Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

is it just me or does that fork slider look kinda bent?

The fender partially obscures the stanchion, a shadow of the front fairing partially obscures the upper, and the effects combine to look kindof like a curve:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

My head canon will forever remain that he just put the wheelies down too hard :colbert:

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
EDIT: sorry posted to the wrong thread

Yuns fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 9, 2020

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

What the gently caress yes please.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Revvik posted:

What the gently caress yes please.

:tviv:

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
It's just vinyl dude, go buy an RT and get to wrappin'

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Every so often I think I should try to vinyl wrap a bike, then I realize wrapping a fully faired sport bike is doing it on hard mode and I'd probably do a kind of lovely job and just leave it because it's not a mechanical issue

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Yeah I get the feeling the cost of the vinyl and the labor involved would be more than the $3kish that guy is asking.

Partly because that bike is such a giant tumor it bumps the cost up.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
A Honda VFR 750 refurbished to look like a Honda Daytona CB 750 from 1972

https://www.motorradonline.de/klassiker/honda-vfr-750-rc36-umbau-rebikeling/

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
new Ducati Scrambler 800 21

looks cool! liking whatever variant is in the second pic

busalover fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 14, 2020

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

busalover posted:

new Ducati Scrambler 800 21

looks cool! liking whatever variant is in the second pic

The bottom one is the Desert Sled, the top one is the Nightshift. If only they put 1% of the work into the names as they do the rest of the design.

Mind you, how many non-cringe bike names are there? Blackbird and Hayabusa if you know the origins of the names, Cub because it was just so cute, can't really think of any more. The rest all sound like characters from Saturday morning toy-commercial cartoons - "Can Nightshift, Black Shadow and The Commander defeat Fireblade, Thunderace and Rocket? Will Monster, Bandit and Brutale rescue Bros and Goldwing? Find out in the next instalment - Fat Boy meets The Ninjas!"

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The bottom one is the Desert Sled, the top one is the Nightshift. If only they put 1% of the work into the names as they do the rest of the design.

Mind you, how many non-cringe bike names are there? Blackbird and Hayabusa if you know the origins of the names, Cub because it was just so cute, can't really think of any more. The rest all sound like characters from Saturday morning toy-commercial cartoons - "Can Nightshift, Black Shadow and The Commander defeat Fireblade, Thunderace and Rocket? Will Monster, Bandit and Brutale rescue Bros and Goldwing? Find out in the next instalment - Fat Boy meets The Ninjas!"

Dude
K A T A N A

Edit: only applies to the original though, because it actually harkens to a real katana whereas the ones to come later look more like the owner of a katana

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 14, 2020

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Dude
K A T A N A

Edit: only applies to the original though, because it actually harkens to a real katana whereas the ones to come later look more like the owner of a katana

Yeah because everybody who's spent more than 10 seconds on the internet thinks "cool" when they hear the word "katana".

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The grom is exactly what I expected when someone called it a grom.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Panigale is a cool name but also sounds like something found in the deli section. Interceptor is another good one but naming bikes after planes is kind of lazy.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

VanVan. Roughly translates to BangBang

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

Panigale is a cool name but also sounds like something found in the deli section. Interceptor is another good one but naming bikes after planes is kind of lazy.

Gimme a quarter lb of the prosciutto, another of the gabagool and a half pound of thick sliced panigale

This checks out

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Rocket III is a pretty cool name

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
All of the above is better than mindless alphabet soup sprinkled with numbers. Names are personal, names are memorable.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Coolest bike name; BSA Thunderbolt.

Honourable mention to the Harley-Davidson Scat.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Harley was doing it right in that era since they also had the Hummer and the Topper

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah because everybody who's spent more than 10 seconds on the internet thinks "cool" when they hear the word "katana".
It means Japanese sword.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

“Japanese Sword” is English for Japanese Sword

I only knew one sword weirdo in my entire life and all I know was he was livid when his wife got pregnant because that meant he’d have to put all the swords up above toddler height

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I only knew one sword weirdo in my entire life and all I know was he was livid when his wife got pregnant because that meant he’d have to put all the swords up above toddler height

This was me but with legos.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

It means Japanese sword.

Do you know anything about techno?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5GT1VT5cCDo

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:thejoke:

blista compact
Mar 12, 2006
whats a fyad :(
Part two of the Viper bike built in a shed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd6o14_CvQ4

"Gentle 1/4 throttle run up to 189mph..."

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

God I love his videos and he seems like a genuinely sweet man but Allen has a dead-eyed stare that freaks me the gently caress out.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
A ratchet centre stand makes so much sense for big chungus bikes, that's really cool

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

It does but it’s probably also a great way for numpties to lose a finger or a toe.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Tour of KTM's MotoHall (Their bike museum)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7sU4fWzZW8

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Geocaching in a dirt bike group sounds like just the best, I'd love to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj2IWO7Z9kI

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Jack B Nimble posted:

Geocaching in a dirt bike group sounds like just the best, I'd love to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj2IWO7Z9kI

Yeah, it's super fun. I skipped work to go geocaching on the DR.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Fuckin cool as

https://i.imgur.com/YSvHQcb.gifv

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

That dude is Arttu Stenberg from Finland and he does a bunch of cool supermoto poo poo
https://youtu.be/WYzcrdBf7OM

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 21, 2020

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
you can just say "supermoto poo poo"

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I still can't do a stoppie

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005