Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
what a terrible post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

what a terrible night to make a snipe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/dril_gpt2/status/1325898752629100545

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i'm so excited to join the waitlist

JeffsBitcoinPaypig
Nov 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Imagine being a yosposter when btc is approaching a new all time high, yet again. When Seraph84 is approaching 100x profit in 7 years.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

bye seraph

JeffsBitcoinPaypig
Nov 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Boxturret posted:

bye seraph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynkq1sZQz4g

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

all time high? i thought the value of bitcoin had long plateaued at 1btc?

JeffsBitcoinPaypig
Nov 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
guys bitcoin might be worth more tethers than ever before soon

it's amazing

we should all care

a lot

JeffsBitcoinPaypig
Nov 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

KnifeWrench posted:

guys bitcoin might be worth more tethers than ever before soon

it's amazing

we should all care

a lot
https://twitter.com/kristovatlas/status/804741759679004672?s=20

"I'm not owned, I'm not owned" I screech as I transform into a bitcoin.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

so you're saying bitcoin is crumbling and falling apart like a bad iron-on transfer after like 3 runs through the washing machine?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:toot:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

JeffsBitcoinPaypig posted:

https://twitter.com/kristovatlas/status/804741759679004672?s=20

"I'm not owned, I'm not owned" I screech as I transform into a bitcoin.

bitcoin: the global south of currencies™

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
i'm sure you could cash out all those bits-coins without crashing the price or getting scammed, seraph

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
i just made a new cryptocurrency and sold 0.00000000000000000001% of it to a friend for 10 bux. this means its market cap is more than everything on earth combined

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
lol that map is like a pentathlon of intellectual dishonesty

kind of impressive in its own way

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
why aren't you all rushing to buy suspiciouscoins??? don't you see how much it's worth?? loving statist morons

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Suspicious posted:

i just made a new cryptocurrency and sold 0.00000000000000000001% of it to a friend for 10 bux. this means its market cap is more than everything on earth combined

woah what just happened here?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

KnifeWrench posted:

lol that map is like a pentathlon of intellectual dishonesty

kind of impressive in its own way

you'd think there'd be a more recent one

imagine digging up a graph from 2016 to own the yos'

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

you do poo poo like this and then whine in qcs about how nobody wants you around here. in addition to the “alleged” child molestation of course.

take your meds and avoid this place for your own good.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

alternatively, use all your bits coin to give the forum a ton of money so you get to be the person who bans lowtax or whatever, that would sure show us up!!!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

more like hightax

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Shame Boy posted:

bitcoin: the global south of currencies™

lol

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

wait if we are getting to another high is that when we sell? i thought we were supposed to sell at the last one, or is it the next one? listening to your advice is a little confusing.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

CampingCarl posted:

wait if we are getting to another high is that when we sell? i thought we were supposed to sell at the last one, or is it the next one? listening to your advice is a little confusing.

you're talking to a corpse

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Boxturret posted:

lets be honest it hasnt stopped him before.

i assume this road to a supposed new high is totally organic and doesnt correlate with tether or shady exchanges at all.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Boxturret posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvJ7GvjNiho&t=2732s

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what part of yos'' jeff's body is getting cybernetically enhanced by seraph's reregs?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Boxturret posted:

what part of yos'' jeff's body is getting cybernetically enhanced by seraph's reregs?
if seraph reregs enough maybe SA will have a forum system as great as bitcointalk.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

new bitcointalk forum software status: people are asking if they'll be able to insert flash files into comments

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

new bitcointalk forum software status: people are asking if they'll be able to insert flash files into comments

The question commonly asked by people who want to insert into a flash file.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

saw a bunch of new posts and thought that either an exchange crashed or seraph started up a new manic phase. am now disappointed it was the latter

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CampingCarl posted:

if seraph reregs enough maybe SA will have a forum system as great as bitcointalk.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Boxturret posted:

whatever happened with that btw. did thermos run off with the money yet?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Sweevo posted:

whatever happened with that btw. did thermos run off with the money yet?

"thermos: february 26th, two thousand and nineteen" posted:

The software is substantially complete. The main period of development was a while ago; the current work is mainly just maintenance & relatively minor improvements. Try running it yourself and you'll find that it's working, fast, and nearly feature-complete.

The things blocking a transition from the current software to the new software are:
- There hasn't been enough testing. I think that immediately after transition, a variety of small missed features, bugs, and performance issues would crop up. As a result, if the transition happened now (which is technically possible!), I'd expect the post-transition user experience to be poor for months while these things are fixed, which I don't want.
- I am the only bitcointalk.org sysadmin and on-demand programmer, and I'm used to the current software. Furthermore, I need to frequently make changes to the current software, but each change I make might require alterations to Epochtalk, which is problematic.
- The current PHP software, while ugly and sub-optimal in many ways, performs well, especially since I have extensively modified the backend to add features and improve performance. So I don't feel much urgency.
- The data-transition procedure still has a few known minor bugs.

We continue to work on these issues. I think that ultimately I may need to hire one or more full-time people, since a big problem is that the full transition is likely to create a ton of work which I won't be able to effectively handle alone.

The software is not vaporware (it's long existed in a runnable state, and is currently basically feature-complete), and is not abandoned (look at the git commit log). If anyone is unhappy with the progress, I invite them to take the Epochtalk code and create a competing forum with it; since they won't have to worry about the transition issues, they'd have a much easier time, and their testing will also end up helping us.

In short: If you want the software quicker, go run your own forum with it, and work to get any problems or missing features you find resolved via bug reports, etc. This would increase public interest, provide much-needed testing, and I might even hire you to work on bitcointalk.org when we're ready to do the final transition here.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
lol "maintenance" on software that isn't in use yet

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
sovereign citizens, Magna Carta style https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-54950773

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

a bitcoin ponzi man tried to escape the cops using an underwater scooter that has a top speed of 3.7 miles per hour:

https://www.sacbee.com/article247222119.html

quote:

Medics checked Piercey out and determined he didn’t need to be treated for hypothermia. Agents arrested him after he was allowed to put on some dry clothes the agents had gotten from Piercey’s wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

got my copy of libra shrugged, can't wait to get home and crack it open!