Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Butterfly Valley posted:

I was highly invested in the love triangle between Corran Horn, Mirax Terrik and Erisi Dlarit when I was a clueless 12 year old. gently caress me for even remembering those names

Your nerd-juice is superior to mine. I barely recognize the name Corran Horn and draw total blanks with the other two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
My favorite bit in Clone Wars was Ventress dunking on young idiot Boba Fett, shes such a dick and its awesome.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Ventress owns, I’m kinda bummed there’s no chance of her popping up again since that novel killed her off.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Episode was cool, I want to cop that Mon Calimari mechanic's jumper.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

JustaDamnFool posted:

You'll have to decapitate Mrs. Voorhees for it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

I was enjoying Season 2 a lot (the Genosis arc rocks) until it got to the space Australians. That poo poo was irredeemable. Camp as gently caress, but without any irony. Killed my watch stone dead.

What? I am talking about the Mandalorian

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

veni veni veni posted:

What? I am talking about the Mandalorian

They're talking about SW: Rebels. And the Season Two opener for SW: Rebels absolutely did knock it out of the park.

That said, now I need to do a rewatch because I have no memory of "Space Australians" (aside from Farscape) and I must check it out.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Turns out Chewie’s a Libertarian and that’s why he’s always hanging out with someone 1/8th his age.

:gowron:

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

I love this show. I loved rogue one. I’m just going to watch the war movies and westerns set in Star Wars and avoid the big tent stuff.

How long until a romcom set on coruscant with a clever, funny, but awkward bureaucrat meets the rich but sensitive senators daughter and in a wildly improbable series of events they fall in love overcoming the prejudices of their respective communities?

Or oh wait, a musical set in feudal times telling the redemption story of a princess and prince who overcome their fathers evil nature? Wait, no, forget this one.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The prequels are romcoms already.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I was enjoying Season 2 a lot (the Genosis arc rocks) until it got to the space Australians. That poo poo was irredeemable. Camp as gently caress, but without any irony. Killed my watch stone dead.

Who were the space Australians again? I remember a number of Hondo's Weequay had aussie accents in season 1.

Wait, are we talking season 2 of clone wars or rebels?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 15, 2020

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Who were the space Australians again? I remember a number of Hondo's Weequay had aussie accents in season 1.

Wait, are we talking season 2 of clone wars or rebels?

Oh wow, okay, I must have watched more than I thought.

The space Australian episode is Season 3 episode 4 (of Clone Wars), and I was confusing the accents there with the following episode (which is the one I didn't like at at all). I don't remember either being good though.

Again, a shame, because the Kamino episodes that open that season also own hard.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Oh wow, okay, I must have watched more than I thought.

The space Australian episode is Season 3 episode 4 (of Clone Wars), and I was confusing the accents there with the following episode (which is the one I didn't like at at all). I don't remember either being good though.

Again, a shame, because the Kamino episodes that open that season also own hard.

Oh right, the episode where cgi blue man George Lucas had to find his family and the tiny selkath kept punching people.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

JustaDamnFool posted:

Aran sweaters. Very easy to find, especially in that color.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Ventress owns, I’m kinda bummed there’s no chance of her popping up again since that novel killed her off.

I mean, technically the book is canon (which is weird, I thought it was Legends), but that's never stopped them from ignoring non-filmed media before.

Did anyone else think for a second the mother and father frog were gonna eat their little one at the end of the episode, sort of like a "and you thought the baby was bad" thing. I mean, I'm glad they didn't, but there was a slight pause there that I was like "Oh no."

I was shocked at first that Bo-Katan simply said Ahsoka's name, because I thought they'd play that for mystery, but then it makes since that this show is introducing these characters from animation as New To Mando and thus the audience. Hope her live action introduction is as cool as her character deserves.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

They cut Darth Maul in half on film so never say never I guess

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I mean, technically the book is canon (which is weird, I thought it was Legends), but that's never stopped them from ignoring non-filmed media before.

The end of her story was turned into a book after Disney canned the remaining seasons of Clone Wars, along with the Maul comic Son of Dathomir, pretty sure they were among the first new EU stuff after Disney kicked the rest into Legends

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This is a universe that lives for retcons and cloning.

Never assume anyone is permanently gone.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Big Mean Jerk posted:

:same:, although in terms of EU cringe every single Young Jedi Knights/New Jedi Order romance is somehow worse.

There's a NJO book written by an author who only wrote that one star wars book ever, and it cranks the horny knob up to 15.

Highlight: Mara implying she calls Luke "master" in bed.

Pretty sure it's The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way

quote:

Luke: "He kept calling me "Skywalker". Because I don't have a title... I'm not a Senator, I'm not a general any longer, I'm not an ambassador. He used the word like an insult."
Mara: "He could have called you "Master". Like I do sometimes."

On clone wars 08:

From memory season one doesn't really have any story arcs its all just disjointed stand-alone episodes.
Season two starts to have story arcs but it's just... not quite right.
Season three is where they hit their stride with the story arcs and writing.

Spookydonut fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 15, 2020

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Spookydonut posted:

From memory season one doesn't really have any story arcs its all just disjointed stand-alone episodes.
Season two starts to have story arcs but it's just... not quite right.
Season three is where they hit their stride with the story arcs and writing.

What? Season 1 is made up pretty heavily out of three part arcs and two parters with occasional standalone episodes.

Malevolence Arc
Missing R2D2 2parter
Captured Nute Gunray / Grievous lair Arc
Dooku Captured 2parter
Irish Lemur Pacifist 2parter
Blue Shadow Virus 2parter
Ryloth Liberation Arc

There's only five standalone episodes in season 1 and three of them had follow ups in later seasons.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Don't forget vidya games count as Legends so by default the best Legends stuff is Kotor and Swtor

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I want Kyle Katarn and Jan Orrs to show up somewhere.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I'd love to see them take the route Rebels did with Thrawn and do something similar with Mara Jade. She'd be really cool to see in the story, but she'd have to be different than the Legends version.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Darth Brooks posted:

I want Kyle Katarn and Jan Orrs to show up somewhere.

He'd have to not be a jedi if he came back in new canon.

All the valley of the jedi stuff on Ruusan is now legends.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Yeah, just make him a friendly competitor for a McGuffin.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Dash Rendar when

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Darth Brooks posted:

Yeah, just make him a friendly competitor for a McGuffin.

That's Yoda's species name as it turns out

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I was gonna say bring back Teräs Käsi but they already diiiiiid!

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Don't forget vidya games count as Legends so by default the best Legends stuff is Kotor and Swtor

I wouldn't be shocked if Cal Kestis is made reference to at some point.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Azhais posted:

That's Yoda's species name as it turns out

It's gonna be real weird if they name the species after all this time.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

SolarFire2 posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if Cal Kestis is made reference to at some point.

Is he new canon?

Also we don't know if he survives or not

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
They will probably manage to include Ewan McGregor somehow to play into the Obi-Wan show.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

pik_d posted:

It's gonna be real weird if they name the species after all this time.

There’s no way. I’d almost be willing to bet that we’ll never actually see Yoda’s species, and the whole show is just Din and Baby Yoda trying to survive as father and adopted son.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gonz posted:

They will probably manage to include Ewan McGregor somehow to play into the Obi-Wan show.

A disapproving force ghost behind Ahsoka

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Actually, let me cover both bases and say that if we ever do find out the name of Yoda’s species there’s a >80% chance they’ll name them the Whills.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Azhais posted:

A disapproving force ghost behind Ahsoka

Ahsoka: Look, I've told you before that I'm not doing the Jedi thing. So go gently caress off and harass Luke into doing it. He's still into that poo poo. Not me.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Actually, let me cover both bases and say that if we ever do find out the name of Yoda’s species there’s a >80% chance they’ll name them the Whills.

honestly i would be totally fine with that

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

This is a dumb twitter post. She is getting railed by other women for it.

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Nov 15, 2020

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

She had it in the cartoon didn’t she?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

CelticPredator posted:

She had it in the cartoon didn’t she?

Never saw the cartoon. That said, it's not like she's wearing a chain mail bikini or something. It's full body power armor - a relatively inflexible metal shell. If it didn't conform to the actual physical shape of her body it'd be uncomfortable and distracting at best and non-functional at worst.

I mean just as regular person would you want to wear shoes or clothing that wasn't your size (AKA didn't conform to your body's size and shape)? Figure no.

If anything her armor and that of her compatriots shows her power - or at least affluence. Consider Timothy Olyphant's character and his mis-matched if somewhat functional armor. Now consider that Bo-Katan and the two people with her have full suits of power armor tailored to fit them.