Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Almost AR46 and I just found out you can hold down and jump while climbing to jump away from the wall.
motherloving

zgrowler2 posted:

As someone doing exactly this how punishing is the jump from WL3 to WL5? I've been putting off WL3 to WL4 for lack of exp books, dunno if that's ultimately counterproductive. I think I have enough banked to barely hit 38 if I did the quest now.
The world elites and weekly bosses are 72 or so, and most other enemies vary from 59-70ish? If you have your main DPSers at 70 you're probably fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

zgrowler2 posted:

As someone doing exactly this how punishing is the jump from WL3 to WL5? I've been putting off WL3 to WL4 for lack of exp books, dunno if that's ultimately counterproductive. I think I have enough banked to barely hit 38 if I did the quest now.

I'm on WL5 and everything dies about as easily as it always has. Currently have a main dps who is capped out on everything except talents and level 60 supports with level 1 trash weapons. You definitely take significantly more damage when you get hit but it's not enough to matter much outside of Oceanid who does kinda suck. Some of the higher rank domains are awful but you can do lower level ones if you really want to (or just co-op them, which is what I do for some).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

zgrowler2 posted:

You should always ascend asap because it makes leylines and bosses more profitable. I've never heard of anyone bricking their account by ascending... if you're strong enough to pass the ascension quest, you're strong enough for the next WL.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Counter-point - crabs are easy peasy to collect twenty a day in Luhua Pool (there are exactly three pools with 4+3+3 crabs) and Falcon Coast (just run the sandy coast up and down for ~10 more).

Protip: If a crab escapes you, go away some distance (ideally hunting other crabs), then return, it will be in the spot where it buried.

Proprotip: Skills (Diona shield passive T1) and items that increase speed are good culture.

Thanks for the tip! I need about 120 crabs to finish my cooking achievement. Falcon Coast actually has like 20+ crabs on its own. There are 3 spots in particular that have about 6 each. One to the very north near a cryo Whopperflower, one next to the hilichurl camp, and one to the very south near crack in the cliff that was used for a quest.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah there’s a timed fight at the end of ascension prolly harder than anything actually in the world. The enemy drops alone are worth it, you start getting multiple items in a single drop. Like five-seven of The agent and cicin drops and 3 branches a mage.

And the bosses don’t scale much at all. I think the hardest dragon/wolf is your first by a far margin.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh hey I pulled Beidou neat. Shame since I've had Razor from the start and don't really have any good place for her since she's a cool pirate lady.

Although I've seen she works amazingly well with Childe if I manage to get him soon.

whats the beidou/childe synergy build?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

With 1.1 you can talk to the blacksmiths in each region to spawn crystals + magical crystals in every day. You can do the same with Draff in Springvale and Black Shoulder south of Liyue standing outside the mines. This can get you about 20 extra crystal per day (and a bunch of worthless magical crystals). If you're on a crystal farming day farm your crystals first, then spawn them in to maximize what you get.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gandlethorpe posted:

Thanks for the tip! I need about 120 crabs to finish my cooking achievement. Falcon Coast actually has like 20+ crabs on its own. There are 3 spots in particular that have about 6 each. One to the very north near a cryo Whopperflower, one next to the hilichurl camp, and one to the very south near crack in the cliff that was used for a quest.

Interesting, I should venture further north there, then (I always stopped near hillichurl camp and called it a day). Glad it helped anyway!

Anyway, can I get some help here from locals? I started doing AR45 artifact dungeons and I am kinda stuck:

I can clear Guyun (and it was my main go-to since AR40 when I had extra resin and felt like artifact hunting), but my Noelle has full Retracing Bolide (3/5 5*) and Ningguang has full Archaic Petra (4/5 5*), so it can slightly wait.
Did Remembrance today, so now my Sucrose has Venerer (4/5 5*) and Barbara, Diona and Qiqi are stacked with Maidens (2 - 5 pieces based on usage)

I'd love to do Midsummer to improve my Keqing, but my pyros (Klee + Xiangling) keep failing against the AR45 Cicins so far.
Zhou Formula I am not even trying, because my cryo is healing Qiqi and freshly dropped Diona.

Clear Pool I am not that certain about its sets, they don't seem like major improvement (aside for maybe Xiangling, should I try it?)

Should I just go for Clear Pool, improve Xiangling (who's slightly behind my main DPS , being at 73 right now) and then go for Midsummer again when I level my pyro team to near 80? Or is there a better course of action?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You can try eating food (like Golden Crab and Adeptus' Temptation) to see if that helps. I know a lot of people use co-op as well. I've discovered the secret technique vs Cicin mages is to freeze them but it requires some specific characters.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Thanks for the ascension tips y'all!

Jinnigan posted:

also interested in this :getin:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

No Wave posted:

I've discovered the secret technique vs Cicin mages everything is to freeze them but it requires some specific characters.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Jinnigan posted:

Got a Beidou and a Childe from this banner and like them both so yes please would love to see this.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

With 1.1 you can talk to the blacksmiths in each region to spawn crystals + magical crystals in every day. You can do the same with Draff in Springvale and Black Shoulder south of Liyue standing outside the mines. This can get you about 20 extra crystal per day (and a bunch of worthless magical crystals). If you're on a crystal farming day farm your crystals first, then spawn them in to maximize what you get.
Note that this spawns them in every possible node too, not just the four or so that get marked. Most of them are locations that already had multiple crystal spawns so you probably have map pins to check already anyway.

Shame the magic crystals are basically useless, but I guess it's nice they finally added something that only costs 10 resin? :effort:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They are far from useless imo!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I mean between three expeditions a day and general collecting and other stuff it feels easy enough to get them, and a few hundred will take a weapon from 1-60 or so really quick. The new magic chunks that take up 10 resin seem like a much worse deal.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I assume Beidou/Childe synergy is just Beidou Q then auto with Childe, full energy regen on Beidou and run a Fishl to build electro ult faster.

Pierson posted:

I mean between three expeditions a day and general collecting and other stuff it feels easy enough to get them, and a few hundred will take a weapon from 1-60 or so really quick. The new magic chunks that take up 10 resin seem like a much worse deal.
When I hit AR50 I will need 1500 mystical ores to upgrade the six weapons I care about to 90. If my weapons were 5* I would need 2250. I think the rate on the blacksmith is really terrible but people will run out of crystals.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Jinnigan posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jtfvp3/childe_beidou_discount_foul_legacy_transformation/

Basically with the way Beidou's burst works to add bonus electro damage to attacks for a duration you throw it on and then Childe gets to proc poo poo load of electrocharged reactions in melee stance while it's up. I believe you'd want to build Beidou with a lot of energy gen to keep the burst online as much as possible since it's a high cost one at 80 energy. Possibly also elemental mastery.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I ran out of crystals long ago and sweeping the map to hit all the nodes is too tedious for me so I welcome the convenience that comes from hitting up 2-3 magic ore spots.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So I'm saving for the Zhongli banner, but I realized that I didn't have enough stardust to buy out all the rainbow fates from the shop. Since I'm only ~40 rolls into my pity timer, I decided to roll just enough times to get that stardust rather than let those two fates slip away.

On my last roll I got Diona (well second to last, since getting a new character doesn't pull you any stardust), and that felt good as hell. I now have another Ice character to pull out when I need to break electro shield.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

TBH the magic ore mostly feels like extreme future proofing for when you have literally all your current characters and weapons maxed out, at which point your only options for spending resin are ley lines, the artifact lottery, or blindly hoping that the ascension item you're stockpiling is actually relevant for the next thing you pull off the gacha. Also making condensed resin I guess. At that point, som extra refinement ore doesn't seem as useless in comparison.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Magic ore is my fault, I was wishing for a way to spend 10 resin because the bp wants 150 a day and everything in the game was 20 resin and there was this monkey’s paw nearby. My bad.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

so this weekly BP quest I can just farm out in some low level Domain right

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

frajaq posted:

You don't even need to spend resin

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

frajaq posted:

I think Abyss floors count too.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

inthesto posted:

So I'm saving for the Zhongli banner, but I realized that I didn't have enough stardust to buy out all the rainbow fates from the shop. Since I'm only ~40 rolls into my pity timer, I decided to roll just enough times to get that stardust rather than let those two fates slip away.

On my last roll I got Diona (well second to last, since getting a new character doesn't pull you any stardust), and that felt good as hell. I now have another Ice character to pull out when I need to break electro shield.

i want Diona but my pity timer is at 71 and i'm also waiting for Zhongli so i don't want to risk it. a classic Gamer's Conundrum

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

As a dedicated Barb user for heals, the best second choice is Jean, right?

I did pull her recently and was wondering if I should be leveling up her for my second abyss healer

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I have Jean and Barbara and ever since I learned how strong Xing barbara has never been in my A team. Jean barely ever leaves my party, because I've grown used to having a tanky character soak up damage and heal the party when poo poo hits the fan.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Qiqi is an amazing healer. Her E does sustained healing, does damage and applies cryo. Then if things are betting bad you swap to her, do 1 attack combo to apply a seal and now your carry can't die while attacking. Then if poo poo really his the fan you ult which does a bit of burst healing and damage andyour main DPS REALLY can't die for the duration.

I think eventually though it will come down to which healer can contribute the most damage while keeping the team alive.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Squiddycat posted:

As a dedicated Barb user for heals, the best second choice is Jean, right?

I did pull her recently and was wondering if I should be leveling up her for my second abyss healer
The consensus seems to be that Bennett is better in abyss on most teams due to his burst giving your carry a bunch of damage in addition to keeping them healed, and Qiqi makes you nigh unkillable since she can let your carry heal themselves while attacking. But Jean is handy too especially on higher floors if you abuse her ability to throw mobs around for massive falling damage. I'd probably build up Jean just to do this because it looks fun.

That said, you can get by without any of them. I have used Barb and Noelle (both level 50) for all my healing needs up to floor 10, and all that's holding me back is getting my carries stacked and my supporting cast set up properly. Noelle has gotten more love because she needs it to keep up as a healer. Putting her with another Geo character to help keep her burst available is not always viable because of all the elements you need on each team to deal with shields, but it's pretty awesome on the floors where it's an option. Also, since she can only heal while she's hitting with her own shield up, she takes investment to keep her shield strength high enough to not instapop while also needing to still do some damage for you so you aren't completely cratering your DPS while she's out. Fortunately, she gives you something to do with your 5* artifacts with +DEF%, so she's not fighting over stuff with other characters. Barb provides heals and can deal with fire shields but is a liability on floors with a lot of cryo damage coming at you. She does combo well with Thrilling Tales + her E with a bursty hydro like Mona or Childe, but, again, stacking 2 hydros is a luxury you can't afford with a lot of abyss floors.

But yeah, I recently bought Bennett out of the store and pulled Diona, so I look forward to having more options once I have time to mess with them.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Nov 15, 2020

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I have Jean and Barbara and ever since I learned how strong Xing barbara has never been in my A team. Jean barely ever leaves my party, because I've grown used to having a tanky character soak up damage and heal the party when poo poo hits the fan.

Yeah, Jean is beefy and a nice option to switch to after my Klee gets squished. Her E is actually very useful as well for some light crowd control and for launching Cicin Mages and the assassin, specifically.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Barbara is only really a liability on Abyss floor 12 because of the constant pulsing ice aura freezing you, so basically any other healer would be good to use. Diona is like tailor made for floor 12, her shield has a 250% cryo affinity bonus and as long as you give her a moderate amount of gear it will absorb a lot of incidental damage and stop you from getting chain staggered by those stupid falling icicles.

Also speaking of abyss, today is the last day before it resets so if you were planning on doing any stages past 8 now's the time!

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

aparmenideanmonad posted:

But yeah, I recently bought Bennett out of the store and pulled Diona, so I look forward to having more options once I have time to mess with them.

Diona's healing is frustrating because when your guys need heals, that's when you can least afford to confine their movement to a small area, which is what she demands.

I'm still experimenting with her. I think she might be very good, but her healing is the smallest and most awkward part of her kit. Her eskill is what makes her baller.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kinda torn whether to pull more on this banner. I'd enjoy any 4* constellation going up up UP, but I am at 54 pulls and scared I'll pull Childe... I'll probably throw in at least few more pulls, I guess.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Childe ftw.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kinda torn whether to pull more on this banner. I'd enjoy any 4* constellation going up up UP, but I am at 54 pulls and scared I'll pull Childe... I'll probably throw in at least few more pulls, I guess.
You're reasonably safe for 15 more pulls. The statistics people have gathered shows it only goes up starting at 75 (but I tend to stop at 70 just out of paranoia).

I love Childe, he's exactly the kind of character I like, but he's admittedly no help at all on floor 12. I was hoping the abyss would change this reset but there's no indication that will happen.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 15, 2020

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Do we have a thread somewhere for Genshin Impact team ups? I need help killing the wolf boss, but pubbies are not being responsive. :( Don't see a thread in private servers.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

No need to be scared, Tartaglia is extremely good

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I just pulled Skyward Harp (pity counter 36) and Diona in one pull apiece on wep and char banners. Is...is this what it feels like to be a whale

More importantly, I wanted a Ning c6 so I could get the last two starglitter I need for a perpetually elusive Bennett but I guess catgirl healer is good too

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

gently caress the 7th abyss floor lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

... y'know, I've only just realised that weapons have specific substats lol