Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

https://youtu.be/GnABBxOSXHE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I can’t wait until I play enough KH games so that I’m allowed to play KH3, it looks cool as hell.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

fadam posted:

I can’t wait until I play enough KH games so that I’m allowed to play KH3, it looks cool as hell.

no amount of playing the earlier games is going to make you understand what is happening in kingdom hearts, honestly, just play the ones you want.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Perfect.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

no amount of playing the earlier games is going to make you understand what is happening in kingdom hearts, honestly, just play the ones you want.

I understand

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It’s easy as they are designed for babies and I am smarter than many of them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

I understand

Same.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

elf help book posted:

I understand

It's about friendship.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

It's about friendship.
I can't wait until I have enough friends so that I'm allowed to play KH3

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

It's about friendship.
*me when all the keyblade users of the past come to my aide*

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wood panel menus were definitely the best choice for ff6.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

elf help book posted:

I understand

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

eahahaha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

about to have a battle before the earth crystal, which is the furthest ive ever gotten in V before. finally ill get to see what happens next

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FFV kicks rear end

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Hey that’s just about where I am in my replay. The first time around everything I did felt like it was cheating. It’s great.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Caithness posted:

Hey that’s just about where I am in my replay. The first time around everything I did felt like it was cheating. It’s great.

My Butz is a mystic knight with Double Grip and if a boss has a magic weakness I was able to kill em in 2 hits lol. It owns and it feels like there's 5 other ways to instantly smoke everything if you just look for it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

My Butz is a mystic knight with Double Grip and if a boss has a magic weakness I was able to kill em in 2 hits lol. It owns and it feels like there's 5 other ways to instantly smoke everything if you just look for it.

it gets esp. insane if you use 2swords later.

some people like to leave their butz bare, for a good reaming, though, and I think it's important we acknowledge that's valid.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 223 days!

Bicyclops posted:

it gets esp. insane if you use 2swords later.

some people like to leave their butz bare, for a good reaming, though, and I think it's important we acknowledge that's valid.

this is the core concept behind vagrant story

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bartz ftw. I love him declining the epic quest at the start

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dawning realization that theres a whole lot more of FFV than i ever expected.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Are there missable spells, songs, espers etc. I've found some magic in treasures and pots so I've almost certainly missed stuff by now, but can I at least like find stuff in end game later if I need to.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I missed the Catoblepas/Shoat summon the first time I played.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I just remembered the catoblepas selfie quest in FFXV. Godly game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Are there missable spells, songs, espers etc. I've found some magic in treasures and pots so I've almost certainly missed stuff by now, but can I at least like find stuff in end game later if I need to.

yeah but most of them are pretty easy to find

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

lmao yes, it has probs the most missable content of any FF game. the only way to get Level 5 Death is to have a Blue Mage/character w/ Learning actually die from it and get resurrected before the combat ends. the only way to get a full set ofGenji armor is to steal it from Gilgamesh and sometimes he's only in the combat for like 10 seconds.

if you're not a brokebrain completist like me it doesn't matter, most of the stuff you can miss isn't important, but theres like... a lot of it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zeza's assault on Castle ExDeath is a goddamn suicide mission.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

Zeza's assault on Castle ExDeath is a goddamn suicide mission.

you're in for some tough boss fights and some hard-to-get blue magic

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

In VIII, how were people supposed to figure out the UFO quest without a guide? Are there in-game clues to the UFO locations that I missed?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I don't think there's any in-game hints other than you stumble across the UFO encounters and maybe start go looking for it. I remember finding one of the UFO encounters on my own without knowing what the gently caress was happening my first time through the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

VikingofRock posted:

In VIII, how were people supposed to figure out the UFO quest without a guide? Are there in-game clues to the UFO locations that I missed?

there are magazines that give you hints as to the location but yeah, lol, it was a quest built for strategy guides. the magazines only help a little and they're easy to miss