Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

T-man posted:

potato salad is disgusting and all of you are Old

your posting is potato salad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/AmazonHelp/status/1327692879297474563

Amazon's support staff single-handedly destroying what remains of the British empire

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
it's hilarious how goons will clamber over each other to reach the front of the pack so they can yell "*my sauce* is better than *your sauce*, if you don't like *my sauce* then you must have smoothbrained tastebuds", yet you mention how delicious pineapple is on pizza and their lips curl back so far it's like they've grown a face-shaped foreskin

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Pineapple on pizza is very popular, people just don't like it because they want to feel special and are on the internet too much and have absorbed dumb memes. The sourness of the pineapple & pizza very obviously go well together. There's a reason it's one of the standard pizza varieties.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Shame Boy posted:

https://twitter.com/AmazonHelp/status/1327692879297474563

Amazon's support staff single-handedly destroying what remains of the British empire

https://twitter.com/AmazonHelp/status/1327635102302613505

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Weatherman posted:

it's hilarious how goons will clamber over each other to reach the front of the pack so they can yell "*my sauce* is better than *your sauce*, if you don't like *my sauce* then you must have smoothbrained tastebuds", yet you mention how delicious pineapple is on pizza and their lips curl back so far it's like they've grown a face-shaped foreskin

You see everyone must virtue signal their identity condiments or the lefty hivemind will throw them out for not being woke enough

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

mustard is the only acceptable condiment

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Fame Douglas posted:

Pineapple on pizza is very popular, people just don't like it because they want to feel special and are on the internet too much and have absorbed dumb memes. The sourness of the pineapple & pizza very obviously go well together. There's a reason it's one of the standard pizza varieties.

I personally don't like it cuz the pineapple is too watery which is weird to have on a pizza, but I also don't like tomatoes for the same reason - they're fine in sauces and stuff but like, a thick slice of tomato on a burg or something is just this weird-rear end vegetable flavored gelatinous goo.

Anyway everyone who likes the things I don't like is objectively stupid and wrong.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

pizza is unhealthyt

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Feral Integral posted:

pizza is unhealthyt

With Italian life expectancy being way higher than US, can't be all that unhealthy.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
I am sorry/not sorry for the troubles

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shame Boy posted:

I personally don't like it cuz the pineapple is too watery which is weird to have on a pizza, but I also don't like tomatoes for the same reason - they're fine in sauces and stuff but like, a thick slice of tomato on a burg or something is just this weird-rear end vegetable flavored gelatinous goo.

Anyway everyone who likes the things I don't like is objectively stupid and wrong.

Agreed but at least pineapple adds a good flavor

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
what's missing from the whole argument is that commercial available mayo is loving garbage for the most part.

You can make mayo in 30 seconds with an immersion blender with 1 cup of oil, 1 egg, and whatever else you mix in for flavor that will actually have taste.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Feral Integral posted:

pizza is unhealthyt

shut up idiot

How!
Oct 29, 2009

T-man posted:

it’s good if it’s yellow

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

food is inheriently disgusting

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Crazycryodude posted:

They don't want grandma's condiments either, the little shits

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2018/08/11/mayonnaise-industry-millennials/

She was a women’s and gender studies major in college. Naturally, she loathes mayonnaise.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

T-man posted:

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Eating food is one of the only experiences common to all goons, so they can come together to argue about it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

shovelbum posted:

This seems like a good argument in favor of fur holy poo poo

Why does it offend people so much more than other battery livestock that gets used to make a chicken nugget that lasts 5 seconds

I didn’t used to hate fur more, but the mink farmers are really trying to sway me on that front.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

"NOOO YOU CAN'T PUT SWEET ON PIZZA!" I cry as I slather the raw dough with a sweet tomato sauce

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

T-man posted:

mustard is the only acceptable condiment

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

I didn’t used to hate fur more, but the mink farmers are really trying to sway me on that front.

oh i mean i fuckin hate em now but drat what a product

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

Shame Boy posted:

Have you tried caramelized pineapple on pizza?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Shame Boy posted:

Just drain it and dry it out a little bit on a cookie sheet first in the oven.

Pizzas, much like salads, are about moisture management.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I just sprinkle red wine vinegar on romaine lettuce for a salad

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I like to moisten my toast with a nice dollop of jellied cum

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Bismuth posted:

I like to moisten my toast with a nice dollop of jellied cum

nut chutney

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Nutney was right there

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

yeah but without the planted seed that was my post, no one would get it.

you harvested the bounty. that's community.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

I just sprinkle red wine vinegar on romaine lettuce for a salad

Mods ban this sick filth

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Just drain it and dry it out a little bit on a cookie sheet first in the oven.

Pizzas, much like salads, are about moisture management.

So what, take them off the pizza after it's delivered, bake them in the oven, and put them back on the pizza? That sounds like a pain in the rear end.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

So what, take them off the pizza after it's delivered, bake them in the oven, and put them back on the pizza? That sounds like a pain in the rear end.

Sometimes people make their own pizza

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Sometimes people make their own pizza

So take the pineapple off the DiGiorno first and bake it separately?? :confused:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I built a tiny pizza oven in my yard just to caramelize the reclaimed pineapple pieces from frozen pies

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Failed Imagineer posted:

I built a tiny pizza oven in my yard just to caramelize the reclaimed pineapple pieces from frozen pies

I thought everyone had a pineapple toaster

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Marx Was A Lib posted:

"NOOO YOU CAN'T PUT SWEET ON PIZZA!" I cry as I slather the raw dough with a sweet tomato sauce

So don't sweeten your sauce when you make it? It doesn't need it anyway. Just throw in some garlic and basil, and you're golden. Maybe oregano if you want.

Kitfox88 posted:

I just sprinkle red winebalsamic vinegar and EVOO on romaine lettuce for a salad

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

All these complaints about food make me want to speak to the manager.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Fame Douglas posted:

With Italian life expectancy being way higher than US, can't be all that unhealthy.

Fun tact, pizza as we know it is not Italian pizza.

https://www.hungryhowies.com/blog/A...t%20underneath.

The way its made in Italy is a drat sight healthier than our pies.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

We have a weird pizza where the crust is made of biscuits.

It was weird because I always hear from foreigners that Canadian pizza kinda sucks, but I never realized it was actually different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

anonumos posted:

The way its made in Italy is a drat sight healthier than our pies.

And affordable. I know some people who were stationed in Naples, Italy for a while. The local places would charge ~€3 for a margherita?

Reference photo:

Glorious.

One guy, any time he tells food stories, he's apt to bring up that:
  • It's hard to find places in the US that get the sauce right
  • And they all charge like $20 what the gently caress