Yes
P-46, Venera Initiative 2.0 - Yes
NM-47, the Trans-Newtonian Global Network Project - Yes
F-48, Organizational Capacity - Yes
F-49, Long-Term Research Efficiency - Yes
P-50, X-COM - Yes
Z-51, IRPA - Yes
I-52, Armed Spacecraft Development - No
W-53, Lunplan Expansion - Yes
W-54, Medals - Yes
W-55, Rename the Comintern - Yes
H-56, More Medals - Yes

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Ach, I apologize, comrades. There were... delays, relating to Chairman Dutschke. Eckhart Fletcher, representative for the Deutsche Volksrepublik. I have had plenty of time to review the proposals thanks to the delay, so I will try to be brief.

I-45, Diplomatic Overtures: YES.
Germany will always favor diplomatic measures towards peace and unification.

SK-39, Repeal Five-Year Plans: NO
It is felt that the five-year plans serve the purpose of ensuring that projects can be guaranteed beyond the one-year meeting cycle. If necessary, of course, they can be modified by emergency vote, but it will do us no good to start large projects such as the proposed global rail network and risk them being altered well before being completed. Along similar lines, we offer wholehearted support for F-49.

We support F-48 and NM-47, but in that order. The opinion of the Volksrat is that doing otherwise would threaten the foundaton of the latter.

I-52, Armed Spacecraft Development: NO
S-41, Research and Deploy Spying Technology: NO
These were a matter of intense debate. Despite the continuance of the No-First-Strike protocol, Germany cannot at this time approve of arming spaceships, even if for defensive measures. The design seems sound, but the will of the population is against it. They would also take my head if I voted for further spying apparatus, and I am also personally apprehensive about the road this may lead down, so I must vote No on S-41. SK-38 is supported based on its civilian prospects.

JR-43, The Extraplanetary Focus Discovery Act: YES
P-50, X-COM: YES
W-53, Lunplan Expansion: YES
Germany has no concerns whatsoever about endorsing all of these. They seem cheap and intensely beneficial for our understanding of the world we are in. I would also agree with our Soviet comrades' comment about avoiding further colonization at this time; however, as P-46 is written it only covers the necessary research and not actual colonization, so we approve.

I-44, Administrative Overhaul: NO
I-44 receieves a No vote due to the second half of the proposal; Germany is of the opinion that deciding a location for this centralized government installation is just as important as selecting Ascension Island was for the space program, and should have further discussion along those lines.

The German government and German people are both wholeheartedly in support of the righting of past wrongs against oppressed and exploited peoples.

W-55, Rename the Comintern: NO
Developing more awards we have no qualms with; however, we find W-55 slightly premature. This is not to disparage our Lunar comrades, but rather to reflect that our interplanetary status is still fairly limited. We would like to re-discuss this matter once additional colonization has progressed.

welfarestateofmind
Apr 11, 2020

"You are a violent and irrepressible miracle. The vacuum of cosmos and the stars burning in it are afraid of you. Given enough time you would wipe us all out and replace us with nothing -- just by accident."
SK-38, Expand Interkosmos Academy - YES
SK-39, Repeal Five-Year Plans - NO
HC-40, Integrate North America - YES
S-41, Research and Deploy Spying Technology - YES
A-42, Surveil the Mars Ruins - YES
JR-43, The Extraplanetary Focus Discovery Act - YES
I-44, Administrative Overhaul - YES
I-45, Diplomatic Overtures - NO
P-46, Venera Initiative 2.0 - NO
NM-47, the Trans-Newtonian Global Network Project - YES
F-48, Organizational Capacity - YES
F-49, Long-Term Research Efficiency - YES
P-50, X-COM - NO
Z-51, IRPA - YES
I-52, Armed Spacecraft Development - YES
W-53, Lunplan Expansion - YES
W-54, Medals - YES
W-55, Rename the Comintern - YES
H-56, More Medals - YES

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
The NOMAD Collective votes:

P-50, X-COM YES
Z-51, IRPA YES
W-54, Medals YES
H-56, More Medals YES

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
P-50, X-COM YES
Z-51, IRPA YES
W-54, Medals YES
H-56, More Medals YES

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
You know, I've been wondering: with India, Japan and other capitalist holdouts, what's their view on how the Comintern claims to be the legitimate world government? How is the comintern portrayed in media and pop culture?

Serf
May 5, 2011

The Lower Georgia United Workers' Front votes as follows:

SK-39, Repeal Five-Year Plans: YES
S-41, Research and Deploy Spying Technology: NO
JR-43, The Extraplanetary Focus Discovery Act: NO
I-44, Administrative Overhaul: YES
I-45, Diplomatic Overtures: YES
P-50, X-COM: NO
I-52, Armed Spacecraft Development: NO
W-53, Lunplan Expansion: NO

Innocent_Bystander
May 17, 2012

Wait, missile production is my responsibility?

Oh.
SK-38 No
SK-39 Abstain
HC-40 Yes
S-41 Yes
A-42 Yes
JR-43 Yes
I-44 No
I-45 No
P-46 No
NM-47 Yes
F-48 Yes
F-49 Yes
P-50 Yes
Z-51 Abstain
I-52 Yes
W-53 Yes
W-54 Yes
W-55 Yes
H-56 Yes

Let's be wary of committing to too many big investments all at once. We want to get our back yard in order, deal with Gladio, and build up means of dealing with future instability. Mars is an unexpected opportunity we should look to explot. Things like colonising Venus are premature at this stage.

Antilles
Feb 22, 2008

I was looking at the list of researchable techs posted ages back, and got to wondering... is ship-to-ship boarding in this game? If so, there's an argument to be made that ships focusing on microwaves and boarding would be a great fit to our current 'space coast guard' limit on our navy.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Antilles posted:

I was looking at the list of researchable techs posted ages back, and got to wondering... is ship-to-ship boarding in this game? If so, there's an argument to be made that ships focusing on microwaves and boarding would be a great fit to our current 'space coast guard' limit on our navy.

According to conversations in the other thread boarding is in the game. We would have to build a fleet around very close engagements.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Servetus posted:

According to conversations in the other thread boarding is in the game. We would have to build a fleet around very close engagements.

Very close and very fast engagements if you wanted to board as a way to resolve combat since your boarding ships want to be at least as fast as the enemy ship, preferably much faster.

Boarding tends to come into play after combat is mostly resolved and you can board crippled ships at your lesiure.

Also keep in mind that boarding combat is not instantaneous and the boarding party has to fight their way through the enemy crew for a bit. I am only like 80% sure on this but this means the enemy ships can and will continue firing. Which is where microwaves would be handy.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 16, 2020

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

At least as fast as the target is the bare minimum (20% of boarding troops will survive the attempt to cross). You need 5X speed to get everybody across, which practically means shooting out the engines or having an engine tech advantage+shuttles.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Foxfire_ posted:

At least as fast as the target is the bare minimum (20% of boarding troops will survive the attempt to cross). You need 5X speed to get everybody across, which practically means shooting out the engines or having an engine tech advantage+shuttles.

Can Microwave tech shoot out engines? Or is it just for sensors and other sorts of disruptions?

Antilles
Feb 22, 2008

Yeah, that was the idea, go heavy on Microwave weapons and fry enemy ships, and then send over troops in hopefully relative safety. Could be interesting to give it a shot, if the technological requirements aren't too onerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

Can Microwave tech shoot out engines? Or is it just for sensors and other sorts of disruptions?

This is kind of the key question. Otherwise it's more like "shoot the enemy up with lasers or carronades, use microwaves to blind sensors so the enemy can't get so many hits in, and board whoever is left".