Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Renaissance Robot posted:

this whole debate is giving me hard flashbacks to the very start of this comic when some people were arguing that Allison was developing psychokinesis because the arrangement of two panels made it possible to read it like the atum needle flew out of White Chain's head into her hand, instead of her just reaching in and yanking it out

fwiw I think it's not even worth arguing over; we'll shortly be getting more pages that tell is exactly where Dave is, which will firmly contextualise this background detail.

It’s a long-standing webcomic thread tradition to argue about details that are answered on the very next page put up. Or indeed on the current page itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

If we've still got another 48 pages of this fight, I'm loving hyped. This is the Good poo poo.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I enjoy that Jag tossing swords everywhere was evidently a thought out tactical consideration.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

reignonyourparade posted:

I enjoy that Jag tossing swords everywhere was evidently a thought out tactical consideration.

This ain't his first rodeo

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

The reason Jagg got so big is just so that he could strew weapons around and not worry about other people picking them up or using them.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

This does seem to be setting the scene that they're just gonna keep getting in each other's way too much to win and if they were actually able to fight as a team they might have a chance.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

MikeJF posted:

This does seem to be setting the scene that they're just gonna keep getting in each other's way too much to win and if they were actually able to fight as a team they might have a chance.

Which is probably what Jaggonoth is banking on. But working as a team is not in their nature - it's why they split the multiverse into 7 in the first place.

Also I've got a bad feeling Maya's role in the story is to make a bad situation worse, if she takes Incubus out of the fight...

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Makes sense. If these people were able to work together they wouldn't have needed a pact in the first place.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

MikeJF posted:

and if they were actually able to fight as a team they might have a chance.

Yeah teamwork is going to save the day when it's our heroes' turn.

Allicio is going to get on their hands and knees behind Jagganoth while White Chain runs up and shoves him backwards.

Princess is there too.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gnome de plume posted:

Also on the subject of anime bullshit I imagine old Mottom sounding like Frieza

That's exactly where my thoughts went.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

In my mind she sounded like a more deranged Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho, who is voiced in English dubs at least by the same VA so, same, I guess

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mr. Lobe posted:

In my mind she sounded like a more deranged Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho, who is voiced in English dubs at least by the same VA so, same, I guess

Oh poo poo I never noticed that but in retrospect it's obvious

MikeJF posted:

Setting up, of course, them losing, the story getting to its nadir, and Air Bud teaching them how to play as a team followed by a rematch that they barely win with heavy callbacks to what went wrong last time

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Which is probably what Jaggonoth is banking on. But working as a team is not in their nature - it's why they split the multiverse into 7 in the first place.

Also I've got a bad feeling Maya's role in the story is to make a bad situation worse, if she takes Incubus out of the fight...

...and then joins Jagg in the fight

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

this is so anime I'm gonna go eat some noodles

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Archenteron posted:

lmao Inky would slip into his dreams, go "lol your uncle is dead, kill them all Peter"
You're forgetting that Peter's dealt with exactly that kind of thing before.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

shirts and skins posted:

Setting up, of course, them losing, the story getting to its nadir, and Air Bud teaching them how to play as a team followed by a rematch that they barely win with heavy callbacks to what went wrong last time

I have a feeling the six (or at least most of them) aren't leaving this battle

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Bilirubin posted:

...and then joins Jagg in the fight

Incubus wants war, but hasn't necessarily allied with Jaggs in the actual battle. I doubt either one of them would hesitate to kill the other now that it's in action - and as Incubus said, Jaggonoth attacked much sooner than he expected.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Incubus wants war, but hasn't necessarily allied with Jaggs in the actual battle. I doubt either one of them would hesitate to kill the other now that it's in action - and as Incubus said, Jaggonoth attacked much sooner than he expected.

I'm still not really sure where Incubus is, or that he knows either. If he keeps doing flashy sword things without actually hitting Jagg, he's got plausible deniability whichever way this swings and can just sort of ride things out.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FuturePastNow posted:

I have a feeling the six (or at least most of them) aren't leaving this battle

So you're saying that maybe royalty *isn't* the friends we made along the way?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Incubus about to crazy sword bullshit as he effortlessly makes his way up jagg's sword to jagg himself and then mottoms jsut going "gently caress off, runt" as she does her own attack isn't quite the "7 consectuvei pages of every demiurge clowning on incubus because they dont respect him" but it is still very good

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I was talking about Maya. I'm thinking back to the chat between Jaggs and Incubus around the throne of empty cups and they clearly have some history. He vs the rest of the demiurges would be a good way for her to slay some gods and topple some thrones.

And I would hate that.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bilirubin posted:

I was talking about Maya. I'm thinking back to the chat between Jaggs and Incubus around the throne of empty cups and they clearly have some history. He vs the rest of the demiurges would be a good way for her to slay some gods and topple some thrones.

And I would hate that.

that would be a rad twist on the thing everyone's gonna hate

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Renaissance Robot posted:

this whole debate is giving me hard flashbacks to the very start of this comic when some people were arguing that Allison was developing psychokinesis because the arrangement of two panels made it possible to read it like the atum needle flew out of White Chain's head into her hand, instead of her just reaching in and yanking it out

fwiw I think it's not even worth arguing over; we'll shortly be getting more pages that tell is exactly where Dave is, which will firmly contextualise this background detail.

I know the frame you are refering too and while I wasn't part of the conversation at the time I can with 100% sincerity inform you that Alison royally willed the needle out of whitechains face because thats what you do with divine power.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Maya does have the second best sword in the universe. Murder the gods and topple their thrones, indeed.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

PMush Perfect posted:

You're forgetting that Peter's dealt with exactly that kind of thing before.

Yep, he made a literal deal with the devil in One More Day, so this hypothetical could go either way very easily

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

reignonyourparade posted:

It is; The weapons are useless to his opponents and he now has an arsenal on-hand to use regardless of stance or position. He's picked the battlefield, and anywhere within that area those swords may as well be in his hands rather than embeddded in the ground because if he needs another weapon he just has to pick whatever's in arm's reach and swing.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It is; The weapons are useless to his opponents and he now has an arsenal on-hand to use regardless of stance or position. He's picked the battlefield, and anywhere within that area those swords may as well be in his hands rather than embeddded in the ground because if he needs another weapon he just has to pick whatever's in arm's reach and swing.
Beast style but being used by someone who has never killed everyone.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

maswastaken posted:

Beast style but being used by someone who has never killed everyone.

My editing skills suck, someone slap Jagg’s head onto the That’s Rad gif.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Some good lines from the comments to the page, but this one is deserving of a share.

quote:

Do you understand the true power of a sovereign? A raw man must cum with his bare hands. The battered warrior, a sock. The commander, his bellowing voice, the conspirator, a whispered word. But all these pale compared to kingship. A true sovereign need not flex a single muscle in his body, and a hundred men cum. A true sovereign may cum without a single impulse, or even intent, sight, breath, or even though of his rod. He is an idiot indifferent to his own pleasure. He has sublimed the act of orgasm.
That is the meaning of kingship.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

habeasdorkus posted:

Some good lines from the comments to the page, but this one is deserving of a share.

Ah, I see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTZc3milai0

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
You ever try and gank one really good invader in dark souls?

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

habeasdorkus posted:

Wow posted:

Wow

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

This needs a dril 6 million demons like yesterday

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1328399893551988736?s=19

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Xand_Man posted:

how does he keep delivering posts liek this?

I am in awe before a master

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Xand_Man posted:

Edit:

Alternate, cropped version

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Nov 17, 2020

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Alternate take:

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

This group has less coordination than a pubbie learning party.
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1328934922610991104

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Who else finds it ironic that the dinosaur summoned meteors to his own location

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Did he just cast meteor swarm?