Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

Have they said if you can do the Darkmoon faire achievements(the ones that reward Exp) in singleplayer? If you can do them with the Innkeeper battles I might actually do most of them.

Nope, doesn’t seem like it. That said most of them only require 1 card so it wouldn’t be too hard to slot it into a decent deck and eventually get the achievement that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I'm too lazy to set up a fireside thing so I'm just going to wait until the actual release. But for my final craft of this cycle I crafted my 2nd Embiggen to dehumanize myself and face to Wild Aggro Druid.

What a stupid deck

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013
The 5 golden packs from the deluxe pre-order bundle was kind enough to give me 2 legendaries. Here's my haul from ~75 packs

Golden Zai
Golden Shek'zara
Eys'or (freebie)
Nameless One
Tenwu
Inara
Tickatus
N'Zoth

Probably my best haul ever. Praise the old gods!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Acerbatus posted:

In my 90 packs I got...

N'zoth and deck of lunacy. gently caress me I guess. :smith"

Yeah, your bad luck even beat the pity timer mechanic, which would have given you at least three legendaries. One guaranteed in the first 10 packs and one each for hitting 40 packs.

Congratulations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Anyone else been experiencing connection issues with BG? Twice now the game froze at the tavern and when I try to restart the game I just reconnect back into the stuck tavern screen.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Rerolling one BG weekly into another, even worse one is going to make me hate this game even more.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
how did my duels rogue opponent have an arcanite reaper? wasnt Created By anything, wasnt stolen from me, did not have the treasure that replaces weapons. It was just... in his deck. Can you be offered off-class cards? Is there a treasure that adds random weapons to your deck?

peer fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Nov 14, 2020

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Amoeba102 posted:

C'thun decks are the only point of duels.

I got absolutely wrecked by a C'thun deck with double battlecries earlier today.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcbexx posted:

Yeah, your bad luck even beat the pity timer mechanic, which would have given you at least three legendaries. One guaranteed in the first 10 packs and one each for hitting 40 packs.

Congratulations.

I actually had 88, I just rounded because I couldn't remember offhand how many I got from twitch drops and was too lazy to check at the time.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

have you seen a board more beautiful, more sublime

I somehow wasn't offered a single Strongarm over 4 turns. I won anyway, so I'm not that salty, but still.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

peer posted:

how did my duels rogue opponent have an arcanite reaper? wasnt Created By anything, wasnt stolen from me, did not have the treasure that replaces weapons. It was just... in his deck. Can you be offered off-class cards? Is there a treasure that adds random weapons to your deck?

Pretty sure I got one from a bucket this morning

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

mcbexx posted:

Rerolling one BG weekly into another, even worse one is going to make me hate this game even more.

I'm surprised they didn't add code to prevent this from happening, given the lessons they (should have) learned from the 60g/50g reroll experience

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Hit the 9k milestone with a bang, just in time before the new expac :toot:

I don't have the BG pass so I wonder how much that would make an impact. I don't often feel like I'm screwed over by the limited choices though, so I guess that says good things about the hero balance?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I cracked 5 legendaries in the first 18 packs last night, and then only 2 more in the rest of my preorder. Unfortunately I got all the rogue legends and rogue is one of my disenchant classes. Fortunately I got all the warrior legendaries though and that’s super exciting. Looking forward to playing curator/ringmaster menagerie in wild though.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
One issue with the new ranked system I failed to foresee is that the bigger weekly requirements, like playing more turns, spending lots of mana, destroying more minions, etc. incentivize long, grinding control decks in Wild. On a small sample size, 2 of 3 opponents this morning were Highlander Priest. I get the feeling this deck was partially held in check by the fact that it was painful to play with outside of an occasional desire to machine gun, but now that they can make huge progress towards mega quests, it's going to see more play, along with similar long-time control decks.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

One issue with the new ranked system I failed to foresee is that the bigger weekly requirements, like playing more turns, spending lots of mana, destroying more minions, etc. incentivize long, grinding control decks in Wild. On a small sample size, 2 of 3 opponents this morning were Highlander Priest. I get the feeling this deck was partially held in check by the fact that it was painful to play with outside of an occasional desire to machine gun, but now that they can make huge progress towards mega quests, it's going to see more play, along with similar long-time control decks.

If that happens I'll have the easiest ride to legend ever with mecha'thun rogue - but anecdotally, I'm still seeing the same forever-aggro right now. Days when you get nothing but priest and control warlock are my happiest days.

(As an aside, I finally managed to get the perfect draw and hit the turn 5 OTK. It was magnificent and the rage-add from the player afterwards was :discourse:.)

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

mcbexx posted:

Seriously, how long would that even take if I cared to keep up witht the ever shifting meta and play Battlegrounds?
Five games of Top 4 minimum? Ten?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

I get what you're saying but reno priest has been one of the most popular/strongest decks in wild for months now so there's no relation here

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

With polkelt, wild reno priest games are over by like turn 10, 11 tops. Not really grindy. My average game time playing it is like 6-7 minutes.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mcbexx posted:

Seriously, how long would that even take if I cared to keep up witht the ever shifting meta and play Battlegrounds?

Probably 1 or 2. It's not that bad.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

mcbexx posted:

2 games

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I always end up pivoting back to reno priest because whenever I play my fun janky decks I get nothing but aggro matches.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
No matter what I play or do my achievements have stopped progressing. I've been at 29/30 Demons played since a few dozen Demons ago and I tried Secrets to double check and it just stays at 8/15. Looks like i'm done for the day or until they fix this. Meh.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

mcbexx posted:

The 2000 damage is easy enough to mostly afk through and guaranteed to be done in a week of play. I was put off at first too, because I don't play BGs but I've gotten it done twice just playing poorly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
New Yogg doesn't seem as consistently good as old Yogg. Lot more ways for RNG to screw you over. Also he's a LOT better when you're behind on the board.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I crafted golden original Yogg and I'm crafting golden new Yogg and nobody's going to stop me from spinning the wheel and seeing what golden spells pop out :colbert:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Having Darkmoon cards in the pot for duels really spices things up. Having Solar Eclipse ( spells doublecast in the turn) + Swipe + Hero Power is 12 damage on 8 mana.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
The disparity in treasure strength in Duels is kinda messed up. In the future they should really moderate the ability to string together multiple top-tier treasures, and compensate weaker ones. I somehow lucked into 8 wins with a deathrattle Hunter with Deck of Wonders, draw one extra card, 2 mana assassinate and killer crab. Warlock opponent had double battlecry and rush minions, started off with expired merchant discarding his 6 mana heal demon treasure. By Turn 7 or so his hand was like 5 20/20+ lifesteal rush lmao.

Stuff like rush, double time, double deathrattle should be paired with the trash tier stuff imo. They could implement a treasure 'rarity' system or something along those lines too.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Are dailies bugged? Logged in for the first time today and it says I won't get a new one until 10 hours from now.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Jeza posted:

The disparity in treasure strength in Duels is kinda messed up. In the future they should really moderate the ability to string together multiple top-tier treasures, and compensate weaker ones. I somehow lucked into 8 wins with a deathrattle Hunter with Deck of Wonders, draw one extra card, 2 mana assassinate and killer crab. Warlock opponent had double battlecry and rush minions, started off with expired merchant discarding his 6 mana heal demon treasure. By Turn 7 or so his hand was like 5 20/20+ lifesteal rush lmao.

Stuff like rush, double time, double deathrattle should be paired with the trash tier stuff imo. They could implement a treasure 'rarity' system or something along those lines too.

Oh look at Mr. “I made it to turn 7” over here.

My last run ended when my opponent, on turn 1, put out out approximately 5 gibberers and buffed them to 3/3 and then they somehow also buffed every time a minion died? I think I made it to turn 3.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Desert Bus posted:

No matter what I play or do my achievements have stopped progressing. I've been at 29/30 Demons played since a few dozen Demons ago and I tried Secrets to double check and it just stays at 8/15. Looks like i'm done for the day or until they fix this. Meh.

I had this issue earlier and a relog fixed it

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not the most dramatic one but from the swamp + band of bees, you might as well give up on any board based decks.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

Not the most dramatic one but from the swamp + band of bees, you might as well give up on any board based decks.

Yeah this just powered me to 12 wins on Priest. It’s utterly absurd.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Beasteh posted:

I had this issue earlier and a relog fixed it

No luck. :(

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Duels is supposed to be stupid garbage. Can't complain when it's working as intended. It's not going to be balanced or competitive. The paid heroic is just a means to lose gold.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So the Darkmoon Faire quests(that award Exp) CAN be done in Casual Duels....But Casual is full of people who reset until they get the perfect treasure for their deck, so it might be easier to win in ranked.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Amoeba102 posted:

Duels is supposed to be stupid garbage. Can't complain when it's working as intended. It's not going to be balanced or competitive. The paid heroic is just a means to lose gold.

I mean, it probably wasn't pitched as stupid garbage. It will never be fully 'balanced' but that's not a reason for there not to be some attempts at balancing. It's still super early days for the format, and I think they probably will tune treasures up and down in power level to make them more even. Stuff like 3 mana summon a random 3 drop and shuffle into your deck is so stupid, not only because it's flat out bad, but because it's nigh on impossible not to get a 30+ card deck and you're never going to draw the upgraded version.

High wins will always have the nutso combos, sure, but they can definitely adjust the ease at which things are possible and make the average strength of treasure offerings more consistent.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The band of bees treasure with the connections HP (rogue) is just dumb.

Edit: TBF BoB is probably just dumb on its own.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 16, 2020

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Jeza posted:

I mean, it probably wasn't pitched as stupid garbage. It will never be fully 'balanced' but that's not a reason for there not to be some attempts at balancing. It's still super early days for the format, and I think they probably will tune treasures up and down in power level to make them more even. Stuff like 3 mana summon a random 3 drop and shuffle into your deck is so stupid, not only because it's flat out bad, but because it's nigh on impossible not to get a 30+ card deck and you're never going to draw the upgraded version.

High wins will always have the nutso combos, sure, but they can definitely adjust the ease at which things are possible and make the average strength of treasure offerings more consistent.

Dungeon runs were always stupid garbage - that was the appeal. Building stupid broken decks to wreck overpowered bosses, etc. They just tones some rhings down and made it pvp, but the concept remains the same. You build a broken deck as best as possible but you more likely (as in dungeon run) don't get the good stuff. High highs and low lows for enjoyment. It was better against AI as getting your extreme broken stuff didn't come at the expense of someone else's fun.

Tangent to that- best way to afk grind exp is in BG as your absence doesn't negatively effect others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The warlock HP shouldn't be fairly consistent discard as long as they have access to that High Priestess legendary, imo