Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Evil Fluffy posted:

You know what game isn't over-hyped because it's too good for any amount of hype to be overhype?

Castle Crashers.

Goddamn I love that game.

Did they ever fix its insane co-op save issues on Switch? What a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Funky Valentine posted:

Cyberpunk Prime-Life Episode 3 Digimon Surivive

Did Star Citizen ever come out?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dpulex posted:

I wish we could capture the magic of the gamecube launch again. Rogue leader and super monkey ball at once holy gently caress. I'm living in a desert and only a quality monkey ball can save me.

Whenever I think of Super Monkey Ball, I'm reminded of Marble It Up! and I'm always tempted to get it but it may not be at all good.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I could definitely go for some super monkey ball

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I just loved the GC era so much. I have a Gamecube lying around but it won't hook up to any of our modern TVs. I really want to grab some adapters and play Viewtiful Joe, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero, Lost Kingdoms, Killer 7, Metroid Prime, etc.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Elderbean posted:

I just loved the GC era so much. I have a Gamecube lying around but it won't hook up to any of our modern TVs. I really want to grab some adapters and play Viewtiful Joe, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero, Lost Kingdoms, Killer 7, Metroid Prime, etc.

Purple lunchbox was the best console design.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Elderbean posted:

There’s hdmi adapters for them now

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

"overhyped" means "most people like this more than i do."

occasionally it means "i got suckered by marketing," but it's usually the former.

i for example think all the from games are overhyped. when i play them i just see a clunky action game and i don't really understand why anybody would want to play it enough to get good or whatever. clearly i'm in the minority here, and it's my taste that's the outlier; it's just that i am cool and correct, and it's actually everyone else who has the wrong opinion. that's why it's overhyped instead of me just being too much of a scrub to appreciate genius.

some people say that child of light was overhyped, but they're wrong (because i am right). it is great and it's not my fault that i hype it exactly as appropriate and they can't appreciate video games that are actually good

anyway, thanks for the tip re: pro controllers being better than joycons on connection issues. little jones is loving laying his head on my shoulder and watching me play abzu. it rules.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Whenever I think of Super Monkey Ball, I'm reminded of Marble It Up! and I'm always tempted to get it but it may not be at all good.

It's pretty good, got the sense of speed you want if you like chasing time records, and the visuals are nice and shiny, but I think $20 is too high for it, even if you're crazy for Monkey Ball/ other marble games. I'd start considering it at 50% off, but it hasn't gone on sale since 2019.

I'm not sure how these digital games that never discount make any profits, seeing as the eshop offers no visibility whatsoever to older titles.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There’s hdmi adapters for them now

and unlike most true HDMI mods, the gamecube ones are plug and play, no soldering required

https://insurrectionindustries.com/product/carby-v2/

(assuming you have one of the models with the digital-out port)

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This game and watch is cute

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
What are the odds that Zelda BOTW will be on sale on the Euro eshop for Black Friday? I know it's dumb, but I feel I just would not play as much if I had the hassle of changing cartridges (my son typically has a game loaded). I I could pick up the physical version on (very limited) sale for 51e from a local store, while the eshop version is still 70.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
I've been thinking about banana blitz but the last time i played it i wanted to start cutting myself. What were they thinking with the jumping

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
So now that my wife and I each have a Nintendo online account, we can do split screen MK8 online and each play with our account, right?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Silver Snail posted:

It's pretty good, got the sense of speed you want if you like chasing time records, and the visuals are nice and shiny, but I think $20 is too high for it, even if you're crazy for Monkey Ball/ other marble games. I'd start considering it at 50% off, but it hasn't gone on sale since 2019.

I'm not sure how these digital games that never discount make any profits, seeing as the eshop offers no visibility whatsoever to older titles.

Yeah it sounds like something I could enjoy but not at that price... we'll see.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

What are the odds that Zelda BOTW will be on sale on the Euro eshop for Black Friday?

Extremely low.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

just ordered a pro controller

this is in addition to my 3 sets of joycons, 2 NES controllers, and 2 SNES controllers. the only other person who plays switch with me is a 4-year-old. this is just silly at this point.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

What I figured. Thanks.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The new Links’s Awakening and Luigi’s Mansion 3 are $40 digital at Best Buy/Amazon, and $40 physical at Best Buy/GameStop right now. Hell of a deal for either.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I will never stop singing the praises of Luigi's Mansion 3. Such a great game.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

this is in addition to my 3 sets of joycons, 2 NES controllers, and 2 SNES controllers. the only other person who plays switch with me is a 4-year-old. this is just silly at this point.

Seriously what were you thinking here? You should have ordered two pro controllers, get it together.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

American McGay posted:

I played through it as my spooky October game. It's so good.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

You need more third party controllers.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

HMS Beagle posted:

I played through it as my spooky October game. It's so good.

It’s just charming af there is no way around it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I wish I’d used a game voucher on Luigi’s Mansion 3 instead of Origami King.

I enjoyed OK but now I’ve finished it I can’t see myself playing it again so I would have liked to sell it. But it’s digital so welp

Anyway I ordered LM3 for my next game after Pikmin 3 and Spider-Man on PS4 😻

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I see a lot of copies of Luigi's mansion 3 for sale like it was Mario vs sonic at the Olympics or something much much worse. I was surprised to hear it was so good just because I see it in bargain bins constantly.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Tender Bender posted:

My pro controller has recently started to drift, however, and as far as i know Nintendo doesn't do free repairs on those...

It sucks that this is even necessary but I had the same problem as you and 'fixed' it with some electrical contact cleaning spray blasted into the base of the joystick, thanks to the advice of someone itt

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

If you've been waiting for storage, now's the time. Amazon had the SanDisk 400gb cards for $40

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08GYG5SVQ/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_imm_t1_dlC_C2hSFbT7XFT9D?psc=1

This is pretty much the sweet spot for storage, performance, and price, and you're likely not going to find this deal for another year. Valid for the next six hours.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Luigi’s Mansion 3 is pretty good but it’s not as good as Luigi’s Mansion

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I bought a 512gb SanDisk for ~€45 during prime day, I know it's a facile point but it still amazes me how much data we can fit into such a tiny physical space.

I had a 200gb card and even with buying a lot of the big Nintendo games physically I was approaching capacity thanks to the glut of excellent indie titles. Half a terabyte should see me through the rest of the console's lifespan??

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I’m playing through Luigi’s Mansion 3 right now and it does if in fact own. There are bumpy spots that detract from the experience (getting used to the controls, the god forsaken duck boss battle) but overall it’s terrific. For $40 it’s a bargain

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Seriously what were you thinking here? You should have ordered two pro controllers, get it together.
poo poo I'll try to do better I promise!

ExcessBLarg! posted:

You need more third party controllers.
Too much mad katz as a kid

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I did win a turbo touch 360 for sega genesis from electronic gaming monthly as a kid. I liked that controller pretty well, too

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

Too much mad katz as a kid
They make good ones now I swear!

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

The wired 360 controller I've used for my PC since 2011 finally has its analog sticks all worn out, and now that I have Switch (not to mention Black Friday approaching) I figured I'd get something that would work on both platforms. I'm mainly looking for something with both wired and wireless capability, as well as a D-pad that actually functions like a goddamn D-pad, though I'm sure anything is a step up from the 360's. Seems like the popular options are Nintendo's Switch Pro Controller and 8BitDo's SN30 Pro+ (along with their Bluetooth adapter).

How's the D-pad feel between the two controllers? Also, would the USB-C to USB charging cable for the SN30 Pro+ work on my PC, or should I only use a phone power adapter to charge it like the site's FAQ suggests?

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Can't speak to the 8bitdo but I can at least say the pro has a pretty poo poo D-pad. It's nice and tactile and feels good except it constantly misreads diagonal inputs and even the occasional straight up left/right input. So even though it physically feels better funny enough it winds up messing things up in-game the exact same way a mushy 360 D-pad does.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Poque posted:

Did they ever fix its insane co-op save issues on Switch? What a pain in the rear end.

They certainly patched all the levelling exploits in the 360 version.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I really liked Mario Odyssey, but mainly for the exploration and less so the platforming. Are there any similar games I should check out?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I really liked Mario Odyssey, but mainly for the exploration and less so the platforming. Are there any similar games I should check out?

Breath of the Wild, if you don't already have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

i for example think all the from games are overhyped. when i play them i just see a clunky action game and i don't really understand why anybody would want to play it enough to get good or whatever. clearly i'm in the minority here, and it's my taste that's the outlier; it's just that i am cool and correct, and it's actually everyone else who has the wrong opinion. that's why it's overhyped instead of me just being too much of a scrub to appreciate genius.

Look at this weenie who didn't have a friend to play Cookie and Cream with on the Gamecube. Look at them and laugh.